• Published 1st Oct 2011
  • 8,947 Views, 147 Comments

My Little Duel Monsters - supersaiyanmikito



An ancient evil from Princess Celestia's dark past has resurfaced, sending Equestria into a downward spiral. Now it's up to her student with the help of a prince from another world to banish the shadows she helped create.

  • ...
11
 147
 8,947

Chapter 3 - Forgotten Times

Nearly 24 hours had passed since the two duelists had mysteriously appeared in Equestria. Only yesterday did Yugi and friends witness the birth of a new evil, Trixie and the beast known as Iseris. In an unexpected twist, Yugi’s God cards were stolen right from under his nose and Twilight’s close friend Applejack was gone as a result. It was reaching around noon when Yugi went to visit Twilight in the Ponyville hospital. She was awake and faring well, luckily. She had bandages wrapped around a head and chest.

“Hey Twilight, are you alright?” Yugi asked, back in his regular form.

“It’s ok...” Twilight sounded quite tired. The whole ordeal with Trixie left her weakened. “The doctor says will be out in 3 days...”

“We are just lucky you didn’t sustain any major injuries. The only major hit you took was the arrow.”

“When that monster attacked me… it felt so real… The arrow piercing my chest was a lot more painful than my physical injuries show...” Twilight was about ready to pass out again when there was a knock on the door. “Come... In...” The door opened and someone walked in. It was a large pony. Her bright coat glistened in the sun coming in through the window and her rainbow flowing mane blew through the wind. “P-p-p-p-princess? What are you doing here?”

“Hello my faithful student.” Celestia replied. “I can see you are healing well.”

“No Duel Monsters card will take me down that easy...”

“Hmm...” Celestia then turned her attention to Yugi. “I can see you made it to Equestria safely my Pharaoh.”

Yugi gasped before switching places with Yami. “So, you know of me, you must be the Princess Twilight told us about.”

She nodded “Yes, I am Princess Celestia. I must say it’s quite rare to find a being older then myself. It’s quite an honor to meet you Pharaoh, though I wish I had brought you here under better circumstances.”

“What do you mean you brought me here…? Wait!” Yugi remembered back to when he and Kaiba where on the chopper. “That was you who were calling to me!”

Celestia nodded. “Yes, I am indeed the one who contacted you. Our world has many connections to other worlds through various portals and I exploited one of them to reach your world. During my youth I had a strange fascination with learning about other worlds and yours was rather interesting to me.”

“So, what brought your attention to me?”

“Well... At first your world wasn’t anything special until I did a little research on your history and how your people used to fight it out with otherworldly creatures. Of course, Yugi Moto wasn’t born yet so I couldn’t have met him however I did have a vision.”

“A vision, like future sight?”

“Yes, I have the unique ability to see short visions of the future in my sleep pertaining to future dangers. In one of my visions, I saw you Pharaoh and how your spirit became intertwined with this boy Yugi Moto. I decided to return recently to check if my theory was correct and it looks like it was. You hold power over your cards unlike any other being in your world; you have the Heart of the Cards on your side.”

“But I don’t understand how do you know so much about Duel Monsters and the Heart of the Cards? Twilight told me Duel Monsters didn’t exist in this world.”

Celestia sighed. “Well, she is mostly correct. Duel Monsters doesn’t exist here, at least not anymore.”

“What exactly do you mean?”

“You see, Duel Monsters did exist many, many years ago. It was just as famous of a game as it is in your world, believe or not…” Celestia dropped down her head and looked at the floor. “But something happened…” Celestia slowly approached the window and looked out. There were many ponies just going about their day. “Twilight, I want to ask you a question, a hypothetical question.” Twilight nodded. “If you were to ask any one pony in the entire world what the biggest threat to Equestria and most evil is, what do you think they would say?”

Twilight thought to herself for a second. “Well… Depending on where they live and how much they know their history, they would probably say either Nightmare Moon or Discord…”

Celestia chuckled to herself for a second. “Yeah, I guess they would… Both Nightmare and Discord were pretty dangerous and there are many other threats out there you haven’t even heard of however…”

“What is it?” Yami asked.

“As evil as Nightmare Moon and Discord are, there is a much worse evil out there. One who almost completely destroyed Equestria.”

