• Published 1st Oct 2011
  • 8,945 Views, 147 Comments

My Little Duel Monsters - supersaiyanmikito



An ancient evil from Princess Celestia's dark past has resurfaced, sending Equestria into a downward spiral. Now it's up to her student with the help of a prince from another world to banish the shadows she helped create.

  • ...
11
 147
 8,945

Chapter 12 - Ending the Pain (1)

Night had slowly settled on Ponyville. Standing upon a high cliff stood the last remaining outside the leader. The Great and Powerful Trixie overlooked Ponyville, preparing her next attack. She looked down at her right hoof and clenched it. A short burst of black lightning shot around her leg.

“This new power Master gave to me, the power I had before was nothing like this…” She muttered to herself. “With THIS kind of power, I can surely defeat Twilight Sparkle…” Trixie then closed her eyes and didn’t reopen for several moments. “No… Simply defeating her would be too easy. What Twilight did to me and Starshine… An eternity banished to the Shadow Realm is too good for her. If I want her to pay for what she did, I intend to make her suffer. I think it’s time to introduce her to true sorrow…”


Twilight continued to lie down on her bed. Physically she was in good shape but her mentality was another story. When Yugi and Spike arrived back from Canterlot, she wasn’t expecting to hear that she was the only left, all five of her friends had fallen in battle but also, she just couldn’t stop thinking of that filly.

‘Starshine… I had hoped that maybe you were the key to getting back the original Trixie but I never expected such a nice filly could turn so cruel all of a sudden… Maybe her parents were right and Trixie was a bad influence. I want the two of them to be happy again but now… I don’t know…’ Twilight pulled herself up and looked over at the package the nurse had brought in earlier, the one that interrupted her talk with Starshine. She pulled it over with her magic and opened it up. Inside was what looked like several stacks of Duel Monster’s cards. As she pulled the first one out, she instantly noticed something was wrong. “All the cards are blank…?” Also, inside were two scrolls, one had Celestia’s royal insignia imprinted on it. She opened it up and examined the letter.

Dear my Faithful Student Twilight,

As you are aware, the situation has gotten substantially grimmer than I had originally anticipated. Several of your friends have already fallen and the Elements of Harmony are getting weaker and weaker. We have managed to retrieve the card that will defeat our opponents but I wonder if even that can’t help us. However, I do have another plan. Inside the box are a bunch of Duel Monsters cards but as you may have noticed already, they are all blank. Inside the contents of the box is an ancient scroll containing the instructions for a forbidden spell I sealed away many years ago. This is a spell only a couple ponies even know exists. Both Luna and I know this spell and it’s likely our primary enemy knows the spell too. Please master this spell; this may be our last chance to end this.

Also, I want you to know that you were always great student but an even greater friend. Your friends are lucky to have someone like you. I hope you still see me as a friend once this whole ordeal is over…

Sincerely, Princess Celestia.

A tear had start streaming down her face when she finally looked up from the letter. “Does she really believe I won’t think of her as a friend after this?” She threw the letter to the side in disgust. ’I’ve always thought of you as a friend. No matter what mistakes I made you were always there for me and I am going to do the same.’ Just then, she heard a bunch of voices coming from outside the door. A nurse opened up her door and looked like she was in a panic. “What is going on? I can hear all the noise from in here.”

“Oh, it’s terrible, Starshine Hope has gone missing!” Twilight gasped. “She was in her room and she snuck out the window. It looks like she used a bunch her bed sheets to make a rope. You were a friend of hers so I thought maybe you would know?”

‘Friend…’ “No, I have no idea where she could have gone.” The nurse just sighed and closed the door.
She must of have run off looking for Trixie. I can’t have her parent’s finding out she ran away to be with her, especially in the state Trixie is in now…’ Twilight stepped over and looked out the window. ‘But… I don’t know where Trixie is… She could be anywhere and Starshine could be lost anywhere in Ponyville.’

‘Oh, I wouldn’t worry about that…,’ Said a voice.

Twilight looked around the room in confusion. “Who is there?”

‘Don’t tell me you don’t recognize my voice Twilight Sparkle.’

“Trixie!? Where are you?”

‘Somewhere you can’t see me… Somewhere far away…’

“Telepathy… No, there is no way your powerful enough for that kind of magic. Only the most powerful unicorns in Equestria can do that. Even Starswirl the Bearded had trouble using that kind of magic.”

‘Hahahah! You underestimate me Twilight Sparkle. I’ve grown stronger since we last met, MUCH stronger. All of our allies have fallen and now we are the only ones left between our two groups. I believe it’s time we finally settle the score and put an end to this once and for all. Meet me at the lake nearby Sweet Apple Acres. Once I am rid of you, Starshine and I will finally be free!’

