• Published 30th May 2013
  • 971 Views, 19 Comments

Dimensional Battle Royale - RazortheAwesome



Two OCS are drawn together from random universes in order to fight each other to the death in the hopes of not only leaving the so called game alive, but also to save the universe that they come from.

  • ...
5
 19
 971

Chapter 11

*Seth*

So the plan seemed simple enough. Step one, get into the tower, step two, find The Stallion in the High Tower, step three, kick his flank. There was just one major roadblock in this plan, there was no way into the tower. No doors, windows, or anything. It was just a large column of stone.

“So any ideas?” Razor asked.

“I don’t know, maybe we can teleport inside, though that could be risky. We could try to blast a hole through the wall, or I can use my modified gem finding spell to tear down part of the wall.” I said while examining the tower, but when I looked over to Razor to see what he thought, I noticed that he was no longer next to me. In fact, I noticed that I was no longer in front of the High Tower. I was now surrounded by familiar cloud walls.

I was home.

*Razor*

“What……. the……. f***?” was all Razor could say as he looked around. All he did was blink, and suddenly he no longer found himself in the ruined version of Canterlot at the foot of the High Tower. Rather, he was back in Ponyville.

He frantically looked all around him, as any and all logic he had told him that he shouldn’t be here. After all, he clearly still remembered the ruined Canterlot and all the fighting he had to go through just to get to the High Tower, but here he was, in Ponyville, just as he remembered it. Frantically, he still looked around, looking for something that would let him get his bearings, when suddenly he turned around again and saw…. Golden Oaks Library.

“Razor!” a very familiar voice suddenly shouted at Razor before a single thought could enter his mind. Instinctively, he turned back around to meet the pony shouting at him, but when he did, his vision was suddenly filled with the sight of an oncoming Twilight Sparkle. Before he could do or even say anything, she suddenly leapt towards him, threw her hooves around him, and practically tackled him to the ground. “Oh thank Celestia you’re okay!” Twilight said to him as she hugged him for all he was worth. “You were gone for so long. You have no idea how worried I was.”

“Twi…. Twi...light?” Razor barely managed to choke out before Twilight suddenly pressed her mouth against his and kissed him. The moment his somewhat rational mind could comprehend what was going on, Razor’s body froze and his eyes shot open as went as wide as they possibly could as Twilight’s tongue wrapped around his. As many questions as he had right now, and as confused as he knew he should have been, any rational thoughts he had immediately flew out of his head the moment he remembered that he was, in fact, kissing Twilight.

Before long, Razor let go as he closed his eyes and leaned up into Twilight’s kiss. They stayed there for several moments, but for Razor, it felt like an eternity, an eternity he didn’t want to leave. Eventually, after however long was necessary for them, they let go and opened their eyes, if only to take a breath. As they did, Razor opened his eyes and stared up into Twilight’s. Like her kiss, he found himself lost in them, and he didn’t want to leave.

*Seth*

“What... the hell...” I said, confused at what just happened. I mean, seriously how am I back home? Was this all just a dream and I just woke up now? No, if it was then why would I be in the middle of the living room, unless I’m sleepwalking.

Boy wouldn’t that be the last thing I need. I already get visits from beings who want to take over Equestria and/or kill me in my dreams. The last thing I need is to start sleepwalking.

“Seth!” I suddenly heard from behind me, and I turned to see a certain rainbow maned pegasus mare.

“Rainbow? What’s going on?” I asked.

“What do you mean?”

“What am I doing here?”

“You live here, remember?” she said, raising an eyebrow. “Married couples tend to live together.”

“No, I mean… I wasn’t in here a minute ago. I was in Canterlot, but a different version of it that was in ruins. There were other ponies, minotaurs, buffalo, and even a dragon brought there to fight to the death. I even ran into Filia and this guy named Razor, but now I'm suddenly here. I don’t understand what’s up with this.”

Rainbow tilted her head a little and said, “Are you sure you weren’t dreaming or something?”

“That table I was sent through sure as hell felt real.” I muttered.

*Razor*

“I love you, Razor,” Twilight said to him in the sauciest voice he had ever heard her say.

“I love you too,” Razor said back to her as he continued to get lost in her beautiful lavender eyes. They stared into each other for what seemed like hours without even so much as moving. Eventually though, part of Razor’s rational mind found itself back home. Hey, um…. Twilight.”

“Yes,” she replied to him without even breaking eye contact. Her voice sounding more and more sweeter, and somehow… more sultry, every time she spoke.