“Princess, what are you saying? Is this evil we are dealing with really more dangerous than Nightmare and Discord?” Twilight asked.

“Worse… This evil is my creation…”

Twilight was shocked. “Wha- What? What do you mean you created it?”

“I guess I should start from the beginning. Twilight, as you are aware I was forced to banish my sister to the moon over a thousand years ago. I thought I could handle ruling Equestria on my own but after 200 years, the effects started taking its toll on me…” Celestia’s horn lit up, projecting a field inside the room. Within the field, a visual of her story came onto focus.


A brown dirt covered stallion approached a pair of large doors guarded by two soldiers in armor. “I’m here for an audience with the Princess. I have an appointment.”

“You may enter.” The two guards moved their spears out of the way and allowed him to pass.

The door opened to reveal a completely dark room. The pony stepped into the dark room. “Hello? Princess?” He continued forward.

“State your purpose peasant!” A voice boomed from the darkness. The stallion looked forward to see a pair of pink eyes looking at him through the darkness. Suddenly, a golden light emitted from above the eyes revealing the face of a not so benevolent Celestia. She had bags under her eyes as well as a thin layer of black going around her eyes.

The stallion slowly approached her. “P-p-p-p-princess…”

“STATE YOUR PURPOSE!”

“I-I come to ask you when we could possibly get our daughter back… We miss her so much…”

“You’ll get back your daughter once you have paid off your debt. I sent her to the doggy mines to dig up gems to pay it off but so far, she has done nothing but waste my time.”

“But she is just a filly, take me instead!”

“The Diamond Dogs prefer younger workers; they won’t work with adults… But your debts are piling up so I feel we may need another worker. Since we can’t take you or your wife, I think we will just take your son. He is young enough and he will remind you to not skimp out on your payments.”

“NO, PLEASE!” The doors flew open as 2 guards came in dragging a crying colt along the floor.

“DADDY!” The colt yelled out.

“Please, stop this!”

“GUARDS!” Celestia yelled. “Get this pony out of here…”


“STOP!!!” Twilight screamed. “Please... I can’t watch anymore of this...” The vision disappeared. “Princess, what happened to you?”

Celestia looked at her hooves in disappointment. “After I banished my sister, I went into grieving. I thought I finally put it all behind me but I was wrong. Eventually it started to eat me up on the inside until I turned into a tyrannical monster, one even worse than Nightmare Moon and Discord.”

“Princess Celestia… I had no idea…”

“I have feared this day since you became my student. I had hoped you would never find out but if you hate me now… So be it…”

Twilight was shocked. “Princess, I could never hate you. You are the nicest, kindest, most understanding pony I have ever met.”

“Don’t lie Twilight, I know you live in constant fear that I will banish you or send you back to kindergarten. I’m nothing but a-”

“That is quite enough…” Yami spoke up. “Princess, you can’t let you past mistakes hold you back. You can’t just bottle them up but you can’t just let them roam free and take over your life like they are now. You made a mistake, I have too. I was once so focused on winning a duel, I played an evil card and, in the end, I lost due to my selfishness and greed. I will never forget that day; Yugi gave up his own soul in order to save mine… I was devastated… But in the end Yugi reminded me to just move on and not let it control me. You need to do the same.”

“I wish it were that easy… The grief I had bottled up inside of me and I let it out in anger against my own subjects and it ended up nearly costing me the life of myself and every pony in Equestria. I didn’t realize it at first but that colt from that vision set off a chain of events that led to the near destruction of Equestria. During his escort to one of my slave camps, the carriage ended up going missing in the Everfree Forest, the passengers were never found. I sent a research team into the forest to find them, one of which was a brilliant Pegasi who went by the name of Lord Crawford. He discovered some kind of hidden ruins with art of monsters and told of battles from ancient times.”

“The same thing happened in my world. A man named Maximillian Pegasus was out on research in Egypt and found a tomb almost exactly as you described. He got a stroke of inspiration and turned the so called ‘Shadow Game’ told in the ruins into the game we called Duel Monsters. Am I to assume that is what happened here too?”

“Exactly; the game caught on like wildfire on became an Equestrian-wide sport. Eventually, the three beasts known as the Egyptian god cards came into my possession and I used them to control the Duel Monsters industry. I even invented my own kind of monsters; a kind that doesn’t exist in your world; Synchro Monsters.”

