• Published 17th Jun 2013
  • 2,141 Views, 5 Comments

The Human Who Protected Me - Mr Blu Shy



When Ryo saves a bug-like pony who cannot understand him, he takes her home to help her.

  • ...
5
 5
 2,141

Chapter I

--------CHRYSALIS--------
The forest was quickly disappearing from view as I ran, each new tree the same as the last. I was beings chased by a pack of timber wolves, I’m so, so scared. I have never cried in my entire life, not even when my race died. But now this is it. I am the last changeling… Queen Chrysalis, I'm going to die. I’m crying, I don’t usually feel emotion, but I'm scared, sad and lonely. I am no Queen.
They were slowly catching up to me, but I jumped and one of them hit a branch sticking out. It didn't help, there were about seven of them left. I raced up and down in circles, hoping they would stop and try to kill something else in view. However, there was nothing in view. Nothing would want to live in a horrible, desperate place like this, nothing, but me and the wolves.
It's confusing really; I didn't expect to die like this. I always thought I would be killed by Celestia. She is a princess living in Canterlot, whom I respect dearly, though she has no idea. Without warning, I was jumped.
A Timber Wolf had landed right on my back. I tried to escape, but my wings were being crushed by the weight. The wolf turned me around and snarled. It's foul breath protruding my nostrils.
I kicked and pushed, but it was no use. I could not defend. I gave up hope, and the wolf opened it jaws and went in for the kill. A single tear left my eye as another noise came from about a mile away. The wolves distracted, I pushed him off and started to run again. He started to chase me, as did the others, once they regained focus. I looked forward and saw a bush which seems full of thorns, so I jumped in.
They snarled again, and jumped over the bush a few times. The Timber Wolf had taken a small chunk of my neck away, and it hurt. Lucky for me, Timber wolves can’t touch thorns or they become pure wood.
They were barking outside the bush. I had scratches all over and was bleeding. My blood is not red like the ponies’, its green. I could see the wolves trying to get in, one or two being foolish enough to touch the thorns.
‘Go away!’ I shouted. They wouldn’t listen, I don’t think they can. Whatever happened, I hope it’s for the better of everyone else.
Before anything else happened, suddenly some strange creature came through the trees with some sort of metal shape. They pulled a small flick of metal in the middle and one of the wolves fall over. The same happened with all the others.
The strange creature said something, but I couldn’t understand it. I think it was a boy. It tore open the bushes, so I crept back as far as I could. I pushed the ground just to get back. The creature held out a limb, which looked like a hoof, but it had some sort of limbs of its own.
--------RYO--------
‘Come with me’ I said. I tore open the rest of the remaining shrubs and grabbed one of the buggy pony’s holey hoofs. She tried to bite me, but I held her mouth. ‘Stop, I’m here to help.’ I said, but she ignored me. My name is Ryo. I’m here with my friends; the main six. I’m not quite sure why I'm helping this pony. I was told she was evil.
She kept struggling, so I took my rucksack off my back and placed it on the ground. I took out a small chalk board and she watched as I wrote. I had to write in Equestrian, otherwise she couldn’t read it. The message read; 'Can you read?' to which she nodded. At least I was making some progress. I stopped when I noticed the bleeding on her neck.
I took her other hoof and she came forward slightly. I tried to help her out. I took a small towel out of my slightly opened rucksack and kicked the tree beside her. A few drops of rainwater landed on it from the leaves. I kicked again, which scared her, and more water came down. She moved to the back of the shrub again.
I made sure the towel was damp and I took her hoof again. I saw luminous green liquid oozing out of small pricks in her legs here and there. I wiped the damp cloth on an especially deep one and she squirmed. I grabbed her hoof again a bit firmer and wiped some other wounds.
I then wrote the message; 'I'm going to clean your neck, alright?' on the board, in Equestrian, it was difficult to learn though. She appeared to sigh, and then moved her head to one side, revealing the true damage she had been dealt. I decided it would be better to get my water bottle out. So I did, and then I poured the water on the cloth.
The pony whimpered, so I patted her shoulder. I squeezed the cloth above her wound and water dribbled on to it. She squirmed and hit the ground with one hoof. I looked through my rucksack whilst I wiped her neck free of blood, or whatever she had in her veins, if indeed, she even had veins.
It was time to patch up the wound, so I looked for a bandage. There wasn't one, so I took out a thicker cloth, and put some disinfectant on it. My rucksack has a lot of supplies in it, let me tell ya.
I applied the anti-bacterial cloth and kept it there with some medical tape. I saw a small crown or tiara on the ground next to her. I decided to pick it up and put it in my rucksack. The pony tried to get it, but I wrote; 'I'm only borrowing it.', she seemed to sigh, I understood she would let me and I helped her out of the brush.
She just made some noises and then what appeared to be trying to hug me. She moved slightly away from me and stretched. She fell over and I quickly picked her back up. She cried some, which I thought was odd, but she did just nearly get mauled to death.
I stroked her mane and she then smiled slightly. Her mane was greasy and very tangled. Suddenly she flapped apparent wings. I smiled, ‘You’re a beautiful creature.’ I said. I think I am going to take her home and help her get better. By the look of it she hasn’t even in days and in my professional opinion, I think she has pneumonia.
We both started walking in one direction away from the scene, I got my board and wrote; 'My name is Ryo, I'm the one who made the wolf noise.' She took the board strangely with two hooves, and wrote; 'Chrysalis. Thank you so much for saving my life.' to which she soon started crying again. I reassured her and we both started walking again. Hmmh, I hadn't noticed we stopped.
I took the board again. Chrysalis was looking at it while I was writing and nodded before I managed to finish. At this point, the board just read; 'I'm taking you to a safe', it wasn't complete. I'm sure however, she won't mind living in my house for a few days.
---------Ryo signing off.

PS: Must finish learning vocal Equestrian.