• Published 13th Aug 2013
  • 679 Views, 12 Comments

PonyHammer 40,000: Magic of War II | Redemption - Dragon Heart



It is the forty-first millenium, and there is no more friendship, only... WAR!

  • ...
5
 12
 679

Prologue

On the grounds of a world covered in desolated ruins and lava pits, Blood Phoenix Pony Marines fired at Discord Pony Marines from behind cover. They would shoot at the heretics and quickly duck from incoming bullets. Behind them, Michael Pegalos and the Unicorn Twilight Sparkle fought against Discord Marines that thrived on melee combat.

"Captain Pegalos," said Twilight as she blasted the heretics with deadly magic bolts, "you know as well as I that this is folly. We are in desperate need of reinforcement!"

"We have no choice but to press on, Twilight." said Pegalos. "I shall not abandon this place again." He crushed the traitor marine he fought with one slam from his DaemonHammer. "What few allies we have already know of our task, and we can wait for them no longer."

Twilight had a Discord Marine in a deadly magic grip and threw the corpse far back. "I would never suggest retreat." said Twilight as she turned and blasted the heretics atop the cliffs. "But I can feel his power... the Warp screams all around us! Worse, his forces beset our battle siblings on all fronts. It is all they can do to hold their position."

"Then it falls to you and I, Unicorn." said Pegalos. "We descend into the crater."

Pegalos and Twilight headed down the path to the great pit, where an ancient evil was waiting for them. But before they could make any progress, Discord Cultists appeared on the path.

"Yet more pathetic rabble seek to bar our path!" said Twilight.

"Then on our path they shall die." said Pegalos. "To the attack!"

Pegalos and Twilight went in, and the Cultists drew their blades. Pegalos swung his Hammer while Twilight obliterated them with magic bolts. When all the cultists that were in their way were killed, they progressed forth. But then another force of Discord appeared before their eyes. Lesser daemons of Khorne were leaping around, looking for a victim's blood to spill.

"Captain, if these foes close upon me with their blades, it will be all I can do to defend myself in melee." said Twilight. "While so engaged, I will be unable to strike any foe at range."

"Worry not, Unicorn." said Pegalos. "if it is melee combat they seek, I and my hammer shall grant their wish."

Pegalos went in to attack. The daemons saw him and came after his blood. Twilight kept her distance and blasted them with lethal spells. The daemons fell to the holy might of Pegalos's Warhammer, as was the power of God-Splitter. More daemons appeared and attacked, but they all met the same fate. They moved on, but Discord Pony Marines appeared atop a ledge.

"The cowards attack us from that vantage!" Pegalos yelled.

"No gap may protect them from my powers." said Twilight. "I shall smash their minds and bodies from afar!"

Twilight approached the edge and shot her magic missiles at the Discord Marines. Two keeled over and died from the killer magic, and one exploded from the blast he received. Pegalos and Twilight kept pushing on, but a whole squad of Discord Cultists and Marines appeared in the distance.

"There seems no shortage of heretics to slow our advance." said Twilight.

"A delay we cannot afford." said Pegalos. "Be there dozens or hundreds, the abilities of a Pony Marine shall scatter them all!"

Pegalos rushed in and plowed right through their numbers. Twilight proceeded to shoot them with more deadly spells. Pegalos smashed the remaining heretic to pieces. Twilight approached him, and then Termineightors appeared where she stood.

"Termineightors, make ready!" One said.

"Service unto death!" Another said.

Pegalos, Twilight, and the Termineightors went down the spiraling hole. The foul energies of the Warp were very present amongst them.

"He is there, Captain Pegalos!" said Twilight as they reached the bottom of the pit.

"We part ways here, Twilight Sparkle." said Pegalos. "Lend support to our siblings and hold back the tide of Discord!"

"These many decades have been an honor, Michael." said Twilight. "Commend my service to the Empress."

"Empress keep you, Unicorn." said Pegalos. "I go now to redeem our Chapter."

Pegalos took up his hammer and rushed in to combat the great evil he sought to exact retribution on for ten years.

"For the Blood Phoenixes!" Pegalos shouted as he swung a strike at the massive monster in the pit.

Author's Note:

And thus, I present to you all, my faithful battle siblings, the last story of the Magic of War series. I will be absolutely beat when this is done. And after this, there will be a PonyHammer 40,000 story based off the video game: Space Marine (or Pony Marine, in this case). These last few months have been an honor with you all. Empress keep you all, and go forth in Her glorious name.

-Dragons Bane Chapter Master, Dragon Heart

P.S: For those who are gonna wonder where Commander Hammerheart is in this game, my head canon is that he is either dealing with Discord with Pegalos or by himself. Captain Goliath Nule is with Hammerheart along with Rainbow Dash, and they're all dealing with Discord Pony Marines somewhere away from the story.