• Published 19th May 2013
  • 1,744 Views, 76 Comments

Doctor Whooves Episode 17: Angie the Great - Doctor Perseus



As the armies recover, Esmeralda sets her sights on Canterlot. Meanwhile, as Donna ventures into the Changeling Castle, the Doctor, Twilight, and Angie take charge of the Equestrian army while Celestia recovers.

  • ...
3
 76
 1,744

Help Comes with a Dragon

Chapter 8: Help Comes with a Dragon

Abandoned Bakery, Gustus Amoris, the Changeling Empire, Gaia, Summer, 56 C.E.

Derpy sat up as a series of loud roars echoed through the air. She ran to the window and looked around for any sign of the source of the roars.

"Where's it coming from?!" Derpy asked.

"I think I know," Flarewing said suddenly. He extended his wings and made his way over to the door. "Back in a moment." Derpy watched and Flarewing passed through the door and took to the skies.

Several tense moments of silence passed as Derpy, Bass, and the others waited for Flarewing's return. Derpy didn't budge from the window. She wanted to know what was happening. She needed to know what was happening. Derpy's eyes widened in anticipation as she finally caught sight of Flarewing running along the street in front of the bakery; and he wasn't alone.

"Donna!" Derpy exclaimed happily as the red-headed woman walked into the bakery with Flarewing right behind her. Derpy rushed forward and wrapped her forelegs around Donna. "You're okay!"

"Of course, I'm all right. Now, not trying to be rude or anything but could you please let me breathe again?" Donna replied. Derpy giggled with embarrassment as she released her hold of Donna. It was here that everypony in the room noticed what Donna had in her arms.

"Did you find it? Did you find Esmeralda's greatest weakness?" Bass asked as he examined the bundle of cloth being held in Donna's arms.

"Yeah; and, Flarewing, you were right about it being her heart...only it's a bit more than that." Donna opened the cloths a bit to reveal the infant Cloak to the others.

"An infant?" Flarewing asked.

"Not just any infant. This is Cloak, Esmeralda's only child," Donna stated. A few gasps echoed through the room.

Flarewing stepped forward and pointed at the red spot on Cloak's chest. "Is that-"

"Yeah. That's where her heart is."

One of the changelings, who was named Tywin, suddenly unsheathed a knife and made his way over to Donna and Cloak. "Good. Then let's finish this!" he snarled.

"No! We can't hurt Cloak! I promised Thorne!"

"Thorne?" Derpy asked.

"She's Cloak's aunt and the one who's been taking care of him in the castle for the past two years. She's still there. I promised her that I would find a way to defeat Esmeralda without hurting Cloak."

"But how are we to remove the heart? This is very dark magic," stated Bass.

"This is Esmeralda's magic," said Flarewing.

Donna stepped away from the armed Tywin. "Please. I think there's a way that we can use Cloak to help defeat Esmeralda without hurting Cloak. Please," Donna pleaded. Tywin was silent for a moment but eventually rolled his eyes and stored the knife away. "Thank you. Now lets-" Donna unexpectedly felt a wave of nausea roll over her. Everything became blurry and her legs began to feel like jello.

"Donna?" Derpy asked.

"I...don't feel...so good," Donna groaned as she fell to the floor. She managed to fall onto her back, preventing Cloak from getting hurt from the fall.

"DONNA!" Derpy cried as she and the others ran to her side. Flarewing picked up Cloak to keep him safe. "Donna? What's happened?"

Bass turned towards Donna's leg and quickly found the minor wound she had obtained earlier. "She's been cut by a poisoned arrow," stated Bass as he pointed at the cut, which was now starting to glow a bright mixture of green and purple.

"We've got to help her!"

"I would...but I don't have the antidote! I had a box full of potions, antidotes, and poisons but I believe it was destroyed in the fire."

"No, it wasn't," said Kell. Kell disappeared into a back room for a moment before reappearing with a medium-sized, black box. "I managed to grab it before we escaped the fire. I assumed that it would probably come in handy."

