• Published 1st Oct 2011
  • 8,947 Views, 147 Comments

My Little Duel Monsters - supersaiyanmikito



An ancient evil from Princess Celestia's dark past has resurfaced, sending Equestria into a downward spiral. Now it's up to her student with the help of a prince from another world to banish the shadows she helped create.

  • ...
11
 147
 8,947

Chapter 5 - Connections

It was a bit past noon. Rarity had gone over to meet Fluttershy for their usual spa day. They were a little behind today however, with Twilight being hospitalized, Fluttershy had grown too frightened to leave the sanctity of her cottage.

“Fluttershy dear, we are running quite behind. I promised Aloe and Lotus we would be there an hour ago.” Rarity was getting frustrated. It was a tradition of hers to go to the spa with Fluttershy but she just wouldn’t budge.

“Sorry Rarity but... I just don’t feel safe... With that scary looking shadow hurting my friends I just... Eep...” Fluttershy jumped as Angel Bunny had tapped her leg and crossed his arms. “I’m sorry Angel but I can’t leave you here alone...” Angel simply shook his head in disappointment.

“Fluttershy, that creature can’t hurt you unless you fight.” Rarity tried to reason with her but it was quite difficult. “Please Fluttershy, you can’t stay cooped up in here forever.” Fluttershy cowered down under her coffee table still whimpering. “Come on girl! Pony up!” Rarity’s tone changed to bit more confident Rarity. “Remember that dragon? You were afraid of it at first but after seeing it attack us, you stood up and stared it down to crying. Where is that courage?”

“I... I just can’t...”

Rarity fell down disappointed. “Looks like I’m going alone today-”

*BANG!*

“WHAT WAS THAT!?” Rarity ran outside to look for the source of the explosion. What she saw frightened her. There was a huge red dragon flying through the sky. It was similar to the giant blue creature summoned by Trixie. Fear started flowing into her as Fluttershy slowly creeped outside her cottage.

“R-r-r-rarity? What is that thing.” Fluttershy asked. Angel was hiding behind her leg. Even he was frightened by this creature.

“I’m not sure darling... My guess it’s one of those ‘Egyptian God Cards’ Yugi was taking about.” Suddenly, the dragon evaporated into a cloud of black mist slowly rising into a sky. The mist spiraled upward creating an elegant but creep upside-down tornado. She knew what was about to happen. “No, not now!”

*BANG!*

A large bolt of black lightning fell from the sky striking the middle of Ponyville. Their fears were confirmed. It was ‘just’ like Trixie.

“Slifer the Sky Dragon... Such a majestic creature is it not?” Rarity and Fluttershy turned to find the source of the male voice. There was a pony standing in Fluttershy doorway. He wore a black cloak with a hood covering his face.

Rarity was the first to speak up. “Hey you, just what are you doing here, and what’s happening over in Ponyville?”

The figure snickered a bit then trotted out of the doorway. “My partner is currently taking care of your party crazy friend...” This sent a chill down Rarity’s spine.

“You... You ruffian! Don’t you DARE hurt Pinkie Pie!” Rarity was now panting like she had just ran a mile nonstop she looked like she was about to hyperventilate.

“My word... Such rude remarks!” The figure flicked his hood a little revealing his silver unicorn horn. “You’ll learn to not say such things to royalty! Until I’m done with Fluttershy, I need you quiet!” His horn glowed and a weird blue mist formed around Rarity hogtying and gagging her. “Ah, much better...” He turned to look at Fluttershy cowering behind a tree. He charged his horn for a second before shooting a fireball burning the tree to the ground.

Fluttershy simply squeaked trying to hide behind the charred stump. “Please... Go away... Leave us alone...”

The figure took a couple steps forward before raising his from left hoof revealing a duel disk. He held it out and disk activated springing out a single slot. The slot spread out 2 more times on each side forming the full 5 slots. “You’ll have to beat me in a duel first...”

Fluttershy continued to hide behind the stump. “No... I won’t...”

“Yes, you will...” Using his horn, he created a black shockwave that stopped just short of Fluttershy. “Now, shall we begin?” Like with Twilight, Fluttershy’s hoof glowed with a rainbow light and a butterfly shaped Duel Disk materialized onto her leg. It was similar in shape to a Battle City Duel Disk as it had to flaps that rotate into place. The flaps were shaped like angel wings. The figure grinned from within with hood he knew she had no chance at victory. She was far too shy to fight with the big boys. “Let’s Duel!”

