• Published 26th Jan 2014
  • 13,360 Views, 148 Comments

Ponies React To - Matthew_Golezerg



Anyone can point their camera to their faces while watching and sharing their opinions on a video to the web. A concept so simple it encourages everyone to participate, even some not from this Earth.

  • ...
11
 148
 13,360

Royalty Reacts To: Numa Numa

Ever since his first reaction video he uploaded on Youtube last week to the world, he never felt more contented than ever in his life. Because he usually never dreamt all of this would happen in reality but, what do you know, he's filming videos in some another universe he hardly know for fun and it gave him hope and other stuff that couldn't be described by words, speech or writing. (No, seriously. I don't know any other adjectives that could be used to describe this stuff.)

But then, something terrible has been discovered a while ago. At one time, Mathew was starting to feel a little bored when he's not doing any video filming. What that clearly meant to most of you he wasn't hungry or any physical withdrawals but because he just doesn't feel satisfied with the amount of reaction videos he made. This may not be an issue to anyone else but it's starting to damage himself drastically. He hardly could sleep or eat well like the way he normally would. And occasionally, his hands sometimes couldn't stop trembling when his eyes were fixed on his camcorder that he always rests on his shelf.

Luckily, he was smart and sensible enough to be able to think about it carefully for some time, he suddenly realised that he's having a slight obsession of making videos. He somehow was able to resist that addiction for a week, mostly due to ignorance. But now he's starting to feel a little twitchy as the obsession grows when time passes.

So today from now on, he'll try anything to numb the sickness that cultivates within him. First off all, he decided to go outside into the town of Ponyville and chose a quaint little cafe nearby to settle his stress and hunger for the day. It's probably enough to forget terrible things and at least let his mind flow freely once again in his mind. Other than that, he didn't need to cook or otherwise he would burn his house down... again.

Mathew took a deep breath to relax himself and then opened the door and exited his house. As any careful person in the world, he locked his door and put his keys in his side pocket.

Although Equestria was considerably almost a crime-free country, he still didn't trust anypony that much when it comes to anything related to theft and pickpocketing and snatching. Sure, most of the residents clearly look friendly and they don't seem bad at all but as anypony knows, looks can be decieving. And that's why Mathew inserted his valuable items on his side pockets rather than his back ones.

Mathew began strolling around to find a restuarant or a cafe that would help him fill his stomach. Some shops do sell food like carrots, daffodils and those like that but he wasn't much the type to eat light food since he could more than that. Only a proper meal could feed him without him complaining about eating.

Eventually, he found a nice, simple cafe that seems suitable enough for him. It also has some fancy decorations that could calm anypony down, especially him.

As he took a seat outside the outskirts of the cafe, he lifted the menu and examined for a type of breakfast meal. Most of the dishes he scanned didn't seem to fit his type of diet. Like the daffodil sandwich which is probably poisonous to humans, the hay fries that would likely taste like- well... hay(try eating hay and see how it feels), or anything that doesn't look edible to a human like himself. Well, at least there are some options that seems safe enough to eat. He set the menu down for now while he waited for a waiter to come by and take his order.

Finally, he has something to eat that is not made by himself for a change. To tell the truth, He's cooking isn't that bad or anything like that but, as any lazy fourteen year old former secondary school student he hardly care about cooking. And he wasn't the type to listen to his mother about learning new recipes for his daily life, either. As a result, he can only cook three things: Fried eggs, grilled cheese and simple noodles. He normally thought that was enough for him to learn new recipes in his life. But now, he felt ashamed of himself for not listening to his mother for that.

Oh well, he also felt relieved for not learning some of the new dishes her mother tried to teach anyway, most of them involved chicken or meat or anything else that is only carnivores and omnivores are able to eat because he loved eating chicken. Yet, he wasn't the person to just slaughter any chickens from Fluttershy's coop or cows that Applejack has. Luckily for the both of them, he didn't know how to do that anyway. He was specifically not a cruel person at heart and fortunately didn't pay much attention about how to slaughter a cow after fasting month has passed. It's probably some of those nasty moments and heavy gore nearly made him vomit.

