• Published 26th Jan 2014
  • 13,360 Views, 148 Comments

Ponies React To - Matthew_Golezerg



Anyone can point their camera to their faces while watching and sharing their opinions on a video to the web. A concept so simple it encourages everyone to participate, even some not from this Earth.

  • ...
11
 148
 13,360

Background Ponies React To: Friendship Is Violence

It's been almost a year since his first arrival in Equestria, and the future ahead of him was bright. He has done so much contribution to the world that it could be called the happiest place in Equestria. Something he would call his 'day-job' or whatever.

However, after the recent event of a near-death incident with a somehow sentient mouldy sandwich (which escaped to God knows where, ready to inject its venom to some other poor sod), he has, well... changed. He was suddenly seeing the darker side of the world around him as time went on. His smile began to falter, and his funny side was starting to get tired (though he still enjoyed eating, that's one thing to note for no reason at all). When noticed, his friends were starting to worry about his health and wondered and did what they could do to help out, but most of the time he refused for them to aid him.

This new change was never a good one from the start. Fans from forums and the ever-cramping comment section came up with suggestions and theories (and not to mention flame-wars) for his suddenly deflated emotion. From the most obvious like the surgery side-effect to the downright impossible ones like he was being replaced by someone else's soul (... the hell did I just wrote!? I mean, seriously! Why would anyone think of this? I'm really weird).

Although the cause was still being identified, he was still trying hard to fight it. Like any women (most notably Rarity) during their whining state, buckets of ice-cream must be supplied at all cost to keep him from being depressed too much, though he wasn't fond of having to gulp down all of those since that would be a waste but hey, at least he was doing something for himself to repair his condition.

Twilight believed having a therapy session with him would definitely solve the issue. I mean, she had to start off with something small like a normal conversation, just her and Matthew. Because she knew him enough to know he wasn't being himself, and it didn't seem to be that he was faking it out for attention. Everyone knew what he was doing was just for his enjoyment and he was just sharing it with the rest of the world he lived in.

Anyway, if he was looking for attention, he sure got everyone to notice. But as mentioned before, everyone knew that he never wanted any attention drawn to him in the first place,he was considered a shy bloke who liked nothing more than to make ponies life happy.

Twilight arrived at her designated house. She did a few knocks on the door to signify Matthew that she's here. The door swung open to reveal Matthew, all messy and tired, as if he just got out of bed.

"Oh hey Twilight, What are you doing here?" his words were slurry, did a deep breath through his nostrils and rubbed one of his eyes. Eyes that seemed to have never seen the light of day and filled with red.

"I just came here to discuss something. We seriously need to talk," answered Twilight, obvious to him that she was worried and taking action for this illness.

Matthew already figured she's going to save him from his recent change, and usually he would decline the offer for help. To him, if someone offered to help him he thought he was burdening others for him. That's something he didn't find comfortable living with.

Though this time, maybe he thought he should give her a try. His state was already the fear everypony else have been feeling for a while and he knew better than to see him like this forever.

"Sure, come in." he swung the door open wide for her to enter.

She obliged and came inside. Upon entering, there's something about this place that told her that he was pretty much suffering from his own mind. The lights were off, dirty plates clogged the sink and many clothes scattered around the house.

Whoa, right he seriously need therapy. Stat!

He lead her to her room. where his laptop remained where he left it before the incident:right on his bed. When Twilight took a closer inspection, she noticed that he wasn't watching his own videos or on a video-editing software, he just tuned to some other videos of his kind.

When she thought about it for a moment, if someone were feeling like this, they would feel something as well. But she couldn't put a hoof on it on what it was, her memory was a bit hazy on the details.

Matthew then brought a nearby chair facing his bed, signalling Twilight to sit down on it. As she did so, Matthew went back lying on his back on the bed, resuming his descent to depression by watching a video he paused recently.

Matthew was the first to speak, "Sorry about the mess, I haven't been feeling fine these days. But I'm sure you know that already." his eyes never seem to divert from the screen.

"No no, it's fine. I think I already got use to it," she pointed out, remembering the time she was a much more OCD type of pony back then.