“Not that I don’t like this,” Razor began, also without breaking eye contact. “But umm…”

“Oh,” Twilight said as her face seemed to immediately light up like one of Applejack’s reddest apples. It was as if she seemed to only just now realize what position they were in… in public no less. “Right.” The moment that second word left her mouth, she pulled back (much to Razor’s dismay) and got off of him. She then held out her hoof to Razor to help him up, which he gratefully took.

“Thanks,” he said to her as he good back to his hooves.

“No problem,” Twilight said, the blush on her face not lessening even in the slightest. Since he was up, Razor took a moment to brush himself off, but he only managed to get across one brush of his coat before Twilight threw her hooves around his neck again and kissed him again, this time without tackling him to the ground.

As surprised as Razor was that she kissed him that quickly again, he didn’t let it bother him for more than a millisecond as he leaned back into her kiss and slowly wrapped his own hooves around her. After what was in reality only a full minute, the two of them finally broke apart, though they still wouldn’t let go of each other, and Razor didn’t want to. Eventually though, after a few moments, he had to.

“What day is it?” Razor asked the moment any part of his thoughts managed to get away from Twilight.

“Thursday,” she responded to him.

“Thursday?” Razor asked, now a little confused. “How long was I gone?”

“About a week,” Twilight answered him.

“A week, seriously!” Razor exclaimed, surprised. Not that he hadn’t disappeared for that length of time before, it was just that in the universe he still knew he just came from, it only seemed like he wasn’t gone for more than two days. “Celestia damnit, Daedalus is gonna have a field day with-” Before he could even finish that sentence, the realization of just who he was talking about hit him like an inappropriate slap to the face. “Oh who am I kidding,” Razor said as he brought a hoof to his face. “He probably doesn’t even give a-”

“What are you talking about Razor?” Twilight responded before he could finish with a giggle, which confused him a little. “Daedalus is gone.” If Razor’s rational mind wasn’t back yet, it was now.

“Gone, what do you mean gone!?” Razor asked, now even more confused than he was a moment ago. As much as he wanted to see the guy flattened to a pulp and strung up by his wings, he was still his fr………… a……. really cool pony that he knew.

“Don’t you remember Razor?” Twilight said as she got closer to him, close enough for their muzzles to touch… almost. “He left. He moved back to Coltarado Springs after you convinced him that you don’t need him anymore.”

“I…. I….” Were the only words that could come out of Razor’s mouth as a mixture of all kinds of emotions flooded his now rational brain. It was strange, it was like he was as happy as little a colt at Hearth Warmings Eve, and yet at the same time, even more sad than somepony who just went through a terrible breakup, a feeling he wasn’t entirely unfamiliar to.

“You know…” Twilight continued when Razor didn’t say another word. “After…” As she said those words, she lifted up her right hoof and used it to part her hair around the base of her horn. The sight that filled Razor’s vision at that made his eyes go even wider than the house he supposedly used to own and his jaw literally dropped open. He even felt his heart skip a beat, and then another beat, and then another, in fact he was pretty much convinced that his heart had stopped beating at that point. Around the base of Twilight’s horn was a golden ring with a bright ruby in the middle of it.

Razor tried to speak, but he could barely move his jaw, or even breath much less form any coherent words. In fact it would have been a pretty safe bet to assume that all his bodily functions had stopped and he was now in a state of permanent rigor mortis.

Suddenly, not that Razor noticed immediately because of the aforementioned rigor mortis, Twilight’s eyes went wide herself as she let go of her hair and without warning suddenly shot forward and embraced Razor in another hug.

“Oh thank Celestia!” she practically shouted, the force of her hug forcing Razor to breathe in again the moment she let up on him since it pretty much forced what little oxygen was left in his lungs out of it. “You were gone for so long I was so worried that we wouldn’t find you before he showed up.”

“He?” Razor asked…. barely. “Whose he?”

“Hello, Razor,” a strange, yet very, very familiar voice suddenly said from behind him, and the sound of it alone was enough to bring Razor out of his rigor mortis like state completely as Twilight got off of him.

“No…” Razor said to quietly that even Twilight, who was still inches away from him, barely heard him. “Can’t be….” Slowly, Razor stepped away from Twilight and turned around. When he did, the sight that filled his eyes nearly made him fall over.

A few feet away from him, standing in the middle of Ponyville’s main street, well, the main street leading directly to the library, was a pony that Razor hadn’t seen in a long time. He was older than he was, much older. His coat was a little bit of a lighter shade of grey than his was, and his mane, while it looked similar to his, was much shorter. His eyes were also green, like Razor’s though they seemed like a more lime shade of green as opposed to Razor’s more bright green. Also it was hard to tell, but he was about an inch or so shorter than Razor, but just barely. Finally, his cutie mark was a glowing orange seal that looked disturbingly similar to the fire seals that Razor placed on the ground whenever he wanted something to explode. Not only that, but like Razor’s cutie mark, his was also on fire.

