• Published 30th May 2013
  • 971 Views, 19 Comments

Dimensional Battle Royale - RazortheAwesome



Two OCS are drawn together from random universes in order to fight each other to the death in the hopes of not only leaving the so called game alive, but also to save the universe that they come from.

  • ...
5
 19
 971

Chapter 2

*Seth*

As I ran around the ruins of this version of Canterlot, a million and one things ran through my head. Most of them involved trying to survive so I can see Rainbow again. As I passed a half buried cafe sign, I stopped in my tracks to see a yellow earth pony stallion with an aqua blue mane standing in front of a still-standing brick building.

He cracked his neck and put on a look like he was about to attack. I started to charge up my horn to fight back.

Suddenly, a blue minotaur jumped down from atop the building and landed behind the earth pony. The earth pony turned around only to have the right side of his head to meet a wooden club. Upon impact, the earth pony was sent temporarily through the air and rolled a few feet after he hit the ground, leaving a trail of blood in his wake. I looked at him for a few moments, seeing that he wasn’t getting up. The minotaur just put on a smug grin.

“One down.” He said as he turned to me. “What do you think of that, Mr. Pajama-Wearing, Basket-Face, Slipper-Wielding, Clype-Dreep-Bachle, Gether-Uping-Blate-Maw, Bleathering, Gomeril, Jessie, Oaf-Looking, Scooner, Nyaff, Plookie, Shan, Milk-Drinking, Soy-Faced Shilpit, Mim-Moothed, Sniveling, Worm-Eyed, Hotten-Blaugh, Vile-Stoochie, Cally-Breek-Tattie?”

“The buck did you just say?” I asked, tilting my head in confusion.

“You heard me, lad.”

“I did, and no offence, but I couldn’t understand most of it. Wait, why am I saying no offence? We’re about to try to kill each other!”

“Good point,” he said before he charged at me with his club in the air.

I put up a magic bubble-shield around myself right as he reached me and brought the club down onto the shield, which to my shock, shattered instantly.

Luckily, I was able to teleport about 30 feet away right before he was able to hit me.

‘What the buck?!’ I asked myself. ‘That shield’s kept me safe from a manticore before and this guy destroyed it like it was glass! I know minotaurs are strong, but holy crap!’

He started charging at me again. I useed my weapon spawning spell to summon a tomahawk, which I threw right at him.

The minotaur, while still running at me, just swung his club and knocked it away. It soon turned into a red mist that quickly faded away.

As he reached me again I spawned my sword of choice, a rapier, to try to block his attack.

Our weapons clashed, both trying to overpower the other. At first it seemed even, but then I noticed that the back of my blade getting closer to my face. The minotaur was then able to knock my blade out of my magical grasp (I had no Idea you could even do that without hitting the horn). My sword vanished and he brought his club up to attack.

I once again teleported, this time right behind him, and with electricity flowing around my horn. Electricity which I shot right at him before he had the chance to turn around.

He jumped a bit and turned around quickly, looking more annoyed than anything.

‘OH COME ON! THAT DID NOTHING?!’

The next thing I knew, he had one of his hands wrapped around my throat and he started to lift me off the ground. I coughed a bit as he started to strangle me. To avoid him crushing my windpipe, I instinctively teleported out of his grasp.

When I reappeared several yards away, I heard him shout, “Stop running, ya coward!” as I took a moment to catch my breath.

I looked up to see him running at me yet again. This time though, I got an idea. Since he was still a ways away from me, I used a spell that trapped his legs in the ground. He got a look of confusion before trying to pull himself out. While he was doing that I noticed the brick building he jumped off of and got an idea.

‘Well, I’ve hit Queen Chrysalis in the face with a brick before.’

I used my magic to try to pull out some of the loose bricks from the building, but nothing seemed to budge, at least until I heard a loud cracking sound. The minotaur seemed to have heard it too, since he stop pulling on his legs to look at the building, which started to tip over.

Even from the distance away I was at I could see the huge “Oh shit” look on his face as the building fell on him, burying him under several tons of rubble.

‘Well... That works, I guess.’ I though to myself before running off.

*Razor*

It took several moments for the white to clear from Razor’s eyes. When it did, he found himself standing in the middle of one of the many streets in the ruined Canterlot. He stopped for a minute to look around. He actually recognized this street, he’d been down it before back when he lived here with Daedalus. He saw one of the coffee shops that he’d seen on occasion but never actually went to. It’s windows were smashed in and all of the tables and chairs that stood outside were destroyed. Whether that was from a previous game or something else Razor couldn’t tell, but either way, things did not go well here. The inside didn’t look much better, as it seemed the building had caved in some time ago.

