• Published 13th Aug 2013
  • 679 Views, 12 Comments

PonyHammer 40,000: Magic of War II | Redemption - Dragon Heart



It is the forty-first millenium, and there is no more friendship, only... WAR!

  • ...
5
 12
 679

A Captain's Shame

The Teleportarium gave them access to another world in the sub-sector, but more business needed to be dealt with on Arctika first. But before they could do anything, Helios sighed as he reflected on the occurrences that happened on Arctika, Dolmaska, and Salika.

"Pinkie, Spike. You were right. Pegalos was right." the Captain said, slowly coming around to the truth. "There is something rotting at the heart of the Chapter, corrupting our battle-siblings."

"Traytus, no doubt." said Pinkie. "He has been busy in our decade-long absence."

Helios shook his head. "No... I do not believe Traytus is to blame." He said. "The traitors named him as 'Ascendant', but that may be only to mislead us."

"Traytus is our Chapter Master, he IS the heart of the Chapter." said Spike angrily. "If he were pure, this corruption would not have flourished."

Pinkie sighed through her nostril. "Philosophies, you have been in service to Traytus for centuries, and know him better than any other." She said. "Let me ask you this: Do you maintain Traytus' innocence because you know him to be a virtuous servant of the Empress? Or because the shame of admitting to a life spent in service to a heretic is too much to endure?"

Helios clamped his eyes shut and looked down. "I do not... Enough!" He shouted as he looked back up. "I will consider your words later. We have other matters to attend. What of the Teleportarium?"

"The new arrays on this planet have been reactivated." said Spike. "They have given us the means to reach Galantius. Furthermore, I have intercepted a disturbing transmission from Renegade Guardponies on that world. It has been prepared for your view, Captain, whenever you wish."