• Published 1st Oct 2011
  • 8,948 Views, 147 Comments

My Little Duel Monsters - supersaiyanmikito



An ancient evil from Princess Celestia's dark past has resurfaced, sending Equestria into a downward spiral. Now it's up to her student with the help of a prince from another world to banish the shadows she helped create.

  • ...
11
 147
 8,948

Chapter 10 - Sisters Forever (2)

Rainbow yelled in pain and recoiled back to see a large bite mark on her shoulder. “Squirt, what did you do that for?”

“Scootaloo is not here element of loyalty…” Rainbow looked back up to Scootaloo who was now standing up perfectly. The top half of her face was covered in shadow and eyes and her eyes were blank and soulless. “So, we finally meet Rainbow Dash.” Her voice was completely different. It was like she had a second voice overlapping her normal one.

“What did you do with Scootaloo!?”

“I had a feeling Gilda couldn’t win this duel alone so I stepped in. This whole time I’ve been using my black magic to get into this filly’s head and take over her mind. She was quite a feisty one but she eventually broke. She doesn’t belong to you anymore; she belongs to me. A mind slave with no free will of her own! HAHAHAHAHAAA!”

“Let her go, NOW!” Rainbow yelled.

“Sorry, but I need her for the time being.”

“You’re sick, using my friends as a pony shield. What kind of creep brainwashes an innocent little child to fight for them?”

“I wouldn’t expect you to understand, this goes far beyond your knowledge. Just give up your soul-” The pony held up what appeared to be Iseris’ card. “And I will release your precious little sister.”

“I… I…”

“Come on ‘Dashy.’” Gilda teased. “What do you care about more, your loyalty to your Princess, or your little Scootaloo?”

“…”

“Well Rainbow Dash, what’s your answer?” The filly asked. “Give yourself up now, and Scootaloo will be returned to normal and you will be reunited with your dear friends in the Shadow Realm…”

Rainbow Dash looked down at her duel disk, her eyes twitching. ‘Maybe I should just give myself up… Scootaloo doesn’t deserve to suffer like this; I never wanted her to get hurt…’ Rainbow slowly hovered her right hoof over her duel disk. “I… I give-”

‘Wait!’ Said a voice. Rainbow looked up in shock. She looked back and forth but there was nopony else around. ‘Don’t give up, you can’t let her win!’

“Who… Who is there?”

‘Please, you have to listen to me! Don’t quit. Scootaloo looks up to you. She would never forgive you if you surrendered your own life, even to save hers.’ Just then, a ghostly figure visible only to her appeared in front of Rainbow Dash.

“Pinkie Pie?”

‘Please Dashy, you have to fight. Defeat Gilda and this pony controlling Scootaloo, you have to.’

“But Pinks, how can I when it puts Scootaloo at risk? I can’t do that to her...”

‘Since when have you become such a sissy?’ Another familiar figure appeared in front of her. ‘The Rainbow Dash I knew would never have given up so easily. What happen to yah?’

“Applejack… I’m just scared… I don’t want to lose anypony else…” Tears were starting to form in her eyes.

‘Then FIGHT! You are the most loyal pony I ever knew. Don’t back down; show them just how loyal you are!’

‘Don’t worry Dashy. Although we may be gone, we will always be with you.’

Rainbow Dash wiped her tears away and looked up. “Thank you, Pinks… Thank you AJ…” The two figured nodded and then vanished, leaving her looking at Gilda and the possessed Scootaloo. She slowly stood up. “I will NEVER give up! I will fight to the bitter end!”

“Oh?” Gilda questioned.

“You may have taken my friend’s souls but you will NEVER take away their place in my heart! As long as I don’t give in, they will always be by my side. They will never abandon me, just like I will never abandon Scootaloo. She is like family to me and I never quit on family.” Rainbow held up her duel disk and struck a battle pose. “GILDA! You messed with the wrong pegasus and now you are going down, DUEL ME!”

Not-Scootaloo grinned, and slowly broke out into laughter. “How touching, your love for your friends and family almost brings me to tears. You respect those close to you and will go to the ends of the Equestria for them. It’s sad really, you could have been a powerful ally but you decided to work for the Princess instead.”

“Just what are you going on about?”