One of the other buildings he saw was a little pastry shop across the street. While before it seemed an ideal place for a pastry shop, since on one side of the street one could get coffee while on the other, delicious pastries awaited, now there wasn’t even anything left. The entire building was gone. In it’s place was a large pile of rubble that could have been a building if it was all put back together again, but for now it was just a pile of stone, bricks, and whatever else was used to hold the building together.

The sound of something crashing took Razor’s attention away from the remains of the buildings. Instantaneously he drew his attention down the street in front of him. Though he couldn’t see any other ponies down it, he knew that wherever that sound had come from, it was close. Either way, he couldn’t stay here.

He ran down the street as quickly he could and took a hard right at the first intersection he saw.

‘The f*** is going on!?’ he thought to himself as he ran through the city. ‘One second I’m in my house, the next I’m suddenly here where some insane pony in a tower tells me I have to kill everyone here or my universe dies. He can’t be serious, and why me? Why would he pick me to fight for my universe out of the several million ponies in Equestria that probably could fight better than I could. So why me?’ As he skidded to a half at another intersection to make a hard left, another thought crossed his mind. ‘Wait, if I somehow die then everypony else in my universe dies. Does that mean that Daedalus dies too?’

His thought was interrupted when he turned down another street, only to come face to face with another pony, an earthpony stallion. He was larger than Razor. He was no Daedalus or Big Macintosh, but still, he was larger than average. His coat was dark grey and he had a short, orangish, almost copper mane. His cutie mark resembled a red electrical bolt in a black triangle, like an electrical sign almost.

The moment the two saw each other, they stopped. The earthpony spread his legs out as if he were about to charge. Razor was hesitant at first, but the more he thought about it, the more the situation came back to bite him.

‘There really is no other way out of this is there?’ The moment that Razor finished that thought, he let out the breath he didn’t realize he’d been holding in and put on the most confidant face he could. His horn then began to glow with a green aura as an orange ball of fire appeared next to him.

“Come at me bro,” he said to his challenger.

Right before Razor could even finish the last word, a large buffalo wearing a feather headband of some kind came out from the road to the right, charged into the earthpony at a high enough speed that would put most ponies to shame, and knocked him back like a golf club to a ball. The force of the buffalo’s charge was enough to send the earthpony flying several yards until he crashed into one of the buildings down the road, upon which he crashed through the stone walls of the building and flew right into it. The moment he building’s outer surface was ruptured, the building itself began to shake as the entire thing came down on the pony, burying him inside.

Razor had to stop for a moment and do a double take as he felt both his fireball disappear and his eyes threaten to burst out of his skull. By all accounts, as far as he knew, that should not have been possible. Granted, he had never met many buffalos in his life, but still, hitting somepony that hard was not a normal thing to do. The buffalo then looked right at Razor. Red paint ran down his eyes, and even though Razor was no expert on buffalos, he could clearly tell that it was war paint of some kind.

“I’m sorry,” the buffalo said right as he turned and charged full force at Razor. Razor quickly shook his head to regain himself as the buffalo ran towards him. Right before it could hit him though, Razor jumped up into the air over it. The buffalo ran right under Razor as flipped over it and landed back on his hooves.

With Razor no longer in front of him, the buffalo skidded to a halt and turned himself around to face Razor again. With no other way out of his, Razor put his look of confidence back on.

Mehrunes Dagon Razor vs The Buffalo

Buried Alive by Combichrist

“I’m sorry too,” Razor replied to the buffalo as three fireballs appeared around him. The buffalo didn’t bother to acknowledge Razor’s words as he charged forward right at him again. Razor waited several moments, then threw all three of his fireballs right at the buffalo. However, the buffalo just closed his eyes and kept running, his fur was charred black as the fireballs had clearly hit him, but he didn’t slow down at all.

“Oh shit,” Razor said to no one in particular as he leapt to his left just moments before the buffalo had hit him. The buffalo charged right past him for a few meters until he tripped over one of his legs and tumbled to the ground. Razor landed on his hooves again just in time to see the buffalo crash into the ground and slide for several feet until he crashed into a street lamp on the edge of the road, which bent to his shape upon impact.

Razor just kept his eyes on the downed buffalo. Experience had taught him not to let his guard down just yet, especially now. The Buffalo’s face was almost completely charred, almost black, and the facepaint that ran over his eyes was now gone as a result. The feather headband that rested on top of his head was gone as well, as it was little more than ash. His eyes twitched a little and he gritted his teeth in pain. Even though Razor’s fire didn’t stop the buffalo, it did do something. Still, Razor didn’t relax just yet.

