• Published 30th Sep 2013
  • 2,559 Views, 84 Comments

ButterflyCakes II: Kindness and Laughter - FlameingToast



Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie begin their realationship as marefriend's. What could go wrong?

  • ...
2
 84
 2,559

Prolouge: First Date

Fluttershy nervously chewed the inside of her cheek as she stood in front of Sugarcube Corner. It had been a few days since she and Pinkie had admitted their feelings for each other. So far they hadn't really talked about it too much. Fluttershy took a deep breath and pushed open the doors, a little scared.

Pinkie Pie looked up from the counter and saw Fluttershy. Her eyes lit up and she began to grin. "Hi Fluttershy!" Pinkie excitedly said.

"Hey, Pinkie." Fluttershy mumbled, blushing. "I was wondering...if I could talk with you."

Pinkie Pie nodded her head "Sure thing Fluttershy!" She trotted towards the stairs "Follow me! I have a break in two seconds any way."

Fluttershy swallowed her fear and followed Pinkie upstairs to her room. Pinkie Pie jumped onto her bed started bouncing on it. Fluttershy just tried to avoid looking at her.

"So, whatcha want to talk about?" Pinkie Pie grinned as Fluttershy's face grew red again "Your so cute when you blush!" She added, making her blush even more.

Fluttershy gulped "Well..remember how we said that we liked each other?"

Pinkie chuckled "Yeah, I'd think that I'd remember that!"

Fluttershy nervously laughed, and then continued "So, I was thinking..." she trailed off looking at the ground.

"C'mon Flutters!" Pinkie smiled stepping off of the bed and walking over to Fluttershy "You can tell me anything!"

"Would you like to go on a...date?" Fluttershy whispered. This is where she says no, Fluttershy sadly thought, looking at the ground.

Pinkie Pie squealed and tackled Fluttershy with a bear hug "I thought you would never ask!" She planted a small kiss on her forehead.

Fluttershy gave a sigh of relief "I thought that you would say no. I'm glad you didn't though." Fluttershy smiled and stood up, after Pinkie let go of her with her death grip.

"Of course, I'd say yes! I like you, remember?" Pinkie laughed.

"I know...but I couldn't help being nervous. How about I pick you up from here at seven." Fluttershy asked, feeling considerably happier than she had been in ages.

Pinkie jumped up and down excitedly "I can't wait!" She paused in midair as another thought crossed her mind "Does this mean were marefriends?"

Fluttershy frowned "I'm not sure...we didn't really talk about these things."

Pinkie tapped her chin in thought "Oh yeah. We didn't, did we?" She shrugged "Let's just talk about it tonight."

Fluttershy felt light headed and giddy "Sure thing Pinkie. See you then." Pinkie Pie was about to protest her leaving, but Mrs. Cake's voice could be heard from downstairs "Pinkie Pie! Get down here, we have customers!"

Pinkie shot like a rocket down the steps saying "See ya tonight."

***

Pinkie Pie kept looking at the clock. It was nearing seven, and she was more anxious than she cared to let on. Come on Pinkie, calm down! It's just a date that could decide your future relationship with Fluttershy, nothing to worry about!

Pinkie frowned. We both like each other, there's no way that it can't go well. Could there?. Her ears perked up when she heard a faint knock at the door.

Pinkie Pie opened the door and saw Fluttershy balancing a picnic basket on her back "Hey Pinkie." She said "I thought we could have a picnic...if you like that idea?"

"Yeah, that sounds awesome!" Pinkie said, following Fluttershy as she began to trot towards their date. "I'm starving!" Pinkie added as her stomach growled.

Fluttershy chuckled "Well, I brought plenty of food. I even made those cookies that you love." She and Pinkie were starting to leave Ponyville, and from what direction they were going in it seemed like they were heading for the Whitetail Woods.

Pinkie Pie gave a comical gasp "The super sugary chocolate ones!" she said hopefully.

Fluttershy chuckled "Yes, those are the ones." Fluttershy pointed a hoof a hill at the edge of the Whitetail Woods with a tree standing on it. Under the tree was a red and white checkered blanket. "Here we are!" Fluttershy grinned. So far so good.

"Race ya to the top!" Pinkie suddenly exclaimed running to the hill. To her surprise, Pinkie found Fluttershy chasing after her. They were neck and neck as they neared the top. Pinkie Pie reached the blanket a few seconds before Fluttershy. Both ponies were catching their breath as they sat down on the picnic blanket.

Pinkie Pie laughed "I never thought that I'd get you to race."

Fluttershy grinned "Well, normally I wouldn't. But I feel like I can act a little silly around you."

Pinkie Pie beamed "That's really sweet!" She then rummaged through the basket "Speaking of sweet, I really want those cookies!"

***

"So then Pound Cake started ripping pictures off of the wall, and I had to keep grabbing them and putting them back up." Pinkie Pie recounted her latest babysitting escapades to Fluttershy. Fluttershy was holding back laughter, just in case it hurt Pinkie's feelings.

The date had been going well enough, it was just like a regular picnic that they both had had with their friends. But this felt more special. So far they had just ate food, talked, and laughed together. Time didn't seem like it was passing, but as Fluttershy noticed, it was getting dark.

"Pinkie, maybe we should start heading home." Fluttershy sighed, she didn't want to leave. However, there were animals to be fed.

Pinkie's face fell "Aw. Is it because your not having fun?" She asked worriedly.

"I'm having tons of fun right now." Fluttershy stated cheering Pinkie up. "But I need to feed the owls, and it's getting dark."

Pinkie blinked, and then looked around. It had gotten dark, and she had been to wrapped up in conversation to notice. There were fireflies everywhere, green lights from them were flickering all over the place.

"Well, Pinkie Promise me we'll do this again. Okay?" Pinkie Pie asked "That sounded a lot less needy in my head." Pinkie added chuckling.

Fluttershy smiled wide "Sure thing..marefriend." She put emphasis on the word.

Pinkie Pie tackled Fluttershy into another bear hug, except this time it sent them both tumbling down the hill. The two ponies landed next to each other at bottom of the hill covered in grass. Fluttershy gave a small "Ow..."

Pinkie Pie either wasn't hurt, or she didn't care. All she cared about was that she had a marefriend. Fluttershy was her marefriend. Pinkie Pie got up and held a hoof to Fluttershy, still dazed on the grass.

"Come on marefriend. Let's go home!" Pinkie smiled as she helped Fluttershy up.