• Published 18th Jun 2013
  • 480 Views, 6 Comments

Red Velvet and the Red Dawn - Blackdrag-rose



Ponies have been disappearing from and Princess Celestia is determined to find out whose responsible for it.

  • ...
 6
 480

The Blue Envelope

Canterlot, the capital of Equestria and home to two of the most powerful Alicorn's in Equestria's history, was busy despite it being a Friday morning. Typical Friday mornings were usually empty as most ponies were at work or in school and weren't hanging around the marketplace of Canterlot. Today ponies of all ages and genders walked through the marketplace, but one stallion was in a hurry to get to the castle.

This particular stallion had a bright red coat and a mane and tail style that was identical to the infamous Rainbow Dash of Ponyville. His mane color was the strange mix of two crimson parts with a patch of sapphire caught between them. And, though some ponies thought it strange, his eyes were a strong emerald color. His cutie mark was a dark blue shield with a red pentagram inscribed on it.

This ponies name was Red Velvet, a unicorn of some high magical skill, and he was going to be late for a Day Court meeting that was supposed to be extra special. Not that every meeting wasn't special since Princess Celestia herself was hearing every case and point made on any particular subject. Sometimes her sister, Princess Luna, would stay up just a tad bit longer just to see how her sister ran her court so she could make some slight adjustments to her own.

"Excuse me," he called out, making a pair of ponies separate as he passed on by them. "Coming through."

To the ponies of Canterlot he was a respected member of Princess Celestia's royal court and she often teased him by saying that he was an invaluable adviser over the years. In reality he was a pony that was taking orders from somepony he didn't know and couldn't trust the motives of. He kidnapped his targets in the middle of the night and made sure to finish them off before he had to leave for home again. Only problem was since Berry Punch had slept so long she had cut into his sleeping time and thus caused him to be running late.

Of all his targets he was glad to have disposed of the wretched Berry Punch.

"Hey Red, thought we'd be starting without you," said an earth pony in front of him.

"Sorry about that," Red called, coming to a light trot as he neared the pony, "I slept in after all my studying and realized I'd be late if I didn't get a move on."

Red and his coworker walked into the throne room where Princess Celestia made all her appointments and held her sessions. It was going to be a long and boring day for Red, but he wanted to keep his cool and not arouse suspicion.

~Seven hours later~

Just as Red had expected, almost all of the court meetings were boring and bared no need to remember them in the near future. The only part of the meeting that had remotely caught his interest was a pony from Ponyville, he couldn't remember the name now, mentioning something about the disappearance of Berry Punch, the same pony he had abducted last night. Princess Celestia had promised that she and the royal guard would catch the pony responsible for kidnapping the last ten ponies and bring him or her to justice.

Red just walked home with his mind busy with activity, trying to figure out how he could contact his employer, who he didn't know, and set up a meeting with them. He was so lost in thought that he passed his mailbox and had to turn around so he could get the mail, which usually contained junk and bills. Today, however, it contained two pieces of treasure waiting for him. The first piece was another black envelope, which meant that he was going to be killing somepony, or someponies, in the near future.

The second piece was an identical envelope to the one he was already holding, except that the color scheme of this one was a blue color. Seeing as he had never gotten a blue envelope before he dared to hope that it would give him a clue as to who his employer was, so he quickly entered his house and locked the door behind him. He set down the rest of the mail, excluding the black envelope as he wanted to see who his next target was after opening the blue one, and tore open the blue envelope. Inside he found a single piece of parchment with three short lines written on it.

Saturday at dawn

Joe's Doughnut Shack

Outside if you can

Red couldn't believe his eyes and yet he was staring at it. Tomorrow at dawn he was going to finally meet his employer and get some answers to his questions. Grinning widely he placed the blue message to the side and opened up the black envelope to find a list with only two names on it; Prince Blueblood of Canterlot and Filthy Rich of Ponyville.

"About time I was asked to do in that annoying Prince," Red muttered to himself, folding the list in half as he walked to his private study, "I'm surprised that nopony has dared put him in his place for so long."

The fact that he had received a list so soon after his last assignment wasn't the part that interested him. It was the fact that he was soon going to be meeting his employer that both interested and excited him. He needed to make some last minute preparations if he was going to be going after Prince Blueblood soon, but he figured that he could wait until he had chatted with the pony responsible for starting him and his work. He only hoped that whoever his employer was was happy with what he had been doing for the last couple of weeks.