After a few moments of laying still, the buffalo opened his eyes and looked right at Razor. The look he shot him was different than before. Where before he showed sorrow and a bit of empathy for the actions he was about to commit, now there was only rage and anger. Razor’s expression didn’t change as he stood his ground. His horn began to glow with not only its green aura, but his fire as well as he prepared himself whatever was to come.

Without any hesitation or signs of fatigue, the buffalo jumped back to his feet. He didn’t take his eyes off of Razor, and Razor never took his eyes off of him. With his eyes still on Razor, the buffalo turned his head back to the street lamp, opened his mouth and bit the base. He then threw his two front hooves around it and started to lift.

‘No,’ Razor thought to himself as he saw that. The ground below the lamp post began to crack. ‘No f***ing way!’ The buffalo didn’t even wait for Razor to finish his thought before he, with what seemed like Heraclean strength, lifted the lamp post up out from the ground, swung it around as if it were a stick and threw it right at Razor.

Before it could touch him, Razor reached out with his magic and caught it. The mental strain that hit Razor the second the thing was in his magical grasp nearly knocked him back. He may have been holding it with his magic, but it still felt like he was lifting up a whole cart full of supplies. Basically, it still felt heavy even in his magic.

The buffalo, seeing this opportunity, charged right at Razor again just as fast as before. Razor, using the momentum of the lamp post, spun it around and with one extra touch, lit the entire thing on fire before throwing it back at the buffalo. The buffalo didn’t even slow down as he leapt right over the flaming lamp post as it flew right under him and back into the building behind where it once stood.

The buffalo flew over the lamp post and came down right where Razor was standing. Razor quickly jumped to his left to avoid him. Right as the buffalo landed, he dug his front hooves into the ground skidded across the ground and using his own momentum, turned himself left. He then leap at Razor again, who only leapt to his left again. This repeated about three more times. After the fifth time, the buffalo simply turned left again and leapt at Razor, who leapt to his right, and then again right behind the buffalo. The buffalo jumped up and spun himself around so that he was facing Razor, he then leapt one last time right at him. Before the buffalo could touch Razor however, there was a flash of green light.

The buffalo stopped where he was and frantically looked around for Razor, only to turn around and see him standing about 30 feet away from him down one of the other streets. The buffalo kicked the ground with his back left leg, then his right before he got into charging position again. Razor didn’t move. All around the buffalo, several spots on the ground began to glow orange for a moment.

Right as the buffalo lifted his legs up to charge, six fire seals appeared on the ground all around him. In an instant, the six seals exploded into massive balls of fire that flew up above the buildings. That didn’t stop the buffalo though, as he charged right through the flames and right towards Razor again. More of his coat was charred, and several spots where actually on fire, but none of that stopped him as he charged forward.

‘Oh shit!’ Razor mentally screamed at himself as he put up a magical barrier around himself just as the buffalo reached him. The buffalo crashed into the barrier, but didn’t stop, he just kept pushing on it. Razor dug all of hooves into the ground in an attempt to keep himself from moving, but he barely held on. While neither of them moved any farther back, to Razor it was like he was trying to fight against a freight train.

‘You’ve got to be Celestia damn kidding me! What in tartarus is this motherf***er made of!?’ Razor thought to himself as he kept trying to hold the buffalo back. The more the buffalo pushed on his magical shield, the more Razor had to fight to keep standing due to the migraine headaches he was receiving from the magical strain. ‘F***, I won’t be able to hold out at this rate,’ Razor thought to himself before an idea hit him. ‘Wait.’

It was at that moment that a small crack started to form on Razor’s barrier, right where the buffalo was pushing on it. A crack which quickly grew until it encompassed the whole barrier. It didn’t even take long at all for the barrier to shatter like glass once the cracks reached all the way around it. Razor jumped back and to his left right as the buffalo charged right through his shattered shield. The moment he did, all the shattered bits of his shield suddenly burst into flames and exploded like firecrackers.

The buffalo closed his eyes and winced in pain as several explosions went off in his face. As he did he dug his hooves into the ground and spun around to face Razor as he skidded to a halt. The moment he had turned himself around however, his face met Razor’s left hoof as Razor ran up and punched him. Razor then followed with a swing from his right hoof, and then again with his left, and again with his right. While Razor had put a generous amount of magic into each of his blows to make them more powerful, he still wasn’t entirely sure if they were doing anything. Still, each hit he made did send the buffalo reeling back a bit.