"Oh! Thank you, Kell!" Bass ran over to the box and flipped it open. Over a hundred vials of various, multicolored liquids were located in the box. Bass eventually found a solution that was a mixture of blue and red colors and grabbed it. Donna was beginning to shake and a strange foam was dripping from her mouth. Bass quickly opened the vial and poured a few drops into Donna's mouth. It took a few seconds for the antidote to take effect. Slowly, Donna stopped shaking and the foam disappeared. Color returned to her skin and a relaxed smile appeared on her face. "You need not worry, Derpy. She'll be fine."

"Thank you!" Derpy said happily as she hugged Donna.

"She's quite a strong one, that Donna. She was able to hold off the major effects of the poison for quite some time through what appears to be a mixture of willpower and some minor healing solution. She's lucky that we had the antidote. My guess is that she probably wouldn't have lasted five more minutes without it," Bass explained. Donna sat up and groaned slightly.

"That...was not fun," she said with a sigh.

"I bet it wasn't," Flarewing stated with a chuckle. Donna stood up and Flarewing handed the cooing Cloak to her. "We best get to the north now. I have a feeling that the Equestrians definitely need our help in dealing with Esmeralda."

"We have to get up there quickly!" Derpy said as she suddenly rushed over to the door. "Everypony needs us!"

"But it took several hours for that dragon to fly us from Equestria to here and I can guess that it'll take several hours to get back," Donna said. "And I have a feeling that everybody...er...sorry...everypony up there could really use our help right now." Suddenly, a smile appeared on Bass's face. "What are you smiling about?"

"I think I have a way to get us to Equestria within a much shorter time span," Bass replied. He turned towards the box of potions and pulled out a vial containing an orange liquid.

"What's that?" Derpy asked.

"Something that'll help Erik get us to Equestria in record time. It's called Velocita Potus."

"And what does it do?" Donna asked.

"Simple," Bass replied with a grin. "It's a speed booster."

Royal Hospital, Canterlot, Equestria, Gaia, Summer, 56 C.E.

Angie gripped the apples in her foreleg tightly as the Queen of the Changelings stared at her. Angie had managed to see the queen make her way into the hospital and had quickly deduced that she had come there for the Princess. At first, running in and throwing an apple at the queen in order to save Princess Celestia had sounded simple enough. Now that Angie was standing there with apples at the ready and Queen Esmeralda staring her down, it was a completely different story. Angie tried her best to make herself look as brave as possible before the Queen of the Changelings.

"I will not let you harm the Princess!" Angie snapped. An amused smile appeared on Esmeralda's face.

"How cute," Esmeralda chuckled as her eyes began to glow. "You really expected to defeat me with-" Esmeralda grunted as she was met with an apple to the face, thus breaking her concentration on Angie. "Ha. Very cute, my little-" Another apple smacked her in the face. "I say, you're starting to test-" She was met with another apple. "Your efforts are-" Angie tossed another apple and it was another direct hit. "You're starting to really get on my-" Another apple. "I'm am getting tired-" Another apple. "Will. You. Knock. It-" Another apple. "OFF?!" Another apple.

Angie was beginning to worry as she had expected this number if apples to at least render Esmeralda slightly unconscious. Still, she continued to try and make herself look as tough as possible. "I..I will keep this up until you step away from the Princess!" Angie snapped. An evil look appeared on Esmeralda's face and her eyes glowed bright green.

"Careful, child!" Celestia warned. "She has dark magic that will-" Celestia suddenly found herself unable to move her mouth.

"That will be enough from you, Celestia," snapped Esmeralda. The Changeling Queen then turned her attention back to Angie. "Now, I shall take care of-" She was once again met with an apple to the face. "I. Have. Had. ENOUGH!" Green fire burst from Esmeralda's eyes and Angie yelped as her entire body instantly felt as if it were on fire. "YOU SHALL DIE AN INCREDIBLY SLOW AND PAINFUL DEATH YOU INCREDIBLY USELESS SACK OF CRAP!" Cuts began forming all over Angie's body and her organs felt like they were about to either explode or be crushed into dust. Everything began to fade to black. She was going into shock. Just as she felt the claws of death begin to wrap around her, a flash of purple light illuminated the room for a few seconds.

