• Published 13th Aug 2013
  • 679 Views, 12 Comments

PonyHammer 40,000: Magic of War II | Redemption - Dragon Heart



It is the forty-first millenium, and there is no more friendship, only... WAR!

  • ...
5
 12
 679

Death of a World

Though the Blood Phoenixes succeeded in eliminating the Eldeer, their former Chapter Master was not anywhere to be found, much to Helios's subtle frustration.

"I see. Traytus was never here." said Pinkie. "I fear we were manipulated, drawn to Salika to slay these Eldeer. But to what purpose?"

Without further delay, the Pony Marines redeployed back to Salika's surface, on the arena's perimeter.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

When they touched down, Helios heard an all too familiar voice come through his comm link, and congratulate him.

"Bravo, BRAVO, Philosophies." Traytus said. "As always, my greatest champion."

Helios looked around, trying to find the real source of the voice. "Traytus. Where are you? Show yourself!" He demanded.

"I am well removed from Salika, and so needed a puppet there to stop the Eldeer and their wretched ritual." said Traytus. "It has kept the Ordo Stalleus fleet from emerging from the Warp. With the xenos slain, the Exterminatus can commence!"

The word spoken made Helios's heart tense, and his mind go numb with horrific realization. "You... you desire the Exterminatus?"

"My dear Helios..." Traytus cooed, "Long have I orchestrated the slaughter of the subsector, all in Khorne's name..." It was beyond any form of clarification to Helios now. "It is too late for Salika, but it isn't too late for you, Helios. I have beguiled you to this juncture, but I have spoken one truth: You ARE the greatest warrior the Blood Phoenixes has ever seen. Join me in Khorne's service. Kill these creatures of Pegalos that you have surrounded yourself with; become the slaughterer I know you to be!"

Helios looked behind to his battle siblings, they truly served him and the Empress without doubt. He looked at them with scanning eyes. Pinkie and Spike looked to each other, having overheard the conversation, and questioned what Helios would do. Would he turn his back on them and resume serving Traytus, this time for the name of the Discord Gods? Or will he remain loyal to the Empress he served to this day and put down his former master?

Helios turned back around and sighed. "Master Traytus... thank you. You have shown me the truth that I was unable to see." He said. Pinkie's eyebrows twitched, and she tightened her grip on her rifle. "Centuries of service a lie..." Helios continued as he closed his eyes and lowered his head slightly, "I do not know what I am anymore, but I do know this..." He opened his eyes and looked fiercely forward towards the distance. "I am no traitor. I would rather die." Pinkie silently sighed a breath of relief and eased her grip.

"Hm. Pity. No matter..." said Traytus, "The death you desire is but a moment away..." He chuckled sinisterly.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

High in orbit above Salika, dozens of Equestrial ships appeared from the warp. They were the ships of the Inquisition, there to perform their horrific, but necessary task at hoof.

"We have arrived, and it is now that we perform our charge. In fealty to the God-Empress, our undying lord, and by the grace of the Golden Throne..."

The ships took their positions and readied their main weapons.

"I declare Exterminatus upon the Equestrial world of Salika Golmoris. I hereby sign the death warrant of an entire world, and consign a million souls to oblivion. May Equestrial justice account in all balance."

The first ship opened fire.

"The Empress protects."

And the other ships followed suit. The blasts from the Inquisitorial ships created enormous explosions upon impact with Salika's surface, and incinerated anything within their blast area.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Helios and the Pony Marines looked around in horror. The planet was being ravaged before their very eyes, and if they did not leave the world, they would be among those who will perish in the inferno of the Exterminatus.

"We have no choice. Must withdraw." Pinkie shouted.

"It must be... magnificent." Traytus said, taking delight in the destruction even though he was off world. "To see a planet writhe and scream. To feel it convulse beneath your own hooves, witness it dying with living eyes."

Feral Paranids ran around in panic to the chaos that erupted around them.

"In time, perhaps I may share this gift with every last living soul in the galaxy. Until then..." Traytus laughed softly before his voice faded to silence and was no longer heard.

The Pony Marines swiftly had haste for the nearest Teleportarium. They galloped as fast as they could, for their lives depended on it. On the path, they encountered Khornate Daemons that seeked to halt their escape. They dealt with them as quick as they could before moving on. The ships above continued to fire their cataclysmic blasts. Paranids caught within their range of fire were utterly vaporized by the high powered laser blasts.

The Blood Phoenixes were to the halfway point of escape, but someone was determined to make sure they perished with the world. A Discord Champion was battling against a feral Hive Alpha. The Paranid swung both claws at the Discord Marine, but missed and got them stuck into the ground. The Discord Champion slashed the beast across the chest. The Paranid then lunged at the Discord Marine, who dodged and then stepped onto the animal's head and stabbed his power sword through one eye and out the other. He jumped off the dying monster, which screeched before curling up dead. The Discord Champion spotted the Pony Marines, and became furious.

"What is this? You lowly vermin think to escape?" the outraged Champion yelled. "Ungrateful scum, squandering Lord Traytus's gift of a glorious death! Pay your penance in blood! Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the skull throne!"

The Pony Marines had to lure him out with blood. They came across a group of Discord Cultists and attacked. The heretics fell to the might of the Pony Marines, and their blood splattered all over the ground. When enough heretics were killed, the Discord Champion appeared.

"None shall escape!" He shouted. "None shall escape the sacrifice!"

"One way only to cleanse you." Helios exclaimed. They clashed blades. They struck each others swords, blow after blow, sparks flashed with every strike. More Discord Marines appeared, and the other Pony Marines dealt with them while Helios battled the Champion.

The Exterminatus was dangerously close to being executed. Helios had to finish this fight. He struck the heretic's hoof that held the sword. He then grabbed the champion, flew up into the air, dropped him from a great height, and then dived down and pierced the traitor though the head with his sword.

With the champion dead, the way was opened for them. Exterminatus was only a couple minutes away. They had no time to deal with the heretics unless they were in their very way. They galloped with great speed to the Teleportarium. There, more Discord Marines were fighting a Paranid Warrior Beast. Helios took to the sky and slammed into them, knocking them away from their escape route. Once everyone was inside, they quickly made their escape from Salika, and left it for dead to the Inquisition.