Scootaloo pointed her hoof at Rainbow Dash. “The moment you were chosen by the Elements of Harmony, your fate was sealed. All I want is for every pony to have a right to choose their own destiny. We don’t need Celestia, the Elements or anypony else controlling our lives. Allowing others to take control leads to this exact situation we are in now. The two of us, holding control over the life of your precious sister and you fighting to the death to save her. We don’t need this; I don’t need this…”

“Will you just shut up already?” Scootaloo stopped her speech and looked to the side where Kaiba was standing. “You honestly think anybody believes the crap that comes out of your mouth? I’ll admit I agree everyone should control their own destiny…” Kaiba suddenly pointed at not-Scootaloo. “But if you’re so pathetic as to let things get so out of control in the first place, you’re not worth the space! I got where I am today by taking it by force. For years I let my stepfather control my life… And I took control and wiped him off the face of the earth! I took control! I made my own destiny!”

“Some of us were never given a chance; the Princess stole my life away from me! At first, I thought I was doing the right thing and supporting my family but once I learned what I was doing was for naught and only put my family in danger, I finally realized the truth… Celestia is a tyrant and needs to be DESTROYED! Once she is out of the way we can finally be free!”

“Is that really what you think…? Or are you just being a crybaby because things didn’t go your way and now you want to revolt against the Princess? Face it; your plan will never work. Your tiny little gang of rejects are doomed to fail!”

“Is that so? If you’re so confident that our band of ‘rejects’ don’t have the power to change destiny, why don’t you beat me and prove it?”

“Hmm, I thought you would never ask.” Kaiba held up his left hoof and his duel disk rotated into place.

“I’ll show you what I am capable of…” The filly performed a massive backflip over the gorge and landed over on the other side. She held up her right forehoof and a black duel disk just like Gilda’s materialized on to her arm; Gilda landed next to her momentarily after. “We will continue from where Gilda and Rainbow Dash left off but we now play under Battle Royale rules.”

Kaiba closed his eyes. “Dash, I want you to listen to me.” He opened his eyes again. “Keep your focus on birdbrain over there, you’re too close to the kid and you will only hold back…” Rainbow simply nodded. Kaiba turned his attention back to Scootaloo and Gilda. “It’s been a long wait but now I can finally let loose.”

“You will try…”

“LET’S DUEL!!!” The four said in unison.

Rainbow Dash
< LP: 6800 >

Seto Kaiba
< LP: 4000 >

Gilda
< LP: 1200 >

Yami Scootaloo
< LP: 4000 >

Kaiba quickly drew his cards. “Since your partner went last, I’ll start this battle off! I’ll start by sending the Thunder Dragon in my hand to the graveyard. By doing this, I can add two more Thunder Dragon from my deck to my hand.” Kaiba slid a card into the back of his duel disk. “Now I combine them together with Polymerization to create the Twin-Headed Thunder Dragon!” Two green scaled serpent dragons with wings appeared on the field and swirled together before exploding into a flurry of electricity. The resulting monster was a creepy red dragon with green bird like feet, a purple horn and two heads.

Twin-Headed Thunder Dragon
< Level 8 / ATK: 2800 >

Lastly, Kaiba threw two cards into his disk. “Finally, I’ll leave these cards face-down for later and that ends my turn.”

Scootaloo stood still for a moment rubbing her chin. “Hmm… I have an interesting idea…” The possessed filly proposed. “Since I have no intention of revealing my true dueling deck quite yet, instead I will use a little spell I invented.” The filly held her hoof over the duel disk and several black particles floated down enshrouding it. Slowly, a deck of cards formed up in the deck slot. “This magic draws from the user’s heart and builds the deck for them, similar to what Celestia did with the Elements of Harmony however mine draws from heart’s dark side. Now, let’s what this one holds in store…” Once a full deck was made, she drew her cards. “Hmm, exactly what I expected… This is going to quite fun, destroying you with the very cards that represent her feelings towards you Rainbow Dash. Of course, after I’m finished with Kaiba that is.”

“You can try but you stand no change at defeating me!”

“We will see about that… I’ll start by summoning my Elemental Hero Stratos to the field in attack mode.” The filly’s monster was a tall man with blue armor and jetpack made from propellers.