Dark Summoner
< LP: 4000 >

“Please... I don’t want to fight...”

Fluttershy
< LP: 4000 >

The duel was starting. The still hooded figure went first. “Hmm... You have no chance, not with this good of a starting hand!” He slid his first card into the spell/trap zone. “I activate the spell card Cost Down. By discarding a card from my hand, I can summon a high-level monster with 1 less sacrifice.” He slowly took a card from his hand and slid in into his graveyard which looked like a creepy red smile. “Next, I summon my first monster! Go, Ally of Justice Omni-Weapon!” The monster materialized as a crazy looking blue cannon with several arms and an oversized drill.

Ally of Justice Omni-Weapon
< Level 5 / ATK: 2200 >

“Let’s see you handle him... End my turn with 2 face-downs...”

Fluttershy had yet to draw her hand. She was absolutely frightened. “I... I don’t want to do this...”

“You don’t want me to hurt your friend, do you?” He said turning he head to Rarity.

“You wouldn’t!”

“Yes, I would. I’ll tighten her restraints and crush every bone in her pretty little body. How about a little example...” His horn started to glow and more magical straps started forming around Rarity’s body, causing her to panic and scream through the gag.

“Please stop...”

He didn’t stop, he kept tightening and Rarity kept screaming

“Stop... Please stop...”

“Oh...” Fluttershy finally got his attention. “I didn’t hear you. I was listening to the pained screams of Miss Rarity. Its such pleasure to my ears!” Rarity heard that. All she could think of was how crazy he sounded. Pleasure from torturing her? That’s just sick... “So, your finally going to go?” Fluttershy nodded. “Good...” He finally released his grip on Rarity, once again focusing on Fluttershy.

*Gulp* “My draw...” Fluttershy slowly drew her card trying to drag it out. *Squeak* “I... I summon Naturia Cherries... In defense mode...” She continued to move slowly. Taking about 10 seconds just to put her card down. Her opponent was tapping his hoof in frustration. Her monster was just as the card said, a cherry...

Naturia Cherries
< Level 1 / DEF: 200 >

“I... I... End my turn...”

The figure burst out in laughter. “That’s it!? You really do suck, don’t you?” He drew his card. “I summon Ally of Justice Cycle Reader.” The monster appeared as small mechanical grey and yellow spider.

Ally of Justice Cycle Reader
< Level 3 / ATK: 1000 >

“Now Omni-Weapon will attack your Cherry!” Using its oversized drill, the monster blew a hole straight through Fluttershy’s monsters.

“At least my life points are safe...” Sighed Fluttershy.
“Don’t be so sure... When my Omni-Weapon destroys a light monster, I can draw a card and if it’s a low-level dark-attribute machine, I can summon it instantly.”

Fluttershy looked at him with a puzzled face. “But... My monster was an earth-attribute...”

The pony pointed at his trap card. “When I destroyed your monster, I activated my DNA Transplant trap card. This card changes all monsters into an attribute of my choosing, and I choose light!” Fluttershy gasped in horror. “Now let’s see what I get...” The pony drew his card, chuckled then revealed his card. “Well, well, well, Ally Salvo, a dark machine...” His monster appeared as black ball coated in purple lightning.

Ally Salvo
< Level 2 / ATK: 400 >

“Now your wide open for an attack!”

“I… I activate my monster’s effect...”

“Huh?”

“When Naturia Cherries is destroyed and sent to the grave, I can summon 2 more...” Fluttershy ejected her deck and spread it out in front of her. Her eyes darted left and right searching her deck.

“Any day now...”

“Oh! There they are!” Fluttershy finally found the cards she was looking for. She took then out and place them face-down. When she put her deck back into her duel disk, it started to shuffle itself. “Eep!” Fluttershy jumped and covered her head.

The opposing pony face hoofed. “Your duel disk is programed with an auto-shuffler, stop being so pathetic...”

“Oh, uh... Ok...”