Yami nodded. “I am aware of what Synchro Monsters are; I witnessed them first hand not too long ago when a time traveler named Paradox tried to change history. While I don’t know exactly how they work I do know they are very powerful.”

“So, what happened?” Twilight asked, continuing the conversation.

“Shortly after Duel Monsters came into the picture, I discovered one of my Diamond Dog slave camps had been destroyed. Every pony and Diamond Dog was still alive but they were all lifeless zombies, like their very souls were extracted from their bodies. The entire camp was also covered in what would only be described as black scorch marks.” Twilight and Yami looked at each other for a moment. “What I hadn’t realized at the time was that it was the same camp I sent the colt’s older sister to. Her name was Midnight Rose; she was the daughter of gardeners with a special talent for making any flower bloom even in the dead of night. A very beautiful talent but it was all wasted when I sent her to the slave camp to dig for gems.”

“So, what does this Midnight Rose have to do with the story?”

“Midnight Rose… Is the original Dark Summoner.”

“What?” Both Twilight and Yami said in unison.

“She somehow acquired a mysterious power while in the camp and escaped leaving the place in ruins. A couple years after the events at the camp I held a Duel Monsters championship in Canterlot. The reward was five hundred thousand bits and a chance to duel against me using the Egyptian god cards. It was the chance of a lifetime to duel against the god cards themselves so of course many ponies entered.”

“I’m assuming this Midnight Rose entered too?” Yami asked.

“She didn’t just enter…”


Thousands of ponies were all crowded around a large arena sitting in the stands. In the center was a large rectangular arena. It was a large Duel Monsters arena with the main center area and two separate standing areas for the contestants. In the red corner was a light pink earth pony mare with a dark red mane curled up and shaped like a flower. In the blue corner was a blue unicorn stallion with a white mane.

“It looks as though this is going to be another easy victory for our beautiful Rose!” A voice yelled. It was an announcer up in a watch tower using the royal Canterlot voice. “Midnight Rose has shown spectacular strategy and gameplay. Over the course of this entire championship, she hasn’t even taken one point of damage! Will the trend continue?”

“Let’s see how you handle this!” She swiftly drew a card from the deck that was lain down on the panel in front of her. “I’ll start off by using the effect of my Glow-Up Bulb from the graveyard. By sending the top card of my deck to the graveyard, I can summon it from my graveyard.” Rose’s newly revived monster was a small patch of dirt with an eye poking out. It had a white flower on its head. “Now, I think it’s time to end this! I’m tuning my Level 1 Glow-Up Bulb with the Level 3 Lonefire Blossom and Seed of Flame already on my field!” Glow-Up Bulb flew into the air and burst into a large green ring while the other two monsters flew into the ring before transforming into small white spheres. The monsters exploded column of light and rose pedals.

“Synchro Summon! Black Rose Dragon!” Floating behind Rose stood a huge black and red dragon. Its wings were almost entirely made of roses.

The unicorn looked in horror at the display in front of him before screaming “Please, don’t attack me! I forfeit, ok? Just please don’t attack!” The stallion ran off stage carrying his tail between his legs.

“Hmm… Pathetic…”

“Wow! Just the sight of Midnight Rose’s Black Rose Dragon made her opponent cower in fear and forfeit the match!” Rose turned back and the elevator on the side of the arena lowered her down. As she reached the bottom, the announcer was there waiting for her. “So, how does it feel to win the biggest Equestrian Duel Monsters Championship to date and win without even a scratch?”

She glared at the announcer. “I haven’t won yet, not until I beat the Princess…”

“Ooh, calling out the Princess! Yes, in case any of you in the audience have forgotten, the Champion of this amazing tournament gets a shot at dueling the Princess herself, Celestia!” Celestia was at the top of the bleachers in a small private box. She was tapping her hoof on the side of her throne with a disgruntled look on her face. She groaned as she stood up and flew out the box down to the arena. “Alright, it’s the time for the duel you’ve all be waiting for! Rose may have a perfect record but Celestia has access to the three most powerful cards in all of Duel Monsters, the Egyptian God Monsters!”