“Wait! Trixie!” There was no response. ‘Telepathy… There is no way she has grown that powerful.’ Twilight looked at the table next to her bed and saw her Duel Monsters duel disk. ‘Either way, I can’t let her get away with this.’ The mare picked up her duel disk and slid it over her left forehoof. As she was about the leave the room, she saw the box again. ‘Celestia said she included a scroll with a forbidden spell… Maybe she sent it knowing I was going to battle Trixie?’ Twilight pulled the second scroll out and unrolled it. “Forbidden Art: Duel Monsters- WHAT!?” She nearly dropped the scroll when she saw the spell. “This is… So, this is why it’s forbidden…” She quickly picked up the box and closed the scroll within it. As she opened it, she was quickly stopped by a nurse.

“Miss, you really shouldn’t be out of bed.”

“I don’t care; I’m going to look for Starshine.” Twilight ran passed all the nurses that tried to stop her. She had only one thing on her mind at the moment, stop Trixie.


Starshine had escaped the Hospital and was now lost in some forest. She didn’t care though, her mind instead kept coming back to Twilight. “I thought she was my friend… She said she cared for me but no, it’s her fault I’m not allowed to see Trixie anymore…” She wiped away the tears in her eyes. “Trixie is the only pony who ever gave me hope of actually using magic. Those doctors kept saying they would fix me but all they do is tests. I don’t want to be tested on anymore…” She came to a stop near a large tree and curled up against a tree. “Please Celestia. I just want to see Trixie one more time…”


Finally, Twilight reached her destination. She quickly ran up to the lakeside and looked around. “Alright Trixie, I’m here like you asked!”

“Welcome Twilight Sparkle!” The ground beneath her began to shake and the water in the lake started churning. Slightly off-shore, Trixie rose up from the water. She was no longer wearing any kind of costume or disguise, just her plain regular appearance. Beneath her was large circular platform-like rock. The platform rose up high above the water like a giant pedestal. “Took you long enough to get here Twilight Sparkle. I would have expected someone like you to be one time but now that you’re here…” The water started churning again and several other pillars rose up created a large staircase for Trixie to step down. She leaped between the platforms and landed down near Twilight.

“I came here to finish this off just like you asked.”

“But first, I want to ask you something…”

“And what is that?”

“How is Starshine doing?” Twilight gasped at Trixie’s question. “I know you met her and I know she is here in Ponyville. Now tell me, how is Starshine?”

Twilight looked down at the ground. “She went missing earlier…”

“WHAT!?” Trixie exploded. “What do you mean she is missing!?”

“When she learned who I was, she just took off and nobody has seen her since.”

“Hmm, not surprising considering what happened between you two. I heard that you befriended her and even tried to give her some ‘advice’ but then somepony let it slip that you were actually Twilight Sparkle, the pony that crushed her dream.”

“What do you mean I crushed her dream!?”

“She was everything to me and I was everything to her. When we met that first time, she knew she wanted to learn stage magic just like me. All she wanted to do was provide enjoyment for others; she didn’t even care if she wasn’t considered great or powerful. I used to think like that before…”

“Huh?”

Trixie gave a somber look towards the ground. “Truth is I wasn’t always a narcissist. I originally did believe that others were more important than me. However, it only led to misery, being too kind to others will eventually backfire and ponies will start taking advantage of you. The only way to get anywhere in life is to secure your dominance over others. If others bow to your power, you control them like pets.”

“That’s horrible.”

“That’s why I agreed to help Starshine. She reminded me of myself at that age. The truth is that I was happier before I became this way but that way of living is very short lived and only lasts so long. Dominance of power isn’t as fulfilling but holds true for extended time. I had hoped that she would allow me to relive that time just a little longer before she eventually falls into the dark pit I did.”

“She told me she wanted to see you again so you can help her with illness.”

“Ah yes, that problem. Starshine was born without her brain lobes being properly connected to her horn. It’s an extremely rare birth defect, one that my own mother was born with as well. You know why the doctors only ever run tests and never attempt to perform the surgery?”

“I think I know the answer.”

“The surgery itself is extremely dangerous. It doesn’t risk potential death but with the side effects that do occur, one may wish they were dead. A unicorn’s horn is an extremely important part of the body, and is the conductor for our magic. If a lobe was to be improperly connected, the magic connection may end up going to a different part of the body. Do you know what happens then?”

“Side effects including blindness, deafness, uncontrollable hallucinations, limb failure and worst of all, a potential magic overload leading to unbelievable pain and total body failure.”

“Exactly… But you see my mother discovered the secret to this defect. She defeated her birth defect through sheer willpower and determination.”

“Then please, teach me these techniques so I can help Starshine. I’ll get the Princess to help fix your reputation and maybe even teach you real magic. We don’t have to fight; this can all be settled peacefully.”

