• Published 18th Jun 2013
  • 479 Views, 6 Comments

Red Velvet and the Red Dawn - Blackdrag-rose



Ponies have been disappearing from and Princess Celestia is determined to find out whose responsible for it.

  • ...
 6
 479

Darkness

A pony groaned and tried to raise itself, but instead found that it was tied down to a bed with straps wrapped around both it's front and back legs. The smell of chemicals reached it's nose and it could only guess the nature of the combination that lingered in the air. It noticed the sweet smelling aroma of a familiar anesthetic agent, chloroform it recalled as it's mind struggled to awaken. Something was keeping it from truly awakening it's mind as it's eyes opened to reveal the most horrific of sights.

The room it was in was filled with a large variety of tools that belonged in the room of a surgeon, yet here they all were, hanging around for anypony to use whenever they wanted to. It moved it's eyes around and found that the room was actually a modified chamber of an ancient castle, but which it didn't know. It noticed a window and spotted a dead tree standing just outside, but with the limited movability it possessed it couldn't see very much.

"Ah, I see you have awakened," came a voice from in front of it, "It is good to know that the drugs are still effective and keep you sedated for an extended period of time. Truth be told I hadn't expected you to be under for the last six hours. I guess I will have to lessen the dosage for my next target."

The pony who had spoken was a bright red coated unicorn with emerald colored eyes, though he, judging by the voice, was currently carrying something in his magical grasp, which had been a toned down red color. The pony's mane and tail were similar shaped to the famous Rainbow Dash's own mane and tail, except that they were crimson red colored with a piece being a deep sapphire blue color. The stallion's cutie mark was what looked like a dark blue shield with a red colored pentagram inscribed on it.

"You must be wondering who I am and what I am doing to you." the stallion commented, putting down what looked like a shopping bag from the market. "Unfortunately I will not be answering your 'questions', Miss Berry Punch. You have a plum and a mulberry shaded mane and tail. Your cutie mark consists of a cluster of grapes with a single strawberry next to them. You are a mare of a respectable age, I would say at least thirty at the first glance, and yet you are known for drinking.

The only times you haven't been consumed in whatever your drinking is when you go out to the market of Ponyville to purchase supplies and essentials. You also participated in Ponyville's annual Winter Wrap Up and the Running of the Leaves quite recently. Not to mention that you and your sister participated in the Sisterhooves Social and ended up snatching the victory from anypony else."

The mare couldn't even remember her own name and life, yet this stallion spoke her name as if he had gotten to know her before this had happened. Almost like he had been researching her entire life and had been studying her for the last couple of days to know her routine. This one pony almost seemed like he cared that she was waking up and could hear whatever he said, but then again he had admitted he had drugged her to begin with.

"I can see that you have tried moving every part of your body at some point since you woke up," the stallion observed, his eyes flowing over the many tools and picking up a tool that was used to cut ponies open during operations, "and I am glad that the muscle relaxer has done a decent job making it so you can't thrash about and tear the bindings off. That could have caused unrepairable damage to all of your internal organs and could have bruised or even broken several of your bones if you had fallen off the table.

Allow me to explain something to you Miss Punch; I work for somepony who hasn't given me his or her name and they send me these black envelopes with either a single target named or a whole batch to be taken care of at my leisure. You may call me an assassin, a murderer, or whatever name that you can think of that would suit me in this profession, but it doesn't matter what you call me. What really matters is what I'm going to do to you, Miss Berry."

The stallion turned away from all the tools that were hanging and walked over to where Berry was strapped down, holding the scalpel he had picked up earlier. The tool gleamed in the small light of the room, which made Berry's eyes widen in terror as the stallion got closer.

"Don't worry too much, I have done this multiple times in the past," the stallion said, the scalpel resting against Berry's chest, "Don't look so surprised my dear, you aren't the first pony that I have abducted in the middle of the night and transported somewhere that they don't known about. By now your jaw should be working to the point you you being able to speak and scream and all the works, so feel free to scream. In fact, I encourage you to scream."

The sharpened blade plunged into Berry's skin and the nameless stallion began to cut her open, allowing her blood to pool around the floor. Berry screamed alright, she screamed as the stallion cut her open and snapped her ribcage open. If she tried to close her eyes the stallion would send a charge of electricity through her body, jolting her awake so he could continue his procedure. Oddly enough he didn't touch her organs, just worked around them with a smile on his face and not a care in the world.

"Why ... why are you doing this?" Berry weakly asked the stallion, hoping to get one answer out of him before she died due to the amount of blood she was losing. "Wh...who are you?"

"Simple," the stallion replied, setting down the tools and gripping her still beating heart with his magic, "Your name was in the latest envelope, like I explained earlier. And you can call me you Executioner."

With that last word leaving the stallion's mouth he tore her heart right out and Berry's eyes went lifeless, the last thing she ever saw was the murdering stallion holding her heart.