“Can I go now?” Fluttershy nodded. “Good, because now my 2 remaining monsters will destroy the 2 Cherries you just summoned!” His monster vaporized her face-downs like nothing. “Don’t think your safe yet, I activate my second face-down, a card known as Urgent Tuning.”

*Squeak* “What does that do?”

“This card allows me to Synchro Summon during my battle phase, as long as I have the appropriate monsters!”

“Synchro? Yugi never taught us about those...”

“Well, I’m about to! I’m tuning my Ally of Justice Cycle Reader and Ally Salvo!” Cycle Reader formed into 3 neon green ring that overlapped the black sphere turning it into 2 while glowing orbs.

< 3 + 2 = 5 >

“When the stars descend, it will call upon the start of catastrophe. Synchro Summon! Ally of Justice Catastor!” The rings exploded into a bright light. Gold and silver spider legs started to slowly reveal themselves from the light. Fluttershy was frightened. She could hear the monster. Its sound was unlike anything she was ever heard of. It sounded like razor blade scraping against metal with a faint humming. As the light cleared, the monster finally revealed itself. It was large gold and silver creature with 4 legs. Its body arched downward and it had a golden mask-like cover on its head with a glowing blue eye. The figure broke into a maniacal laughter after seeing the rise of his ace monster, Ally of Justice Catastor.

Ally of Justice Catastor
< Level 5 / ATK: 2200 >

“Hahahaha!!! You can’t beat me now! Catastor is unstoppable. I’m holding your life in the center of my hoof.” He continued to laugh almost non-stop.

*Squeak* “Please stop... I don’t want to fight... I don’t...”

“Too bad, Ally of Justice Catastor, ATTACK!!! Catastrophe Beam!” Catastor started charging energy into its glowing eye into the glow had become incredibly bright. “FIRE!!!” It released it beam directly at Fluttershy, exploding on contact and knocking her back.

Fluttershy was shrugging to get up. Her wings were all cut up and she had scratches all over her body. “I... I thought only Iseris could do real damage...”

Fluttershy
< LP: 4000 → 1800 >

“Is that what Trixie told you? If that’s the case, then you should look at your back leg...” Fluttershy turned around to see the magic shackle on her leg used to keep her in place. “I’ve always liked to play my games with some... Shall we say... Conditions... Every time you take damage, that shackle with shock you with a powerful electricity.”

“Why... Why do something like that? Why do you want to hurt me and my friends? We didn’t do anything to you...”

“Didn’t do anything... DIDN’T DO ANYTHING!?” The figure was now screaming at the top of his lungs. “Ok... Ok... Got to stay calm... Can’t blow my cover just yet...”

Rarity noticed this pony was starting to act kind of... Weird... She couldn’t place her hoof on but she felt as though she knew this stallion. She knew him from somewhere...

“Its... my turn...” Squeaked Fluttershy. ‘I need some to protect me from his creatures.’ She drew her card. ‘This will help...’ “I summon Naturia Dragonfly in defense mode... Fluttershy’s monster appeared as simple red dragonfly. “That’s... All...”

Naturia Dragonfly
< Level 4 / DEF: 400 >

“Are you going to do anything? You might as well place your hoof on your deck and surrender so you don’t have to go through the pain, I’m about to inflict you with. Omni-Weapon destroy her Dragonfly!” Omni-Weapon once again charge forward with its drill arm, slamming it into her Dragonfly, but something was wrong. “Why isn’t my attack working!” His monster attack was doing nothing. The dragonfly was completely unaffected.

“My Naturia Dragonfly can’t be beaten by monsters with over 2000 attack... and both of your monsters have 2200...”

The figure was shocked, she actually put up a decent defense, however... “Don’t think for a second that you’ll beat me. You may have ‘overlooked’ my Catastor’s ability. It instantly destroys any non-dark monster it goes into battle with.”

Fluttershy gasped. “No, my dragonfly!”

“Catastor, obliterate her dragonfly!” Catastor fired its laser, destroyer her dragonfly and creating another large explosion. “Since your monster was in defense, your safe this turn...” Fluttershy didn’t move. “Did I stutter? It’s your move...”

“I... Can’t... I won’t...”

“Suit yourself then...” The pony turned back to Rarity and began using his magic again.