Elemental HERO Stratos
< Level 4 / ATK: 1800 >

“When Stratos is summoned to the filed, I can add any Hero monster from deck to my hand.” She ejected a single card from her deck is put it in her hand. “I’ll add Elemental Hero Sparkman from my deck to hand.” Next, she held up a spell card. “Now I activate a card known as Dark Fusion. This works similar to Polymerization but its slightly different. It allows me to combine monsters from my field and hand in order to summon a dark fusion monster.” The pegasus took two cards from her hand and slid them into the graveyard. “I’m using it to fuse the Elemental Hero Sparkman I just added to my hand and the Elemental Hero Clayman I already had.” Sparkman was a tall man with blue clothing and yellow armor while Clayman was a large grey colored golem with square arms and legs. The normal fusion swirl that was normally there for a fusion was different. It was surrounded with a black lightning. “Arise my fallen hero of earth and thunder, Evil Hero Lightning Golem!” The new monster looked like Clayman but with Sparkman’s armor and a slight color pallet change. Most of the armor was a teal color with purple lightning bolts running up and down the body. There were large red rubies on the chest and the back of the hands.

Evil HERO Lightning Golem
< Level 6 / ATK: 2400 >

Kaiba laughed. “You know super heroes are supposed to be good guys, right? If you’re trying to come off as some kind of hero trying to save the world from a tyrannical dictator, I suggest using cards that don’t have ‘Evil’ in the name. It kind of defeats the whole purpose.”

“You best learn your place, Seto Kaiba; you don’t fully comprehend what kind of power you are dealing with... I activate Evil Hero Lightning Golem’s special ability. Once per turn he has the ability to annihilate any monster on the field!” The filly’s golem flexed its arms and held out his right arm, firing a large bolt of lightning at Kaiba’s dragon.

“Not quite, reveal trap card! Interdimensional Matter Transporter!”

“Interwhat!?”

“This trap cards allows me to temporarily remove my monster from the field to avoid it’s destruction, then it returns to my field at the end of your turn!” Kaiba’s dragon glowed for a moment before suddenly squishing itself flat and warping out of existence.

The filly simple laughed. “You fool, now you left yourself wide open for a direct attack. Lightning Golem, attack Kaiba’s life points directly.” Lightning Golem held up his right and roared to the sky. A bolt of lightning came down and struck his fisting giving him an electrical charge.

“Not so fast, reveal trap card!” Kaiba’s face-down flipped up revealing what appeared to be a chest plate that looked like a mouth. “Thanks to my Attack Guidance Armor, your attack will be blocked by a different monster.” It quickly flew over towards Scootaloo’s Stratos and equipped itself to it. Stratos was forcefully pulled over to Kaiba’s field and hovered in front of him.

“You little...” Lightning Golem charged relentlessly with a red glow in his eyes. His fist made contact and crushed Stratos with no trouble. The possessed filly had a look of frustration on her face.

Yami Scootaloo
< LP: 4000 → 3400 >

“That’s it for my turn.” Scootaloo placed down two cards. “I’ll leave these two cards face-down for you. It’s you turn once again Element of Loyalty.”

“And now that your turn is over, my dragon returns to me.” Twin-Headed Thunder Dragon re-stretched itself warping back into existence.

“Alright...” Rainbow swiftly drew her card hold it far back in her hoof. She turned to it and her eyes shimmered. “Prepare yourself Gilda; I call forth the Agent of Mystery Earth.” A silhouette about the size of a normal pony appeared in the sunlight and swooped down in front of Rainbow Dash. It had large blue and green wings; short white hair and it was holding a small orb in its hand.

The Agent of Mystery – Earth
< Level 2 / ATK: 1000 >

“Ha! What do you plan to do with that weak little thing?” Gilda boasted.

“I wouldn’t be so cocky if I were you… Agent Earth has a special ability! When she is summoned to the field, I am able to add any Agent monster from my deck straight to my hand.” Rainbow hovered her hoof over her deck and it started to glow. “However, if Sanctuary in the Sky in on my side of the field she gets an added effect. Instead of bringing out a normal Agent monster, I am allowed to add the king of the Agents himself!” Rainbow drew the card and held it up high. “Now I remove Agent of Mystery Earth from my game!” Agent Earth suddenly exploded into small light particles. The pegasus threw her card down on to her duel disc and a large ray of light shot up into the sky. Gilda and Scootaloo watched the ray pierce through the clouded sky and open a hole in the clouds. “Descend from the heavens, lord of Agents… MASTER HYPERION!” Then a gigantic figure started to descend from the opening. The size of the creature was incredible. If they didn’t know better, they would say it was as massive as the very planet itself. It was wearing a long black and golden robe. It had gigantic wings that seemed to be nothing a raging inferno. The creature descended far into the background behind Rainbow Dash, covering up the very horizon.

