• Published 26th Jan 2014
  • 13,361 Views, 148 Comments

Ponies React To - Matthew_Golezerg



Anyone can point their camera to their faces while watching and sharing their opinions on a video to the web. A concept so simple it encourages everyone to participate, even some not from this Earth.

  • ...
11
 148
 13,361

Royalty Reacts To: 9/11

Not long after the video was released to the public, Twilight was immediately notified from close friends and family. Matthew can only imagine the look on her face when she saw the fillies currently trapped in Matthew's world and was unable to return. She wasted no more time getting the portal to reopen and sent the fillies back home safe and sound (and also snatched a chance to see Matthew for a few minutes). The fillies were disappointed to learn Nightmare Night had come to a conclusion by the time they returned, ponies were taking down decorations and props and were sent back to sit in storage until next year. In the end though, they weren't too hung up about it. They've already experience something better than trick-or-treating or scaring others so they believed it wasn't a complete loss.

Matthew had time to have a closer look at the stone thing that brought them all here in the first place. It was of Equestrian origin, no doubt about that. Yet when he handed it over to Twilight, she claimed she never seen such a stone in her life was ever discovered and was surprised how a bunch of fillies were able to find it so close to home. She told him that she will do more research on it when she has free time, promising Matthew he'd be the first to know if she learned some new info.

His channel was starting to get widespread attention from the media, the original media. People were quick to notice that there was a new reaction channel that was similar to what the Finebros have been uploading all these years, yet many didn't care. They assume that it was just another reaction chain producer on the web like many others...albeit with slightly weird people reacting to stuff with excessively loud and extravagant hairstyles and colour.

Besides that, nothing new was developing at the moment. Matthew was back working on his original job he somehow still able to keep despite being a year late for his shift, his employer was considerate enough to let him go with a warning to not be late again. He probably assumed he was so desperate for new employees he didn't have much of a choice but to have him.

Meanwhile, life for Matthew was great so far for him. Nothing else was needed in his life, reaction videos were probably a thing in the past. Not that he want it to be over though, he was just glad he had a bit more time to himself for a while. He still missed the time he enjoyed making and editing them, unfortunately this was his world where it revolves around earning money to live. His reaction videos weren't going to help him stay alive there, so he had to put the hobby on hold until he knows what to do with it when he have the spare time.

Occasional calls from Twilight wasn't unusual for him, or else how did she met him in the first place if that didn't work. They both caught up with each other's situation in their respective dimensions and all those rubbish, yet both were missing their time of enjoying company with groups of amazing friends and their time when they made the reaction videos together. Such times were fun, but as expected would never last.

With the past aside though, Matthew was able to catch up with the latest news of his country or even more important, around the world has to offer. I mean, everyone has the internet these days so checking anything up was easy. With one of the most recent breaking news was the Paris attacks last month. Which Matthew took this event to heart and prayed a safe farewell to those who fell victim to this unfortunate fate.

This got him thinking however: terrorism had been a part of human history as long as civilization itself. People like him may read these sort of headlines as - while tragic and barbaric- nothing new. It wasn't the first politically or ideology driven attack on innocent souls and it certainly won't be the last. He wasn't sure how the generations of tomorrow would react towards such horrific events in their lifetime.

His train of thought then diverts into remembering the earliest memories of him hearing the first mention of any terrorist related news during his life. Then, one of the biggest and most shocking news came to his head.

It was 11th of September in 2001, when fire and smoke plumed violently from the twin towers of the World Trade Center, with the same happening in the Pentagon further south in Washington DC and Shanksville out west. The people of America had their wake-up call that they're no longer safe on their own soil, prompting the War on Terror in Afghanistan.

He wasn't even anywhere near the country when the attack happened, nor was he old enough to remember hearing news about it at the time. But here he was fifteen years later, with a more or less similar attack happening in France. A decade and a half apart, and the war against terrorism is still going strong. Suicide bombings and mass shootings became par for the course when such disasters strike. It became a part of modern life, having that fear of being the victim of someone else's radical message.

Without wasting time, he grabbed his phone and began to call Twilight to see if the royals were up for another shoot. She claimed that all were free to do it, (because no one bothered themselves with politics) but the equipment wasn't available for them to use.

Matthew told her it won't be a problem. She could just send his and things would be okay.

(Just a little something to ask, are you even reading the intro or are you just scrolling to the react part? If you did the latter, I would stop making the intro part then. But just to be clear, the reason I added the intro is because this is a fanfic. Not a video. If you're into the reactions then I suggest you watch those on Youtube.)


Royalty Reacts To:

Humanity's Flaw

This Episode

September 11 Terrorist Attacks

Another thing I wanted to point out was I couldn't find much footage of the attack that didn't justify as a witness encounter, so I muted the audio and edited the video into a series of clips to make sure the cast were only watching the attacks from different angles.

