• Published 14th Jun 2013
  • 2,970 Views, 104 Comments

Research About Fluffy Ponies - Axel Azabash



Fluffy Ponies! No abuse and no 'me and my lovely pony' things... so, what's the point? SCIENCE!

  • ...
5
 104
 2,970

9- Research about Purposes

Twiley was having pasta salad for lunch when the doorbell rang. Twiley startled, not really knowing what was happening. They never have visits, and actually, Twiley never had heard the sound of the doorbell before.

Carefully, she approached the door, scanning the sounds with her ears. She remembered Mike told her to not open the door to anyone; she was going to stay there until whoever it was to leave, but a familiar girl voice came from the outside.

"Twiley, are you there? Fast, fast! Open the door!" Sara chirped.

"But... but... Mike is not at home!" Twiley answered.

"Never mind! I only wanted to play with you a little." Sarah said.

"Ow... but... Mike towd me to not open the doow to anyone."Twiley replied, unsure.

"But you know me, I'm not a stranger, Twiley, it's me, Sarah!" Sara insisted.

"Ow... but Mike... but... pway... Sarah... I can't..." Twiley stammered.

"Aw... fast! Michelle is coming! I don't have time!" Sarah whined.

"Mich... Sah... Mike towd me to not... but... Michewwe... I don't wike her... and she is coming for Sawah. This is an emewgency!" Twiley squeaked and opened the door.

Sarah hugged Twiley furiously, petting her mane. Twiley tried to react, but she found she was paralyzed... those human hands... she couldn't resist. She stayed there, enjoying the attention from Sarah.

Twiley thought for a moment that she looked so ridiculous and was acting like a pet, and for a moment tried to resist... for a moment, until Sarah scratched her ears and she melted again. That was not fair.

The voice of Michelle calling for Sara came in the distance. Sarah grabbed one of Twiley's hooves and pulled. They hid behind some bushes in the garden.

Michelle arrived to Mike's house. She was panting and coughing. "I have to stop smoking..." She managed to say for herself, and then, she panicked a little. She realized she was in front of mike's house and her little sister Sarah was probably inside.

That mad scientist and his... special pony... that enormous and scary fluffy. A shiver ran down her spine. She cursed herself for let her little sister ran away. She tried to catch her, but Sarah was freaking fast, she was a little athlete and Michelle was sedentary and smoked a lot.

"S... Sarah? A... are y...you there?" Michelle stuttered.

A giggle was all she received in response. At least, now she knew where her sister was. She followed the giggle and found and spotted something purple stirring behind the bushes. She startled a little. Ok, the pony monster should be in the house, not outside, it was her imagination for sure. She took a glance back at the house and found the door was open. "Sarah? Come out, it's not funny!" Michelle called.

Looking behind the bushes, Michelle found herself face to face with Twiley, a few inches away from her. She startled and backpedaled, covering her mouth to not scream. Twiley startled at Michelle's reaction and took a step back, stumbling with Sarah. Michelle was trapped at the corner of the fence, in front of her, the giant fluffy, and behind it, Sarah.

"Shoo! shoo! Away, away!" Michelle yelled, waving her arms furiously to Twiley.

"Ow... uh..." Twiley startled a little and took a few steps back, with her head low and ears flat.

"Come here! Sarah! How dare you to run away like this!" Michelle scowled.

"But I wanted to play with Twiley!" Sarah whined.

"You shouldn't touch animals, especially if you don't know them! It's dangerous! That thing could bite you or... something!" Michelle continued.

"But... she is not a normal animal... she is Twiley, my friend..." Sarah whined again.

"Ow...I'm sowwy, I didn't wanted to scawe you..." Twiley apologized, taking a few steps back and letting Michelle pick up her little sister.

Michelle went out of Mike's garden, trying to not look back at the pony. Sarah was in Michelle's arms, frowning at her. Twiley stayed there for a few seconds, not knowing what to do.

"At least you could say goodbye to Twiley!" Sarah squeaked.

"It's an animal, Sarah, it doesn't matter. And fluffies could be extremely cruel and selfish if they feel like it. The reason why they made them so weak and small was to avoid any harm to humans, but this one... It should be chained, it's dangerous!" Michelle yelled. Twiley's ears twitched.


"It is dangerous; we should chain it before it could do harm to someone. The experiment didn't come out as expected. We can't sell a pet like this; we have to make them weaker and smaller." Twiley's ears twitched again. The white walls, the dirty floor, those humans that stabbed her with all those pointy things...


"No... I'm... a fwiend... I'm not bad, I'm..." Twiley started to shook her head, her eyes like saucers.

"You are one of those unstable experiments from those awful laboratories that created the fluffy ponies! I hate them; I don't want any of those synthetic talking pseudo-animal pets around me! And that mad scientist... I'm sure he is related to them. I don't want my little sister around here anymore!" Michelle explained.

"But sis... I thought you loved My Little Pony!" Sarah replied.

"And that's why I hate them for making that abominations based on the show."

Twiley winced and slowly came back into the house, closing the door with a bang. Some sobs could be heard from inside, and then, she started to cry out loud.