Master Hyperion
< Level 8 / ATK: 2700 >


Normal Yugi and Spike were one their way back to Ponyville, riding in a single carriage pulled by guards when they saw the gigantic monster appearing in the distance. “Woh! That is one massive monster!” Spike shouted.

“It looks like a duel is going on over in Ponyville.” Yugi replied. He climbed up to the front of the carriage so the guards could hear him. “Can you take us in the direction of that creature?”

“Are you sure it’s safe?” One of the guards replied.

“The monster is only a hologram, it’s not real. We shouldn’t encounter any issues unless either a god card or Iseris appears.” The guard nodded and the guards started towards the giant monster. “I have a bad feeling about this…”

“What’s wrong Yugi?” Spike asked.

“If there is a duel going on than that means one of the Dark Summoners are dueling one of the Elements of Harmony. The only ones who have not been defeated yet are Twilight and Rainbow Dash and they are supposed to be in the hospital.”

“Twilight and Rainbow Dash are some of the strongest ponies I know and they won’t let some fiend beat them. I’m sure they will win!”

Yami Yugi materialized next to Yugi. “I sure hope he is right…”

“I’m still worried though…” Yugi replied.

“Yes, the whole reason we went to Canterlot in the first place was to retrieve the Harmony Fusion card Celestia created to beat Iseris but since a duel has already started, they won’t be able to use it.”

“Spike got lucky with that whole scroll teleportation spell but I doubt that would work again.”

“Even with Harmony Fusion, Spike and Rarity barely won yet Rarity still lost her soul…”

“Poor guy, at his age seeing the girl he loves sacrifice herself like that. But there was a good side to it.” Yami gave Yugi an odd look. “It proves just how powerful their friendship truly is. Their friendship is like nothing I have ever seen, even compared to all our friends back home.”

“As long as we keep cheering them on, they will have the strength to fight on.”


“I warned you Gilda!” Rainbow Dash shouted. “When you kidnapped Scootaloo you crossed the line! Master Hyperion, attack Gilda’s life points directly!” Hyperion held both his hands in front of his chest and a sphere of light started forming between the hands. Gilda had gone into full panic. She had no monsters, no spells and no traps. She was completely defenseless. Suddenly out of nowhere, several links of chain flew over the battlefield and wrapped around Rainbow’s monster, keeping it from attack. Rainbow quickly looked back at her monster. “What just happened?” Rainbow turned back to see the chains coming from a new trap on Scootaloo’s field.

“You didn’t think I was going to let you just attack my partner now did you? When you declared that attack, I activated my Fiendish Chain card; it prevents your monster from attacking and all its special abilities are negated. You were so focused on Gilda you forgot I am in this duel now and I don’t plan to let you harm Gilda more than you already have.”

Rainbow scowled at the fake Scootaloo. “I place one card face-down and end my turn. It’s your turn now Gilda…”

“My draw!” Gilda drew her card. “I play Pot of Greed; this lets me draw two cards… Next, I play a continuous spell card known as Black Whirlwind. This nifty little card activates whenever I summon a Blackwing monster… Like so…” Gilda summoned a strange looking red bird; it was small and was surrounded by a fog. “I summon Blackwing Calima the Haze.”

Blackwing – Calima the Haze
< Level 4 / ATK: 600 >

Gilda’s spell card lit up and a tornado of feathers flew out and struck her deck. “Now my Black Whirlwind activates, when a Blackwing monster is summons, I can add another Blackwing from my deck to my hand.” A single card slid out from her deck. “I used Black Whirlwind to add Blackwing Breeze the Zephyr to my hand, but he won’t stay for long because when he added to my hand by a card effect, he summons himself straight to the field.” Breeze appeared as a small orange bird with yellow wings. Small eyes could be seen in his head.

