• Published 14th Feb 2012
  • 1,264 Views, 4 Comments

My Little Pony: Revolution - JacksonStorm6



A revolution is starting to rise in Equestria. Will Twilight be able to stop it in time?

  • ...
 4
 1,264

Chapter 4

The crowds were gathering in the street, anxious for Celestia's speech. The noise of the crowd seemed to blot out everything else. Two ponies sat at a shop across the street from all the commotion.

“Okay, you are only going to have a small window of opportunity to do this.” One of the ponies was saying to the other. She was doing her best to keep her face hidden from prying eyes. Her accomplice, a male unicorn, nodded in agreement.

“And if I'm to be caught?” he asked.

“Your family will be taken care of. We already have someplace where we can move them, if we need to.”

“Your organization is very well prepared.”

“We have been waiting for an opportunity like this. We have had some time to make arrangements.” She dropped a small bag on the table. “Now I know that you have already received payment, but here is something extra.”

“Assuming I don't get caught.” He took the bag from the table. “What about her assistant, Ms. Sparkle?”

“Do whatever you can not to harm her. She will be an asset we can't afford to lose.” She watched as the colt got up to leave. “Good luck.”

“Yeah, I'll need it.” he said without looking back. The mare watched as he started to make his way through the crowd, before disappearing within it. A few minutes later, trumpets blared, signaling Celestia's arrival.

The mare got up and made her way outside, finding a good vantage point to watch the mission go down.



Twilight stood off to Celestia's side through the speech, watching over the crowds. Everypony seemed to hang off of every word spoken by the princess. She was only halfway through her speech, detailing her plans for the next few years.

Twilight had a nagging feeling in the pit of her stomach. She initially wrote it off, thinking that being in front of the crowd was causing it. She thought that it should have gone away at this point, but it just kept coming back. She kept scanning the crowd, looking for anything suspicious. Nothing stood out, until she saw somepony, a male unicorn, trying to get closer to the podium.

The Princess paused, allowing the crowd to applaud for a moment, before continuing. But before she could, a shout rang out from amongst the crowd. “FOR EQUESTRIA!” Everypony looked around, trying to find who it was. Twilight was the first to see. It was the male unicorn.

“FOR THE REVOLUTION!” he shouted, unwrapping a piece of cloth. Using his magic, he hurled a sharpened metal shard in the direction of the princess. She was able to stop it right before it could impale her. Seeing his failed attempt, the unicorn tried to escape through the panicking crowds.

“After him!” Twilight and the princess shouted in unison. A group of mares dressed in Royal Equestrian Army garb pushed their way into the crowd, seizing the unicorn. They brought him back to the stage, where the princess awaited them.

“Scramble your fliers.” Twilight said to Rainbow Dash, who promptly threw a salute at her. “I want them watching for anything else.” Rainbow Dash took off, beckoning a group of pegasi to follow her. Twilight looked over the remainder of the crowd, most trying to get back to their homes, when she spotted another suspicious looking pony. This one was watching from an alleyway, her face covered by a scarf. When she saw Twilight looking at her, she turned around and disappeared into the alley.

“Stop that pony!” Twilight called out, pointing to the alley. But she knew that it was already too late. She turned back around and faced Celestia. “What now?”

“We return to Canterlot.” Celestia responded. “We're going to see what our new friend has to say for his actions.”