That was an interesting reaction. Michelle has never seen a fluffy react that way when she insulted them. They didn't even usually understand her words with those simple minds. Looks that this particular fluffy understood every word she had just said. Nah! It was just an oversized synthetic pseudo-animal pet thing. Sarah frowned at her big sister and squirmed, but she couldn't escape from her grip.

Michelle's steps and Sarah's wailing were lost in the distance. After a few minutes of crying helplessly, Twiley went into her room and curled in a purple ball at her corner, frowning at the wall.

Mike came back to home in the evening after a hard day at work. Usually, he was apathetic at this time, but now, he was wondering about what to teach to Twiley today. Her curiosity and naivety were so cute. And she found almost everything interesting.

He opened the door and came in. It was weird. Normally, Twiley comes to greet him every day when he comes back to home, the fact of Twiley wanting to see him after work always cheered him up, but this time, she wasn't in sight. He called for her, but as she did not respond he started to worry.

Mike opened the door of Twiley's room, and a purple shape startled in the corner. It was her, curled, shivering and frowning at the wall. Mike came in, but hesitated.

"T...Twiley? Are you Ok?" Mike stuttered. This mod on her was bad, really bad. He didn't know what was going on, but Twiley frowning at the wall only meant one thing: Problems.

The scientist approached slowly. Twiley's ears twitched. He stopped.

"Twiley, look at me. Are you Ok?" Mike insisted. Twiley frowned at him, but then, her frown turned slowly into a sad and scared expression.

"Dangewous, animaw, cwuew, selfish, abomination..." Twiley trailed off, sobbing.

"N...no, you are not. You are Twiley, my friend." Mike smoothed her.

"Michewwe said all that to me, and mowe things I don't undewstand." Twiley continued.

"She was here?" Mike asked.

"I wanted to pway with Sawah and opened the doow, but Michewwe came and... I'm sowwy... I'm not going to open the doow again." Twiley apologized.

"Oh, no... I told you to not... anyway..." Mike trailed off, not wanting to scold at her.

"What is synthe... syn... the... tic?" Twiley asked.

"It's something artificial, something that the humans made and is not natural." Mike explained.

"Am I syinth... sy...?" Twiley stuttered.

"...Yes, Twiley, you are. Humans created you. You are artificial." Mike answered.

"So... no mothew, no fathew... no famiwy... I'm... awone..." Twiley trailed off, remembering some documental about wild life. Herds, families of animals, and even humans had families, but she was one of a kind, and she felt terribly alone.

"Correct. You have no father, nor mother and you are one of a kind, but you are not alone. I'm with you; I'm your family and your friend." Mike told her.

Twiley nodded slowly. Her tears were falling to the floor. Mike gave a shake to Twiley's mane.

"If I wewe a human... The othew humans wouwdn't say I'm an animaw, ow a monstew..." Twiley said.

"Well, and I don't want to be so shy. I want to have a girlfriend and get married someday, and I want an easier job, and a house near the beach, and another in the mountain, and more holydays... But I don't have it." Mike told her.

"But... I... human... I..." Twiley stuttered.

"Long time ago, my grandmother told me a little secret. She told me to enjoy the things I have, to live in this world and this moment. She told me to stop thinking always about the future, silly fantasies and things I want to have, because if I don't pay attention to the things I already have, I will lose that too. She told me to appreciate every little detail of the life and be always happy." Mike explained.

"But I don't have anything..." Twiley answered.

"You have a nice place to live in, you are my friend, we are a little family, you have nice food to eat, a nice bed to sleep in, we have a big house with garden and a little backyard... Well, maybe if you were a human, things would be different, but you are not. Just stop whining about you want to be a human and enjoy the world just as it is." Mike continued.

"But I'm awone, and I don't know why I am awive. Why they cweated me... What is my puwpose?" Twiley trailed off.

"Well, sometimes I ask myself what is my purpose. I think every sentient being had asked that to himself at some moment. The point is not what is your purpose, the point is what do you really want to do with your live and for what do you want to live for." Mike explained, petting her mane.

"You don't know what is youw puwpose?" Twiley asked wide eyed.

"Nope, I don't. See? You are not alone.

Twiley tried to ask something, but Mike started to scratch behind her ears and she groaned, tilting her head to get a better angle. Mike smiled and Twiley cursed himself, she wasn't able to think properly in the subject they were talking about anymore. Freaking wonderful human hands, what a way to avoid a conversation.

After crying and curling on the floor, Twiley was a little dirty, so, Mike gave her a bath. This time she helped and made it easy for him. She was more relaxed this time than the first one, so, she enjoyed it a lot. Maybe her purpose was letting everyone taking care of her? That was something awkward, but she couldn't concentrate in the thought, at the moment, she was so happy.

Author's Note:

Well, long time without updates, so, there is one. I didn't wanted to make this story very philosophical, but anyways... It's starting to be more than a little simple experimental fic. Like always, I need to correct the mistakes, and I would love constructive criticism.

You know, studies and stuff. I'm going to class in the afternoon, in Spain, that means I go back to home about nine in the evening.

And about the story, don't worry, Sarah is not over yet.