• Published 30th May 2013
  • 970 Views, 19 Comments

Dimensional Battle Royale - RazortheAwesome



Two OCS are drawn together from random universes in order to fight each other to the death in the hopes of not only leaving the so called game alive, but also to save the universe that they come from.

  • ...
5
 19
 970

Chapter 10

*Meanwhile, in Seth’s Universe*

Rainbow Dash, after clearing the clouds for the day, flew out above the everfree forest where within about a minute she reached her destination, a small hut in the middle of the forest.

Rainbow knocked on the door three time and waited a few seconds. Then the door opened to reveal a certain zebra.

“Well this is a surprise, what brings you here from out of the skies?” Zecora asked Rainbow.

“Hey, Zecora, I… I need your help... It’s about Seth.” Rainbow said.

“Are you and your husband having trouble in bed? Is that why you stopped by my shed? A remedy I can make, but I will need to stop by the lake.”

“What?! Oh no no no no no. We’re fine there, trust me. It’s just… Seth’s gone missing. Yesterday he disappeared right in front of me and Twilight, and we haven’t seen him since. Twilight even tried a tracker spell, but it didn't work. I just thought maybe you could think of something.”

Zecora thought about that for a few seconds and said, “I may be able to help you see the location of your spouse, follow me, Rainbow Dash, into my house.”

The two mares then walked into Zecora's hut where she grabbed two bottles full of liquid, one red, one blue, as well as a bag of green powder.

“So, what are you going to do with those exactly?” Rainbow asked.

Zecora sat down at her cauldron and motioned for Rainbow to sit down next to her, “With these ingredients and this pot, we may see Seth no matter where he is to trot.” With that, Zecora poured both bottles into the pot at the same time. The liquids mixed to form a purple color. Then as soon as she was done with that, Zecora held up the powder and said, “Above my head this powder I rise, bring the image of Seth Disarmonia before our eyes.” She then threw the powder into the pot, creating a cloud of smoke which quickly cleared.

Suddenly, in the liquid, an image of two ponies appeared. Both of them were unicorn stallions, one was black, and the other was more of a dark grey. They appeared to be running towards some sort of tall building.

“Seth!” Rainbow shouted happily.

“Before you rejoice, I am sorry to tell you that he cannot hear your voice.”

Rainbow looked down at the cauldron and said, “Yeah I kinda figured that. At least now I know that he’s okay. Whose that pony that he's with though? I don't recognize him.” Zecora just shrugged at that, signaling that she didn't know either. After that, the image disappeared.

“I hope this deed has helped you in your time of need.”

“Yeah it did, thank you, Zecora,” after a few seconds Rainbow said, “Hey Zecora could I ask you something?”

“What do you want to know? Will it help your woe?”

“I’m just wondering why when I said I needed your help with something that involved Seth, your mind instantly jumped to me asking for vihaygra?”

“You wouldn’t be the first married mare to come up to me and ask for such a remedy,” Zecora said with a sly smile.

Rainbow just raised an eyebrow at that and said, “Well, thanks for the help. Now I feel a little better. I’ll see you later.”

“I’ll see you soon, and have a pleasant afternoon.” Zecora said to Rainbow as she left her hut.

*Meanwhile, in Razor’s Universe*

Daedalus sat on his couch reading the newspaper, as he was want to do. He was in the middle of reading an article about how the recent rise of actual gods basically proved that Celestia and Luna either were or weren’t actually goddesses when he heard a knock on his front door. With all the charisma of a pony of was ABSOLUTELY LIVID, he threw the newspaper on the coffee table before getting up and walking over to the door just as another frantic knock came from it.

“FOR THE LAST TIME!!!” he screamed as he threw open the door to see a very panicked looking Twilight Sparkle on the other side. “ I DON’T GIVE TWO MEASLY F***S ABOUT WHETHER MY ROOMMATE IS DEAD OR N-!!”

“THAT’S NOT IMPORTANT RIGHT NOW!!!” Twilight frantically shouted at him. “GREAT CTHULHU HAS RISEN FROM HIS SLUMBER AND HE’S ATTACKING PONYVILLE!!!”

At that, Daedalus’s eyes suddenly went as wide as dinner plates, but that only lasted for a second before his expression returned to that of a pony who could give less than zero f***s and closed the door in Twilight’s face.

Daedalus’ Finest Hour

Il Triello (The Trio) by Ennio Morricone

Daedalus stood there with his hoof on the door for a few moments before he took in a deep breath, and then released. He then slowly dropped his hoof to the floor and spun around. He stood there for a only a moment before he stomped his hoof on the floor and looked up with all the confidence and vigor of a pony who knew what he had to do, a pony with a purpose.

With his head held high, he walked towards the back of his house. Past the living, past the kitchen and under the stairs, he encountered a door. A door that he never normally opened, as he normally had no need to go beyond the portal that was this door, but today, today he did. He opened the door to the cellar and looked down the very dimly lit stairwell that led into the unknown depths of the cellar.

Without slowing down or an ounce of hesitation, Daedalus descended the steps into the cellar, the light from upstairs providing more than enough light for him to see.

The cellar of Razor and Daedalus’ house was lined with all kinds of things, trinkets, and various other miscellaneous objects that Daedalus didn’t normally keep anywhere else in this house. Wine, architecture plans, old photos, books, all of it was here, but there was only one thing down here that Daedalus needed, and he knew just where to find it.

Past the wine, and past the old photos, Daedalus walked through the cellar until he reached one particular book shelf. The contents of said shelf weren't anything to brag about, nor were they anything out of the ordinary really. Sure, Twilight Sparkle would have liked to have gotten her hooves on some of them, but it wasn’t like Daedalus wasn’t the only pony who had copies of these. However, none of them interested Daedalus.

Using his wings, Daedalus flew up a bit until he reached the seventh level of the shelf. Five books over from the left, he found the one he was looking for. Once he found the one, he pulled it off the shelf, and then another one, and then another, and another. With those three books gone, behind them lay the object of Daedalus sought. Behind the books, was a very intricate lock. A lock designed by Daedalus himself. A lock that only he knew how to open. A lock that was as much a part of the shelf and the house as Daedalus was himself.

Without an ounce of hesitation, again, Daedalus stuck his hoof into the lock and twisted it in a way that only he knew how. After a series of clicks, the lock finally opened, and Daedalus pulled his hoof away as the secret compartment behind the shelf guarded by the lock opened. Behind the lock, hidden by everything else in the cellar, lay a secret that not even Razor knew. Something that not even Daedalus parents knew, that nopony knew.

Again, without even an ounce of hesitation, doubt, or even emotion, for he had none, Daedalus reached into the secret compartment behind the shelf and pulled out a brown, leather bound book. He brought the book close to him and blew all of the dust off it it as he held it in his hooves.

As he slowly descended from the air, he opened the book and silently flipped through it for a moment. After a few flips, his eyes caught something, something he needed. At that sight, the brimming confidence in him seemed to increase a thousandfold as he closed the book and looked up.

“I am needed,” he said.

After a few more minutes, the front door to his house opened up again, and Twilight Sparkle saw Daedalus standing in the doorway with the book tucked under his left wing. Without saying anything, he walked out of his house and towards Ponyville. Twilight followed behind him, the look on her face betrayed her actual thoughts. She was nervous, afraid even. She was sweating bullets, and even twitching a little bit, but Daedalus… Daedalus showed nothing.

He just walked towards Ponyville with his head held high, because that was what he was. A pony who showed no fear, no anger, no hope, no compassion, no greed, no love. He was a pony who gave absolutely zero f***s.

Author's Note:

status: edited