"Now then, you said we have to talk. Right?" she snapped from her daydream, and then nodded. He remembered Twilight was going to do that,"Well, say it then,"

"Oh right. As you may have known, we noticed you've changed after you've checked out of the hospital a week ago. Can you tell me what's the problem?"

He knew it. He heard this sort of question before with a bunch of others that he knew, they just vary. He's getting tired of it already, so finally for the first time he spat out the truth.

"... I want to go home," he faced back to her.

Twilight was taken aback on what he just clarified. "Home? Why? I thought you like it here." her expression changed to a more sad tone.

"Don't you get it? I love it here, of course. But- *sigh* it just doesn't feel like home..." he then closed his laptop and set it aside, then he sat upright facing her.

"Look Matthew, when it comes to this, I know how you feel. I was born and raised in Canterlot. Then suddenly, the Princess asked me to go to Ponyville, leaving behind everything I once remembered about that place. Looking back now, I felt empty when I'm not there. So you see, the feeling's mutual. It's something I have to get used to by now." a drop of tear fell from her eyes.

Matthew seemed unaffected, but deep down he understood what she explained to him,"I understand Twilight, but this isn't about if I miss it or not, well- maybe it is. But really, what I'm gloating about is that- well, I don't belong here," he then directed his gaze elsewhere, not wanting to talk anymore.

Twilight knew he was missing something, but she never expected for him to feel lost without the time to be back in his home world. "Matthew... what you're saying is-that... you want to go back?" she finally figured it out.

Matthew just simply nodded his head.

Twilight was lost for words for a while, "Matthew, we're not forcing you to stay here by any means, no. But what confuses me is, why do you want go back, even after you've done particularly nothing wrong?" she stuttered out.

Matthew remain silent, knowing the truth would hurt. Like they say, the truth always hurts.

"Have we done something bad to you then, or we didn't care about you much or something? Then if so, we apologize for that. We're sorry if we did hurt you." Twilight made a few logical assumptions to answer her own questions, but deep down she knew the true source of the answer would only come from Matthew.

Matthew finally had the force to speak up, "No, don't get me wrong. You ponies are nice and all, you've given me great care and I love what you did for me. But the reason I wanted to be back home because, like I explained it to you before, I don't belong here. I belong with my own kind, to be with other human beings."

He remembered a time where he lived with his parents, the one that took care of him for 14 years and never gave up when things got tough or flat-out destructive. But unlike any other day, there was one where he did the stupidest idea he ever did, and it cost him his will to live after that.

Like any teenager, they went through a thing called depression. Matthew seemed to suffer this more brutally than anyone else he knew. Everyone makes mistakes, but he believed he did more than anyone out there in the world. To him, he compared himself with the devil, and saw hardly any differences between him and it. In one single time where his depression was at his worst, he attempted to end his life.

He was then sent to a mental hospital away from the state of 'Selangor'. Others, especially his parents, were praying all they could to make sure he was cured. But three weeks later after his arrival in the mental hospital, he was then reported missing and was never seen again by them.

One thing they finally cured was his believe that death was the solution to all his problems, but he remained his theory that he was bringing misery to others. Anyway, He managed to escape and able to make his way back to his original house using whatever he could salvage, fake identifications and a "mask" to cover up his whereabouts, hoping the authorities wouldn't find him.

When he arrived, he discovered that the house was empty and barren. A "Untuk Sewa" sign which stood for "For Rent" was plastered on the gate. He then later found out the truth that they moved to their dream house in Terengganu that they bought the land before. Diaries he found stashed somewhere in the house revealed that they moved so they could continue living their lives without him, also stating that they never gave up wishing him to come back, missing him very dearly.

He was devastated to see and read all of the information that was given to him, but realized that it was for the best. With that in mind, he took a full-time job in a nearby roadside restaurant, earning him RM2,000 a month. Barely enough to settle his rent and food. He soon discovered that with a hard life, you will get off as a better person. Because he heard this quote, "With increaseth sorrow, increaseth knowledge".

He was a tired man but he felt...happy. He figured life was tough before any of that incident, but he needed to experience it firsthand to know what that word actually felt like. And with his new friends to keep him company, life was starting to feel enjoyable.

When he came to Equestria, he believed that this was his chance to start a new way of life, and he did it well. He got fortune that he never really wanted, fame that he would rather avoid, and friends that he never thought could make just by being a different species.