“Sorry, but it’s too late…” Twilight could swear she saw a tear in Trixie’s eye. “You ruined my trust in you the first time we met. I deserved nothing that happened to me after I originally visited Ponyville. All I did was put on a free show for you Ponyvillians and you spat in my face. Remember when I said being nice only led to misery? It’s because of ponies like you!” Trixie pointed at Twilight; tears were clearly visible on her face now. “You destroyed my home, my possessions, my career and you didn’t even offer to check if I was okay? You can try to talk your way out of this but the fact is that what happened on that day had nothing to do with me.”

“Well… I…” Twilight shuddered.

“Twilight, no matter how evil master and I come off as we are only victims in this situation. Her dark magic is only as strong as the user’s pain and sadness and you can’t fake the pain and suffering, I’ve been through.” Trixie covered her eyes trying to block the tears. “You don’t know what it’s like waking up in the morning knowing not a single pony would care if I was alive or dead. Starshine is the only pony in this world that even cares I exist and without her my entire life is meaningless.”

“And that is why I want to help you Trixie. I don’t want you to spend the rest of your life in the Canterlot dungeons for crimes you didn’t commit but you’re only making it worse and I refuse to let you bring Starshine down with you. Please, I will help you start over again; I’ll even put in a good word for Celestia.”

“Already told you… It’s too late… My heart is filled with nothing but darkness now and it’s telling me that you must be eliminated…”

“But Trixie…”

“Twilight, the fact of the matter is that I don’t need your sympathy, not anymore. Ponies in this world are cruel and evil and I plan to use my new powers to show it to the world…” Trixie held up her left hoof and her duel disk materialized on her arm. “And you will be the first subject to test my new powers.”

Twilight hesitated for several moments. “I’m sorry Trixie…” Twilight held up her duel disk and rotated it into place. “I tried to help but I can see now that you’ve made up your mind… You’ve left me with no other choice…” Twilight slid her deck into her duel and took on her battle stance.

Trixie shuffled her deck with her magic. “This will be our final duel; a fight to the finish.” Finally, Trixie slid her deck in and her disk slid into active model. “Only one of us is leaving this duel and it is going to be me!” Trixie threw her head back and screamed into the air. Slowly, Trixie began to change. The tip of her horn turned black and engulfed her full horn; covering her forehead in black veins and her coat darkened. A new costume started to materialize onto her; a cape similar to her original magician one but it was black and was jagged at the end, a black suit of armor very similar to the kind worn by royal guards with a match pair of four black iron boots and finally, a large black wizard hat with an oversized leather rim and a metal plated spiked top arched forward just like her Dark Magician card. Her mane had also grown substantially larger and spread out from underneath her hat like a paper fan. Upon completing the transformation, Trixie let out a massive pulse of energy that nearly threw Twilight backwards. “This time, you’re not just dueling Trixie; you’re dueling against Trixie, the Ultimate Supreme Unicorn. Now, prepare yourself.”

“LET’S DUEL!!!”

Twilight Sparkle
< LP: 4000 >

Trixie Lulamoon
< LP: 4000 >


A pink colored mare with a slightly greyed red mane was strolling through the Canterlot garden examining the many statues. “No… No… Not him…” One by one she passed by each statue giving each a minor glance until one caught her eye. “Ah, there you are…” She approached her ultimate target, the reason she came to Canterlot. “Discord, the Spirit of Chaos…” She pulled herself up onto the statue’s pedestal and touched Discord’s frozen leg. “Yes, I can feel his power flowing in this statue.”

“Hey what are you doing?” Called a palace guard. The pony turned around to find two guards. “Nopony is allowed to come in contact with Discord’s statue, that after that incident last time.”

“Sorry but I’m afraid I can’t comply.” The two guards slowly approached her but before they got close, she stepped down and approached them herself. “I just have one thing I need to ask you…” The guards looked at her with concern as she closed her eyes. “Would you like a trip to the Shadow Realm?” She shot her eyes open and the veins on her face bulged for a second. One of the guards recoiled and stopped dead in his tracks. The other guard took notice.

“Hey, you alright?” No response. He went in front of him and noticed his eyes were completely blank and soulless. The remaining guard took a step back and the soulless guard continued to just stand blankly. He turned back to the mare. “What did you do to him?”

“Don’t worry; you’ll be seeing him soon.” Once again, she shot her eyes open and the guard’s vision suddenly cracked before going all black. Soon after, both of the now soulless guards fell over and were absorbed into the dark portal. “Now, back to business.”

“Hold it right there…” She groaned at the new disturbance. The mare turned around only to come face to face with a large white Alicorn. Princess Celestia stood completely still giving the pony a death glare.

“Ha- Ha- HAHAHA! Well, isn’t this a pleasant surprise? Long time no see Princess. I can see the last 800 years have been kind to you.” The dark portal formed below the mare and several black particles covered her body. When the darkness dissipated, her coat was significantly darker and she was wearing a jagged robe similar to when Scootaloo summoned Iseris.