The longer Razor kept staring at this pony, trying to find something, anything, ANYTHING that would make him absolutely sure that this pony wasn’t him, the longer his body kept trying to fight a losing battle to stay conscious, yet still somehow fought on. Slowly, Razor stepped away from Twilight and started walking towards this strange pony.

As much as Twilight wanted to follow him, or Celestia forbid glomp on him and start making out with him again, she stayed still and let Razor go. She knew how important this was to him, so she didn’t want to interfere. She even started crying a little bit as she watched Razor go, she really was so happy for him.

Every step Razor took towards this pony seemed like a hundred thousand miles, but still he kept going. He kept walking towards this pony without even a hint of stopping. The whole time he never took his eyes off of him, he never even blinked for fear that if he did, he would somehow disappear. All the while the strange pony just stayed still and let him come, the smile on his face acting as the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel.

Eventually, after what seemed like an eternity to Razor, he finally reached the strange pony. He stood directly across from him, he looked into his eyes, and even though he was this close, he still couldn’t believe it.

“Dad?” was the only word that could come out of Razor’s mouth.

*Seth*

Rainbow giggled a bit at that before she flew over to me and wrapped her forelegs around me.

“Well it doesn’t matter if that really happened to you or not," she said to me. "You’re here now, and safe with me, forever.” And with that she pulled me into a kiss, but for some reason it didn’t feel right, like there was no real love behind it. It was hard to explain.

I seemingly out of instinct pushed her off of me, and she gave me this look in confusion and asked, “Is something wrong?”

“Yes, something is indeed wrong. The way you just kissed me. It just didn’t seem right. I didn’t feel any sparks of passion or anything,” I explained as best I could.

“What are you talking about?”

“Rainbow, you know I love you more than anything, you’re my whole world, but I couldn’t feel that love at all just then, and now I don’t feel anything either.”

“What are you saying? That you suddenly don’t love me anymore?!” She shouted at me.

I almost didn’t know how to respond to that, but then a thought popped into my head. “No, I still love my Rainbow Dash, but you’re not my Rainbow Dash are you?” I said with a glare.

“What are you suggesting? That I’m a changeling or something?”

“Maybe. Let’s just see if you are who you say you are. When's my birthday?”

“September 17th.”

“Where did we go for our first date?”

“Sugarcube Corner.”

“What’s my favorite color and why?”

“Magenta, because it’s the same color as my eyes. Seriously, Seth, this is stupid. I’m your Rainbow Dash and you should be able to see that.”

Crap! What if she’s right? Wait, she knows so much about me, what if she doesn’t know much about the mare she might be pretending to be.

*Razor*

“Hello, son,” Firebrand Razor said to Mehrunes Dagon Razor as he lifted up his right hoof and placed it on his shoulder. “It’s been a long time.”

Again, Razor tried to speak, but again, he found himself unable to. Here, in the flesh, standing in front of him, was his own father. His own father….

He tried to speak, but all he could do was breathe, and the more he tried, the faster he kept breathing. Eventually, he was close to hyperventilating.

“Hey, hey, it’s okay,” Firebrand said to Razor as he pulled him closer into a hug, which only made it worse for Razor. His breathing didn’t slow, in fact, it only went faster. “It’s okay, it’s okay.” Razor’s dad said to him in a very soothing, very calming tone that Razor knew could only come from him. “It’s all okay Razor, I’m here now. I’m here.” At those words, Razor’s breathing finally slowed, and within moments it returned to normal. After a few moments, he then closed his eyes, and then, he brought his own hooves up and returned his father’s hug, and he didn’t let go. “I’m not going anywhere.”

At the sight of that Twilight couldn’t hold out any longer as she started crying. She was just so happy for the both of them.

After what seemed like hours, at least to Razor and his father, the two of them finally broke their hug and let go of each other. On Razor’s face as a smile, a smile that matched his father’s, and even though Twilight could only see the back of him, she knew it was there. She somehow just knew.

Suddenly, before the moment was even finished Razor brought up his right hoof and punched his father square in the face, knocking his father right into the dirt. On his face, the smile that was there not even a moment ago had been replaced by a look of pure rage.

“Razor!” Twilight practically screamed as she took off towards the two of them.

“It’s all right!” Firebrand shouted back at Twilight as he held up a hoof. Immediately, Twilight stopped, the look on her face was one of immense confusion. “It’s all right.” As he spoke again, Firebrand slowly got back to his feet before looking right at Razor. He didn’t even bother to pay any mind to the spot on his face where he son punched him. “I know how you must feel,” he said to Razor as he took a step closer to him.