Additionally, just imagine that the background music played during Question Time won't be played for this episode as to show respect to those who departed their souls on that day.

The last part I wanted say was this was in no way of mocking, making fun of, or even contributing the case of the 9/11. As of writing this, it's still more or less a mystery to this tragedy that struck in the US and in our hearts. The intention was to know how would somepony involved with power respond to the mass murder of hundreds of people who were killed in the attack. As far as crime goes in Equestria, this was going to be there worst view of humankind as we know it.

The entire crew watch the first few seconds on what seemed to be someone vlogging something (do people do that in those days? If so, then I'm surprised). Which lured them into a false sense of security.

"I wonder what's interesting happening there," Celestia thought it was a funny video or an awesome one at least. She was wrong, dead wrong.

The others especially Luna were waiting patiently for something unexpected to happen and stayed silent throughout the first seconds of the video.

The people in the clip began notice something flying above their heads and a few moments later they were about to witness one of the most tragic event America will never forget.

The vlogger was only to get less than a second of the shot of the aeroplane before it finally met its final destination into the glass tower, which erupted and later engulfed in smoke and flames.

Many of the reactors were filled with shock and then met with despair. The words were what you would more or less expect from it.

"Oh dear Celestia!"

"Mother of..."

"Holy jebus, what the hay happened?"

After some editing earlier, I fast-forward the first horrific event to the second part of the tragedy: A second plane steered its way and crashed instantly into the second tower of the World Trade Centre complex, also being swallowed by the flames and excessive smoke coming from the crash.

"Oh no..."

The rest were already silent and stayed that way until the video ended.

"Matthew...I-I didn't know..."

"What happened?"

"...I feel so sorry for those who died in the incident,"

Question Time

To start off, what did you see?

"*sigh* Where to begin? Well, from what I can tell there were two planes flying directly into two skyscrapers."

"I don't know..."

The rest of them were already traumatized by the event and were speechless and wanted to stay that way.

Well, I'm sorry to say this but, the full story was: There were four commercial aeroplanes that have been hijacked by the Islamic terrorist group, Al-Qaeda and the first two was directed to the North and South tower of the World Trade Centre. The third was steered to America's Defence Headquarters, the Pentagon. The last was meant to crash in Washington D.C., a state in America. But the passengers fought back and ended up gearing towards a field near Shanksville, Pennsylvania.

"Holy moly...what has your world become?"

"The worst tragedy I had to encounter was just a few murders here or there, this tragedy probably cost hundreds of lives in a single attack."

Others were still silent throughout the first five minutes of this screening.

As a ruler or someone involved with politics, what would be your response to take action to this sort of thing?

"I would make this event my top priority and find a solution to settle the growing crisis of fear and racism that will loom afterwards."

...I'll admit Princess Celestia handled the situation better than the U.S. President did, in my opinion.

"Well, being the subservient to my sister, I'd definitely agree on taking action immediately and do certain protocols to keep the general public aware that we should not blame others just because of their race and gender. I've heard the news that America has same-sex marriage legalized across the nation, and it seems so sad to think something that sexual orientation was a thing that certain countries should restrict upon. It seems pretty weird to think that we live in a world where we act like you and live like you more or less, yet think so differently we could be waging a war just because of a simple argument."

...I have to ask myself, why isn't she the main ruler of this universe? In fact, why did I ever leave that universe where everything was more peaceful and friendlier back then. Well, you know what they say:no matter how hard other species try to change the way how we are, humans will still be humans no matter what.

Moving on to the rest of the reactors' opinions...

"I would say wage war but I already know enough that THAT won't get us nowhere."

"I rule an empire and I handle all sorts of things from attacks from other species to social media. So, handling a terrorist attack seemed pretty familiar in my book. But knowing how you handled the tragedy, I decided to control this a bit differently from yours."

Last question, what would you like to say to those who lost their loved ones in the 9/11 attacks?

"Whatever happens, don't let it stop you from moving ahead in life. From personal experience, I've seen many things throughout these centuries and it wasn't easy for me to let go. But I learned that if you love something so much, you should be caring enough to not let it drag you down in life and think about what's in store for you."

"Don't give up hope, loved ones. We all would lose someone at some point of our lifetime, but let none of it prevent from going further to know at least the truth why."

"I'm really sorry about your departed, and I pray that everything will turn out okay."

"Oh Goddesses, how do I say this? Um...Just remember to not give up and know that your loved ones will love you for caring and know to not let their deaths be the final destination of faith in your life, thank you."

Author's Note:

I apologize if this was a bit rushed and short. I kind of lost interest on writing sometimes and this was a tough subject to enter without meeting any criticism. If I do offended you in any way, I strictly apologize and say I will not do so again. Do love the ones alivethat took care of you, raised you to who you are, because they're all you have in life.