Blackwing – Zephyr the Breeze
< Level 3 / ATK: 1100 >

“Now for the fun part, I’m tuning my Level 3 Breeze the Zephyr with Level 4 Calima the Haze!” Breeze twirled into the air creating a slip stream behind it before morphing into three green rings. Calima followed in its trail and transformed into four white spheres in the center of the ring. The spheres expanded and a large white beam formed in the center of the rings.

< 3 + 4 = 7 >

Kaiba was in complete shock at this summon. “What kind of trick is this!?”

Gilda held her card high up. A completely new Blackwing appeared. It was barely recognizable as a bird; its entire body was covered in black armor. It had what looked like a large red eyeball in between its beak. “Say hello to my Synchro Monster, Blackwing Armor Master!”

Blackwing Armor Master
< Level 7 / ATK: 2500 >

“A… Synchro Monster?”

“Synchro Monsters haven’t been invented yet…” Scootaloo replied. “At least they haven’t been in your world. These monsters are summoned by tributing monsters who combine total level are equal to the level of the Synchro Monster as long as at least one of the monsters tributed is a Tuner Monster. Quite powerful beasts, too bad you won’t see the day when you can actually use them for yourself.”

“Now I’ll show you just how powerful they truly are!” Gilda pointed her claw at Kaiba’s dragon. “Blackwing Armor Master, attack Kaiba’s Twin-Headed Thunder Dragon!”

Kaiba recoiled at this. “What are you doing!? Your monster is weaker than mine!” Gilda’s Armor Master charged at his dragon and stabbed it in the head with its claws. Both Kaiba and Gilda stood still for several moments before Armor Master pulled out and went back to her side. “Wait, what just happened? Your monster should have been destroyed!”

Gilda just held her claw up and wagged it at Kaiba. “Oh Kaiba, don’t you realize my Armor Master has a special ability? When Armor Master attacks, it can’t be destroyed by battle and any damage I would have taken becomes zero.”

“Then why attack? It makes no sense.” Gilda simply pointed at one of Thunder Dragon’s heads. Kaiba didn’t see it at first but then it hit him. “What is that?” Kaiba’s dragon had a large slab of metal sticking out of its head.

“When Armor Master attacks, it puts a Wedge Counter on your monster.”

“What exactly does this thing do?”

“You’ll see… Now take you turn…”

Kaiba simply drew his card. “I don’t know what your Wedge Counter does but your monster is going down!” Thunder Dragon was started charging an electrical blast in his mouth.

“Not so fast, I activate the special ability of Black Armor Master. When a monster has a Wedge Counter, I can remove it to make the monster’s attack become zero!” The wedge vanished and Kaiba’s dragon seemed to suddenly lose all power, becoming weak. [ATK:0]

Twin-Headed Thunder Dragon
< ATK: 2800 → 0 >

“What!” Twin-Headed Thunder Dragon was now completely powerless and couldn’t do anything. “In that case I place a monster face-down in defense mode and then I’ll place one card face-down. That ends my turn.”

“My turn now.” Scootaloo called. “I’ll activate my Lightning Golem’s special ability. Once per turn, I can destroy one monster my opponent controls. I think the target of my Lightning Golem will be Kaiba’s face-down monster.”

“Not so fast!” Rainbow called, throwing a card into her graveyard. “By discarding Effect Veiler from my hand to the graveyard, your monster’s effect is negated.” A human-like angel appears in front of Lightning Golem. It had blue long hair, large angel wings and wore a white tunic with black stockings. It wrapped its wings around Lightning Golem and then slowly vanished. “You’re not the only one who can assist their partner.”

“It doesn’t matter, I’m still going to attack Kaiba’s face-down monster.” Lightning Golem began charging towards Kaiba’s card. When the card flipped revealing the monster, Kaiba just grinned. It was a small metal sphere with a creepy face-like door. “NOOO!”

“That’s right, you just attacked into one my favorite monsters; Cyber Jar” The jar opened its mouth and created a vortex attempting to suck everyone in. Everybody tried to hold on but their monsters were not to lucky. They were all sucked in before Cyber Jar exploded. “Now for the second effect of my Cyber Jar, every one of us must draw 5 cards from their deck and then if any of the monsters are Level 4 or lower, you have to summon them.” One by one, the four duelists each drew 5 new cards. “I summon these two monsters, X-Head Cannon and Y-Dragon Head.” X-Head Cannon was just a torso with blue and yellow armor. It had twin cannons coming out of its back and a small head near the top of the torso. Y-Dragon Head was just a red mechanical dragon.