“I’m sorry Rarity... I can’t do it...” She could hear Rarity trying to scream again. It hurt her to do but she couldn’t go on. She was too scared.

Rarity continued to scream underneath her gag. The binds were crushing her. “How about we turn things up a notch?” Said the figure. Pointing his horn at Rarity, he fired a constant stream of electricity direct at her. Rarity began to squirm on the ground, convulsing her chest forward. “Yes! Suffer Rarity! Suffer!” Occasionally her skeleton would flash for a second.

Fluttershy just continued to lay there watching her friend suffer. She could stop him but she was far too scared. She looked at Rarity, seeing the pain in her eyes. Why couldn’t she be more assertive? Why was she always so scared? Her friend was in trouble. She had to help. If she continued to nothing, Rarity will die. No! She wasn’t going to stand for it! Finally, Fluttershy stood. “ENOUGH!”

The figure stopped instantly. Looking back at her. “What the?”

Fluttershy stood up. Confidence flowing through her. It was time for her to take over this duel. “Right! My draw!” She skimmed the cards in her hand, formulating a strategy. “First off, I summon Naturia Pumpkin.”

Naturia Pumpkin
< Level 4 / ATK: 1400 >

When Pumpkin if summoned, I can summon another monster from my hand. I summon Naturia Beetle.”

Naturia Beetle
< Level 4 / ATK: 400 >

“Now I play the spell card Monster Reborn in order to revive my Naturia Cherries!”

Naturia Cherries
< Level 1 / ATK: 200 >

The hooded stallion looked at her. “Just what are trying to accomplish here?” Then it hit him. “No, you not going to-”

“Now, I’m tuning my Cherries with my Pumpkin and my Beetle!” Just like with her opponent, her Cherries turned into a single green ring that overlapped her 2 other monsters. “The power of Mother Nature will bring life to a fierce beast to protect her precious land. Synchro Summon!”

< 1 + 4 + 4 = 9 >

The light beamed down and hit the ground. Thick green vines started to grow out from the hole. “I summon you, Naturia Leodrake!”

Naturia Leodrake
< Level 9 / ATK: 3000 >

The hooded stallion snickered. “You got lucky. There is nothing you can do to win this fight.”

“Don’t you think it’s over. I won’t let anypony hurt my friends! Especially not some torture-crazy lunatic!”

The stallion broke out into laughter. “You won’t let you hurt you friends huh? Oh God that is rich!” Eventually he fell onto the ground laughing and kicking his silver legs in the air.

“What so funny?”

“It’s funny because I’m not the one you should worry about!”

“Huh? What do you mean by that?” Fluttershy looked up and noticed a large figure in the air. It came down quickly making a loud thud upon landing. Fluttershy instantly recognized the creature. “G-G-Gilda?”

The figure turned to look at his partner. “So, how did it go, Gilda?”

She snickered. “Even better than planned. Pinkie Pie has been disposed of and Rainbow Dash is done. You should have seen the look in her eyes.” Gilda licked her lips. “Delicious! She was so frightened; I wouldn’t put it past her if she was traumatized for the rest of her life.”

Fluttershy looked down at the ground. She couldn’t believe it. Applejack... Pinkie... Even Rainbow? She couldn’t let this continue. “How dare you... HOW DARE YOU! I don’t care who are, who you work for or what you plan on doing to us, but you do not, I repeat, YOU DO NOT HURT MY FRIENDS!!!”

Gilda and hooded figure jumped at the unexpected anger. “What the heck happened to the shy personality I saw last time I was here?” Asked Gilda.

“She was like this at the Gala too.” Said the figure.

“I AM GOING TO DESTROY YOU!!! Naturia Leodrake, destroy his Ally of Justice Omni-Weapon!” Her Lion reared up before making a giant leap and pouncing on top of her monster. Using its claws, it tore the monster to shreds.

Dark Summoner
< LP: 4000 → 3200 >

“Bravo Fluttershy, bravo... I will admit, you definitely made a change for the better. You destroyed my Omni-Weapon and you put a dent in my life points.”

“I set one card face-down and end my turn...” ‘He may think he has me backed into a corner with his Catastor’s special ability, but I am prepared. The second his monster attacks, he will trigger my Mirror Force trap card, leaving him wide open.’

