• Published 17th Jun 2013
  • 2,141 Views, 5 Comments

The Human Who Protected Me - Mr Blu Shy



When Ryo saves a bug-like pony who cannot understand him, he takes her home to help her.

  • ...
5
 5
 2,141

Chapter II

--------RYO--------
As I walked down the path with this strange creature, he kept writing on a chalk board. To be quite honest, I have no idea where it learned to write Equestrian. It can’t write very well, but it’s understandable.

We came to the edge of the forest, but I didn’t go out. The creature sniffed and smiled. Then it looked back at me. Again, he got the chalk board out and wrote down ‘What’s wrong?’ with a confused look about him. I avoided looking at him and tried to get the board, but I didn’t want to leave the forest, as much as I did, I couldn’t.

You see, the ponies of Ponyville all think I’m evil, and… well, I am evil. I wanted to make peace with Celestia at one point before, but… she wouldn’t let me into the town.

He walked forward and gave me the board. I wrote down how I was evil and no-one likes me at all. I'm hated by most. Ryo, which was his name I think, took his rucksack off and handed me a jewel. Then he said something, but it was in some weird language and put a mirror in my face. I was invisible!

I thought I may as well try to go wherever he was taking me, but if it was no good, I am going straight back to the forest. It was weird, as I walked through town, he was waving to people, and I was just there, sneaking around, like a no-good villain. I… I hate being the bad guy, but I have to bear with it.

As Ryo walked up to a library, I saw through the window, Twilight Sparkle; the one pony who defeated me at the wedding about a year ago. The wedding, I might add, was when I tried to take over Canterlot. It was one of those situations I couldn’t control. If I had to, I would have asked Celestia for help, but unfortunately, that would have meant my removal from the throne of the changelings.

Ryo stopped and looked at me; he had a concerned look in his eyes and wrote on the board. “Listen, we are going to speak to Twilight. She might not be understanding, so let me talk.” I Nodded and rushed inside the library after spike opened the door.

Bad News, I ran straight into her. Twilight knocked the jewel straight out of my hoof and I fell back. Spike looked at me and fainted. Twilight rubbed her face and sighed. I could have chosen to become anyone in her view, anyone, just to avoid her knowing it was me. But I chose not to, I thought it would be better if I told the complete truth. There had been too many lies before.

She opened her eyes and saw me. She almost squealed, but then pointed her horn at me. 'Chrysalis, get out!' she shouted.

Stressed and upset, I didn’t know what to do and I sat down. 'Twi—', I managed to sigh before she spoke once more. I knew this is exactly what would happen. Where was Ryo?

'Just listen. Please!' I shouted. I wish I hadn’t of shouted, because that attracted the attention of four of five ponies in the library at the time. I stumbled back as they gathered on me, pretty much is the same way as the timber wolves, with twice the hate, and reason for it.

'What?' she asked.

Ryo rushed through the door; I hope he knows what he’s doing. He sprinted in front of me and made some signs in front of Twilight. She looked at me, then back at Ryo. 'Is it true Ryo rescued you?' she asked.

I replied simply by nodding. Then I wanted to speak, but Twilight didn’t believe me and told Ryo to get out of the way. 'Where are the others?' she asked quite loudly.

'I don’t know' I said. I couldn’t tell her, mainly because I didn’t know myself. I knew they were dead, but I didn’t know where their bodies where… Oh Tartarus, I don’t even want to picture that.

'Liar!' she shouted. She pushed Ryo out of the way, and hit me across the chest, so I fell backwards. 'Where are they?!' she shouted again.

'DEAD!' I screamed. 'They are scattered all over the forest. Go and have a look!' I finished. Twilights ears drooped.

'But…' she mumbled. I started weeping, and I hit her across her face, which almost knocked her out.

'No buts! I am on my own!' I shouted. I slowly walked over to the window in the front and shaped into Fluttershy. 'Huh, my favourite of the mane six, she’s so cute.' I giggled, but not happily. Fluttershy was my favourite of the mane six, no lies. She was shy though, hence the name.

Twilight got up to her hooves and whimpered. I think she finally grasped that this wasn’t a joke. Or a trap or a trick or whatever! 'Queen Chrysalis, the last changeling?' she asked.

I didn’t feel like answering. So I just stood here. I did nothing; I shaped into Fluttershy and stood there. As I was about to answer because I needed to, I realized one very important thing.

When you’re a changeling, you can… well, change. And the one problem with changing is that you can never be seen at the same time as the original. So When Fluttershy walked through the front door of the library, I cringed. 'Just my luck… Bad luck.' I said.

