• Published 14th Feb 2012
  • 1,261 Views, 4 Comments

My Little Pony: Revolution - JacksonStorm6



A revolution is starting to rise in Equestria. Will Twilight be able to stop it in time?

  • ...
 4
 1,261

Chapter 3

Twilight walked through the main entrance of the offices of the Royal Air Force. She was still a bit confused by her conversation with Pinkie. Not that it was the first time Pinkie has ever acted strange, but this was.....different.

“Can I help you?” the pony at the receptionist desk asked. Twilight hadn't been paying attention, and now she found herself outside of the Sky Marshall's office.

“Oh, I'm sorry.” Twilight replied. “I'm here to see the Sky Marshall.”

“We can't just let anypony in to see her. Do you have an appointment?”

“I was sent here by the princess.”

“That doesn't answer my question.”

“How about this, you tell her that there is an old friend here to see her.”

The Receptionist hesitated for a moment. “Okay, fine.” She got up from the desk and walked to the office door, which she knocked on three times before poking her head in. “Ma'am, there's an 'old friend' here to see you. She says it's important.”

“Send her in.” the receptionist walked back to her desk.

“Thank you.” Twilight said, passing her and entering the office of the Sky Marshall. A light blue Pegasus was near the back of the office, her back turned to Twilight, looking over a table with a map of Equestria on it.

“So, which 'old friend' is here to interrupt me today?” she asked, studying the map intently.

“Why don't you turn around and see for yourself.” Twilight replied. Her voice startled the pegasus, as she turned her attention to Twilight.

“Twilight! I wasn't expecting to see you here!” Rainbow Dash said, a big grin appearing on her face. “How have you been?”

“I've been good.” Twilight replied. She tried not to pay attention to the eye patch over Dash's left eye. “You know, working for the princess and all that good stuff. How've you been since the....” She couldn't bring herself to say it.

Rainbow Dash could tell that it still bothered her. “I've been great. Membership is at an all time high. Would you like something to drink?” She asked, walking back over to her desk. She poured herself a small glass of scotch.

“No thanks, I'm fine.”

“Suit yourself.” She took a drink. “You know, you shouldn't feel bad about it.”

“About what?”

“Come on, Twi. You can't bring yourself to even talk about it anymore. Look, what happened back then happened, and I don't hold it against you.”

“I know you don't, but I do. It was all my fault.”

“Dammit, no it wasn't! Stop blaming yourself!” Dash took another drink. “There was a lot that happened during that time that we couldn't prevent. My eye was one of those things.”

“But you act like it's nothing!”

“That's because it's behind us now.”

Twilight took a moment to consider this. “You know, you're right. I'm sorry.”

“You shouldn't be the one apologizing, I snapped at you. Sorry, old friend.” She finished off her drink. “Anyway, I don't think that's the reason that you came by today, is it?”

“No, it's not.” Twilight handed the folder over. “These are the revised flight plans that the princess came up with.”

“Oh, for the address in Manehattan?”

“You know it.”

“What is she planning? There's been some real hype about it.”

“I don't know. She likes to keep stuff like that to herself.”

“Heh, right hand pony and you don't even know what she's doing. Anyway, I'll have the teams review these.”

“Sounds good.”

“Excuse me, ma'am.” the receptionist said, poking her head into the office. “You've got another group of recruits to address.”

“Ah, thank you. Would you like to come along, Twi?”

“Certainly. Might as well see what will be Equestria's finest.”