Her opponent drew her card. “First I activate Pot of Green allowing me to draw 2 cards.” His duel disk flashed with the words ‘Draw 2.’ “Hahaha... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Oh, how convenient is that! First, I will summon my Ally of justice Unlimiter. But this is only the beginning, I activate a spell card called Generous Monarch.”

“What does that do?”

“Generous Monarch lets me choose a card in my hand and give it to you.”

This only confused Fluttershy. “Why would you give me your cards?”

“You’ll see...” The figure took hold of a single card in his hand and threw it over to Fluttershy. She caught it with her open hoof.

Fluttershy looked at card with fear. Why did he give her this card? She stared at the gold bordered card he had tossed to her. “Is... is this...”

“That’s right Fluttershy, I’ve handed you my Egyptian God Card. The Winged Dragon of Ra!” Gilda started chuckling in the background. She clearly knew what was happening. “You know what, I’m actually feeling so generous today, I’m not only going to give you Ra, I’m even going to help you summon it.”

“What?”

“I activate the spell card, Rushing into Battle. This forces you to summon a high-level monster from your hand.”

“You mean now I have to summon it?”

“YES! DO IT! SUMMON THE WINGED DRAGON OF RA!”

“Umm, ok?” Upon placing the card down, Fluttershy’s duel disk erupted with lightning “EEP!” She couldn’t control the electricity flowing the card. She fell onto her flank unable to keep her balance anymore. Out from the sky, a giant sphere floated down from clouds. It was Ra, but it wasn’t. Ra was still trapped in orb. “Where’s the dragon?”

“In order for you to summon it successfully, you must now recite the chant written upon the card.”

“Chant?” Fluttershy looked down at her card. There was in fact a chant written on the card. The weird thing was that it wasn’t there a minute ago. “But... I can’t read that. I’ve never even seen this language before.”

“I thought not. The text can only be read by members of the royal family and I-” The pony finally pulled off his hood, showing off his shining silver coat and glistening gold mane. “Fit that role perfectly...”

Rarity and Fluttershy’s eye shot wide open. The pony that had been terrorizing them this whole time was none other than Prince Blueblood. Princes Celestia’s far removed nephew.

“Great beast of the sky, please hear my cry.
Transform thyself from orb of light and bring me victory in this fight.
Envelop the desert with your glow and cast your rage upon my foe.
Unlock your powers from deep within so that together we may win.
Appear in this Shadow Game as I call out your name, Winged Dragon of Ra!”

At that moment, the sphere above their head began to glow and transform. It grew wings, legs, arms, and a giant ring. The golden dragon glowed brightly in the sky, the sun reflecting light off its gleaming coat. “Feel the wrath of the almighty Winged Dragon of Ra!”

The Winged Dragon of Ra
< Level 10 / ATK: 0 >

Blueblood looked back to see Rarity. Her face was bright red. “Oh, I’m guessing your surprised to see me huh? I guess I’ll let you let out your anger...” Blueblood finally released the stream of magic keeping Rarity’s mouth shut.

“YOU! I should have known a stuck-up jerk like you would join Trixie!”

“Such harsh words for a lady.”

“Don’t you talk to me like that. Your hardly a gentlecolt yourself!”

“BECAUSE OF YOU! You ruined me. After you humiliated me at the Gala, nopony respected me after what you did. They all just laughed at me for getting told off by a... By a... MULE!”

Rarity was practically fuming. Her entire coat turning a bright red. “You... I’LL KILL YOU! WHEN I GET MY HOOVES ON YOU, YOUR DEAD!”

“Please stop...”

“I’M GOING TO BREAK YOUR HORN AND SHOVE IT DOWN YOUR THROAT!!!”

“Please Rarity... Stop...”

“I’M GOING TO SHAVE YOUR MANE AND STRANGLE YOU WITH IT!”

“ENOUGH!” Rarity stopped, finally snapping back to reality. She recognized that voice. The voice of Fluttershy. “Rarity please. I can’t stand to see you like this. I didn’t become friends with a murderous psychopath. I became friends with the most generous dress maker in Equestria. Don’t let your anger make you forget who you are.”

Rarity shook her head, regaining her composure. “Your right Fluttershy. I let my anger get to me.”