Celestia landed down next to the arena in front of Rose. Her horn lit up and a deck of cards flashed into existence. She levitated it over towards Rose and she grabbed Rose’s deck from her hooves. “You should be honored to hold the god cards, but this is a one-time thing. Don’t get used to it.” The two of them shuffled each-others decks for a few moments and handed them back to each-other. Celestia turned back and started walking to her side. “Good luck… You’re going to need it…”

“You’re the one who is going to need it…” Celestia chuckled at her statement, but what didn’t notice was that Rose had slipped a card into her own deck after Celestia had shuffled it.

The pink pony and white Alicorn both stepped up on their own platforms and were lifted up to the panel. “Let’s get the match underway!” The announcer yelled.

“LET’S DUEL!”

Princess Celestia
< LP: 4000 >

Midnight Rose
< LP: 4000 >

“Since I am your Princess, I get the first move.” Celestia drew her card and grinned. “I’ll start things off by activating my Solar Recharge spell card, by discarding a Lightsworn monster from my hand to the graveyard, I can draw 2 cards and then I must send the next 2 cards of my deck to graveyard!” Celestia placed down a monster to the graveyard space, drew 2 cards then placed 2 more cards in her graveyard. As she placed the cards in the grave, a bright light started shining from the sky into the field.

“What is going on?” Rose asked.

“When Solar Recharge sent two of my cards to the graveyard, it sent my Lightsworn Beast Wulf. When he is sent straight from my deck to the graveyard, I can summon him!” Celestia monster appeared. It was a white humanoid wolf with very thick armor and holding a spear.

Wulf, Lightsworn Beast
< Level 4 / ATK: 2100 >

“Now I summon Lightsworn Summoner Lumina.” The monster was a female with blond hair and a while dress.

Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner
< Level 3 / ATK: 1000 >

“I activate the effect of my Summoner. By sending one card from my hand to the graveyard, I can summon a Lightsworn monster from the graveyard.” Celestia discarded yet another Lightsworn to activate her effect. “I’ll use it to bring back the card I discarded for my Solar Recharge earlier, Jain, the Lightsworn Paladin!” Jain was a tall woman with white armor, a shield and a sword.

Jain, Lightsworn Paladin
< Level 4 / ATK: 1800 >

“AMAZING!” The announcer yelled. “The Princess has managed to summon three monsters in just one turn. She now has enough monsters to summon one of fabled god cards. Could she be planning to summon one already?”

Celestia just chuckled. “I can tell you he is not far off. In fact…” Celestia grabbed a single card from her hand and revealed it to Rose. “I have one in my hand right now.” Celestia placed the card back into her hand. “Lucky for you I already summoned this turn so I can’t summon him this turn…” Celestia looked down at her deck and picked up 5 cards. “Since my turn is over with, I am forced to send 5 cards from my deck to the graveyard because of my Lightsworns. Don’t think of this as a disadvantage; no; the more monsters I send the graveyard the more power I have!”

“Typical tyrant…” Rose grunted in disgust. “We’ll see about that!” Rose drew. “I activate Graceful Charity. This lets me draw 3 cards as long as I discard 2 cards afterwards.” Rose drew her cards and examined her hand for a moment before discarding. When she did, two small dandelions appeared. “Just like how you summoned your Lightsworn Beast, when my Dandylion was sent to grave, it leaves behind two Fluff Tokens.”

Fluff Tokens (x2)
< Level 1 / ATK: 0 >

“Now I summon my Lonefire Blossom.” The monster was small flower with a bulb spewing fireworks.

Lonefire Blossom
< Level 3 / ATK: 500 >

“I can activate my Lonefire Blossom’s special ability! By releasing a plant type monster, I control, I can summon a new plant from my deck to replace it. I release one of my Fluff Tokens!” One of the dandelions dissolved and was replaced by a strange looking plant covered in brown vines with a small pair of eyes. “I summon Copy Plant!”

Copy Plant
< Level 1 / ATK: 0 >

“My Copy Plant has the ability to take on the Level of any monster on the field so I will have it copy the Level of my Lonefire Blossom!” Copy Plant started shift it vines around changing its shape until it was mostly comparable to her Lonefire.”

Copy Plant
< Level 1 → 3 >

“The stage is set; I’m tuning my Level 3 Copy Plant with my Lonefire Blossom and my remaining Fluff Token!” Copy Plant transformed into three green rings that surrounded the other two monsters. “Chilling flames engulf the entire world. Pitch-dark flower, set into bloom!” The sphere burst into light forming a massive pillar between the rings.