On an another topic entirely, he wasn't the teenager to drink alcohol. He's obviously not mature enough to drink and with his strong grip on religion, it forbidden him to do so anyway. He was glad to choose a path where he wouldn't be lost and drunk for the rest of his life. Though, that thought reminds him of this one special occasion. More likely a near disaster to hell.


There was this one time Applejack invited all her friends including Mathew to drink her famous apple cider to celebrate Mathew's success on the popularity of his videos. Mathew had the invitation as well. After he read the information, he felt sceptical of the idea. But he only came because he didn't want to hurt his friends feelings. Everypony who went there took a drink except Mathew himself, who stayed out of their way by standing a few metres from them as far as possible but still being in their field of vision for the rest of the evening.

Applejack noticed that Mathew was far off in the distance away from them. Applejack thought he just wanted out because he was shy about something, according to her. She got up and walked towards Mathew, who noticed her approaching and expectedly started to panic, offered him the drink closely to his chest but he was quick enough to side-step the attack.

"Mathew come on, it's just a mug. It wouldn't hurt, wouldn't it?" She brought the mug closer to him.

Mathew managed to pushed it further way from him with a long and tough stick he grabbed from the ground.

Pinkie was able to witness that and joins in to help Applejack by using persuasion.

Aww, Mathew. Just a teeny tiny sip wouldn't kill you." she tried.

"No, I can't. I just can't."the position of jolting of his stick went off balance and was able to tip the wooden mug and spilt all of the content.

The ponies were shocked to see his action and formed a line facing Mathew. They asked him why he couldn't just simply drink the cider.

Mathew carefully explained to them how alcohol isn't good for his age and it is against his religion. The ponies had listened about everything of what he has to say about it. When he finished, the ponies felt ashamed of themselves and apologised for being selfish.

Mathew kindly forgave them all that day because he understood that they didn't know anything about that. Because he didn't tell them earlier. Maybe it's just panic, adrenaline and other actions distracted him from doing so. He added that he could've said it before that recently happened to let them know but the thought never occured to him until that terrifying evening. He later excused himself and made his leave back home to sleep off from that near incident earlier that evening.


That incident made Mathew tremble in fear and hoped he isn't going to recall that event ever again. And he also crossed his fingers and hoped his friends won't mention about it either. It just puts him off for the rest of the day feeling rather depressed.

He was suddenly warped back into reality when he noticed a figure standing beside his table. He turned his head to find a waitress was waiting patiently to get his order. Mathew apologised her for being in his mind for too long and delaying her time. The waitress replied that he shouldn't bother about it much and she was fine with it. She understood of what he was doing just now and hadn't the heart to interrupt him.

Mathew gave her a warm smile and she replied with the same thing, both lightly blushing. Things went back to normal after he gave his order to her. A normal English breakfast would suffice him for today. The waitress scribbled down the order using her magic and told him that it won't be long and went back inside.

Mathew decided to do something trivial for now while he is waiting again. So he calmly looked at the cobblestone streets of Ponyville. Where he could see the sunlight shining down on the ponieswho're moving about of their usual business. Others just met together up and having a chat about things.

Mathew sighed in happiness of what he's looking right now. With a gentle breeze that softly gush his skin, nothing dull or unusual happened on the streets. He decided that he would probably want to have another stroll around town someday when he has the time to relax. He could push his stress aside and let in all the relaxation he could get.

His thoughts were interrupted when he heard a gentle strike of a plate beside him. He suddenly turned and could see the content of his breakfast. It consist of mostly herbivorous food like the toast, the fried egg and some baked beans on the side. And all was served only after three minutes when he zoned out. He was surprised yet could evidently tell the waitress wasn't lying about her statement.

He looked at her face and she gave him an 'I told you so' expression. Mathew chuckled slightly at that joke as the waitress went back inside. He turned his head towards his breakfast. Ready to devour into him watery mouth. He picked the toast up gently and was ready to take a bite out of it.

Suddenly, he heard a simultaneous flapping noise out of the corner of his eyes. he turned his head in confusion to see clearly of what's going on.

He saw a some sort of royal chariot with two pegasus night guards commandeering it gently landing down onto the ground with a short and soft skid. Mathew and the others around him was taken back by surprise. Why would a royal chariot be here? He didn't know who's in it, either. And if this chariot suddenly landing here has nothing to do with him, he doubt he will know.