After his fifth blow to the buffalo's face, Razor swung his right hoof upwards and hit the buffalo right in his jaw with an uppercut, a move which hurt Razor’s hoof a little. Razor didn’t stop though, right as the buffalo stepped back a little from Razor’s blow, Razor ran forward, jumped up, and hit the buffalo in jaw again with his left knee. The second after that blow connected, fire engulfed Razor’s right rear hoof. With the application of another small, magical barrier beneath his left, rear hoof, Razor stepped off of it and launched himself farther into the air, flipped himself backwards and kicked the buffalo right in the face with his flaming right hoof. A trail of fire followed Razor’s hoof as he flipped through the air as the buffalo was really knocked back.

Right as Razor landed back on his hooves, his horn flared with magic as he stood up on his hind legs and held out both his forehooves. The ends of both his hooves became engulfed in flames. Right as the buffalo regained his composure and looked forward right at Razor, Razor brought both his hooves together and a large explosion went off right in front of him. The explosion rocked the entire street as every building around him shook. The fire from the explosion even reached higher than some of the buildings around him. If Razor’s previous attacks didn’t have any chance of being seen before, this one definitely did.

Razor just stood where he was on his hind hooves breathing hard. After a moment, he fell back on all four of his hooves and just stared forward at the inferno in front of him. He couldn’t see through it, but he couldn’t see any movement in it either other than the flames.

“Stay down,” Razor said as he turned around and started to walk away. Before he could take any more than a few steps however, the buffalo came charging out from the flames, his fur completely covered in fire. Razor quickly jumped up into the air, flipped over the buffalo as he charged right under him, and landed back on his hooves as he watched the buffalo keep charging forward. The buffalo kept going until he charged right into a nearby building. The building shook violently for a moment before it collapsed right on top of him.

Razor could only watch in awe at what he had just seen. In all honestly, he couldn’t even believe that buffalo has just survived an attack like that. He kept his eyes on the building for a few more moments, but no movement came from it. It was as still and silent as it had been before either of them got here. Razor then looked down the road to his left. It was empty, no pony or creature was there that he could see. He then looked back towards the destroyed building, then back to the road, then back to the building. While under normal circumstances, he knew what he would have done, right now he was not under normal circumstances.

Without even wasting another moment to think about it, he turned and ran down the road.

*Seth*

I heard a sound in the distance that, in all honesty, sounded not that much different from the sound of me dropping that building onto that minotaur, which I swear if he survived that I won’t have any idea what else to do to him.

I ran down the empty streets, ran around a dented trash can that was laying in the middle of the road. All while I kept hearing the sounds of combat in many different directions. Some notable sounds included, some breaking glass, a male sounding voice shouting “My leg!” and a huge roar.

That one made me stop in my tracks as I remembered that there was a dragon among us. Which made me flash back to my fight with Lord Drez about a year ago and how he just destroyed me, and he was only half-dragon. So yeah, I kinda hoped that somepony else would take care of that dragon before I ran into it.

Snapping out of it, I looked down the road and see a dark grey, unicorn stallion with a long brown mane, green eyes and what looked like to be an A inside of a circle for a cutie mark, looking back at me.

*Razor*

Razor ran through the streets of this derelict, ruined version of Canterlot away from the buffalo he fought as quickly as he could. Off in the distance he thought he could hear the sound of another building coming down, but he ignored it for now. He had so many things on his mind right now that for the life of him, he couldn’t have noticed it even if he wanted to.

‘I just burned a buffalo alive...’ he thought again and again to himself as he ran. ‘I... I’d never killed anypony before... I...’ It was at that moment that the grim reality of the situation he was in finally hit him. This entire thing really was a fight to the death.

The sounds of combat echoed all around him as he ran through the city. The sound of somepony or something being knocked through glass, the sounds of more buildings being destroyed.

“My leg!” Razor heard another stallion shout from somewhere close to him. The moment he turned to look though, the sound of an incredibly large roar hit his ears. At that, Razor stopped dead in his tracks and looked up to see the black dragon he'd seen before up on the side of one of the taller buildings. It stayed there for only a moment before it pushed itself off of the building and flew down into the city somewhere.

To say that Razor was thankful to Celestia that the dragon hadn’t noticed him would have been a HUGE understatement. He’d never fought a dragon before, but it was an experience he sure as tartarus didn’t want to have.

Once he was sure that the dragon was gone, Razor broke into a gallop and kept running through the city, only to come to another abrupt stop a few moments later when he turned left down another road and ran into another pony staring back at him, a unicorn stallion with a pure black coat that was darker than his, red eyes, a purple mane, and a grey, upside down star for a cutie mark.