• Published 26th May 2013
  • 1,678 Views, 29 Comments

HiE Choose Your Own Adventure: The Mane Six and You VS Dreamweaver, Disciple of Discord. - ThereIsNo4thWall



An HiE Fanfic where you are teleported to Equestria to aid the Mane Six in a battle against a unicorn who has gained Discord's powers and plans to overthrow Equestria. Will you win? Will you fail? Will you try to join the forces of Chaos?

  • ...
3
 29
 1,678

Choices Chapter 3

-Demand To Be Sent Back Home-

No. Oh heck no. This isn't happening. You can't do this. You WON'T do this. This is too much. You can't save this world, you didn't even know it ACTUALLY EXISTED until not even five minutes ago!

"Lyra, wait!" You shout trying to keep yourself calm. Honestly, you're a mix of freaked out and angry, not necessarily at Lyra, just at your situation. You need to explain that you aren't the right one for the whole 'Saving Equestria' thing without sounding like a jerk. You ARE a big fan of the cartoon, after all. You just don't want to risk life and limb fighting against an enemy that's most likely much stronger than you. I mean, HE'S HOLDING HIS OWN AGAINST THE MANE SIX! What could you do compared to that?

"Huh? What's going on? What's up?" Lyra shouts as she rushes back to the room, almost tripping over her own hooves in her hurry to get back to you. "Uhm, are you alright?" She says once she's stopped running, and realizes that you look rather upset.

"I uh..." You say, trying to find the right words for this. "I'm not a hero." That's a good start. "I mean, I really don't think I have any special skills that are going to save the day, especially if he's already able to fight the Mane Six all at once on his own. I don't know why your spell brought me here, but I don't think it got the person you need. I'd really like to just, uh... Go back home. As soon as possible." Your voice and expression are both apologetic, and a little nervous, but there's also an edge of determination in both of them, and after a few seconds of staring, Lyra looks at the ground.

"Uh, okay, yeah, sure, if you really need to. You didn't ask for this or anything." Lyra says, looking back up at you again with a pleading expression. "Could you try to help anyways though? At least for right now? I mean, the Mane Six are likely going to lose this fight without your help, and I don't know if I can get you back home and get another Human here in time for them to help. The spell that summoned you here should naturally take you back home if your life becomes severely threatened, so you don't need to worry about, uh, dying or anything." Lyra explains, wincing a little at the mention of death. You watch Lyra dig her teeth into her lower lip, and she lowers her head to hide her face as she continues. "Although, we're dealing with a guy who specializes in Chaos magic and mind controlling people when they fall asleep, so I can't honestly guarantee your safety." You nod, definitely wanting to get the heck out of here against an enemy like that.

Your resolve wavers however, when Lyra looks up at you again. You aren't entirely certain, but you think you see tears in her eyes.

"Please stay? At least for this one fight? We really need your help. I..." The next line hits you like a physical blow, even worse than the spell that teleported you here. "I really don't want to fail my friends, especially when their lives are in danger." Lyra seems to be struggling to maintain eye contact with you, and you think you see a tear fall.

You feel a sharp pang of guilt for what you just did, but what you need to ask yourself, is if that guilt's strong enough to make you risk your life for a world you might not even be able to save anyway. You aren't a hero, at least, you don't think you are, but will you try to be one anyways?

-Leave-
You aren't a hero, the spell made a mistake. You'd be doing a huge disservice to Equestria if you tried to save the day while already knowing you wouldn't be able to. Best to get out of here ASAP, and let the real hero get here. They'll know what to do, and they'll even be able to do it. You probably have some major problems at home to deal with anyway, and you can't afford to disappear from your own world for more than a few minutes.

-Stay-
You don't think you can do this. You REALLY don't think you can do this, but Equestria needs, you, the Mane Six need you. You need to push your own fear aside, and try to be a hero. After all, maybe there's some sort of ability you have here you aren't aware of yet. Also, you REALLY can't say no to Lyra after all of that. You think your heart might burst from the guilt if you did.

-Help For Now-
You need to get back home soon, and you really doubt you're the hero destined to save the day, or anything like that. Still, if you leave now, you just might end up dooming all of Equestria. Help the Mane Six for now, and once the Big Bad is pushed back for a little bit, you can all get to work getting yourself back home, and the real hero here.