“You do huh,” Razor said as he punched his father right in the face again with his left hoof, sending him rolling on the ground again. Again, Twilight tried to step forward and stop them, but again, Firebrand held up a hoof and stopped her. Razor could only glare at his father with all the hate and rage that he wouldn’t show an enemy rather than a family member.

“I wasn’t there,” Firebrand said as he slowly got back onto his hooves. As Twilight saw this, she slowly started backing away before she turned around completely and took off back towards the library. “I took off when you were just a colt. I-”

“Like Tartarus!” Razor shouted as he ran right at his father and hit him with an uppercut straight into his jaw. The resulting impact sent Firebrand up into the air a foot or so before landing on his back. Surprisingly, he was still conscious. “I know I’m a lot of things.” Razor continued as he walked towards his father and kicked him right in the stomach. “I know I’ve always been better at fighting than anything else, I know that I’m terrible when it comes to mares, I know that I have an arson streak from here all the way to Canterlot, and that I enjoy it way more than I should, Tartarus, I even know that most everything Daedalus says about me is true!” With each statement Razor let out, he gave another kick to his father. Firebrand though, didn’t fight back. He just lay still and let his son beat him. He didn’t say a word, he just let him. After that last one though, he stopped. His father tried to get up again, but as he did, Razor punched him right in the face again and knocked him back to the ground and rolled over onto his belly.

“I’ve never been very smart,” Razor said as he walked over towards his downed father again, who was again trying to get back up. As he did, Razor just walked right up to him and punched him in the face again, this time, he didn’t go down. “I’ll admit it, I’m an idiot, always have been, and I probably always will be too!” At that Razor punched his father two more times, once in the face and once in the stomach, still he didn’t go down. “I’ll even admit that I’m insane! Yeah, I admit it, I am insane! I’ve always been insane! I never really knew what was right and what I couldn’t do! But I’ve always known one thing!” Razor shouted as he threw one more uppercut at his father, which again knocked him down onto his back. “I’ve always known what’s real and what isn’t.” Again, his father tried to get back up, only for Razor to kick him right in the stomach again. Firebrand lay there on the ground for a bit clutching his stomach, but after that moment he surprisingly got back onto his legs and tried again to stand back up. “And I know that my father is dead!” With that, Razor punched his father one more time, the blow from his one knocked his father back several feet.

“WHO ARE YOU!?” Razor shouted at his father as he lay on the street of Ponyville, twitching. “My father died when I was a colt! I remember it! I remember the day he died! I remember his funeral! I remember how much my mother cried after you were gone!” As Razor shouted those words at him, Firebrand again, tried to get back on his hooves. Surprisingly, despite the intense beating that Razor had given him, he was again successful, and despite some wobbling, he did manage to get back onto his hooves without any issue. “So you can’t be my father! You can’t be my father because he’s dead! SO WHO ARE YOU!?”

“Son,” Firebrand said as he coughed up a bit of blood. “I know it must be hard for you to believe, I know this all must be, but I really am-”

“DON’T F*** WITH ME!!!” Razor shouted at his father as loud as he possibly could before he could even say another word. As he did, Razor charged forward, pulled back his right hoof, and threw one more punch.

*Seth*

“Rainbow, I got one final question, and if you are who you say you are it should be really easy. What's your middle name?”

“Duh, everypony knows my name’s Rainbow "Danger" Dash,” She said confidently.

I grinned knowing that I had her now and said, “Wrong!”

“What?”

“You’re middle name’s not “Danger,” it’s Vivian. It was chosen by your mother,” I began to walk closer to her and continued. “So, Rainbow "Danger" Dash, who are you really?”

“I-I-I’m Rainbow Dash. I’m Rainbow Dash,” she then started to hyperventilate a bit while repeating the words “I’m Rainbow Dash,” over and over again. After a minute or so of that I then noticed that her nose started bleeding.

“Umm… are you okay?” I asked her.

She put her hoof up to her nose, getting the blood on her hoof. When she saw it she started to laugh. It started as a giggle, but it quickly escalated to point that it could only be described as the cackle of a madmare.

I then noticed her face. Her eyes were now wide with her pupils shrunk, and she grew a disturbing grin on her face.

I backed up a bit, not sure of what was going on as I noticed the walls turn grey like a stormcloud.

Rainbow just glared at me and said, “What’s a matter Seth? Don’t you love me?”

