• Published 30th Sep 2013
  • 2,559 Views, 84 Comments

ButterflyCakes II: Kindness and Laughter - FlameingToast



Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie begin their realationship as marefriend's. What could go wrong?

  • ...
2
 84
 2,559

No Secrets Amongst Close Friends

Fluttershy was lounging on her couch, reading a magazine. She had fed all the creatures that needed her help, and to be truthful she was a little bored. She glanced at the clock on a nearby table and saw that it was almost noon.

It was the quiet all around her. Normally the peace and quiet was calming, but after spending so much time with an energetic pony, it just wasn't the same. It was too silent, except for the occasional chirp of a bird.

I should go see one of the girls, she decided. I haven't seen Rarity in a while. I should stop by and say hello. Fluttershy sat up from the couch and stretched her wings. As she was flying out of the door she said "I'll be gone for a little bit Angel, try to stay out of trouble."

Fluttershy smiled as she left her house and felt the warming sunlight. It looked like it was going to be a perfect day. She was only hovering a few feet off of the ground, but the small breeze felt nice. Fluttershy was barely paying attention to her surroundings, just enjoying the day, and before she knew it she wound up at the Carousel Boutique's doorstep.

Fluttershy knocked on the door and patiently waited for Rarity to answer the door.

"Welcome to the Carousel Boutique!" Rarity recited as she opened the door.

"Hiya Rarity." Fluttershy muttered.

"Hello Fluttershy!" Rarity smiled. Motioning for Fluttershy to come inside she said "I haven't seen you in ages!" Over emphasizing the word ages.

Fluttershy chuckled at the slightly over dramatic greeting "I saw you last week."

Rarity nodded "Ages, weeks. Same difference. Would you like something to drink?" She offered.

"Water please." Fluttershy asked, trotting into the sitting area. She sat in one of the chairs and waited for Rarity to return.

After a few moments, Rarity returned with a glass of water. She handed the glass to Fluttershy, receiving a small thank you, before sitting across from her,

"So, what made you decide to stop by?" Rarity asked curiously.

Fluttershy grinned "Well, I was a little bored at home. Also, as you said, its been ages since I've seen you."

Rarity raised an eyebrow "You were bored?"

"Yeah" Fluttershy nodded "It was to quiet there. To be honest, it was a little strange"

Rarity raised her other eyebrow "Okay, now I've seen everything. You didn't like it being quiet?" She asked incredulously. Why would she-oh. Rarity smiled in understanding as she got an idea.

"It's because of Pinkie Pie isn't it?" Rarity asked.

Fluttershy spluttered, and spit out the water she was drinking "P-Pinkie P-Pie? What do y-you mean?" Fluttershy nervously asked.

"I meant that after spending a whole week living with another pony, it might take a little bit to adjust back?" Rarity frowned "What did you think I meant?" Rarity asked. Maybe Pinkie worked up the courage to tell her? Rarity studied Fluttershy's blushing face. From the looks of it, Fluttershy said yes. But they didn't tell us!?

Rarity pursed her lips and narrowed her eyes at Fluttershy "Is there anything that you would like to tell me?"

Fluttershy shrank against the chair "Umm...not particularly." She muttered, allowing her mane to cover her face.

Rarity stared at Fluttershy for a few moments longer before stating "Pinkie asked you out." Fluttershy gave a small eep as she tried to sink deeper into the cushion.

Rarity smiled and clapped her two front hooves in delight "I knew that she could do it! how long have you two been dating?"

Fluttershy tried to stop blushing as she answered "She told me she liked me about a week ago...we went on a date two days ago."

Rarity gave a girlish squeal "My little Fluttershy has found herself a mare!" Rarity then allowed herself to frown "Why haven't you told anypony?"

Fluttershy manged to calm herself down "I'm not sure...I don't want anypony to think badly of Pinkie or me."

Rarity shook her head "Nonsense. You need to tell ponies about something as important as this."