< 1 + 3 + 3 = 7 >

“SYNCHRO SUMMON! Grace this battle with your presence, Level 7, Black Rose Dragon!” From the vortex of petals emerged Midnight Rose’s ace monster, the massive black dragon with red-rose wings.

Black Rose Dragon
< Level 7 / ATK: 2400 >

“Not bad peasant, but you will have to do better than that…”

“Well how about this then? When Black Rose Dragon is summoned, it has the ability to vaporize every card on the field!”

“What!?”

“Go my Black Rose Dragon, destroy every card on the field! Black Rose Gale!” Rose’s dragon opened its mouth and gathered energy before releasing a powerful whirlwind upon the field. All of Celestia’s monsters were nothing to the attack and were blown away with ease, shattering like glass. The winds soon overcame Black Rose Dragon, destroying it in the process. When the destruction was over, the field was completely cleared of monsters. “Now that your field is cleared, I can activate this! Go Monster Reborn!” Rose threw down her card and a purple portal opened in the ground. A new and completely unscathed Black Rose Dragon rose from the portal. “Since Black Rose Dragon destroyed all your monsters last time, I will use it to attack your life points directly!” Black Rose once again charged its fire breath but this time it more condensed, aimed directly at Celestia who had just put her guard up. Celestia groaned as the fire threatened to throw her backwards off the platform.

Princess Celestia
< LP: 4000 → 1600 >

Celestia quickly regained her composure. “You got lucky; I’ll make sure you suffer dearly for that…” Celestia quickly drew her card, as her eyes turned to the card her mouth widened into a horrifying smile. “Now you will see what happens when mess with ME! When there are 4 or more Lightsworn monsters in my graveyard, I can summon THIS, my ultimate beast!” Celestia held the card high. The clouds above her began to part, shining a bright light onto the field. “Radiant beast, decent from the heavens and cast your judgement on these pathetic fouls! Come forth, JUDGMENT DRAGON!” Out from the light descended a massive winged dragon. It was covered in grey feathers and had blood red talons. It also had several long tendrils coming from its snout giving it a bit of a mustache. It roared into the sky shaking the very ground beneath their hooves.

Judgment Dragon
< Level 8 / ATK: 3000 >

The crowd cheered and roared for their Princess. “OH MY! Princess Celestia has just summoned her most powerful monster outside her god cards. This is truly a rare sight!”

“Now let me show you how you really destroy a monster... By giving up 1000 of my life points, I can activate my dragon’s special ability.”

Princess Celestia
< LP: 1600 → 600 >

Judgment Dragon slowly started to rise up high into the sky. He expanded his wings and a bright light beamed down form he wings onto the field. “Destroy her monster with Light of Destruction!” The light solidified until the field was completely covered in white. “You see, like your Black Rose Dragon, my Judgment Dragon also has the ability to wipe out every single card of the field. However, unlike yours, mine doesn’t destroy itself in the process.” As the light cleared, Black Rose was completely gone, not even a pile of ashes. “Now that you have nothing to protect you, Judgment Dragon is going to attack your life points directly!” Judgment Dragon tilted its head back and opened it mouth. “Rays of Judgment!” The feathered dragon released an incredibly bright yellow ray towards Rose impacting the ground in front of her. She grabbed onto the edge of the area for leverage.

Midnight Rose
< LP: 4000 → 1000 >

Celestia picked up 4 more cards from her deck and placed them in the graveyard. “I send 4 more cards due to Judgment Dragons ability and with that I end my turn…”

“Your pathetic dragon doesn’t scare me! Ha, I activate the spell card Pot of Greed. This lets me draw 2 cards from my deck. Now I activate Premature Burial. By giving up 800 of my life points I can summon a monster from my graveyard. Be reborn my Black Rose Dragon!”

Midnight Rose
< LP: 1000 → 200 >

“Just give it up already…” Celestia groaned as the dragon pulled itself from the ground.

Black Rose Dragon
< Level 7 / ATK: 2400 >

“Now I activate One for One. This allows me to discard a monster from my hand and summon a Level 1 monster from my deck.” A little white furry ball appeared next to Rose’s dragon. “What do you think of my Spore?”