“What are you doing here?”

“Is that all you have to say tyrant? You can give me that look all you want but I can tell that you are terrified of me.”

“What are you doing here!?”

“My mission is simple; I plan on absorbing Discord’s power and using it for myself.”

“What are you insane? If you use his powers, you will completely destroy Equestria. No mortal can handle that much raw chaotic magic.”

“I am more than strong enough to handle Discord’s magic. Besides, what are you going to do about it?”

“I…” Celestia hesitated. “I don’t know…”

“Exactly, you don’t know. You’re not as powerful as you believe and you don’t have the power to protect everypony. You have to keep everypony under close watch and keep ponies under lock and key to make sure things go your way.”

“You don’t understand what it means to watch over your subjects. You can’t save everypony so you save as many as you can, even if it means giving your own life.”

“Like you would know, you’re nothing but a heartless tyrant. You don’t care about your subject’s safety. You only care if you make it out. You only care about them to keep your image up.”

“No, I truly care for my subjects and would do anything to protect them.”

“How about all those years ago? What about back then?”

“That incident nearly 800 years ago, as much as I want it to not be true, is entirely my fault…”

“So, you finally get it…”

“But I am better now; I used that incident to turn myself into a better pony. I try every day to make up for the mistakes I made back then but they keep coming back to haunt me… You are my biggest failure. I let what happen to you spiral out of control and I was too blind to see the pain and suffering I was causing. Now all the pain is returning, it’s like my dark side is trying to come back and enslave me again. When I banished my sister, I made a promise to never give in to the evil in my heart like she did and I broke that promise. Now, even if we were to defeat you and bring everyone back, would they forgive me? Would they forgive me for my evil misdeeds that nearly led to the complete destruction of Equestria. I just- don’t know…” Then out of nowhere, a scroll materialized from a wisp of green fire. Celestia opened it up and read its contents. The scroll contained just five letters.

“PCBFF”

Celestia was completely still, all the memories of their past flowing back to her. “Well, what does it say?”

Celestia simply closed her eyes and the scroll vanished in a puff of green fire. “Thanks Twilight…” As Celestia opened her eyes she lifted herself of the ground with her wings and shoved her left forehoof in the air emitting a blinding golden light. A circular orange disk formed on her hoof with 5 bladed edges like the sun. The edges spun around the disk and stop at the front where they straightened out to a serrated blade. Celestia finally landed back on the ground and looked at Midnight with determination.

‘What’s this? The fear in her eyes, it’s gone…’ Midnight thought to herself.

“I would never give up on Twilight and she never gives up on me! I have a duty to protect my subjects and show others the true power of friendship. Now I realize I am not a failure, I’m only a failure if I give in and let you get away with your evil plans. Midnight Rose, defend yourself because this ends tonight.” Celestia’s horn lit up and a finely crafted white and gold box with a diamond-shaped slot materialized before her. She looked up at her crown and pulled the Amethyst from her royal crown and inserted it into the slot. The box opened with a bright light and Celestia levitated a deck from the box and slid it into her duel disk.

“Well now, this is an interesting turn of events…” Midnight did the same and called forth her own duel disk. “I’ve been preparing for this day for a long time. My power has grown substantially since last time and there are nightmares in my deck like you have never seen.”

“I’ll do whatever it takes to finally take you down once and for all.”

“You will try…”

“LET’S DUEL!”

Princess Celestia
< LP: 4000 >

Midnight Rose
< LP: 4000 >

“You make the first move Midnight…” Celestia started.

“Alright then…” Midnight drew her card.

‘By letting her go first, she can’t use her dragon to destroy the field. Then once my turn comes around, I’ll set up the field with my arsenal and take her out in one move.’

“I’ll start by setting a monster face-down in defense mode. Next, I’ll place two cards face-down and end my turn.”

“It’s my turn, I draw! I’ll start by playing my Charge of the Light Brigade spell card. By sending three cards to the graveyard, I can add any Lightsworn monster from my deck to my hand.” Celestia took the top three cards of her deck and threw them out and then added another card to her hand. “Next I summon Lumina, the Lightsworn Summoner!” Celestia’s first monster was a human girl with a white dress with a scarf, blond hair and she had a magical aura around her hands.

Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner
< Level 3 / ATK: 1000 >

“Hold it right there, allow me to show you one of my most terrifying cards!” Midnight clicked her duel disk and one of her face-downs came up. “Curse of the Unforgiven, activate!” Celestia grew nervous as the ground beneath her shook. All around them, four giant walls rose up from the ground encaging them inside a concrete prison.

“What is the meaning of this Midnight?” Once the walls stopped, two dragon heads emerged from the side walls and began releasing a sickly black sludge into the prison.

