• Published 13th Feb 2012
  • 1,183 Views, 42 Comments

Being a Derpy - derpystorytime



In the future one colt finds it hard fitting in when you don't look and act like everypony else

  • ...
1
 42
 1,183

Chapter 6: Dark Alleys

Sorry for the delay on this chapter :( I had my spring break and my parents came and visited me, so I was pretty busy.

you to Whynot707, Vitaexdet, Torllin, and of course Pinkie Pie.


“DP…Come…here.” Dashter was sprawled out on the kitchen floor, her belly was bloated and she stared off into nothing.

“I…Can’t…Move…Dash.” DP managed to murmur. The two young ponies had just partaken in a magical feast of cupcakes, pie, candy, and cherrychangas. They were now in an sugar coma on the kitchen floor. “Dash…I see it…I see the light.”

“No! Go away from the light.” Dashter turned over onto her stomach and started army crawling to DP.

“It’s…so…beautiful.”

“DP… Nooooooo!” she reached DP, but it was too late. He lay out on the floor with his eyes closed and his tongue hanging out. “No!” she yelled picking him up in her hooves.

“Uhh what are you ponies doing?” Derpy walked into the room looking more confused then he usually looks.

“Um I’m just mourning my lost friend here Mr. Hooves.”

“Ah, I see.” he walked around the two ponies and grabbed a muffin from the pantry. “Have fun you two.”

“We w-will!” DP yelled rising up from his “death.”

“Praise Celestia he’s alive!” Dashter threw her hooves to the sky. Both young ponies just started cracking up. Derpy just looked at them and slowly backed out of the kitchen…and into a display holding a cake causing it to fall.

“I can fix it, I can fix it! Pinkie… don’t give me that look… Pinkie… No pinkie no! HAHA Pinkie stop! HAHA…Can’t breathe!”

“Hehe *snorts* hope you learned your lesson. Guess I’ll go cook a new one, but your helping.” Pinkie appeared in the kitchen dragging Derpy behind her. “Now put on your camo this is going to get messy.” She handed Derpy a camo bandanna and put her own bandanna on.

“No Pinkie not again we just got the kitchen cleaned from earlier… Do you know how hard it is to clean without magic?” Derpy tried to plead with Pinkie, but it was no use once she was in her cooking zone there was nothing that could be done.

“We ride!” Pinkie yelled at charging at the cupboards.

“Oh n-no not again.” DP began slowly backing up with Dashter. “Quick let’s go!” he ran off and Dashter followed closely behind. They left Sugarcube Corner and were on the bustling streets of Ponyville.

“Well DP ready to fly?” she stopped walking and looked at him with a smile.

“What did you say? I could have sworn you asked if I was ready to fly. That can’t be the case because as you can see my wing is still wrapped up, and even if it wasn’t, neither doctors nor twilight could fix it.”

“I know what I said you flying feather.” Dashter smiled at him. “Like I said, I’m going to get you to fly again. I don’t care how hard, or how long it takes, but it will happen as Celestia as my witness.” She walked over to DP and whispered in his ear. “I believe in you.” And with that she gave him a kiss on his check and a big hug.

DP blushed. “Well thank you it means a lot, but I literally can’t move my wing fully in this cast, so I can’t even attempt to fly with it.”

“Oh… I guess that’s true. What should we do then?”

“Uh, we could see the twins I guess.” As soon as he said that Dashter eyes lit up.

“Oh my gosh yes!” she yelled with excitement. She took off towards Sweet Apple Acres galloping down the streets of Ponyville with DP close behind. They walked up the dirt road leading up to the farm. Apple trees were planted for as far as the eyes can see. As they walked up they could here loud bangs coming from deep in the tree. “Hey lets go see if that’s them.” She started to walk into the forest of apple trees. They started walking towards the sound. They soon saw Applejack bucking tries causing every single apple to fall into the baskets that were being moved by Big Mac. “Oh my gosh! Hey Applejack!” Hearing that voice Applejack turned around expecting to see Rainbow Dash.

