• Published 25th May 2013
  • 1,544 Views, 20 Comments

Into Hell, and out to where? - DarkAscension



I was paid to help track down a local Terrorist ring south of Ta'if, Saudi Arabia. It seemed like an easy enough job, find them, report their location, assist in the assault. But, as you know, Nothing ever goes as planned.

  • ...
5
 20
 1,544

Chapter 3

There I stood, face to face with an Armored Pony. Its armor was a shiny Gold, barely covering anything, just a chest piece and helmet. Its Blue eyes were wide with fear as it looked up at me. I started to lower my gun.

"Summer!" The voice surprised me, I turned around to find thirteen other armored ponies pointing what looked to be crossbows at me.

"Shit..." I raised my USP and grabbed the pony behind me. It screamed as I lifted it off the ground. The ponies tensed up as it squirmed in my grasp.

"Less hert gest!" A pony yelled. It was the only one in Purple armor. Though it still looked the same as the rest. White body, with a golden mane and tail, and...a tattoo?

Its voice was feminine, quiet, yet commanding and strong. Was she in charge? "Put your weapons down first!" I yelled back.
Most seemed shocked that I spoke, but Purple armored pony stood strong, "Less hert gest! Vow!"

I pulled my USP back and placed the barrel against my captive. The helmet made a soft ting as the barrel connected. "Weapons. Now." No one moved, save for the shaking pony I held on to.

I scanned the crowed in front of me. 'One, Two.....Twelve. Twelve? Where did the other one go?' I chance a look to my right and left. But I couldn't see anything. 'Shit.'

The purple armor pony raised her arm in the air, and slowly started to wave it down. "Loster yur bows..."

Slowly, they all lowered their crossbows. Once they were all down, I let out a sigh of relief. "Good, now lets start-"
"Wair!" The pony jumped forward pointing a hoof towards me. No, behind me!

Before I could react, I was tackled from behind.

Pfft!

My gun shot off as I was pushed to the ground. "NOOOO!!!!!!!"

Rolling on the ground, I let my training take over. I forced a stop with my ambusher on top of me. Placing an arm beneath its chin, I lifted it up and put three rounds into its stomach.

"Feer! Feer!" A pony yelled.

I pushed the dead pony away as arrows hit the ground around me. I scramble to get up as I blindly fire three more rounds at the ponies.

Once I finally get up and start running, time slows down as I look upon the scene in front of me.

The lifeless body of my pony captive laid on the ground, a single hole in the side of its helmet. The purple armored pony sits next to it, a hoof to her mouth as the other shakes the dead pony. "Summer?......S...Summer?..."

Time returning to normal speeds, I bolt past her and run deeper into the forest. Arrows fly past me as the other ponies give chase.

I ran as fast as I could. Weaving in and out of the trees to throw off their aim. I jumped over a tree root, nearly tripping as I landed. Keeping my momentum, I rounded another tree and slid down a steep hill.

I found myself in an open field once I hit the bottom. Looking back up, the ponies were right on my heels. Some sliding down the hill, while others flew in the sky overhead. I took back off running, arrows whizzing past me as I go.

I turn around briefly and fire three more rounds, emptying my gun. Holstering it, I continue my run back into the tree line a few yards away.

Entering the forest again, I continue my zigzag pattern with the trees. The arrows stopped firing, probably down to their last shots. Not chancing a glance back to make sure, I turn right behind a tree.

The Ghillie suit I was wearing snagged a branch which knocked me off my feet. I got the wind knocked out of me as I hit the ground. Breathing heavy, I slowly got up and made my way deeper into the trees.

I felt a sharp pain in my shoulder as I was pushed back to the ground. I screamed in pain as the arrow shifted when I hit the ground.

I reached up and winced as I touched it. I tried to get up, but the ponies caught up to me. "Halt!" One yelled. We all breathed heavily, as they pointed their crossbows at me. I looked up to see the pissed off, Purple armored pony loading a fresh round into her crossbow.

Her face was stained by tears, her wings flared out in anger. She took off her helmet and threw it to the ground roughly. I starred in disbelief as her fur turned Black and her mane turned a light Blue. Taking her crossbow, she aimed it at me a fired the round into my leg.

I tried not to scream, but failed as the arrow pierced my right thigh. I looked back up as she walked up to me. "Go...go to hell."

With that, she hit me with the butt of her crossbow, knocking me out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Canterlot Throne Room, 1253 hours.

Midnight Seas sat in front of Princess Celestia, finalizing her report.

"Good work on bringing the creature in Lieutenant. But was it really necessary to shoot it?" The Princess asked.

"It resisted ma'am." Midnight replied.

"I mean the second time."

"It killed Summer Princess!"

"That is no excuse! Your report stated that he was unarmed and surrounded at the time. There was no need for further violence."