*Razor*

Right before Razor’s punch could connect with Firebrand’s face however, something happened. Despite his injuries, and despite the fact that he had been making no effort to fight back this whole time, faster than Razor could see, Firebrand lifted up his left hoof and caught Razor’s punch. Angrily, Razor glared back at his father, expecting him to have something to say. Something that was important enough that he finally made the effort to block his attack just say it, but instead, he saw something else. Plastered on Firebrand’s face, was a smile.

It wasn’t a kind, gentle, fatherly smile like he had previously worn, this was different. The smile on Firebrand’s face spread was wide as it possibly could, and he was showing teeth, something he hadn’t done before. That wasn’t it though, his eyes, the ones that looked right back at Razor were no longer the eyes of a kind, loving father, but that of a sadistic madpony. They had sort of a maniacal gleam to them, like he was less than two seconds away from hitting the first thing he saw and enjoying it. It was a look that Razor was all too familiar with, he had seen it before, on himself.

Seth vs Fake Rainbow Dash/Mehrunes Dagon Razor vs Firebrand Razor

Own Little World by Celldweller

*Seth*

Before I could even react she flew right at me and did a roundhouse kick to my face, which knocked me to the floor.

I got up and quickly shoot a magical blast, but she saw it coming and flew out of the way. Then she flew straight at me like before.

I then tried to make a weapon before she could hit me, but she got to me first and punched me in the face before zooming off. I stumbled a bit, still trying to spawn a weapon, but then she returned with another punch to the face. She kept flying back and forth, hitting me each time until I fell to the ground.

*Razor*

Before Razor could even react, Firebrand suddenly punched him across the face with his other hoof, then again in the stomach, and then again one more time in the jaw, all while still holding on to Razor’s right hoof. With the maniacal grin still on his face, Firebrand dropped Razor’s hoof as Razor stumbled for a moment. The rage that he felt even more present than before, Razor quickly got back up and threw one more punch at him. Before he could though, he was suddenly stopped by a lime green magical glow, a glow that quickly encompassed his entire body as Firebrand picked him up and threw him into the building to his left.

Razor hit the building so hard that he nearly broke through the wall, but he didn’t. Instead, he just left a Razor shaped imprint in the wall. Pain struck through his whole body as he slumped down to his haunches, only to look up at his father to see him walking towards him, the sadistic smile still on his face.

“You’re out of your league, Razor,” Firebrand said as he walked closer to him. “Deep down you always knew that I was better than you in every way.”

“Maybe…” Razor said as he got back to his hooves, the only thing helping him up was the pure, unbridled rage he felt right now. “But that doesn’t mean I can’t beat you.”

“Right,” Firebrand responded with a laugh. “You… beat me. Well I guess if you wanna try there’s really nothing I can do to stop you is there.” As he said those words, several fireballs appeared around him as his horn lit up.

Before Firebrand could do anything with those fireballs though, Razor suddenly teleported out from between the two of them. Instinctively, Firebrand disengaged the fireballs and looked towards Twilight’s treehouse, but he didn’t see him. Then he looked the other way and saw Razor far away from him running down the street away from Twilight’s library, away from him.

“That’s right, RUN!” Firebrand shouted at Razor as he watched him run away. “Run away like you always do! It’s all you know how to do! It’s all you’re good fo-” Before he could even finish that sentence, Razor suddenly jumped up, teleported away again, and then before Firebrand could say the last word, reappeared right in front of him in mid air and kicked him in the face with both of his rear hooves. The force of the blow knocked Firebrand back a few feet onto his back again while Razor landed on his hooves with the style and grace that he was known for. The look of rage in his eyes was gone, instead, shone only sheer confidence in himself. If there was one thing he knew he had too much of other than his love for fire and Twilight, it was that.

“Lets go you son of a bitch,” Razor said as he watched his father get back to his hooves again. The sadistic smile still on his face. Around them, Ponyville inexplicably became darker all of a sudden, but neither of them cared enough to notice. They only had one thing on their minds.

The second Firebrand got to his hooves, Razor created six fireballs and threw them all at him. Firebrand however, quickly created a spear with his magic and used it to block all six of them and took a few steps forward towards Razor. As he blocked the last one, he looked ahead to see Razor running right at him. Instinctively he swung his spear horizontally at him, but before it could even touch him, Razor teleported away again. However, instead of appearing somewhere, else, he appeared only a few feet behind where he stood and leapt right at his father.

Razor tackled his father to the ground and grabbed his spear with his hooves. He tried to wrestle it from Firebrand, but his magic held form. Firebrand fought back against his son for a moment before he lit his whole spear aflame in Razor’s hooves. The fire didn’t even touch Razor’s hooves for more than a second before Razor let go and jumped forward right off of his father just before he could swing his flaming spear at him.