“This liquid contains the souls of those you have condemned, and they now they want your life force so they can be free.” The black sludge began to wrap around the Princesses legs, almost like a swarm of snakes. One of the tendrils wrapped around her neck, looked her in the eyes and made a ghostly moan. As the spirit moaned, Celestia could feel a small amount of energy being drained from her body.

Princess Celestia
< LP: 4000 → 3500 >

“This card punishes those who allow others to take the fall for them. As long as this card remains on the field, you will take 500 damage each and every time you summon a monster to your field and if you attempt to attack, you will also lose an additional 100 life points equal to the level of the monster that attacked. Summon all the monsters you want but in the end they will all come back to haunt you and will lead to your downfall.”

“It felt like it was draining my magic… If I can’t summon, this is going to be more difficult than I expected.” Celestia looked down at her hand. ‘This is going to cut it close but I think I have just enough life points to make this work…’ “Alright, let’s continue…”


“I’ll make the first move this time Trixie, my draw!” Twilight eyed the card she drew. “My first move will be to summon this monster, Summoner Monk.” Twilight’s monster formed in the shape of an old man with blue skin, long white hair and a blue robe with white stripes.

Summoner Monk
< Level 4 / DEF: 1600 >

“Now as his name implies, this monster has the ability to summon a Level 4 monster straight from my deck. All I have to do is send a Spell card from my hand to the graveyard.” Twilight plucked a card form her hand and slid it into the graveyard. “I summon another Summoner Monk in defense mode!” A second monster with the exact same appearance as the first appeared right next to the first.

Summoner Monk
< Level 4 / DEF: 1600 >

“And with that I end my turn. Make your move Trixie.”

“Very well, I will make my move!” Trixie drew her card and revealed it to Twilight. “I will start with this monster.” Trixie’s monster appeared. It was a young human girl with long orange hair, blue armor and a pink skirt. She had a large pointed hat and a staff similar to the Dark Magician. “Take the stage, “Magician’s Valkyria!”

Magician’s Valkyria
< Level 4 / ATK: 1600 >

“What do you think of Trixie’s monster Sparkle?”

“Your Valkyria only has 1600 attack points making it equal to my Monks. You can’t destroy a monster in defense with a monster with the same amount of attack.”

“You think I am really that stupid?” Trixie revealed another card in her hand. “I equip Magician’s Valkyria with the Memorial Scepter equip card.” Trixie took a card from her hand and slid it into her graveyard. “Like a teacher passing the mantle to her student, this card allows me to pass on the power of one Spellcaster to another. All I have to do it send a Spellcaster from my hand to the graveyard, then the equipped monster’s attack becomes equal to the sent monster’s attacks.” A second staff appeared in Valkyria’s left hand, this one was a short silver staff with a sphere at the end. “The monster I sent was Skilled Dark Magician. This means my Valkyria’s attack becomes 1900!”

Magician’s Valkyria
< ATK: 1600 → 1900 >

“It may not be a big boost but it’s enough to take out your Summoner Monk. Now Magician’s Valkyria, attack Twilight’s Summoner Monk with Double Magic Spiral!” Valkyria twirled her staff and fired a purple electrical beam at one of Twilight’s Summoner Monks. The blast blew away Twilight’s monster.

“I still have another monster to protect me so I’m safe!”

“Not for long, my Memorial Scepter card has another effect! It allows my monster to attack twice during the battle phase as long as I send the card to the graveyard during the end of my turn.” Valkyria twirled her other staff this time and fired a black electrical sphere, vaporizing Twilight’s second monster.

Twilight held out her hoof to block out the dust from the blast. “No, you destroyed both my Monks!”

“And there is more where that came from…” Trixie placed a card face-down in her spell and trap zone. “Now that it’s the end of my turn, Memorial Scepter must go to the graveyard since I used its second effect.” The scepter Valkyria was holding in her left turned white and vanished, leaving her with her own scepter.

Magician’s Valkyria
< ATK: 1900 → 1600 >

“Your down two monsters and wasted a perfectly good spell card Twilight, what do you plan of doing now?”

“I’ll show you!” As Twilight drew her card, she held her duel disk up and a light began to shine from her graveyard. “I activate the Light of the Citadel card from my graveyard!”

“What!? You can’t activate spells in your graveyard!”

“This one is a bit different. When Light of the Citadel is discarded from my hand to the graveyard, I can activate it during my next turn. It allows me to play a field spell directly my deck!” There was a bright light behind Twilight and a tower began to rise up from the ground. “Here is a card I am sure you remember, the Magical Citadel of Endymion!” The card was just as Trixie remembered it; a large tower surrounded by several other towers. The single tower had a magic ring circling around it. “Now due to the effect of Light of the Citadel, my tower gains a spell counter plus an additional counter for every Spellcaster summoned since it was sent to the graveyard. Since I summoned one of Monks and you summoned your Valkyria; that equals to a grand total of three counters!” Three spheres with a golden triangle imbedded themselves into the tower’s ring and started orbiting the tower.

