• Published 17th May 2013
  • 4,515 Views, 183 Comments

Crossover Into Chaos - dabestgamer



A crossover of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic with Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's. After an encounter with strange individuals, Twilight finds herself in another world...

  • ...
10
 183
 4,515

PreviousChapters Next
Turn 35: Shelter at the Top

Leo sat at the side of the bed, a worried expression on his face as he glanced at his twin sister lying quietly under the blanket.

“You two seem really close,” said a female voice.

“Of course we are, Sassy Saddles. She’s family, and I’m supposed to protect her,” Leo replied.

“I’m sure she’ll be feeling well soon enough.” Sassy kept a short distance away from the twins.

Luna opened her eyes and looked at Leo. “I’ll be fine,” she said.

“I hope so. Thanks again for letting us stay here for a while,” Leo turned back towards Sassy.

“…Sure,” replied the unicorn.

“Hm? What’s up?”

“I still can’t be certain I can trust you, especially once she’s feeling better.”

“Why would you say that? We have no reason to hurt you!”

“I don’t believe the other members of your kind had any reason to hurt me or the citizens of Canterlot here. Nevertheless, they have.”

“My kind?” Leo repeated. “There are more humans here than just the other few I saw?”

“Yes, of course. They devastated this city!”

“But—” Before he could stand up, Leo was interrupted by a tug on his sleeve. He turned to see Luna shake her head. “Luna…”

Silence filled the room.

“I can’t believe those guys would do this to the world of Duel Monsters spirits,” stated Leo.

“Excuse me…? Duel… what?” Sassy said.

Leo stared at the unicorn in confusion. “How do you not know what a Duel Monster is? You are a Duel Monster, right?”

Sassy returned the expression.

“Leo…” Luna spoke up.

“What, sis?” replied Leo.

“I don’t think we’re in Kansas anymore.”

“Then… where are we?!” Leo panicked.

“I’m not sure what this ‘Duel Monster’ is, but I am a pony and I can assure you that you are in the city of Canterlot in the land of Equestria,” Sassy stated. “Now if you’ll excuse me, I must tend to the boutique.”

After Sassy left the room and closed the door, Leo turned back towards his sister. “I could swear we were in the Spirit World… right?”

“Yeah…” Luna answered.

“Then how did we end up here in this ‘Equestria’?”

“Don’t know,” Luna sat up.

A knock on the door was heard.

“Come in,” Leo answered.

The door opened. Sassy entered levitating two bowls with her horn, floating one to each of the twins.

“Salad?”

“In case you two were hungry,” Sassy replied.

“Oh, thanks,” Leo said, as he and his sister gripped their bowls.

“What’s wrong?” The unicorn saw Leo hesitate.

“I don’t know, I guess I just expected to be having meat.” The boy looked up at Sassy. “Did I say something?”

“M… meat…?”

“Yeah? What about it?”

“Leo, you do realize Sassy is a pony, right?” Luna spoke up, still lying down on the bed.

“Yeah, and?” Leo replied.

“Ponies are vegetarians.”

Leo slowly turned back towards Sassy. “Well… this is awkward.”

“Y-yes… quite…” Sassy said as she stepped away.

“Leo… maybe you should think a little more before you speak,” Luna commented.

“Sis, I thought you weren’t feeling well,” Leo mumbled.

“Oh, please… I’ll always be well enough to tell you off when you say something dumb like that, Leo…”

Leo could only groan in response.

Luna slowly sat up.

“Sis?”

“I’m fine. You should go talk to her, so she feels more comfortable around us.”

“Why me?”

“You are the one that creeped her out. Besides, she helped us, remember?”

“Fiiiiine,” Leo sighed as he walked into the hallway. He headed into the entrance room and stood at the top of the stairs, once again noting the clothes that decorated the vicinity. “Man, if Luna were a pony, I feel like she’d be in here all day trying new clothes. These all look so girly and princess-y.”

Leo walked down the stairs, scanning the room. As he reached the ground floor, he heard a nervous hum through a door left ajar near the front desk.

“Sassy?” he called.

The humming persisted.

“Sassy!” Leo called again, opening the door.

“Oh, uh… h-how can I help you?” Sassy responded, holding up various tools and pieces of fabric with her horn.

“What are you doing?”

“Just tidying up for when customers arrive!”

Leo glanced back into the entrance room. “But there’s no one here?”

“Y-you never know when one might show up! Now if you’ll excuse me, I have work to do!”

“Look, is this about what I said earlier?” Leo asked.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Sassy chuckled nervously.

The boy paused for a moment before speaking again. “Look, Sassy… I’m sorry about what I said. I didn’t mean to freak you out like that.”

“Don’t worry about that! I just hope your sister gets better so you both can leave soon,” Sassy replied, only to start mumbling under her breath. “And I wouldn’t have to see you two again.”

“I’m serious!”

“So am I!”

Leo moaned as he saw through the false smile, clenching his fist. “Sassy.”

“Yes?” the unicorn replied, looking away again as she continued tidying the room.

“You helped us. Gave us food and shelter while my sister recovered. I can’t thank you enough for that. There’s no way either of us would ever hurt you or any other innocent creature like that, especially not her. And we definitely wouldn’t hurt someone who went out of their way to help us like you did.”

Sassy turned back towards Leo, seeing him bow. “Uh…”

“I guess I can’t convince her.” Leo stood up and faced the door. “If you really want, we’ll leave as soon as my sister is better.”