Spore
< Level 1 / ATK: 400 >

“Now I play the spell card Seed of Deception, this allows me summon any low-level plant from my hand. Welcome out Dark Verger.” Rose’s new monster was just a small weed with two large leaves with eyes.

Dark Verger
< Level 2 / ATK: 0 >

With only 1 card in her hand, Rose held the card up high. “Now for the finishing touch… I play the spell card Flawed Treaty!” She slammed the card onto the field. “Let me explain how this card works. This lets me take one card from my deck and add it to your hand. In exchange, you cannot attack next turn.” Rose searched through her deck and pulled a single card out and threw it towards Celestia. She looked at it with question. “Now I use Flawed Treaty’s second effect. By giving up my battle phase this turn, I am allowed to declare the name of a card. If that card is in your hand, it’s added to my hand!”

“So… You plan to take the card you just added to my hand, right?”

“Not quite… I call the name…” Rose held her forehoof into the air. “SLIFER THE SKY DRAGON!”

Suddenly, the entire audience gasped and went silent. Celestia’s face was struck with terror as she looked at her hand, the god card that she had so foolishly shown Rose was about to be used against her. The card glowed with a yellow aura and Celestia shot it towards Rose. “You don’t have any idea what you’re doing…”

“I know perfectly well… I sacrifice Black Rose Dragon, Spore and Dark Verger!” The three monsters turned into a pure light and launched into the sky. The clouds parted and greeted the offerings with a light. A large form appeared above the cloud. It was a large red dragon whose body seemed to go on forever. It had a second mouth up on its nose and many rows of teeth.

Slifer the Sky Dragon
< Level 10 / ATK: 0 >

The entire audience had gone completely silent. “That ends my turn…”

Celestia drew. She looked up nervously. “Since you have no cards in your hand, Slifer is powerless. That was a foolish mistake on your part.”

“Do you think I care? Thanks to my spell card, you can’t attack this turn and you don’t have enough life points to activate your dragon’s ability.”

Celestia grunted and looked down at her hand. Her eyes were drawn to the trap card Rose had given her; she placed it face-down. “Just go...”

“My draw!” Rose examined the card with a smile. “This duel is over; I play a spell card known as Blue Rose Offering! First, I must give up half of my life points.”

Midnight Rose
< LP: 200 → 100 >

“Now by removing a Black Rose Dragon from my field or graveyard from play, I can summon a new monster!” Several thick thorns shot out of the ground curling around each other forming a sort of cocoon. A black light was emitting from inside the cocoon. The light slowly dissipated and the cocoon started to crack. “Come forth, Violet, Knight of Thorns!” The cocoon exploded revealing a new figure. It was a tall women covered in purple vines, almost like armor. Her sword was like a giant thorn and a pair of red eyes could be seen under her helmet.

Violet, Knight of Thorns
< Level 8 / ATK: 2700 >

“Oh my!” The announcer yelled. “Black Rose Dragon transformed into some sort of knight. Is this Rose’s true ultimate monster?”

“I’m activating Violet’s special ability. By remove a plant-type monster in the graveyard from the game, I’m allowed to draw one card, but if it’s a spell or trap card, it goes to my graveyard.” As she placed her hoof on her deck, a small black spark of electricity ran up her leg. She jumped at this feeling and stared straight forward for several moments. Finally, she drew it. She chuckled and turned her attention to Celestia. “Princess, do you fear death?”

“I don’t fear anything. I am a god; I am the ruler of this land and I fear nopony.”

“Is that so? How about your subjects?”

Celestia recoiled a bit. “What are you saying?”

“Do your subjects fear death? Do they feel they are safe living under your rule?”

“Of course, they do. I am most powerful being in existence. Nothing can stop me.”

“Do they really?”

“I am their ruler. They respect me.”

“But does being a ruler truly mean they respect you? Is it really respect… Or is it fear?”

“What are you implying?”

“You’re the most powerful being in Equestria, how do you know your subjects don’t worship you because they are afraid of you?”

“Shut up, worthless trash! I don’t have to listen to your crap. GUARDS!” A swarm of armored Pegasi with spears all approached Rose. “Get rid of this pest, this duel is over.”