But taking everything into consideration, it was starting to feel...off. He'd rather have his old life back, where he actually worked for a living.

"Matthew, now that I know how you're actually feeling right now, how about we suggest a compromise?" she snapped his trip down through memory lane and back into the world of reality, well...if you could call it that.

"What do you mean?" confused Matthew.

She pondered a bit for a while to get a suitable solution, "You can go back if you want to, but what if we, and by we, I mean the rest of our friends go to your universe and see what we can do to feel that we should take your kind into consideration?"

Matthew hoped he just misheard that. He knew better than to show other sentient, intelligent species about his kind. Humans like him aren't friendly by any means when meeting new type of life forms, it's pure human nature to have a slight distrust and fear toward those that were unknown.

Then, he found a better idea that sprang up in his head.

"Tell you what, Twilight?" he suddenly smiled, but oddly enough Twilight didn't expect to see it.

"I'll go there for a while, and bring some sources and materials for you mates to react to?"

Twilight seemed rather surprised by this. What was so terrible about his species until he had to keep it confidential to her? She'd seen Matthew for a long time, and he didn't seem that bad. In fact, he wasn't bad at all to begin with.

Despite his suddenly cheerful attitude (which, to be honest, wasn't natural), anyone can sense he had a sense of dread inside him. He was that terrible at hiding it.

"Matthew, I have to ask. Why are you so afraid of showing me your kind?"

Matthew went silent, and panic was becoming noticeable. Evidently, he wished she wouldn't ask a lot of questions and just roll with it, but knowing her being extremely careful towards a certain agreement was something he's glad it's something she would do, but not so much in this situation.

Not wanting this to be a barrage of truth or dare, he might as well say the real purpose,"Look Twilight, my kind isn't the nicest species you'll ever see." Of course, Twilight already knew his species wasn't great, because nothing was. Yet he made it like his kind was the worst to have existed, "Due to our greed, we have pollution, war, terrorism, diseases, famine, obesity, crime, global warming, the destruction of glaciers, increase of natural disasters and extinction. Need I say more?"

Twilight replied with surprised silence, she guessed she shouldn't have asked. Brutal honesty was something she hadn't got to grips with when encountered with it.

Yet being the optimistic, she always know that every bad thing had their good side. It's the perfect balance that made it wonderful."You know Matthew, what your kind's disadvantages isn't much of a bad thing, because let's face it, you need the other to balance it out."

Matthew heard her point, she was right. God made everything balanced in the world for us to live in harmony (which, to be honest, sounds very cheesy). However, she had to take considerations when it comes to the dark side of everything (please don't make a Star Wars joke here, I beg you, don't).

Knowing it was better to show than to tell (which begs the question why books are still enjoyable today), he might as well present the cast which was going to do their weekly job reacting to stuff a video and prove that some humans have a very sick idea for humour.


Background Ponies React To:

Viral Videos

This Episode:

Friendship Is Violence

The video began with the animator's nickname and the full title which read, 'My Little P***k, Friendship Is Violence', if that wasn't obvious already.

The cast were already surprised at the quick vulgarity this video has gotten into.

"Whoa, this has gotten dark quick," Vinyl was the first to speak the obvious.

"I hope my daughter isn't watching this episode," Derpy feared the worst.

Unfortunately, her husband didn't take it any better,"Oh dear, can I leave please?" To which, I responded no.

Lyra was the surprising part though, she seemed to be unaffected by the video.

Her girl isn't though,"Oh no, I've heard Lyra talking about this video being crap and now, I'm finally watching it,"

Octavia was mostly shocked and disgusted and rather left herself speechless.

A figure of Pinkie Pie was seen rising up into the scene (with a cutie mark of a bong for some reason. But then again, if the show was rated R it would make a lot more sense if that's how she's always cheerful), knocking on the door of the farmhouse, emitting a cracking sound and called out to her friend, Applejack if she was inside.

Octavia may not have seen Pinkie Pie personally for a long time but she knew how her voice sounded like when she heard it,"Alright, that may not be her voice but, her personality seemed to fit."