Right as Razor landed back on his hooves he turned back around to face his father, only to see him jump back up and throw his flaming spear right at him. Razor quickly ducked before the spear could hit him and it flew right over him. Before he could do anything else though, he looked back forward to see three fireballs coming right at him. Instinctively Razor put up a magical shield to stop them all, and each one exploded upon impact.

Before the last fireball even exploded, Razor looked through the explosion to see his dad teleport right in front of him with another spear in his magical grasp. Firebrand brought the spear right down on Razor’s shield and shattered it light glass. Razor quickly jumped backwards, barely missing his father’s spear. It came so close he could see his reflection in the tip, but it didn’t touch him.

The literal instant Razor’s hooves hit the ground again, Firebrand stepped forward and swung his spear upwards with another burst of fire in the blade, but Razor swerved to the side to avoid it. Firebrand then spun the spear around his neck and swung horizontally, but Razor leaned back to avoid it, but just barely. It was so close to his neck he could feel the heat from it on his throat and on his bottom jaw. After that, Firebrand then spun the spear around again and swung downwards on Razor again. Razor quickly spawned his own spear and blocked Firebrand’s.

With his own spear now in grasp, Razor pushed Firebrand’s spear away before spinning around and swinging upwards, which Firebrand avoided easily by leaning back. Razor then swung his spear horizontally, but Firebrand blocked it with his own and pushed it up above Razor’s head before he suddenly disengaged his own spear, causing the embers were on the blade to fall from the air right down into Razor’s face. With Razor momentarily distracted, he lost control of his spear for a moment, Firebrand punched Razor right in the forehead right at the base of his horn, which made Razor drop his spear, which Firebrand tore from his grasp and threw it away with his own magical grasp before it evaporated into the ether.

Razor staggered back for a moment due to the punch in his face, but only for a moment. The moment he was over it, he ran forward and threw another punch right at Firebrand with his right hoof. Firebrand quickly swatted Razor’s hoof out of the way before it could touch him. Undeterred, Razor quickly pulled back his hoof and tried to elbow Firebrand right in the neck. The moment he tried though, Firebrand grabbed his elbow with other hoof and threw another punch right at Razor’s face.

Razor quickly ducked his head to avoid his father’s punch, then got close and grabbed the hoof that was holding his elbow. Before Firebrand could react to that, Razor teleported the both of them up into the air where he spun his father around and threw him back towards the ground. Before Firebrand hit the ground, he suddenly teleported away and then reappeared right behind Razor and kicked him in the back with his right hoof, sending Razor flying towards the ground just like he meant to do to him. Razor collided with the earth in front of him and bounced off of it before landing on his side and rolling a few feet back into the space in front of Twilight’s library. Firebrand effortlessly landed back on his hooves a few feet away from Razor, the sadistic smile still adorned his face.

“Really, that’s all you’ve got?” Firebrand said as he slowly walked back towards Razor. “Cause I’m not even trying here.”

*Seth*

I lay down in a daze, though still able to think. ‘I can’t keep up with her. She can fly faster that I can cast my magic, and even if I’m able to cast something she’ll surely dodge it.’

The next thing I realized was that she was on top of me and put her hoof on my face, brushing my mane a bit.

I looked at her and saw her smiling and she said, “I’m sorry I had to do that Seth, but now we can relax and be happy together.”

“I will not be happy with you!” I shouted, quickly spawning a dagger and jamming it into her left eye.

She shouted in pain and reeling back a bit as the dagger fading into mist.

I stood up and saw her glaring at me with one eye shut, blood running out from under the eyelid.

The next thing I knew she grabbed a hold of me and we flew through the cloud wall. Thankfully it was a cloud wall or that would have hurt, and started to gain altitude once we were outside, and I saw that the sky was full of storm clouds.

We were several of hundreds, if not thousands of feet in the air, and next thing I knew we were going down, her speed kicking up. She kept flying faster and fast towards the ground. It took a moment, but I realized what she was doing.

She was going to do a Sonic Rainboom.

*Razor*

Razor barely managed to get back up after that attack. Enraged, he looked up at his father, who kept silently mocking him with that smile of his.

‘You f***ing monster!’ Razor mentally cursed the pony that had taken the image of his father. ‘I’ll kill you! I swear if its the last thing I do I’ll find a way to f***ing kill you!’ That was what he thought, deep down though, he doubted his ability to even do that if he could. He’d always believed that his father was the best soldier ever, as long as he’d been alive, that was the one thing he always knew about him. Whether that was stupid, foal like idolization or if there was any truth to that belief didn’t matter now. If there was a way to beat this guy, Razor honestly doubted he could do it. The longer he angrily stared at his father though, the more those thoughts began to cloud his mind.