X-Head Cannon
< Level 4 / ATK: 1800 >

Y-Dragon Head
< Level 4 / ATK: 1500 >

“I have three monsters.” Scootaloo replied. “Elemental Hero Avian, Elemental Hero Burstinatrix, and Elemental Hero Wildheart.” Avian was tall green birdman with white wings. Burstinatrix was a human woman with red clothes, long black hair and a golden crown. Wildheart was a human male wearing few clothes and carrying a large sword.

Elemental HERO Avian
< Level 3 / ATK: 1000 >

Elemental HERO Burstinatrix
< Level 3 / ATK: 1200 >

Elemental HERO Wildheart
< Level 4 / ATK: 1500 >

“I place one monster face-down in defense mode.” Rainbow continued.

Gilda just laughed. “You’re going to have to do better than that Dash; I have three monsters; Blackwing Shura the Blue Flame, Blackwing Ghibli the Searing Wind and Blackwing Zephyros the Elite.” Shura was a more humanoid bird with mostly blue feathers and black wings. Ghibli was a tiny bird with six red and black wings and three red tails. Zephyros was very human like but with black wings and blue hair.

Blackwing – Shura the Blue Flame
< Level 4 / ATK: 1800 >

Blackwing – Ghibli the Searing Wind
< Level 3 / ATK: 1600 >

Blackwing – Zephyros the Elite
< Level 4 / DEF: 1000 >

“Now that Cyber Jar’s effect is over, I can continue my turn.” Scootaloo said. “Since I have the right monsters on my field, I activate this card, you remember Dark Fusion, don’t you? With this I can summon a dark fusion monster.” Avian and Burstinatrix came together and did the same dark fusion as earlier in the duel. “I summon the dark fusion, Evil Hero Inferno Wing!” Scootaloo’s new monster was a human-like female, almost exactly like Burstinatrix but with black wings and her body suit more like a dress.

Evil HERO Inferno Wing
< Level 6 / ATK: 2100 >

“Now I’ll summon another Hero to my field, Elemental Hero Prisma!” Prisma was a monster made entirely of diamonds. He had large shoulder pads and crystal wings.

Elemental HERO Prisma
< Level 4 / ATK: 1700 >

“Finally, I’ll throw two cards face-down and end my turn.”

Rainbow drew. “Since I have four Fairy monsters in my graveyard, I’m allowed to special summon Archlord Kristya from my hand!” Kristya was returned to the deck when it was last destroyed and now it was back.

Archlord Kristya
< Level 8 / ATK: 2800 >

“Now I will summon yet another monster you should be familiar with but first I must tribute my face-down monster.” Rainbow’s face-down dissolved. “I summon Airknight Parshath!” It was the horseman monster from Rainbow and Gilda’s first battle.

Airknight Parshath
< Level 5 / ATK: 1900 >

Rainbow looked straight into Gilda’s eye. “Alright, let’s try this one more time… This next attack should wipe out the rest of your life points.” Rainbow could tell Gilda was getting nervous, she had no cards to defend herself. “Archlord Kristya, ATTACK!” Kristya materialized its sword and charged towards Ghibli. Right before contact, Scootaloo’s Evil Hero Inferno Wing jumped into the way. Rainbow recoiled back in shock. “What the?” Kristya charged forward and slashed at Inferno Wing, putting a huge scar in her. Kristya had created a large gash on the front of her body. “What did you do?”

“Simple, I commanded my own monster to block the attack. Giving up my monster was a small price to pay for my partner’s safety. But the surprise doesn’t end there. I activate my face-down card, Hate Buster! When a Fiend-type monster I control is attacked, this card destroys both the battling monsters and inflicts you with damage equal to your monster’s attack points.” The gash across Inferno Wing lit up with a bright light before Inferno Wing exploded, taking Kristya with it. Three of them were not affected but the blast came back at Rainbow Dash and blasted her back. She was still standing but the blast had left skid marks where she stood.