Trixie looked up at the tower in fear. “Three counters just like that?”

“Now for another familiar card, come out Magical Exemplar!”

Magical Exemplar
< Level 4 / ATK: 1700 >

“In case you forgot, Exemplar has the ability to summon a spellcaster from my hand or my grave as long as I give up spell counters equal to that monster’s level.”

“Trixie remembers…”

“Then in that case, I activate my Spell Power Grasp spell card! This card gives my Citadel a spell counter and then I can add another Spell Power Grasp to my hand, though I can only use one per turn.” A forth sphere materialized on the tower’s ring. “And since a spell card was activated, my cards all gain additional spell counters.” One more counter appeared on the tower’s ring and another two on Exemplar’s necklace. “Now I can remove two counters from Exemplar in order to summon a Level 2 monster from my hand.” Twilight threw down a new monster. It was a short human boy where a brown tunic with a black cape. He was holding an oversized golden scythe. “Meet the Night’s End Sorcerer tuner monster!”

Night’s End Sorcerer
< Level 2 / ATK: 1300 >

“What, you have a tuner monster?”

“Indeed, I do but my Sorcerer’s power doesn’t just stop there.” Twilight’s tuner monster suddenly lunged forward towards Trixie. She tried to jump back but failed as the creature’s scythe impacted her duel disk causing two cards to fly out of her graveyard. Both her cards were slashed in half as they flew out.

Trixie had a look of surprise. “What did you do to my Skilled Magician and Scepter cards?”

“When Night’s End Sorcerer is special summoned, I can remove two cards in your graveyard from play.” Trixie growled in frustration. “Don’t get too worked up, I’m only just getting started. I am tuning my Level 2 Night’s End Sorcerer with my Level 4 Magical Exemplar!” Night’s End Sorcerer flew into the air before splitting into two green light rings. The rings surrounded around her Exemplar who changed into four spheres before exploding into a beam of light.

< 2 + 4 = 6 >

Within the light, Exemplar began to transform. Her clothes changed from green to a dark blue and her hair grew slightly. A large swarm of bats flew out from behind her and all came together in a straight line in front of her. As she held out her hand, the swarm of bats merged together into a massive pole. She twirled the staff around and the light was blown away revealing her staff was actually a large bladed scythe with a dragon-like head at the end and lantern hanging on the end. “I tried to save you Trixie but you denied the hoof I held out for you. Now you will feel the wrath of TEMPEST MAGICIAN!”

Tempest Magician
< Level 6 / ATK: 2200 >

“Huh… I am not scared…”

“You should be because when Tempest Magician is successfully summoned, my Citadel gains a spell counter.” Citadel now had six spheres in its ring. “But that’s not all, Tempest Magician’s special ability allows me to throw out all the cards in my hand and then distribute a spell counter onto the field for every card that I lost.” As Twilight held up her right hoof, the cards in her hand were slashed in half. The pieces of the cards turned white and flew into Twilight’s Citadel. “Since I had two cards in my hand, my Citadel now has eight spell counters in total and that is bad news for you.”

“What are you talking about? You gave up all your cards just to gain a few measly counters and a monster with barely over two thousand attack points… Unless… That monster uses those spell counters!”

“You’re absolutely correct Trixie! Tempest Magician has an extremely lethal special ability. Its powerful magic allows me to fire all the spell counters on the entire field at you in a single blast! This effect will deal you 500 points of damage for every single spell counter on the field, regardless of whose side it’s on.

“F-Five hundred damage for each? With eight spell counters that would mean-”

Twilight nodded. “That you would lose the duel… Sorry Trixie, but you brought this upon yourself…” Twilight pointed towards Trixie. “Tempest Magician, unleash your magic and attack Trixie using all the spell counters on the field!” Tempest Magician floated into the air and held her scythe into the air. All the spell counters in the Citadel flew into her scythe and it started to glow a bright red. “Reaper’s Judgment!!!” Tempest twirled the scythe a couple times and then slammed the blade into the ground releasing a gigantic crescent moon energy wave cutting through the ground. The bladed energy wave slid along the surface of the ground cutting through the very earth like it was butter throwing dirt and rocks to the side. Trixie could only look in terror as the blast hit her, exploding into five smaller waves that continued to slice the ground behind her for several meters before finally coming to a halt, leaving a giant dragon claw shaped scar on the planet.

After nearly a minute, the smoke was still lingering and Twilight was breathing heavily. “Its… It’s over… I’m sorry Starshine, but it had to be done…”

“Hahahaha…” Twilight’s heart skipped a beat.


Celestia struggled to get loose of Midnight’s trap. “Even with your trap in play, it won’t stop me. I plan to defeat you in a single turn.”