With one last glance, he could only see a nervous Sassy before closing the door.

“Leo?” Luna called from atop the stairs.

“Sis? You feeling better?”

“Yeah,” she nodded. “How’d it go?”

“You were right, as always,” Leo groaned, mentally kicking himself while walking upstairs. “I shouldn’t have opened my big mouth.”

“You apologized and everything?”

“Yeah,” he sighed.

“Well, maybe she’ll come around.”

“Hopefully.” Leo held up his right arm, staring at his mark of the Crimson Dragon. “It was definitely nice of her to let us stay here after what we went through. Both of us were almost goners.” He then held up two cards, the one on top named “Power Tool Dragon”.


The ground shook as a part of the mountainside broke open. As his Signer mark burned brightly, Leo held his sister close as they moved slowly through the rugged terrain on their Duel Boards.

“Luna… we made it out…” Leo said, wearily. Falling to his knees, he looked back to see his Power Tool Dragon shaking off the last of the rubble on its body only to collapse immediately after. As it vanished, he noticed the glow on his arm fade away. “Thanks, Power Tool…”

He looked up and down the path that went alongside the mountain.

“A city…? Hold on, sis.”


The twins slowly rode through the town.

“It’s almost like a ghost town here…” he noticed as they passed through the city. He then glanced at his sister. “Are you okay, Luna?”

“I’ll be fine…” she mumbled.

Leo quickly scanned the area. “A bench! Right in front of a fountain, too!”


“Thanks, Leo,” Luna said as she splashed water on her face.

Leo smiled.

Luna stood up, only to stumble immediately.

“Luna!” Leo swiftly caught her. “You haven’t fully recovered yet…”

“Kuri kuri!” a voice said. The image of the small, furry monster reappeared before her eyes.

“Don’t worry, Kuribon,” she replied.

“Kuri?” the monster turned away, as if something caught its eye.

Luna looked in the direction her monster was facing. Her gasp prompted Leo to follow suit.

Before them stood two hooded figures.

“Well, well, look what we have here, Carter,” said the female.

“Who’d have guessed we’d find these two Signers so quickly?” Carter replied. “This is stupid. I was hoping they’d be dead so I could go back and tell them they were worried over nothing.”

“Can it. Let’s just get this over with.”

“Don’t boss me around, Adelinde.”

“Luna, can you stand?” Leo whispered to his sister.

“I can try…” Luna answered. They stepped onto their Duel Boards as the figures approached.

“Hey! Stop right there!” Carter yelled.

“As if we’d listen to you!” Leo shouted back. “Hang on, Luna.”

His sister nodded as they both rode away.


“I don’t see them,” Leo said, looking back. “I think we’re sa—” A sudden burst of sound interrupted him.

He looked back once more to see two black Duel Runners behind them.

“Seriously?” Leo thought. He tightened his grip on his sister as they made sharp turns through the city. He felt his sister return the pressure. “These guys won’t give up…”

After a few more turns, Leo stopped in front of a building. “Let’s get inside,” he said. Luna nodded. They both got off the Boards and picked them up as they went up the doorsteps.

Closing the door behind them, the twins sat and leaned against the door, hearing the two pursuing Duel Runners pass by outside. After the sound passed, they could hear nothing.

Leo crept to the window. As he moved along, he noticed what appeared to be mannequins, dressed in clothes. “What the…?” Pressing on, he moved around them and peeked through the curtains. No one was in sight outside. “I think we’re safe.”

“WHO’S THERE?!” shouted a female voice.

Leo screamed as he turned around.

“What are you doing here?” said the horse.


Leo continued to stare at the two cards he held in his hand. Luna saw the regret in Leo’s eyes.

“Leo?” she said.

He took a deep breath before speaking again. “Not to worry! I’ll try talking to Sassy again!” he replied.

Luna nodded.

“Maybe there’s something I can do to prove that we aren’t here to hurt her.”

“What are you going to do?”

“I dunno yet, sis.”

“There’s something else on your mind, isn’t there?” asked Luna.

Taken aback, Leo stared at his sister for a moment. “Oh… yeah.” He looked at his two cards again. “It’s just—”

A knock on the building’s front door was heard. “Hey! Open up!” a male shouted.

“That voice—!” Leo noticed. “How did they find us?”

Sassy stepped out into the main room, hesitant.

“Sassy!” Leo called out to her.

The unicorn looked up at the twins, her expression full of panic. The banging on the door persisted.

“Don’t open that door!”

“Wh-why is that?”

“The guy outside has been chasing us earlier before we came here.”

“So you thought you could use this boutique as a hideout? Is that all? Or are you just saying that so you two could get to me first before them?!”

“You still think we’re here to hurt you?!” Leo exclaimed.

“As a matter of fact, I do! It’s bad enough that I’ve heard the princesses and the Royal Guard were eliminated by your kind, but that you potentially see us ponies as a potential entrée!”

“We don’t!” Leo then looked up to see the door’s hinges coming apart.

Sassy stepped away from the door. As she turned to flee further into the building, she heard Luna scream. “Leo!”

The unicorn looked up to see Leo run down the stairs, jump onto his Duel Board, and smash through the boutique’s window.

Author's Note:

Oh look, a chapter.

EDIT 5/10/17: Featured... what. Even if it's really brief, feels like a fluke.

PreviousChapters Next