“Your right, it is over…” She held her last card up. “FOR YOU!” The sky blackened and Slifer began to dissolve into a black powder. “I sacrifice Slifer the Sky Dragon and Violet Knight of Thorns!” The remains of Slifer and Violet began to swirl into the air creating a tornado-like vortex. “Stolen past and taken peace… Awaken the darkness and engulf the world in your cleansing shadow!” As the two monsters were sucked up into the clouds, a black lightning bolt came down the struck Rose. The shock of the lightning threw all the guard ponies back and the very foundation of the area shook beneath them. Rose pulled her head back and looked into the sky as two scars began to form across Rose’s forehead. They started on her hairline and formed around the edge of her eyes. She tilted her head back and looked at Celestia. Her eyes suddenly changed into a blood red color.

Before Celestia could say anything, Rose’s shadow began to expand and rise up out of the ground creating a winged silhouette. It had jagged edges at the corners of its head and bright red eyes with red scars like Rose. “What… Is that?”

Iseris, Destroyer of Harmony
< Level 10 / ATK: 3200 >

Rose slowly climbed over the card panel and onto the field. Parts of the arena began to spark and malfunction as she slowly walked towards Celestia. “You’re about to feel the wrath of my ultimate creature; Iseris, Destroyer of Harmony. My name... Is Midnight Rose, I will be the one to destroy you and put an end to your terror once and for all!” Celestia slowly stepped back, something about the new creature made her uneasy. Rose lifted her hoof and weakly pointed at the Princess. “Attack…” The shadow jumped out of the ground and flew up towards Celestia’s dragon. A black flaming sword appeared in its hand as it came down cleaving it in half. Before Celestia could even react, she saw the creature going for her. She flapped her wings in an attempt to run but barely got off the ground before the sword made contact. Celestia screamed as the sword’s slash left a black burning scar across her chest. She slowly fell to the ground and hit the dirt with a thud.

Princess Celestia
< LP: 600 → 400 >

Celestia tried to pull herself from but found it difficult due to the pain. “Rose… What are you doing?”

“What, you still haven’t figured it out?” Rose leaped down from the dueling platform and came up close to Celestia. “I’ve had enough of your rule. You’re nothing but a heartless tyrant who does whatever she wants with who she wants. You sent me to one of your slave camps to pay off the ridiculous taxes you enforced on my family and everypony else. But oh, that was not enough. My eternal slavery wasn’t enough for you. You had the gull to force my own little brother into a slave camp too?”

“But… I…”

“Don’t even try to make up excuses… In fact, I don’t think you even remember what happened to my brother do you?” Celestia just stared back at her. “Let me remind you… Thanks to your strict rule about being late, your pathetic excuse for guards that were holding my brother attempted to take a shortcut through the Everfree Forest just to make it to the labor camp in time.” Rose leaned up close. “Can you guess what happened?” Celestia pulled back. “While they were following the path through the Everfree, the ground collapsed underneath them and everypony in board fell into a RAVINE!”

Celestia gasped. “Wait, I remember that! But… I was only told the group went missing, the bodies were never found. How do you-”

Rose snickered and a faint black aura formed around her. “That is for me to know and you to find out. All you need to know is that I am now more powerful than any pony in Equestria. Even you…” Suddenly, Rose was tackled to the ground by a group of armored guards. “Hey! Let go of me!”

“You’re under arrest for assaulting the Princess, unauthorized use of black magic and resisting arrest.”

Celestia motioned the guards to hold her down. “No, you have already proven yourself to be much too big of a threat. Simple incarceration won’t do…” Celestia began to slowly rise into the air and six small colored stones appeared around her. The stones began to spin around her creating a multi-colored tornado. “The Elements of Harmony will seal your soul in stone, trapped forever, never to be released.” As the elements were about to hit max power, they suddenly stopped and faded. “What? What happened with the Elements?” The stones slowly faded in color until they were pure grey and then a small sphere of stone formed around the stone. The 6 stones dropped to the ground, nothing but rocks. Celestia could only look at the elements in horror.

“Ha… AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!” Rose laughed. “Oh, how unfortunate, it looks like karma has finally caught up to you!”

“What exactly are you saying?”

“Isn’t it obvious? The elements won’t accept your call anymore because you’re a tyrant!” Suddenly, Rose seemed to explode with energy and the guards were launched away. The dark creature returned behind her and launched itself towards Celestia. Before the monster could reach her, Celestia grabbed her cards and the once Element of Magic and then teleported away.