"It also killed Jump Zone, and wounded Platinum Dust! It could run fast, and possessed great-"

"Midnight Seas, I still-"

"It was a safety precaution ma'am! I didn't want to take anymore chances with it!"

Celestia took a deep breath to calm herself down. "Midnight, is that all you have to report?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Then you are dismissed." Celestia waved her hoof to the door.

"I request permission to guard the creature ma'am!"

"Absolutely not."

"What!? Ma'am, its my prisoner! I brought it in, I want to guard it!" Midnight slammed her hoof to the ground as she stepped closer to the Princess.

"Midnight...Your exhausted, and you just lost your friend. You need time to mourn her. Please, take a few days off-"

"I don't need time off! Nor do I need time to mourn Summer! I'll do-"

"IF YOU KEEP INSISTING ON INTERRUPTING ME, I WILL SUSPEND YOU LIEUTENANT!" Celestia yelled in the Royal Canterlot Voice her sister was found of using. "Now, you are dismissed. If you truely want to guard the creature, report to me in two days time. I will station you there with another guard of my choosing. Now go."

Midnight just starred at Celestia. Threw up a salute and trotted out the Throne room.

'I'll get you for what you did to Summer. I swear it.'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Canterlot Dungeon, 1540 hours.

I awoke on a soft, small bed looking at stone ceiling. "The hell?" I quietly say, glancing around the room. It looked like a cross between a medieval dungeon and a hotel room. The room was made of stone, and was slightly to short for me to stand up fully.

Like I could though. When I tried to sit up my shoulder and leg throbbed in pain. I winced and laid back down. The bed was so small my legs hung off the end of it.

Sighing in defeat, I call out to get someones attention. "Hello? Is anyone there?"

After a moment of silence, a white pony clad in golden armor peered its head through the bars on the door. We starred at each other for a second until it pulled back and walked off.

I sighed again. "Great. Now what?"

I looked down at my body. The front of my Ghille suit had droplets of blood stained on it, and my leg and shoulder were horribly wrapped up. Lifting my good arm, I slid the hood of my Ghille suit off, and pulled down its face mask.

Realizing how hot it was, I reached down and unzipped the Ghille suit. Grabbing the collar of my jacket, I rapidly tugged at it to circulate air down my body. But it wasn't really working. It was hot and muggy in my cell.

I was torn from my thoughts by the door unlocking. It opened as I looked over, a tall and slender pony walked in. Her coat was a brilliant white with the slightest tint of pink, and her mane was a combination of Blue, Green, Pink, and Purple. That, along with her tail, seemed to flow naturally in an unknown breeze. But what really stood out was her wings and horn.

Now I saw those other ponies flying before so that didn't surprise me much. But the horn, what was it for? Defense?

It spoke to me, but I couldn't understand, "Greetings. I am Princess Celestia, Co ruler of Equestria. You are currently inside Canterlot Castle. Can I ask your name?"

I just starred at it and raised an eyebrow. "I don't understand you. Sorry."

It softly smiled and pointed to herself. "Princess Celestia." Than pointed at me.

'Princess? It's Royalty? Or rather she is? Celestia must be her name then.'

"Princess Celestia." She repeated pointing at herself. She pointed back at me.

"Matt. Matt Hewson."

She smiled brightly as I told her. "Twilight, would you come in now?" I looked over at the door as a Purple pony with both wings and a horn walked in. I looked back and forth between the two.

Celestia pointed at the purple pony, "Twilight Sparkle." I gave a slow nod acknowledging her.

"Twilight, this is Matt Hewson." Celestia gestured at me.

Twilight stepped up to my bed and looked over my, observing my every detail.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Matt Hewson. I have to ask, these are cloths your wearing correct? What are they called? What's their purpose?" She spat the questions rapidly.

I gave an unsure smile, "Um, I'm sorry but, I don't know what your saying. I can't understand you."

Twilight deflated as I spoke. "It doesn't speak Equestrian...." Celestia put a hoof on Twilights shoulder.

"Indeed. That's why I need you to do something for me. It's speech doesn't seem that different from Equestrian, so I believe a spell might be able to bridge the gap between us. Do some research, and come to me once you feel confident you have the right spell."

Twilight had a look of determination as she nodded to the Princess. She ran out the room and stopped as she rounded the corner. Peeking back in she waved to me. Smiling, I gave a short wave back, getting her to smile as she left.

I turned back to Celestia who looked to be in deep thought.

"Though I doubt such a spell exists. It would be greatly appreciated if you could find one..." She said to herself. She looked at me, "For now, it seems we need to better understand each other."

She smiled and turned around to leave. "I will return soon Matt Hewson. Get some rest." She said as she left. The door closed and locked as I was left alone.

"Better get some sleep. Not much else I can do anyway..."