• Published 1st Jun 2013
  • 323 Views, 10 Comments

Equestria's Finest Academy - Alicorn Forever



All the ponies here are prim and proper, until they meet Flame Runner

  • ...
6
 10
 323

Keep your Hoof up

This morning I just got all my books and scrolls from Miss Rosy Cheeks. Let me tell you, there was at least 15 scrolls. First I have cooking, then I have art, next math, Ew math, I've always hated math, since when do we need to learn numbers? After that is pony history and you get the drill. I gallop to my next class, because who wants to be late on their first day? I accidentally drop my scroll. Twice. Finally I make it upstairs to the cooking room. I grabbed a seat by a light green pony with a white mane.
"Hi, I'm Flame Runner-" I start until she says,
"This seat is saved, sorry." Then she looks back down on her worksheet she was working on.
"Sorry." I say as I get up and go to the back of the class. I sit next to this smallish pony with a snip hole in his bangs and glasses.
"Hi." I start t say as I pick up my cooking book.
"Oh, uh hi." He says back as he's writing down the assignment on a letter.
"Is the teacher always late for class?" I try to strike up a conversation.
"Yeah, for the most part." He replies not looking up from his paper.
"You're not very talkative are you?" I say as I write down the notes to.
"Oh, my apologies, I've just never talked to a pretty mare before." He finally looks up from his paper and into my eyes.
"So, What's your name." I ask trying to ignore the fact he just fancy flirted with me.
"Chimes." He replies. Softly though, like he doesn't want anyone to know. Finally the teacher walks in,
"Okay class, pick up your cake mixtures from the back room and we'll get started." She says.
"I'm Flame Runner by the way." I tell Chimes.
"Here, I'll show you the back room." He says as class continues on.

"Now class, when whisking, you must keep your hoof up!" She explains as she holds her hoof high for all the class to see. The green pony that didn't let me sit next to her raised her hand.
"Yes, Fallen Leaf?" Our teacher, who's name I learned was Miss Pie Crust, asked.
"What happens when the batter is too thick?" Fallen asks so matter-of-factually that she might as well know the answer.
"Well class, you have to thin your batter or else it will explode in the oven." Miss Pie Crust explains. I grab a clomp of my batter and it feels pretty thick. I turn on my whisker and turn my batter for another minute. It still feels thick so I turn it on high power. Bad idea. It starts to spill batter on me, then Chimes then the whole class! One big chunk of batter fly's across the room and directly hits Miss Pie Crust right between the eyes.
"Class Dismissed." She said slowly as every pony ran away.