The door of the chariot slowly swung open and a pony exiting out of it. But not just any pony, no. It is much more noble than that. It is... yep, you guessed it. Princess Luna herself climbing out of the chariot.

Ponies in the area was taken by surprise but was able to bow down to show respect for her. Mathew on the other hand, kept his jaw hanging slightly by her sudden appearance. He was totally focused on her and he felt like the world panned, zoomed and slow-motioned around him and the Alicorn( if you get this reference then you're an Assassin's Creed fan.). And for some reason he can't explain a word, nor a letter why he thought any of that happened in his mind.

The night blue Alicorn seems to be searching specifically someone because he noticed her moving her head side to side. Her eyes finally stopped directly on Mathew, who was taken back by more surprises. She motioned her hoof to the ponies so they would halt their bowing for now. She started taking her steps slowly yet elegantly towards Mathew, who was still frozen as ice and his facial expression still the same. She was able to snap Mathew out of his trance by starting to talk.

"Are you Mathew, may I ask?"

Mathew crashed his awareness and shook his head harshly.

"Oh, um... yes." he hastily got up and gracefully took a bow. Luna simply nodded. She then eyed his plate slightly filled with unfinished food.

"It seems that you are busy having your meal, am I correct?" Luna raised a brow while smiling.

"What, no! I'm completely free and basically doing nothing right now. I-I'm good," he lied. She knew he was scared of her for some reason. She took an honest giggle to try and calm him down.

Mathew joined in fearfully because although he didn't find the situation very comfortable, at least all he could do was play along and let the time do its thing.

Luna eventually was able to get the actual goal back on track on why she was here in the first place.

"Well, Sir Mathew. I have been transported here to pick you up." she turned around and slowly went back in the chariot, waiting for Mathew to join in.

"Let us hurry. Do not worry, I do not bite... hopefully," she joked. Mathew wasn't able to see it, though. He's too nervous to notice it at all.

As he walked slowly with other ponies looking at him and whispering something to each other, he also asked to himself who is the pony who wanted him right now so desperately he or she had send an alicorn to get him.

Before he entered the chariot, he was able to stuff his face with the piece of toast he had on his plate and placed his bits on the table. He took a seat opposite of her and closed the door. He later could feel the chariot starting to take off and then up into the turquoise, calm, blue sky.


The journey was quiet along the way. Resulting in occasional awkward eye contact from each other. Mathew mostly tried to avoid any eye contact or a conversation by showing her he's not interested to say or reply anything by looking out from the window. Unfortunately, doing that made him starting to regurgitate.

Eventually, they arrived at their designated destination, a grand castle where Mathew had never heard of before. But in Mathew's case, that wasn't the issue at that moment. He started to feel sick after the ride because he was never okay every time he travelled by aeroplane due to his airsickness.

Luna on the other hand, was entering the castle with no hesitation. Mathew later followed when he was finally starting to feel a little better. Eventually, he can see her turning back to him and quickly beckons him to catch up with her. Mathew took a deep exhale to comfort himself and started to walk faster.


When Luna was leading Mathew around the castle, Mathew decided to ask her a question that was hanging in his mind.

"So, Princess Luna... where are you taking me exactly?"

"Oh, that would be telling,"giggled Luna.

Mathew let out a nervous chuckle. When they arrived at a grand door, Luna halted and Mathew who saw her stopped suddenly, followed suit. The door slowly swung open revealing what seems to Mathew is a magnificent throne room. On the throne itself sat the Sun Goddess, Princess Celestia who according to him wanted him to come here.

Despite the beauty around him, it didn't help Mathew trying not to be any more nervous than he already is. Luna proceeded on while waiting for Mathew to follow. He hesitantly did and tried to walk in professionally.

Princess Celestia noticed their presence and tilted her head up to see Mathew and her sister coming closer. She began to smile and asked Mathew politely to stop while Luna went on and eventually sat on her side of the throne.

Mathew apparently bowed down to show respect but only to receive a snigger by Princess Celestia herself.

"Oh Mathew, there's no need of that," she told him.

"Oh really? Apologies, Your Highness." he couldn't help but scratch his head and let out a small blush.