Rose started laughing even harder. “YES! RUN! RUN LIKE THE PATHETIC COWARD YOU ARE!”


It had only been a few hours since Rose attack Canterlot and the city was already in flames. Anypony who didn’t side with Rose had their soul stolen from their very bodies by her new creature of darkness. Everypony else who was left teamed up with Rose and turned against Celestia, realizing that she was nothing but a tyrant who controlled them.

Celestia watched Canterlot fall from the balcony of her castle. Tears started forming from her eyes as she looked at the now powerless Element of Magic. “How did it come to this? Did I really turn into a tyrant?” Celestia trotted over to the vanity mirror beside her bed. She was shocked to see the black liner around her eyes. Even though she knew it from lack of sleep, to her, it looked just like the black scars Rose had on her face. For just a second, she could swear her eyes flashed red. She then looked down at her attire. Her new crown was significantly larger then when Luna and she ruled, as a sign of dominance. Finally, her hair was no longer shimmering like a rainbow like it normally did. It was becoming jagged and turning a faint orange, almost like a raging fire. She looked at the mirror one last time. “No…” Instead of her reflection, she saw a twisted and deformed version of herself. Her whole coat was a very faint orange, her main was a raging inferno and she was now where flat golden headpiece where her crown was. “I’m turning into my sister…” She quickly knocked her crown to the ground and slammed her hoof down on it shattering it to pieces.

Then, a loud explosion could be heard from outside, followed by a large group of frightful screams. She was about to fly out and do something but she quickly stopped herself. The Elements were gone and she was powerless against Rose. As she was turning around, her eyes glanced at her Duel Monsters deck. On the top was Slifer the Sky Dragon. Celestia picked it up and looked at it for several moments. “Rose… She somehow used these… Cards… To create a beast of unparalleled strength...” Then, Celestia picked up the deck of cards and threw it at a nearby wall, spraying the cards everywhere. “Stupid cards… They have caused nothing but trouble.” The Princess slowly stepped back outside to the balcony, sky had become dark by nighttime and Luna’s moon could be seen. “Oh Luna… I’m so sorry... I’ve spent so long grieving over what I did to you, now I am turning into the very thing I banished… Please… Just give me a sign… Tell me how to fix this I will become a better ruler, a better pony in general.” Then she heard a sound, it sounded like the crinkle of paper. She glanced back down at her cards spread across the floor. The Element of Magic had somehow rolled across the floor and found its way to her cards. It slowly rolled around the cards, somehow navigating its way around the cards until finally coming to a stop on top of one. With her magic, the Princess picked up the stone and glanced at the card underneath it, and then her eyes gleamed. “Thank you, Luna, I understand now.” Celestia levitated the card and the element to her side, spread her wings and flew off to her and Luna’s original castle in the Everfree Forest.


“So, you discovered a way to beat Iseris?” Twilight asked.

“Thanks to sister’s sign, I realized what I needed to do. Since the Elements were useless, I had to find a way to harness its power into a Duel Monster’s card.”

“Of course...” Yami replied. “Since Iseris is immune to pony magic, if you infuse it within a card, it may actually work.”

“So Princess, did it work?” Twilight asked.

“Yes, it did. Sadly, I only had access to the Element of Magic since I left the other five behind but the single Element was more than enough. After I created the card, I confronted Rose. It was the most difficult duel I have ever had in my life but she was overconfident and I won. After that I released a spell over all of Equestria that removed the memories of past events including the creation of Duel Monsters.”

“So, what did you do with the cards?” Yami asked.

“Many of the cards were destroyed in the uprising, including the God cards but whatever was left I sealed away.”

“Where did you seal them, if you don’t mind me asking?” Twilight asked.

“You haven’t figured it out?” Celestia slowly approached Twilight and put a hoof of her chest. “They are inside the Elements themselves…” With her magic, the Princess levitated Twilight’s new duel disk over to her. “I used a special spell to seal them within the Elements so if the future element bearers were to ever combat the same magic, I encountered all those years ago, the elements would grant the holder the power to fight back.” At that moment, there was a loud bang and the sky turned dark. There was a thunder storm brewing. Yami stared out the window. A look of horror had fallen upon both him and Celestia.

“Yugi?” Twilight asked. “What is going on?”

“Slifer the Sky Dragon...”