Rainbow Dash
< LP: 6800 → 4000 >

Rainbow Dash pulled herself back into place. She clenched her fore hoof over her chest; her injuries from the first battle were starting to return. She turned back to Scootaloo. “You… I don’t get you…” The possessed filly just looked at her in question. “You find and help ponies who are down on their luck and give them another chance and then whenever they are in trouble, you take the blow instead… You act and fight like a hero, putting others safety before your own… So, tell me this, why are you against Princess Celestia and my friends?” Just as the filly opened her mouth, a shadow flew over the field. Everyone looked up to see one of Celestia’s chariots flying overhead. Suddenly, two figured jumped from the chariot and landed down behind Kaiba.

“Yugi, what are you doing here?” Kaiba asked.

“Spike!” Rainbow called.

Spike turned to Rainbow Dash. “Dash, what are you doing out of bed? I was told you were badly injured and that it may be days before you wake up.”

“I probably would have if it wasn’t for Gilda.”

Yugi looked at the filly. “Hey, who’s the kid?”

Spike gasped. “Hey that is Scootaloo! She is like Rainbow Dash’s biggest fan!”

“But if she is a friend of Rainbow Dash, why is she fighting against her and alongside the Dark Summoners?”

“Because I am not Scootaloo…” Scootaloo’s voice sent chills down Yugi’s spine, it seemed familiar somehow.

“Someone is controlling her.” Kaiba replied. “Some pony is using the kid in order to take advantage of Rainbow Dash just like how Marik used Wheeler against you back at Battle City. I stepped in since I knew Dash didn’t have it in her to attack her fan.” About then, Spike noticed the other sleeping Crusaders and went to check on them.

Suddenly, Yugi changed to the Pharaoh. “You… Whoever you are, you some nerve pulling a stunt like this.”

“So, you finally come out Pharaoh.” Scootaloo replied.

To the side, both Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle were finally waking up. “Oh, what happened?” Apple Bloom asked.

“Last thing I remember was you getting everypony some apple juice and then I guess I just conked out…” Sweetie Belle replied.

“Knockout potion I stole from some store years ago, amazing when it comes to pranks.” Gilda replied.

“You have no idea what you are getting yourself into!” Yugi yelled.

“Of course, I do ‘Your Majesty’. I’m showing Rainbow she isn’t as loyal as she thinks.”

“W-what?” Rainbow stuttered.

“Haven’t you figured it out yet? Only reason I took control of her mind and agreed to this battle in the first place was to prove you are nothing but a selfish pony who cares about nothing but herself!” Rainbow’s pupils shrunk. “The whole purpose of this duel was to test you, to see how far you would go to save your so called ‘sister’. I thought you had promise, that you would go to the ends of the world to save her but so far you haven’t proven anything.”

“You… You take that back!”

“You’re hesitating; you’re starting to doubt yourself.”

“N-No… You’re wrong…”

“If you truly cared about Scootaloo you would have surrendered from the very start.”

“Scootaloo looks up to me. If I was to surrender myself to save her, she would never forgive me.”

“So, it’s just as I expected, you aren’t faithful to her. If you truly cared about her, you would be willing to give up everything to keep her safe. You are willing to fight for her but once you are given the chance to give up your own life to save hers, you cower. You’re willing to risk her life just for a chance that you could get out too. I guess it’s true what they say, you can’t care about honorary family as much as ‘real’ family.”

Rainbow finally snapped; her face could be described as nothing but complete rage. “That’s… It… YOU’RE DEAD! AIRKNIGHT PARSHATH, ATTACK HER ELEMENTAL HERO PRISMA NOW!!!!” Parshath galloped towards Elemental Hero Prisma and cleaved it right in half. Scootaloo braced herself and took the hit.

Yami Scootaloo
< LP: 3400 → 3200 >

Scootaloo recovered quickly. “How interesting, you attacked my Prisma but not my Wildheart. If you attacked Wildheart you would have done more damage. You’re afraid that if you do too much damage, you will hurt her. Hmm, maybe you care for her more than I thought.”

Kaiba growled and turned to Rainbow. “Listen, I told you keep your focus on birdbrain. I’ll handle the kid since you clearly can’t do it yourself!”

Rainbow Dash shook her head. “Kaiba, it’s just… What she said about me, that I don’t care for her…”

“Shut up and listen to yourself.” Rainbow lightly gasped. “When you told me you wanted to save the kid, I didn’t think you were this pathetic.”