'Fluttershy, don’t be alarmed.' Said Twilight, trying to make everything as calm as possible, but Fluttershy seemed to be in awe that there were two of her.

'Hello.' I said, or rather whispered. When you’re with someone you really like, you have to imitate them once at least, and everyone does.

Fluttershy smiled and stuck out a hoof. Probably wanted a hoofshake, but I got too excited. My hoof extended and became a black shell. The holes in my legs appeared and I panicked. I quickly hid my hoof behind my back and smiled, eagerly.

'Oh, what the matter, did I scare you?' she asked, 'I’m sorry, I only wanted a hoofshake' she finished.

'No, no, it’s okay, I… panicked.' I said. I was seriously nervous. I was gonna spill the beans at some point, it was obvious. I looked back at my hoof, which was becoming my normal body once again. Slowly retreating to my torso. This happens when I don’t focus. How could I focus though?

'Twilight, I came to pick up some books on how to get gum out of bears fur, if you have anything like that?' she asked, walking over to Twilight.

Dear Celestia, thank you she didn’t look at me anymore. I noticed by mane was changing back to its original form. And my eyes, as I could see from a mirror. Ryo sneaked over to me and nudged me. He showed the chalk board, which he had written, “Hide upstairs” on. I quickly obeyed him and ran upstairs, just as the rest of my body became changeling.

Twilight soon came up the stairs and said something to me. Something I had never heard in my whole life. Something I will never forgot. She looked at me and sighed, 'I’m sorry.' She said. Sorry. That word lingers in my head. I mean, people have been sorry before, but never to me and not with that amount of sincerity. Twilight looked at my head and her eye twitched.

'Where’s your crown?' she asked. She probably thought somepony had stolen it or something.

'Ryo has it. He won’t let me have it, but I don’t blame him. It has half my power in it. In case I’m too weak, I’d use my crown to transform.' I quickly said, in a little happy voice. My happiness died down after Twilight frowned.

'Chrysalis, promise me you aren’t evil.' She said. How could I promise? I am evil, even though I hate it and I try not to be. I don’t even act evil, but I… Celestia forgive me, I have even killed before.

'Twilight Sparkle, of Ponyville, Equestria…' I started. Twilight raised an eyebrow and looked curious as to what I was going to say next. I thought very carefully, I had something planned, but I don’t know if she would interrupt me or not, 'I cannot promise anything to you—', I tried to finish, but she interrupted me.

'I knew it! You’re still evil!' she shouted. Suddenly, I heard Fluttershy coming up the stairs followed by what I think were Ryo’s attempts to stop her.

'I’m having no choice in the matter!' I shouted. 'Let Fluttershy see me! Let her see the monster that has no home, no family and no hope in the world! I am just another cruel beast, like Nightmare Moon or Sombra!' I shouted. I started crying again, I’m not even supposed to have emotions. I looked towards the floor and started the real waterworks.

'Twilight, is everything—', Fluttershy had just arrived at the top of the stairs. She looked at me, and then at Twilight, who stepped back a little bit. Ryo walked over to Twilight and wrote something down on the chalk board. Twilight nodded.

'Fluttershy, please listen to me carefully. Chrysalis is not evil.' She said. Fluttershy stepped back a little bit, so Twilight stepped forward. 'Please come here Fluttershy, please… I need your help on this.' She begged.

'Twilight, she… she’s controlling you, just like she did Shining Armour!' screamed Fluttershy. She looked at me and saw I was crying. Judging by her expression, she didn’t notice before. 'Oh, were you me?” asked Fluttershy. I didn’t think to say anything because I couldn’t turn the water works off. Let’s just say the valve was broken. Fluttershy looked at the ground, then back at me.

She walked over to me and sat next to me. I stopped crying and looked at her for around two seconds, and then the valve broke once more. Fluttershy rubbed one hoof with the other and smiled at me. I stopped crying again. I didn’t wanna embarrass myself in front of her.

'Hey, Chrysalis?' she asked. I nodded. 'You’re not evil are you?' she asked kindly.

'I try not to be.' I whispered. Suddenly, Twilight cut in.

'You know, it could be worse. Ryo is said to die in two weeks.' she said, I may I say rather grimly.

Ryo, dead in two weeks; I could not believe what I just heard. Even so... I will not allow that to happen. Ryo saved me, protected me, and I will not allow him to die.

If Ryo, the human who protected me dies, I will never forgive myself.


TBC; there are two takes to this story.
If you prefer a sad story, comment.
If you prefer a mystery story, like.
If you don’t know what will happen and want to keep it that way, message me.
However, I will tell you one thing. How many of you have changed the future? ;)