"It is fine."she smiled,"now I think we all agree we should be back on our actual topic on why you are here,"

"Yes uh, I think that's a good idea right now." Mathew repositioned his feet for a while to avoid aching it.

"Oh, I am terribly sorry. But I think it is better if you would take a seat first somewhere else." she got up and as she walked she motioned him to follow. Which he did without any problem.


Mathew and Celestia entered what seems to Mathew a castle version of a living room. He could tell just by looking at the furniture like two fancy looking sofas, a small glass coffee table with a beautifully embroider table cloth on it, bookshelves surrounding the room and a very big triangular window shining down on the sofas and the coffee table.

Despite the lack of fans or even an air conditioner around there, he somehow felt like comfortably cold in the room. But he'd rather not ask about it though. He didn't want any more talking any more than about why he was here in the first place. It'll just make him more uneasy than he already is.

Celestia took a seat on one sofa and waited Mathew to take the opposite one in front of here. He did it with no hesitation or anything.

Celestia finally broke the silence,
"Now, you will probably going to ask me about why are you here. Am I correct?"

Mathew just nodded in agreement.

" Well I can honestly say that we want to congratulate you on your very successful films you have distributed to your website." Celestia smiled.

At first, he wasn't that clear on what she meant but he eventually understood that what she's actually trying to tell him was she wanted to praise his work on his Youtube videos.

Yet, he wasn't clear on what she meant by ‘we’.

"I'm sorry but who's ‘we’?" he leaned forward.

"Oh, that would be me, my sister who you had met earlier and my student's brother, Shining Armor and his wife," she pointed out.

Mathew let out a surprised ‘whoa’ and looked down, lost in his own thoughts. He didn't knew royalty would watch his videos before. He always thought it would be popular he didn't believe it would be that popular until somepony like Celestia would know about it. Because it's not everyday someone with power on a country would watch her own subject's video.

"Well, this is amazing... I mean- what?" he began to breath harder and faster in disbelief.

"Mathew, are you alright?"Celestia tilted her head to one side.

"Alright? I'm supertastically pumped!"he shouted in happiness and began bouncing everywhere. Not realizing he's probably overreacting at that moment.

Celestia suddenly jumped when he screamed.

"Well at least you are joyed about it."she let out a puzzled look.

Mathew finally got his wits together and stopped bouncing uncontrollably and faced Celestia, feeleing very embarrassed.

"Oh- uh... sorry about that(chuckles embarrassingly)."he scratched his head and his face began to glow red.

"Oh, it's okay. I understand that you are happy,"she sniggered.

"Hold on, I've got a great idea. Why don't have all the royalties around Equestria to react to a video that I had planned to do this morning?"he asked with a very odd looking happy expression on his face.

Celestia was taken back by what he suggested. She didn't knew Mathew would be that ecstatic about making another video featuring her and her sister as well as her other two known associates reacting to a, well... a video.

"Well I am not sure... I have no idea what could happen then." she shrugged.

"Oh come on, it'll be fine. I'll make this video a special appearance one, how does that sound?"Mathew wasn't joking about making it however.

Celestia thought about it for a while. She finally made a decision. Maybe it's worth a shot. Besides, she doesn't do anything exciting besides her usually boring daily schedule.

"Oh well, I suppose we could try..."

She could hear Mathew leaping and shouting with joy. It something that he wanted to do when he comes home anyway. Celestia sighed deeply as she needed some writing to do.

"I'll just begin writing the letters now."


Later that day, the rulers who've recieved Celestia's letters went to Canterlot. Although, Shining Armor and Cadence had a bit of an issue during travelling and did took their time to solve the problem but luckily they managed to get there. And just in time, too.

When Mathew and the Princesses waited for them to come, Mathew had been setting up a quick mini filming studio in of the many rooms in the castle. With some ocassional help from Luna, he's able to get everything in place is ready to use.

"Alright, let's go through the checklist..." he pulled out his checklist that was apparently doodled over a few times. Mathew does that thing when he was bored.

"Okay, computer, check! Lights, check! Camera running well, check! My mouldy sandwich which I kept for no reason at all, uh... check?" he ticked every box excluding the last one.

" Why did I even write the last part?" he tossed the checklist behind him and it coincidentally hit a maid who was unlucky enough to be in the doorway in the face and tumbled down unconcoius.