"ANGIE!" cried Twilight Sparkle as she teleported into the room. Twilight quickly observed the scene before her: a weakened Celestia lying in her bed while Esmeralda used her dark powers to torture Angie. Twilight aimed her horn at Esmeralda and fired a stream of random spells. Esmeralda yelled angrily as a ball of fire, a ball of ice, and a ball of magical energy collided with her body. Angie let out a loud gasp as her body was freed from Esmeralda's magical grasp.

"YOU STUPID PONIES! DIE! ALL OF YOU, JUST DIE!" screamed Esmeralda as she rushed at Twilight. Twilight shot a beam of purple magic out of her horn, which was met with a beam of green magic from Esmeralda.

Twilight could feel an incredible amount of pain rushing through her body. She could feel Esmeralda's dark magic trying to work its way inside of her. But she wouldn't allow it. She couldn't allow it. She had to stop Esmeralda. She had to save Equestria. For herself, for Celestia, for Angie, for the Doctor, for Derpy, for Donna, and for everypony else that had yet to come into the world. "I will not let you win, Esmeralda!" Twilight screamed as she began to force Esmeralda's magic away from her and her own magic into Esmeralda. Esmeralda's horn was smoking and her skin was beginning to burn. Finally, Twilight managed to send Esmeralda flying back into the wall. As Esmeralda began to attempt recovering from Twilight's attack, Twilight felt her body grow extremely weak. That last feat of magic had taken a lot out of her.

Esmeralda gave a cruel smile as she noticed Twilight growing weak. "You are weakened, unicorn. Yet, I have plenty of magic to spare. It's time to finish this," snarled the evil queen. Suddenly, the entire hospital shook. In fact, it felt as if the entire city were shaking. A loud roar ripped through the air and the sound resembling that of a volcano erupting pounded against everypony's eardrums.

"What's happening?!" asked a still weakened Angie as she gripped onto a nearby piece of furniture.

"I don't know!" Twilight replied as the sound continued to grow louder.

Canterlot Castle, Canterlot, Equestria, Gaia, Summer, 56 C.E.

The Doctor made his way to a balcony as the entire city shook around him. Confused changelings and ponies tried to balance themselves on the shaking ground. The Doctor turned towards the south and deduced that the shaking was being created by the fiery, red object hurtling its way towards the city. "What in the stars of Kasterborous?!" the Doctor asked out loud. The object soared across the city wall and towards the castle. Changelings and ponies tried their best to make it out of the object's path. However, the Doctor didn't feel threatened. Something in his gut told him that the object was not something to be feared, but to be welcomed. The object began to slow down as it approached the balcony in which the Doctor was standing upon. The fiery ring disappeared from around the object and the Doctor was surprised to find that the object was actually a large, red dragon. As the Doctor examined the dragon further, he realized that it wasn't alone. Holding onto various parts of the dragon were changelings. At first, the Doctor feared that the dragon was an ally of Esmeralda's. That's what he feared until he noticed two familiar figures riding on the dragon's back: a red-headed human woman and a pegasus mare with a blonde mane and gray coat. "Derpy?! Donna?!"

"Long time, no see. Eh, Doctor?" said Donna with a large smile. Flarewing, Bass, and the other changelings flew from the dragon and headed off to aid the Equestrians, which surprised the other ponies to see that there were changelings fighting on their side. Erik the dragon edged closer to the balcony and let Derpy and Donna slide off.

"How?" asked the Doctor in ecstatic shock. "What?"

"It's a long story," said Derpy as she gave the Doctor a quick hug.

"We can tell him later. Right now we need to find Esmeralda," said Donna.

The Doctor took notice of the infant changeling in Donna's arms. "Donna Noble, may I at least ask why you're holding an infant changeling?" asked the Doctor.

"Because this is the key to us ending this war." Donna took a step closer to the Doctor. "Now where's Esmeralda?"