“Don’t worry about it. You were just confused, like I was at Gala...” A tear could be seen sliding down her cheek. “Just... Don’t lose sight of who you are. Remember your mark, remember your element...”

“Oh, Fluttershy!” Rarity was full blown crying now. “Thank you, that really helped. You really are a good friend Fluttershy...”

Suddenly, a maniacal laugh coming from the half-hooded stallion standing across from Fluttershy. “HAHAHAHA! Yes, this is just delish! Listen to your friend Miss Rarity. It will be all the more satisfying when I take her away from you!” It was time for him to strike. All he had to do was win. “By tributing Ally Unlimiter, I can double the attack of my Catastor.”

Ally of Justice Catastor
< ATK: 2200 → 4400 >

Blueblood looked down at the last card in his hand. Somehow, he felt that the others knew what we were going to do. There was only one thing he would do. It was time for him to finish this. “Now, I sacrifice Catastor and The Winged Dragon of Ra!” Ra formed in a black mist wrapping around Catastor before spiraling into the air. It was time. The black bolt struck Blueblood creating all too familiar scars upon his forehead. “Oh Lady Rarity!” he said in a singsong tone. “If you thought I wasn’t charming before, then you’re in for a rude awakening my pretty...” Blueblood opened his mouth revealing a not so pretty sight. He had vampire fangs and a tongue like a snake. “Unlike that pathetic excuse for Unicorn, I am quite strong with the darkness. Trixie could only dream of being this powerful. The darkness in my heart rivals that of Nightmare moon herself!” Blueblood stood up as an explosion of energy spiraled around him. The black aura engulfed his entire body.

Both Fluttershy and Rarity watched in horror at the dark creature rose from the ground. “Eep...”

Iseris, Destroyer of Harmony
< Level 10 / ATK: 4900 >

“Where’s all the confidence you had a minute ago?” Blueblood held his hoof in the air. “Let me guess, you were originally planning on springing your trap when I attack?”

“Oh, I... ah...” Fluttershy squeaked.

“Let me guess, Mirror Force?”

“How did you-”

“Hold on a second!” Yelled Rarity. Blueblood looked back at her. “Trixie told us Iseris could only be summoned by sacrificing and Egyptian God and a Dark-Attribute monster, but your DNA Transplant is making all your monsters Light.”

“Simple, the monster must be of Dark origins. Since Catastor was naturally a monster of darkness, he was the perfect sacrifice.”

“That’s not fair!”

“I’m not the one who made the rules.” Blueblood turned back to Fluttershy. “Now... Let’s end this... Iseris, ATTACK!” Iseris’ eyes start to glow red before firing a large laser just like Catastor.

Rarity closed her eyes. “I can’t look!”

The attack punctured a hole straight through Fluttershy’s monster before landing it mark on her. The ground exploded under her as a red beam was shot into air. Though there was no screaming, no sound. Fluttershy just stood there unmoving in the small crater. Her eyes rolled back into her head and there was smoke emitting from her body. “Rarity... Don’t forget your element...”

Fluttershy
< LP: 1800 → 0 >

Rarity gasped. Her friend had just been blasted with most lethal attack she had ever seen, yet somehow, she was still standing. “Thank you Fluttershy, I won’t...” Slowly, Fluttershy began to fall forward. A small void appeared directly under her as impacted the ground. The void completely sucked Fluttershy in. She was gone. Rarity began to cry. Not to a large extent. Just enough for it to be visible. “Fluttershy, I will never forget you...”

Blueblood looked over his accomplishment as the scars on his head disappeared. All that remained was a small black scorch mark where Fluttershy had stood. “Looks like my work is done. So long suckers!” His horn glowed and ‘poof’, he was gone along with the restraints holding Rarity down. Gilda had snuck off sometime during the explosion.

Rarity trotted over to the small crater looking at the scorch mark along the ground. “Oh Fluttershy, you didn’t deserve this... It should have been me...” With tears streaming from her eyes, she turned and galloped back to Ponyville. Gilda had mentioned Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash. She hoped it wouldn’t be true but, in her heart, she knew it was real. “Please my friends, please be ok...” At this time, she was the only remaining Element of Harmony remaining unscathed. It was up to her now.