• Published 26th May 2013
  • 1,678 Views, 29 Comments

HiE Choose Your Own Adventure: The Mane Six and You VS Dreamweaver, Disciple of Discord. - ThereIsNo4thWall



An HiE Fanfic where you are teleported to Equestria to aid the Mane Six in a battle against a unicorn who has gained Discord's powers and plans to overthrow Equestria. Will you win? Will you fail? Will you try to join the forces of Chaos?

  • ...
3
 29
 1,678

What You'll Need For This Story

Hello! Before you begin your quest to save or doom the land of Equestria, you'll need to keep either a digital notepad or pen and paper, to keep track of the following:

INVENTORY: Various items you'll receive throughout your quest. Pretty self explanatory.

ENERGY POINTS: This represents the current level of energy you have. During your quest some of the things you'll try to do will be pretty darn draining. Without enough Energy Points, certain tasks could become more difficult to accomplish, or unable to be done at all. If you lose all of your Energy Points, you'll fall asleep. Normally you'd start off with 25 Energy Points, but you can start with 5 less or 5 more.

STRESS POINTS: Dealing with a crazed would-be-overlord isn't easy, but sometimes that's a good thing. Stress Points either REDUCE or INCREASE the amount of Energy Points and Friendship Points (which I'll discuss later) that are required for or taken away from various challenges. A high number of Stress Points can even serve as emergency Energy Points, but be careful. If you have 10 or more Stress Points at any one time, well, since when has having a mental breakdown ever helped? You start off with 3, 5, or 1, depending on your preference.

FRIENDSHIP POINTS: Friendship is Magic, and the bond you develop with the Mane Six is key in taking down Dreamweaver. The points you'll start off with are different for each pony, and are affected by dialogue options, and by completing or failing certain challenges. A large number of Friendship Points helps decrease negative affects from various challenges, and even allows you to solve challenges differently than you would normally. The type of challenges these rules apply to are different for each pony. Keep a different set of Friendship Points recorded for each character that joins your party.

HARMONY/CHAOS POINTS: Harmony and Chaos directly oppose each other, so you can't have both at the same time. Zero is neither, 1 and higher are Harmony Points, and -1 and lower Chaos Points. These points come into play less than any of the others, but they'll be what decides the big outcomes of what you try to do. Start with 1, 0, or -1, depending on your preference towards Chaos or Harmony.

That's all you need to know! No coins or dice necessary! Next Chapter: About Yourself.

Author's Note:

As this is kind of still a beta test, feel free to start with different amounts of these points, just to see how things work. If you do so, let me know what you start with, and what you end up going through, that way I can figure out if there's a different way to start that's better for the story than what I've listed. I really don't know what I'm doing here.