“Is that so? Well then let’s see it…”

“I activate Lumina’s special ability. By sending a card from my hand to the graveyard, I can summon a Lightsworn monster from my graveyard and thanks to my Light Brigade card; I have two in my graveyard to choose from. I send Wulf, the Lightsworn Beast from my hand in order to summon the Lightsworn tuner monster; Raiden, Hand of the Lightsworn!” As Celestia threw her card out, a beam of light shot from her graveyard and arced back towards the ground. From the light emerged a human male with a blue scarf and no shirt holding a large golden dagger.

Raiden, Hand of the Lightsworn
< Level 4 / ATK: 1700 >

Just as the monster emerged, another tendril from the sludge wrapped around her and sucked out her energy.

Princess Celestia
< LP: 3500 → 3000 >

“Keep this up and you will destroy yourself. Such an end would be fitting for one such as you…”

“Say whatever you want but it won’t make a difference. Now I’m going to tune Lightsworn Raiden with Lightsworn Lumina!” Raiden jumped into the air pulling his scarf over his mouth. He swung his blade 4 times in front of him before splitting into four green rings. The rings circled Lumina, changing her transparent before becoming 3 spheres of light.

< 4 + 3 = 7 >

“Synchro Summon!” A large golden armored knight appeared from the light. “Arise Lord of the Lightsworns; Michael, the Ark-Lightsworn!” He extended a pair of large metal wings and unsheathed a glowing golden sword.

Michael, the Ark-Lightsworn
< Level 7 / ATK: 2600 >

“That’s another 500 points of damage coming your way.” A third tendril arose and sucked more of her energy.

Princess Celestia
< LP: 3000 → 2500 >

“I’m not going to quit Midnight… Since I now have four Lightsworns in my graveyard, I can now summon this monster! Appear; Judgment Dragon!” The cloud above parted and a massive white feathered dragon descended. When it landed, it shook the earth beneath them.

Judgment Dragon
< Level 8 / ATK: 3000 >

“Bringing out your best monster already? I can see you’re in quite a rush Princess since you’re going to take another hit from my trap!” Celestia’s energy was drain yet again.

Princess Celestia
< LP: 2500 → 2000 >

“Now my monsters merge your powers!” Celestia’s dragon slowly kneeled down as Michael jumped up on top of the dragon, riding on its back. “Now Michael, activate your special ability! By giving up a thousand life points, Michael has the power to remove any monster on the field from the game so I’m getting rid of your face-down monster! Go, Banishing Light!”

Princess Celestia
< LP: 2000 → 1000 >

Michael thrusted his sword into the air and parted the clouds above him. A second hole then appeared above Midnight and a ray of light descended down at Midnight’s card.

“Hold it!” Midnight flipped up her trap card. “I play Ultimate Sacrifice! If I have no monsters in my graveyard or removed from play, this card allows me to give up 4000 life points to negate your effect!”

“4000, but what’s the point!?”

“Because thanks to the effect of Curse of the Unforgiven, if there are no monsters in my graveyard or removed from play, I don’t have to pay life points to activate effects. Not only that but I can’t take any battle damage. So, your whole combo was pointless…”

“So as long as that card remains in play, it’s impossible to touch your life points.” Celestia smirked. “However, your cards have one fatal flaw. They only work if you have no monsters in your graveyard and have no monsters removed from play. That is a pretty big weakness if you ask me…”

“Well as long as Ultimate Sacrifice is in play, you cannot target or destroy any cards on my side of the field with card effects.”

“That may be so but they are still vulnerable to being attacked and you have no more face-down cards.” Celestia held up two cards from hand. “I equip Michael, the Arch-Lightsworn with the Lightsworn Sabre equip spell; but I’m not just equipping one, I’m equipping him with two! Each Sabre gives him an additional 700 attack points making his attack points a grand total of 4000!” A set of white and gold scabbards appeared on Michael’s belt. He reached down pulling them out simultaneously and crossing the two energy swords in front of him in the shape of an X.

Michael, the Ark-Lightsworn
< ATK: 2600 → 4000 >

“Now once my dragon attacks and destroys your monster, you will be open for direct attack that will deplete your life points in a single strike.” Celestia’s dragon slowly tilted its head back and charge up light within its mouth. A ring of light started to form vertically around the dragon’s mouth. “Judgment Dragon attack and destroy Midnight’s monster!” The dragon let out a ray of blinding light towards the target. Before the attack made contact, Midnight’s face-down monster flipped face-up for all to see. “JUDGMENT DRAGON, STOP YOUR ATTACK NOW!!!” The beam quickly spread apart and dissipated before hitting its target. Celestia’s heart raced as she tried to grasp what was happening. “No… You didn’t…”


Twilight looked up just as the smoke was clearing. There was Trixie, standing perfectly alive and well. Her lips slowly moved giving Twilight a malicious smile.