Suddenly, as if against everything, after one more look in Firebrand’s eyes, something clicked in Razor’s head. An idea.

After a moment, Razor found the strength and will to use his magic again as his horn began to glow, which Firebrand seemed to notice. Quickly, Razor lifted up his right hoof up a bit and slamming it back into the ground before he lit the grass around him on fire and sent it right at Firebrand. Razor’s fire slid along the ground like a snake as it traveled from Razor over to where Firebrand was standing. Before it could even reach him though, Firebrand teleported away again.

Expecting that, Razor quickly leapt back to his feet and jumped backwards towards Twilight’s library. The literal instant he was off the ground again, Firebrand suddenly dropped down from the sky and punched the ground right where Razor previously lay with enough force to crack the ground and create a small crater. Then, right as Razor’s hooves touched the ground again, Firebrand dashed forward and threw another punch, this time with his left hoof. Razor quickly swatted that one out of the way with his right hoof, but Firebrand was quick and threw another punch with his right hoof almost immediately after Razor deflected the last one. Razor quickly ducked his head to the left to dodge it.

Undeterred, Razor quickly charged his horn and stepped back a bit before he pulled back his right hoof. Razor then stepped forward and threw his own punch, but as he did, he created a close range fireball and threw it right at Firebrand, despite the fact that he was less than foot away from him. Firebrand however, quickly ducked to avoid both Razor’s punch and the fireball. As he did, he quickly spun around so that his back was facing Razor and kicked Razor right in the chest with both his rear hooves.

The moment he saw that, Razor quickly pulled back both his fore hooves, put them against his chest, and successfully blocked Firebrand’s kick. Like with his punch to the ground though, Firebrand’s kick was more powerful than it should have been thanks to the aid of magic, so the force of the kick sent Razor back a few feet. Razor dug his rear hooves into the ground to slow him down as he flew backwards. When he eventually did stop, Razor fell back to all four of his hooves and ran forward back at Firebrand. Firebrand’s sinister smile only got wider for a moment as he watched Razor run at him, his horn glowing in anticipation as fire began to cover his body.

Right as Razor reached him, he threw another punch, but Firebrand, anticipating this, jumped backwards before Razor was even close to him. As he did, where he stood, a clone of himself made entirely of fire appeared where he once stood. Time slowed to a crawl for Razor as he watched his hoof go right into the fiery form that was his father. The fire covered his hoof like liquid, and it hurt.

‘SHIT!!!’ Razor mentally shouted as he watched his father’s fire clone start to loose it’s shape. He knew what was coming.

Suddenly, Firebrand’s fire clone exploded with a force and radius so great that it took out the windows of the surrounding houses, including the ones of the tree house, and even singed the leaves on the tree house. It even kicked up some of the dirt and incinerated the grass surrounding the explosion, which effectively took out all of the grass in that little area in front of Twilight’s library.

As the explosion cleared, and the fire died down, in the middle of it all, surrounded by a green bubble shield, was Razor. Physically, aside from one singed hoof, which he kept in front of his face, he was fine. Mentally however, not so much. Razor breathed heavily as the weight of all the magic he had to throw into that shield to block an explosion that big that close finally took hold of him. He kept the shield up for a few more moments as the fire surrounding him began to die down.

As he dropped the shield though, his hooves actually began to touch the ground that was unprotected by the explosion, unlike the ground that was directly beneath his feet. Cautious, Razor took a step forward, only for his hoof to touch not dirt or grass, but glass. The explosion that Firebrand created was so powerful that it turned the ground to glass, and it was still hot. Razor immediately pulled his hoof back the moment he touched it. Even for him the ground was too hot to even touch.

From there he looked back up in front of him again. Firebrand was nowhere to be seen. All he saw all around him was the now glassed ground, and the few fires that still remained from the explosion. Still cautious, Razor quickly turned around and looked behind him, but he wasn’t there either. He then looked to his left, then to his right, and then all around him one more time, but Firebrand was nowhere to be seen. Razor didn’t let down his guard though, he wasn’t about to be fooled, not this time.

Suddenly, as Razor looked to his left for what seemed like the sixth time, he saw a flash of light. Instinctively, he ducked, but nothing flew over him, no fireball, no weapon of any kind, no Firebrand, no nothing. Curious, but still cautious, he looked back over at where he saw the light, but there was nothing there anymore. Suddenly, out of the the corner of his eye, a flash of light caught his eye. Immediately Razor turned around, but again he saw nothing, then out of the corner of his eye again, he saw it. Again, he turned around, but again there was nothing. Then out of the corner of his eye again, and again, and again the flash of light kept coming back.

