• Published 26th Feb 2012
  • 945 Views, 12 Comments

Depressio - RosaryOmen



A strange pony has been seen in the Everfree Forest! And it's not Zecora!

  • ...
 12
 945

The Meeting

“Okay, so is everypony ready?” Twilight asked, tilting her head upwards to look at the pegasi hovering above them.

“Ready!” Rainbow Dash grinned across at Fluttershy. “Let's go!”

The pink-haired pegasus nodded and followed after Rainbow, the two of them flying over the forest in search for any signs of the pony or even the kitten. The rest of the group moved quietly along the trail, sticking close together. There was a rustle from some bushes in front of them, and they all stopped quickly.

Rainbow Dash popped out of the bush, her voice low. “We spotted the pony! She's napping in a clearing, come on... we can get her while she sleeps! It's perfect! Fluttershy is just watching her in case she moves.”

“Alright then gang, let's go.” Twilight followed the blue pegasus through the trees, pausing at the edge of the clearing.

Resting in the warm sunlight was the grey pony, the little white kitten curled up on her back.

“She doesn't -seem- scary.” Fluttershy said as she landed beside her friends. “And the kitten seems to like her.”

“So... now what?” Applejack asked. “Should we jus' walk up an' say hi?”

“It seems harmless. Let's go then.” Rarity looked out at the pony.

Carefully, they crossed the clearing; stopping a little way away from the napping pony. Twilight took half a step forwards, eyeing the kitten as it woke up and mewed softly.

“Uhm... hello?” She called as the grey pony stirred and yawned, her eyes snapping open as she realised there were ponies around.

Scrambling to her hooves, the pony's blue eyes widened, her ears flattening against her head. She whinnied in fear as she took a few steps backwards away from the group of ponies. Her tail swished from side to side, her gaze taking in each pony for a few moments.

“Who are you? What do you want?! GET AWAY FROM ME!” She exclaimed, her voice getting louder and louder and higher pitched. Her entire body was trembling, her wings fluttering against her sides.

“It's okay, we're not going to hurt you.” Twilight offered softly, trying to calm the frightened alicorn down.

The pony calmed slightly, although she was still obviously tense; her gaze darting between each of the ponies over and over again. “What do you want from me?” She asked, nostrils quivering. The kitten looked up at her and mewed, rubbing against her legs.

Fluttershy moved closer, hiding behind her long forelock shyly. “T-that kitty. I was l-looking after him and he got scared, and ran away. We s-saw you had him and I uh... I uh... can I take him home now?”

The alicorn looked down at the kitten that was doing circles around her hooves. “Tal? B-but he's my friend.” She replied with a scowl, her ears going back against her head again. “You can't take my only friend away from me.” She moved to hold the kitten against her right leg with her left hoof.

Rainbow Dash raised an eyebrow. “What do you mean, your -only- friend?”

“I mean exactly what I said.” The monochrome pony snapped at the pegasus, her tail swishing angrily.

“Oh... that cutie mark.” Rarity gasped softly. “It's so... unfortunate. What does it even mean?”

Everypony's attention suddenly moved to the grey ponies flank, and to the strange grey cutie mark. It was a light grey cloud, with 3 raindrops falling from it. The alicorn quickly covered it with her tail. “Just... leave me alone.” She huffed as she turned to leave.

“No, wait!” Twilight called after her, reaching out towards her with a hoof.

“Do you want a cupcake?” Pinkie Pie bounced past the purple unicorn, after the retreating alicorn. “I have cupcakes and they are so delicious!”

The monochrome alicorn spun on her back legs, slamming her front hooves down hard into the dirt. Her eyes flashed angrily, ears flattened. “Just leave. Me. ALONE!”

Pinkie stopped mid-bounce, a basket full of cupcakes in her mouth dropping to the grass, brightly frosted cupcakes rolling out onto the ground as the pony stomped away. Pinkie's lower lip trembled, and she sniffled. “She is... such a grumpy-pants!”

“She does seem... rather short-tempered an' all.” Applejack sighed. “But I don't think we got nothin' to worry about.”

“Except she's all alone out here, in the Everfree Forest. And her only friend... is a -cat-.” Rainbow frowned a little. “I've never ever seen her in Ponyville, ever.”

“I just think we should leave her alone, she obviously doesn't want our friendship.” Rarity tossed her nose in the air. “We should just, go home and leave her be.”

“I... guess so. I don't think it would be a good idea to chase after her right now.” Twilight agreed with a sad sigh.

“But she's so sad!” Pinkie whined to Fluttershy. “She didn't even want my cupcakes! I mean, what pony doesn't like cupcakes?”

“She didn't seem very friendly at all.” Fluttershy nodded in agreement. “At least the kitty seems to Ibe safe, right?”

“Yeah! But... but she's all alone out there! With all the monsters!” The pink pony hopped about. “We should go and make friends with her!”

“I-I-I I don't know...” Fluttershy whimpered a little. “She's scary when she's angry.”

“Well, I think she needs a friend!” Pinkie grinned widely, bouncing more. “I'm going to go and find her and be her friend!”

“B-b-b-but Pinkie!” Fluttershy protested meekly, then paused. “Just... be careful.”

“I'll be okie-dokie-loki!” Pinkie grinned wider than eve. “My Pinkie-Sense'll keep me safe!” She bounced again a few times. “And I'm going to take more cupcakes to her because I dropped the last ones!”