“Well howdy Rai— oh I mean howdy Dashter and DP. What can I do for yall?”

“Oh w-well we were looking for the t-twins.”

“Ah shoot they were helping buck, but it seems they ran off to cause trouble I suppose.” Applejack said rubbing her head. “Last I heard they were going to go play with the chickens.”

“Thanks!” yelled Dashter before running off once again leaving DP in the dust.

“Ugh e-every time…Wait Dashter y-you don’t k-know…where…thecoopi-is…”DP said to himself before running after her.

“See yall ponies later.” Applejack waved before going back to bucking. DP finally caught up to her after a few minutes of running. He found her just standing in the middle of some apple trees.

“Can’t find the coop?

“What? No! I uh… well shut up!”

“Ha-ha maybe next time don’t go running off when you don’t know where to go.”

“Yeah yeah, whatever just lead the way, and hurry up I have to go home soon.”

“Right this way your highness” DP laughed and started walking the correct way to the coop. Dashter didn’t pay any attention to the insult behind the compliment. She was just picturing herself as a queen with thousands of subjects.

“Oh the possibilities.” She said to herself with a grin.

“What was that?”

“Huh? Oh nothing…Nothing at all.”

“Right, well we are almost there, so stop whatever it is your doing.” Soon they could hear the voices of two ponies arguing. “This will be fun.”

“Now why would you ever think that putting a chicken in a well would be a good idea you dolt?” I don’t get it. Why put Scootaloo in a well? What? Oh…ha I see what you did there…hilarious. *snorts* HAHAHA I know I’ll be here all night! Lucky me…

“Well duh it’s science, yall wouldn’t understand it. You see if a chicken is in a body of water for long it turns into a duck, and momma has been saying how she needs a good ducking from dad.”

“…I… Yes um well… Let dad handle that. The big question is how we gunna get this here chicken out.” DP had already turned to leave before being stopped by Dashter who turned him back around.

“Hey guys.” DP said walking up to the twins

“Well howdy!” Applecake said with excitement. “I thought yall weren’t coming over.”

“Yeah well my mom is p-putting a party together f-for us, and I am here to let you know it w-will be a week from now at my h-house, after my c-class with Twilight.”

“Who’s us?” Asked Apple Jam.

“Well you t-two, Dashter here, and Gem. And of c-course me…Oh shoot I forgot to i-introduce you ponies. Well Dashter this is Applecake and Apple Jam.”

“Nice to meet you two.” She said extending her hoof

“Shoot it’s a pleasure to meet yall. Hey yall got wings you wouldn’t mind flying down this here well and getting a chicken would you?”

“Of course not! Anything for a new friend.” Dashter flew up into the air and flew into the well grabbing to chicken that was splashing about. Unfortunately for Dashter the chicken in its frantic state scratched Dashsters face causing her to yell, but not drop the chicken. She quickly flew out and dropped the chicken on the ground. “Agh! It scratched my face!” She yelled out grabbing her face.

“Oh shoot are you ok?” Applecake ran up to her trying to get a look at the cut. “Look what ya caused AJ.

“What me? I didn’t scratch her face!”

“No, but you put the blasted chicken in the well!”

“Oh that yeah… I’m sorry Dashter.”

“It’s… okay… I’m just going to go home now and get it looked at. It was nice meeting you.” She walked over to DP. “I can see now why you were so happy to come here.” She laughed.

“Ha yeah… but will you be okay?”

“Ha oh yeah this is nothing I’ll be fine. I will come back in the next few days to help ya fly again.” She smiled at him

“Ha, okay can’t wait.” Dashter gave him a hug and flew off. “Well I guess I’ll head home too.”