Trixie Lulamoon
< LP: 2000 >

“No… Your life points should have been all gone!”

“Yes… They should be, shouldn’t they?” The smoke continued to clear to reveal that Trixie had activated a trap card. “You like it? Just before your attack landed, I activate my Blood Contract card. It saved me from your effect but there is so much more to this card then just that. First, I must give up half of my life points, and then any damage taken for the remainder of the turn becomes zero.”

“You’re still giving up a lot of life points.”

Trixie chuckled. “Oh, Trixie is not the only one…”

“Huh?” Then Twilight looked down and noticed something horrifying. There was a glowing red energy tether coming out of her chest. She followed the tether to see it leading right into Trixie’s chest. “What… What is going on? What is this thing?”

“That tether connected to you is linked directly to your life force and now any damage we take for the rest of the duel is real. Should your life points hit zero… Well… Use your imagination…”

“What? You can’t be serious…”

“Your Princess warned you the dangers of Duel Monsters; you blew it off saying it was nothing but a simple card game. Now your entire life rides on this one duel…”

“But… What about you? You’re risking your own life too.”

“As long as it means destroying you, I don’t care what happens to me!”

“No… Trixie!”

“That brings me to my next subject; Blood Contract has another effect. You may have noticed our tethers are linked to each other. This is because due to Blood Contract’s effect, whenever either of us loses life points, we can half the damage we take and inflict the other half to the opponent!”

“So, whenever you take damage, you can deal half of it to me?”

“But there is a catch. I am not the only one who can use this effect. Should you take damage, you can also half the damage and deal the other half to Trixie!”

“But that means neither one of us is getting out of here alive!”

“That is exactly the point! YOU CAN’T WIN!”

“This is insane Trixie! Don’t you realize what you’re doing?”

“Of course, I do but I don’t think you do…”

Twilight stepped back. “What do you mean?”

“Blood Contract’s effect is entirely optional. Should you choose not to use it and take the full force of the damage, you can. After all, activating the effect does allow your opponent to draw one card for every one thousand you reflect back at them. All I want is for you to be gone forever, even if I have to go down with you so I will be using the effect of Blood Contract for the remainder of the duel… However, what about you…?”

“Me?”

“Would you do the same? Are you willing to take me down with you…? Or are you too scared to cause harm to another pony such as myself? After that whole display you put on with your Tempest Magician, I’m starting to wonder if maybe you do have a little bit of hate buried deep within you.”

“No… You’re wrong! I don’t have any darkness in my heart! I… I don’t…”

“Hmm… Sure… Maybe I am wrong but what does it matter now? Even if you choose to not use Blood Contract’s effect, sacrificing yourself to take me out would end the same result. Taking another’s life…” Reality of the situation was finally hitting Twilight; Trixie had her completely trapped. “Now, since I did technically lose 2000 life points for activating Blood Contract, you also lose 2000. Of course, you also get to draw two cards.

Twilight’s end of the tether started to glow brightly and a faint red wave flowed across Twilight’s body leading into the tether causing her to clench her chest in pain.

Twilight Sparkle
< LP: 4000 → 2000 >

She nearly collapsed completely from the feeling of her very life force being drained from her body. However, she still managed to pull enough strength to draw her cards. “I… I set one card… face-down…” Twilight looked at her other card a bit worried. “Next… I activate a spell… Endymion’s Life Charge… It allows me to restore all the spell counters I used this turn… However, I must give up 100 life points… For every one…”

Trixie chuckled. “So, now it’s time for you to choose. Are you going to pay 1000 or have both of us pay 500 life points each...?”

Twilight looked at the ground. Despite the situation, Trixie was right about her. “I’ll pay the whole thing…”

Twilight Sparkle
< LP: 2000 → 1000 >

“Just as I expected. You don’t have the guts to take the life of another pony meaning there is no way to win!”

Twilight tried pulling herself up but found she could barely stand. ‘This is not good, unless I figure out a way around Trixie’s Blood Contract card, all hope is lost…’

“You might as well give up now because there is no chance of getting out of this situation!” ‘And the best part is Twilight has no idea what else is lurking in my deck. She hasn’t even realized that I removed both Obelisk the Tormentor as well as Iseris from my deck. No, I plan to take her out with my TRUE TRUMP CARD!’ Trixie subtly looked down at the Dark Magician in her hand. The card was emitting a very faint black aura and the image on the card was faintly flickering with another image.


Celestia couldn’t believe her eyes. The monster that Midnight had played face-down had left her completely her completely speechless.

“Aw, what’s wrong Princess; at a loss for words?”

“I can’t believe that you would stoop this low… Using… Them…” The creature between Celestia’s monster and Midnight was none other than an equine. A pink haired, butter yellow colored Pegasus.