Fluttershy looked mortified "You want us to tell everpony in Ponyville!?"

Rarity quickly responded as Fluttershy started to freak out "No, of course not!" Rarity placed a hoof on Fluttershy's shoulder "You can start out small. Just tell the rest of the girls."

Fluttershy bit her lip "I..dunno Rarity. I'm not sure what Pinkie Pie wants."

"I'm sure that she wants to tell them." Rarity said encouragingly.

Fluttershy stayed quiet for a few minutes before slowly nodding "You're right. Pinkie and I can't keep our relationship hidden."

Rarity gave Fluttershy a hug and said "that's the spirit! I'll invite everyone over here at eight. You and Pinkie can give them the good news then!"

Fluttershy felt like she had butterflies in her stomach, but she gave a weak grin and tried to ignore the feeling "sounds like a plan."

***

Pinkie Pie was about to hop out of Sugarcube Corner, but as she opened the door she found Fluttershy at the doorstep.

"Oh, hey Flutters!" Pinkie grinned enthusiastically.

Fluttershy smiled as well, feeling marginally better. I should just come right out and say it "Pinkie, Rarity wants us to come over to the boutique at eight tonight...to tell all the girls about our relationship."

Pinkie jumped up and down in place "Awesome! I can't wait to see their faces when we tell 'em!"

Fluttershy blinked in surprise "Really? You're not worried...not even a little bit?"

Pinkie twiddled her hooves embarrassingly "Well...when we had the chickenpox, I kinda asked Rarity for advice. I was worried then, but I realized that all our friends won't think of us differently."

Fluttershy was surprised again "That's actually making me feel better about all this." Fluttershy looked around to see that nopony was watching before planting a light kiss on Pinkie's nose "You always know what to say to calm me down."

Pinkie beamed planting a kiss on Fluttershy's cheek, not caring if anypony saw. Nopony did though, which Fluttershy didn't mind. "I was about to go see if you wanted anything to eat, but while were here why don't we get some cupcakes?"

"Sounds great." Fluttershy replied.

***

Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie were standing in Rarity's living room. across from them was Rarity and Twilight sitting on a couch. Applejack was sitting in a chair, and Rainbow Dash was hovering lazily above them all.

"So, Rarity says that you two have an announcement?" Twilight asked.

"Yeah." Rainbow Dash began "It better be important, I'm missing the perfect night to practice."

"Oh, hush sugarcube." Applejack rolled her eyes "You'll have time to practice yer tricks."

Rarity shushed all of them, before turning to the couple "So why don't you two tell them the good news. That is, if they don't interrupt you first."

Pinkie Pie put a hoof around Fluttershy's shoulder "I'm not sure how the best way to tell you all this is. So, I'll just say it. Fluttershy and I are dating!" She smiled.

Rainbow Dash laughed after a few seconds "Nice one Pinkie! for a moment I thought that you were serious."

Fluttershy turned her head towards Pinkie and kissed her on the mouth drawing gasps from Rainbow Dash and Twilight, and an 'awww' from Rarity. Applejack just grinned, seeing her friends happy.

Fluttershy broke away from Pinkie "Believe her now?" Everypony was quiet for a moment.

Twilight was the first to break the silence "Congratulations! You two make such an adorable couple!" She grinned at them.

Applejack nodded in agreement "Yeah, congrats." Applejack shook her head "Never woulda thought that you two would end up together."

Rainbow Dash chuckled embarrassingly "I totally knew that it wasn't a joke." She coughed "It's cool that you two are dating....I'm not really sure what to say. I'm not for all this touchy feely stuff."

Pinkie grinned "That's okay! I know you mean well." She stepped forward slightly before exclaiming "Group hug!"

Fluttershy found herself squished in between her closest friends as their supportive remarks ran through her head. "You girls are the best!" Fluttershy said. She felt so happy and relieved as she returned the hug that she even teared up a little bit.