Bon Bon was starting to feel uncomfortable,"Ookay then,"

Vinyl wasn't much different,"The hay is going on here,"

Whooves rather let the video roll on and wished it would be over soon.

'Pinkie' then pushed open and peeked inside, the door emanating a creak similar to the one from Five Nights At Freddy's 4. She then proceeded onward along the creepily dark hallway, the walls were strewn with blood splattered all over it. None of it was making the visitor any comfortable.

The same thing could be said to Derpy, who was about to vomit.

"From here, it's all going downhill and disgusting," Lyra pointed out and quite spoiled the rest of the few seconds the video was going to show.

"Why's there blood on the wall?" Octavia would be awarded as the captain of questions.

Then 'Pinkie' peeked beside a corner, where she found 'Applejack' chewing on... wait, is she eating Fluttershy? What the f*** is this!?

Derpy finally let all her vomit out. It had gone too far already.

Bon Bon was left stuttering in shock.

Lyra just simply shook her head in disapproval, probably wondering what the creator was thinking when he made this bulls***. I was thinking the same thing when I first saw it about two days ago.

Vinyl was getting disgusted more and more as the video went on. She made a face almost identical to the 'Eww gay' meme.

'Applejack' noticed someone behind her (by the way I got to ask, why is her cutie mark of an Apple logo?), which the someone began to scream in panic. Realizing how this will turn out, she tried calming her down and getting her to shut up to avoid getting anyone else in the proximity any attention. But what was surprising to her was she said that she wasn't sharing the corpse with her, to which she just went silent and darted her eyes to the left, processing what she just asked.

Not long after, they began to eat the bloody morsels together.

"What, literally, what?" Vinyl was not only disgusted but very confused.

Hopefully, you could go figure on what reaction the others did when they saw that part.

'Twilight' then walked in on them doing 'that', obviously shocked and instantly escaped back to her house. Wasting no more time, she asked Spike to write a letter to Princess Celestia. "Dear Princess Celestia, I've just learn that Applejack and Pinkie Pie and Applejack are bloodthirsty cannibals! Also, pegasus doesn't taste that bad..."

Almost everyone did the same reaction as Princess Celestia when she got the letter.

"Exactly, my face there," Bon Bon pointed out her reaction.

The next scene showed Discord making Ponyville explode just by doing backflips in the air (okay, I think Michael Bay have something to do with this video).

"You know what, I don't want to even find logic in any of this," Octavia finally gave up on trying to see anything that makes sense.

Knowing what's happening, Twilight (one second, what's with Pinkie's face in the background?) told everyone that they need to find the Elements Of Harmony as quick as possible.

"Why is Discord doing this again?" Vinyl really tried to ask me a lot of things that even I can't answer.

"Ouch!" Derpy cringed at that punch Twilight did.

Pinkie called out to the others to not panic and told everyone she knows what to do to save them all.

"Wait, what's with that face? No, sod that, what's with everything in here!?"

Without going into too much detail, she made a lame joke and she died in a gruesome way.

"Well, I guess she deserved it,"

"Oh dear Celestia! That's nasty,"

Princess Celestia made a face that only last a split second and finally arrived to rescue the day for once in her life.

"That's so true,"

"I can't believe I didn't notice that!"

She tried ordering him to stop but he refused, he then got impaled by her horn and soon died. It's no big surprise, really.

"That... one way to deal him,"

"He's reformed now, I don't think killing him is necessary,"

Skipping the boring part and the video ended.

"Matthew, that wasn't funny!"

"Is it over? Oh thank Celestia!"

"I'm not talkin' anymore than I did before,"

"It's done, you happy now?"

"I thought you were better than this, Matthew,"

"Seen the video before but upon second viewing it really felt different,"


I tried questioning them for the next section of the video but they refused to cooperate with me. I had to make an announcement to the viewers that they left the studio as soon as the video had ended.

Twilight finally finished seeing the recent reaction I've posted to Youtube, and she didn't talk much after she left.

...

...

...

So... um, want a pizza?

Author's Note:

The sad story is based on my view of my own depression. What happened after is fictional, but the suicide attempt was real.

I'm pretty sure I have to turn this fic into Mature. Because if it wasn't obvious, the video contains harsh language and gore. And my mention of suicide.