“What are you saying?”

“Listen dweeb, if you really wanted to save her, she wouldn’t have been able to manipulate you the way she just did. She is trying to make you doubt yourself and if you let that happen then you might as well quit the duel now because you are not worth the dirt you’re standing on.”

Rainbow Dash closed her eyes and stood still for several moments. Everypony just watched in anticipation. Finally, she opened again and smiled. “So, when did you become such a softy Kaiba?”

Kaiba let a little smirk let out too. “If you’re going to team up with someone, you have to be sure you partner is at least half competent.”

“Hm, couldn’t have said it better myself…” Rainbow got back into her battle and pointed at Gilda. “GILDA! You better prepare yourself because I’m going to beat you and nothing is going to stop me!”

“JUST TRY!” Gilda screeched.

“With Kaiba by my side, nothing can stop us. Neither of you can match our total awesomeness!” Rainbow stood up on her hind legs and punched the air a few times.

The possessed filly was concerned. ‘Thanks to that meddling Kaiba, Dash has gotten her original vigor back. I fear mind games are no longer an option, now I have to resort to force…’

“My draw!” Gilda smirked and drew her next card. “I’ll start this turn with Card of Sanctity! Now each us draw cards until we are all holding six cards in our hand.” Rainbow, Scootaloo and Kaiba all drew normally. Just as Gilda was about to draw, she felt a jolt. Her top card released a powerful black light and as she drew, thunder could be heard in the sky. “The time has come! I sacrifice Shura, Zephyros and Ghibli.” All three of her monsters dematerialized and a giant hole could be seen opening in the sky. “I summon the Egyptian god, Slifer the Sky Dragon!” From the hole in the clouds, the familiar red dragon descended two mouths and all.

Slifer the Sky Dragon
< Level 10 / ATK: 5000 >

Gilda just held up another card and grinned. “I think you know what is coming…”

“Bring it on!” Rainbow yelled.

“I play Monster Reborn in order to summon a monster from my graveyard!” A black portal opened in the ground and Gilda’s Armor Master returned to the field. “Now that I have an Egyptian God and a monster of darkness on my field, I can sacrifice them to summon my ultimate monster!” Slifer dissolved into black dust and Armor Master melted into sludge. The two monsters shot into the sky spiraling in reverse directions of each other and into the hole opened up by Slifer. The black lightning bolt came down and burned the scars into Gilda’s head. Lastly, Gilda tucked her wings in for a moment and then spread them, firing brown feathers over the field. Afterwards, every brown feather on her wings were gone leaving nothing but black feathers. She landed down on the ground and Iseris rose up from behind her back.

Iseris, Destroyer of Harmony
< Level 10 / ATK: 3000 >

“Iseris may be strong now, but it’s about to become much stronger.” Gilda slid a spell card into her duel disk. “I activate my Vengeance Force spell card. First thing this does is increase the attack of a dark attribute monster on my side of the field by 1000 points.”

Iseris, Destroyer of Harmony
< ATK: 3000 → 4000 >

“That’s not all this card does either, when my monster declares an attack on an opponent’s monster and my life points are lower than my opponents, my monster gains attack equal to the difference.” Gilda pointed her claw towards Rainbow. “Iseris, attack Rainbow Dash’s Airknight Parshath and finish this duel!” Iseris flew off the ground and lunged towards Parshath with a sharp bladed arm.

Iseris, Destroyer of Harmony
< ATK: 4000 → 6800 >

“You seem to have forgotten about my Field Spell; you always did have a bad memory.” Gilda growled at this remark. “Thanks to my Sanctuary, any damage I take involving a fairy monster is negated!”

“That’s why I plan to get rid of it! Go Mystical Space Typhoon!” A large tornado formed in the center of the field and moved towards Rainbow’s field spell. “This card destroys any spell or trap card on the field and will allow Iseris to inflict enough damage to drop you to zero! You may have gotten your fighting spirit back but it’s too late!”

Gilda’s monster charged towards Rainbow’s monster and Gilda’s spell card flew towards Rainbow’s field spell right beside it. Rainbow stood her ground firmly with her eyes locked onto Gilda’s card and the impending doom heading her way. If she couldn’t stop this attack, she was a goner…