“Okay... well, I have to go tend to my little friends. So, be careful then Pinkie Pie.” The pink haired pegasus left the earth pony to her plan.

Pinkie giggled mirthfully and trotted off to bake some more cupcakes to offer the monochromatic alicorn, once those were baked, cooled and iced; she put them into a little basket before trotting off through Ponyville. She went straight into the Everfree Forest without so much as a pause, making her way back to the clearing. The basket was still there where it had fallen, although... the cupcakes were gone; the only things left were the wrappers.

“Heeeeeeeellooooooooooo? Poooooooooooonyyyyyyyyyyy?” Pinkie called, the filled basket down by her front feet. “Heelloooo? I'm here to be your new friend! I even bought more cupcakes!”

There was no response, and no pony. Nothing at all. Pinkie scanned the bushes and the trees for any sign of the alicorn. The pink pony pulled back the red and white chequered cloth from off the cupcakes and waved her hooves to try and convince the freshly-baked smell waft through the forest. Pinkie plopped down onto her haunches a few lengths away from the basket, and just watched it. And watched. And watched.

After what was feeling like far too long, a bush rustled on the far side of the clearing. Pinkie Pie's head snapped towards it, a hopeful smile plastered on her face. Her smile widened as the grey-scale pony snuck out from behind a tree, the kitten on her back. Slowly, the pony approached the uncovered basket; her eyes darting from the cupcakes to the pink pony.

“Hello!” Pinkie whispered loudly, staying where she was sitting to try and not scare off the alicorn.

The pony froze mid-step, her mouth paused open over one of the cupcakes. Her gaze snapped to the stranger, and her ears twitched. Slowly, she lowered her hooves to the ground and lifted her head away from the sweet offering.

“It's okay! I just want to be your friend.” Pinkie whispered again. “Those cupcakes are all for you. Go on, eat them!” She urged brightly.

After a few moments more of hesitation, the strange pony ate one of the cupcakes quickly before quickly eating all but one. “Uh... Do you... want the last one?” She asked, pushing the basket towards Pinkie with a hoof.

“Sure!” Pinkie Pie squealed in delight and bounded forwards, her sudden movement causing the grey pony to back-pedal quickly with a whinny of fear. Pinkie stopped, seemingly in mid-air. “Oh oh! No, sorry! Don't be scared! I won't hurt you!”

The pony stopped in her back-pedalling, but didn't make any effort to move forwards. Her legs were trembling as she watched the stranger moved forwards and gobbled down the last cupcake.

“So! I'm Pinkie Pie!” She chirruped, offering a friendly hoof to the alicorn, a smile on her face. “It's nice to meetcha... uh... What -is- your name?”

The grey pony inched forwards, hesitatingly raising her front leg to shake Pinkie's hoof. “I... uh... I'm... Depressio.”

“Depressio? That... seems like a really... well... Okay!” Pinkie started, and decided to not try and figure that one out.

The monochromatic alicorn scuffed her hoof on the ground. “So uhmm... did you make those cupcakes?” When Pinkie nodded energetically, the pony sighed. “They were good.”

“Hey! Hey! You should come with me to Ponyville and meet all my friends!” The bouncy pony squeaked with joy, hopping up and down on the spot. “The ponies that were here yesterday!” She giggled as the little white kitty scooted over to her, and sniffed her legs before rubbing against them.

“I don't know.. I mean... there's so many ponies there.” She shivered a little. “You're the first pony I've talked to for a long time.” Depressio glanced around the clearing, her gaze meeting Pinkie's. “And I well... they'll all stare at me.” She frowned a little, her ears drooping slightly,

“Hrmmmmmmmm...” The hyperactive pony thought out loud. “Well! One of my friends could make you a... cloak or something? That would help!”

“You'd do that? For me? Really?” The pony asked, not even a hint of a smile on her features.

“Of course silly!” Pinkie nodded quickly several times. “I'm sure she can whip something up super fast!”
The alicorn looked around the clearing again, then looked from Tal to Pinkie. “Well... okay then. I guess, it can't hurt? I've always wanted to go to Ponyville, it's so bright. Not like in here.”

Pinkie cheered and trotted in place happily. “Yay! Yay! Yay! Okay! I'll go talk to Rarity and be right back! Stay here okay!” She grinned, and dashed off into the forest heading back into Ponyville. She went straight to Carousel Boutique, bursting through the door.

“Rarity!? Rarity!”

The white unicorn spun around with a dramatic gasp, the material she'd been working with falling to the floor. “Pinkie Pie?” She breathed out loudly. “What is it?”

Pinkie bounded over to Rarity in a few gravity-defying leaps, her ears twitching with excitement as she took a huge breath. “Well... IwentandsawtheponyintheforestandconvincedhertocometoPonyville! Buuuuuut she needs a cloak because she's too shy to come into town! Can you make one? Just a quick one! Nothing really flashy!”

“Pinkie!” Rarity huffed. “Nothing flashy? Nothing flashy?! Who do you think I am?” She tapped a hoof on the floor.

Pinkie twisted herself to look upside down at the unicorn. “C'mon Rarity! Just something super-simple! Please!”

“Hmph! Fine. Well, don't tell -anybody- I made this. It's not going to be at -all- fashionable!”