Mathew somehow didn't noticed what just happen behind him, though. He was pondering on to himself why did he even keep his mouldy sandwich with him. He didn't like it but forsome reason he wanted it when he took it back from Twilight's house. He told himself his brain works in mysterious ways.


Everyone was now on set and was ready to start. With Celestia, Luna, Cadence and Shining Armor finally got into place. Mathew began his countdown he was waiting agonizingly for.

" Alright, we begin in three, two, one, go!"


Royalty Reacts To:
Viral Videos

This Episode:
Numa Numa

The video begins with a chubby person began lip-synching to the sung in a very theatrical and somewhat hilarious way.

Celestia just kept queit with the same pokerface expression and blinking casually for a few times.

"Um, what?" Luna was already baffled and tilt her head back with a confused look. "Okay then..."

Cadence began to chuckle slightly still with another confused look.

"Um, Mathew, What is this?" Shining turned to him with the same puzzled look as everypony else does.

The video continued and the person began to pump his arms up during the song's chorus.

"Okay, this is the most bizarre thing I have seen in my entire life..." Celestia lifted her hoof as she pointed out.

"Mathew can you tell me what's going on?" Luna was starting to feel annoyed when she didn't know what's happening.

Cadence joined in the song by bobbing her head up and down slightly.

Shining placed his face with his hoof trying to ignore the wierd video.

The video was starting to enter the song's second verse. The person still mimicing the voice.

"Well, it seems the song is probably French." Celstia told Mathew.

"Why is this creature even doing this?" Luna was already started to question the video.

Cadence kept going only with her actual voice singing it as a difference.

"Oh dear, when will this end?" Shining planted his face onto the table.

The video kept on going and it started to try almost everypony's patience.

"Okay Mathew. I think I am done here." Celestia sarcastically smiled.

" Well at least this piece is catchy," she said to herself, being impressed.

Cadence began to feel the music in her as she closed her eyes while she's rocking her body left and right slightly and singing beautifully.

"Aargh, stop!" Shining's demand was muffled when his mouth was still on the table.

The video finally ended.

"Well..." Celestia expected an explanation from Mathew.

"I'm not exactly sure how to describe anything I have just seen before." Luna shook her head.

"It's got a good tune," Cadence told Mathew that.


Question Time

What did you saw just now?

"All I could ever tell you was a person lip-synching to a French song." Celestia shrugged by putting it the best way to describe what she had just watched.

"I don't really know anymore." Luna couldn't help but let out a laugh.

"A person singing to a song, I guess?"Cadence tried to answer the best way she could.

"Nothing of my concern." Shining simply made douchy smile.

Was he really singing?

"Oh, I highly doubt he did," Celestia raised her voice when that question was asked.

"He mostly dance rather than doing any actual singing," Luna simply answered with no other questions asked from her.

"To be honest, he didn't but at least he tried something new anyway." Cadence tried not chuckling between her words but some managed to be out.

"No,"Shining coldly replied.

"Okay then..." Mathew thanked him sarcastically.

Why did he chose to do this?

"I have not an idea, you tell me." Celestia faced the camera while asking Mathew.

"To put it simply, he's bored," Luna responded quickly.

"I don't even know anymore." Cadence couldn't contain her laughter anymore.

"He's a sad person, all alone."Shining coldly sympathized.

How did this odd video became viral?

"Because people like you don't have anything better to do, I think?"Celestia had finally told the truth about humanity.

"It did because this is what creatures like you are in a nutshell," Luna smiled gleefully.

"Are you not entertained by this silly video?"Cadence shot back.

"Because people like you don't know what to do, am I right?" Shining let out a hearty chuckle.

Lastly, would you like to watch something like this again?
"No thank you."Celestia teasingly disagreed.

"I don't think so, no." Luna decided not to.

"I feel bad about what I'm about to say, but sadly no." Cadence chuckled some more.

"Definitely not!" Shining exclaimed and went on.

"Because this is what people like you do, right? Well, I'm all out." he lifted his arms in denial.

Author's Note:

Hey guys, I'm so sorry if the characters a bit out of place but I had to rush it. So finally, here's the reaction that all of you have been waiting for the past few months(or is it more?).