All around him, Razor saw what looked like flashes of light in the distance appearing and reappearing like twinkling stars. The looked almost like… the flashes of a teleport.

Suddenly, before Razor could go any further with that though. Firebrand suddenly appeared right in front of Razor via teleport, flew right at him, and punched him right in the gut. Firebrand’s punch, combined with the built up momentum from all the teleports as well as the extra bit of magic he put behind it, was enough to knock the wind out of Razor’s lungs right there as he coughed up blood the moment Firebrand’s hoof made contact with him before flying backwards thanks to the sheer force of the blow.

Razor practically flew backwards several feet before landing on his back and rolling on the glass covered ground before he ended up a few meters in front of the door to Twilight’s tree library. The contact with the ground burned his coat and flesh, but he couldn’t get back up. Slowly, Razor rolled onto his back, the searing heat from the glass covered ground burning him and stabbing at him every which way as he did. He then tried to get up, but the moment he tried to move his hooves, they were suddenly encased in what looked like ropes made of fire that suddenly wrapped up his hooves and tied them to the searing ground beneath him. After they were done, Firebrand suddenly appeared on top of Razor again and stood over him.

“HAHAHAHA,” Firebrand laughed maniacally as he punched Razor right in the face again with his right hoof, and then again with his left. “Its fun isn’t it Mehrunes!” As he screamed, he punched Razor again. “It’s fun to kick somepony’s ass and beat them into the dirt where they belong isn’t it!? Come on, I know I enjoy it, so you gotta enjoy it too! You are my son, aren’t you!?” Then, at that, Firebrand stood up again, then stood on his hind legs and raised both his hooves towards the sky.

Through his blood stained eyes, Razor looked up to see the sky darken a little bit more than it was. After a few moments, lightning followed the darkness, and following that, right above the two of them, was what Razor could only assume was a swirling vortex of fire in the middle of the sky.

“No…….” Razor weakly said as that sight burned into his eyes. He knew this move, it was the one move his father knew that he could never pull off. “No…. not that…”

“Yes, that,” Firebrand replied as he dropped back down on top of Razor again and punched him in the face again. After that, he then brought both of his forehoove to Razor’s neck and started choking him. “HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!” Firebrand kept laughing as he choked his son. “Come on son! I know you’re having fun! I know you’re enjoying this you psychotic little punk! So let me hear it! Laugh!” Razor tried to breathe, he tried to do something, but all he could do was make a noise. “I can’t hear you!” Firebrand said with enthusiasm as he brought his face closer to Razor’s and loosened his grip a little.

“Ha……” Razor replied as he made his horn glow a little bit. “Ha……..” Then suddenly, the ground below them started to glow. Startled, Firebrand looked back up to see that the ground surrounding not only them, but Twilight’s library as well, had been encased in a giant fire seal. Instinctively, Firebrand tried to get away, but Razor’s telekinetic grip suddenly grabbed him by his throat and pulled him back down towards him. Above the two of them, fire began raining from the sky. “HAHA!!!” Razor shouted at his father with the same maniacal smile on his face that he had been giving him as the fire seal around them began to glow brighter.

Then, suddenly, the ground beneath them exploded in a fireball that dwarfed Firebrand’s in both size and force. The explosion rocked all of Ponyville while above them, balls of fire rained down from the sky and hit the area surrounding Twilight’s library.

When Razor opened his eyes again, he found himself in some circular room with Seth standing right in front of him. The look on his face was one of immense confusion.

*Seth*

I spawned another dagger and stabbed her in the side again and again. “Let me go you impostor!” For every word I spoke I gave her another stab.

“No!” She shouted, still flying. “We’re going to be together! Even if we have to die together!”

Suddenly I then thought of something. ‘Well it worked with the dragon.’

I spawned my rapier by her wings and with one quick slash, it severed both of them clean off.

The fake Rainbow Dash screamed in pain as I pushed her away from me and teleported away.

I ended up on the front area of the cloud house. I then looked up saw the wingless, fake, Rainbow Dash fall right past me, not even screaming anymore. She was only saying one word in a tone that I could only describe as heartbroken, “Seth.”

After she said that there was a loud sound of bones cracking and snapping as she hit the ground. Somehow, I just knew that she didn’t survive.

I closed my eye, strangely feeling sorry for her, though I didn't know why. When I opened them again, I was in some circular room with Razor looking back at me with a confused look on his face.

Author's Note:

status: edited