“Well all righty it was nice catching up and thanks for the party invite. We’ll see yall tomorrow.” Smiled Applecake

“Yup see ya then.” DP started his walk back home to unwind on an eventful day. As he reached Ponyville he had forgotten to ask his mom about the party. He rushed towards his home going as fast as his little legs could take him. To save time he took a shortcut down an ally that would cut his time in half. As he went down the alley it seemed as if the sun’s rays got darker for an unknown reason. “Well this can only be good.” He thought to himself. He decided to just try running faster to get out of the maze of alleys he was now in. Just then a voice shouted out to him.

“Why look who it is. The new retarded Pegasus who can’t even fly. Ha he doesn’t even have a cutie mark.”

“Ha yea what a dummy!”

“Ugh shut up you dolt.” The mysterious pony said to his friend smacking him. “Now where were we ah yes the tard here. Now why is a pegasus going to an earth pony school?”

“Look I d-don’t have time f-for this I have to g-go.”

“Oh i-i-i- ha-ha what is wrong with you freak?” DP tried walking past the two but the bigger one pushed him to the ground. “Hey where do you think you’re going? I’m not done with you yet.”

“Listed I d-don’t want any t-trouble. Can I p-please just go home?” DP got up off the ground and dusted himself off.

“Ah ah ah who said you could get up?” The pony asked pushing DP back down. “Now my friend and I here aren’t too keen on you flying freaks. And to hear that a pegasus was in an earth pony school, well that didn’t sit right with me, so I was going to look for you, but wouldn’t you know it you came to me.

“You don’t e-even go to this s-school why do you care?” DP asked getting up again.

“I said don’t get up!” The pony struck DP across the face with a right hoof. DP fell to the ground in pain. “Now as to your question… no I graduated sadly and now let’s just say I run a club. And in our club we just don’t like your kind frankly. I would highly suggest you drop out of that school.”

“Screw y-you I’m n-not quitting.” DP said spitting out blood.

“Ah well, see now we have a problem.” The pony walked up and hit DP in the stomach with another hoof. “I’m sure I can change your mind.” He gave another jab to DP’s broken wing. DP yelled out in pain, but nopony heard his cries. The Beating went on for 5 minutes, but for DP it was more like 5 hours. After the two ponies were done with the beating they just went off into the shadows leaving the unconscious DP in the alley.

“Derpy I’m worried. He hasn’t come home yet and it’s dark out.” Pinkie was walking around outside in front of Sugarcube Corner. Her hair was flat and she had a distraught look on her face.
*yawn* “Go to bed dear ill stay up and wait.”

“No! Something is wrong I can feel it. I’m going to go find him.”

“Okay I’m coming too though.”

“No go find Twilight she can help us track him down. I’ll start looking down every street till he is found. Now fly!”

“Right, I’m on it!” With that Derpy took to the skies towards Twilights school. And Pinkie ran off into the streets shouting DPs’ name.

“Derpy Pie where are you?” Pinkie yelled down the streets. She had felt her pinkie senses tingling, so she knew something was going to happen. “Where are you DP? Help me.”

“M-Mom…”

“DP!” Pinkie ran off as fast as she could to where she heard that faint cry. “I’m coming DP don’t you worry!” She entered into the alley way that DP had entered just 2 hours before hand. She rushed down the alleys to where she heard the voice come from and soon enough she came upon the small light pinkish beat up body of DP. “Oh Celestia DP!” Pinkie ran and kneeled at the body of DP picking him up in her hooves. “DP can you hear me? Are you ok?”

Coughing he was able to answer her. “Oh I’ve h-had worse.” He smiled before falling back into unconsciousness.

“No DP wake up!” Moments later Derpy and Twilight appeared and together they teleported to the Hospital.

Hours later DP finally awoke. He looked around to get a feel for his surroundings. It was during this he realized he was in the hospital, and not only that, he was in the same room from the last time he was there.

“Well this is just d-dandy” He said aloud.

“Well hi sleepy head!” A familiar voice called out.

“Oh hi Gem.” DP was confused… And in a lot of pain.