• Published 17th May 2013
  • 4,512 Views, 183 Comments

Crossover Into Chaos - dabestgamer



A crossover of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic with Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's. After an encounter with strange individuals, Twilight finds herself in another world...

  • ...
10
 183
 4,512

PreviousChapters Next
Turn 21: Recovery

Twilight moaned as she slowly opened her eyes. The first thing she noticed was the familiarity of the room and where she was. Without a doubt, the house belonged to—

“Oh my goodness!” said a soft voice. Twilight felt another’s limbs around her. “Are you alright, Twilight?”

“Fluttershy…? You’re… awake!”

“I’ve been so worried about you!” The pegasus released her friend and stood beside her.

“What happened?”

“You’ve been asleep for hours! We were wondering when you’d finally wake up.”

“‘We’?”

“Why, yes. Me and—”

“Yusei?” Twilight cut her off. “Is he still here?”

“Uh… y-yes? I-is something wrong?”

Twilight sighed, staring at the bed. “He knew the risk. He knew how big it was, and yet he took it anyway. We were just lucky…” She glanced at Fluttershy.

“Twilight?”

“I need to speak with him.” Twilight removed the covers and stumbled onto the floor.

“Twilight!” Fluttershy quickly helped her friend up. “I don’t think you should be out of bed right now.”

“I suppose she’s right… I still feel a bit drained from using up so much magic recently…” the alicorn thought. “All right. Can you tell me what happened?”

“Um, sure,” replied Fluttershy, helping her friend back onto the bed.


“Wha… where am I?” Fluttershy asked out loud as she woke up. She was immediately greeted with the sight of her animal friends surrounding the bed, many of the smaller ones embracing her.

The pegasus yelped as she was scooped up by a bear that hugged her tightly.

“My goodness. How long was I asleep?” she asked, as the bear let Fluttershy down onto the floor. She then felt Angel tug at her mane, pointing towards a figure that stood facing her. “U-um… hello…?”

The figure smiled back. “It’s good to see you’re awake.” He stepped towards Fluttershy, only causing the latter to take a step backwards out of reflex. The male quickly stopped in his place.

The silence remained for a moment before the male spoke up again. “My name is Yusei Fudo. You’re one of Twilight’s friends, aren’t you?”

Silence.

“She’s downstairs on the couch. I think it’s best if you see to her now,” Yusei said.

“What does he mean by that?” Fluttershy wondered. “Last thing I remember is…”

She gasped as she darted downstairs towards her couch.

“Twilight!” she called. She turned her head to Yusei. “What happened to her? Is she okay?”

“I think she used up a lot of her power in the past couple of days. She probably collapsed out of severe exhaustion.”

“We need to get her upstairs into my bed, Mr. Yusei.”

“Right. And you can just call me 'Yusei'.”


“Where is he now?” asked Twilight.

“Downstairs,” Fluttershy answered. “Not sure what he’s doing, though. He keeps looking through the window towards Ponyville with these strange binoculars. Something about a scout…?” There was uncertainty in the pegasus’s voice.

“So have you been talking to him?”

“Not much at first, I’m afraid. I’m really shy around strangers…”

“Gee, I never would’ve guessed,” Twilight thought.

“B-but… he couldn’t be all bad. I don’t have a good memory of what happened, but I think I remember him helping us to my cottage.”

“Oh, did he?”

“Why, yes.”

“Did he say anything else?”

“N-no, he hasn’t. At least not yet.”

“I see…”

“I-is there something wrong, Twilight?”

“It’s a long story, Fluttershy. Do you think you can bring him here?”

“What for?”

“I’d like to have a word with him.”

“Oh. Okay.” Fluttershy turned to head downstairs.

“I really want to give him a piece of my mind… Hopefully, this doesn’t happen again,” Twilight thought. “I can’t bear to think of what would happen if I had lost any of my friends…”

She watched Yusei and Fluttershy climb the stairs and approach the bed.

Twilight and Yusei then stared at each other, both with melancholy in their eyes.

“So how did you manage to find this cottage?” Twilight asked.

“It was the closest building to where you teleported us,” he answered.


Yusei pushed his Duel Runner along as both Twilight and Fluttershy lay resting in the seat, their heads leaning on one of the armpieces.

He looked up and noticed a small two-story cottage with a stream running in front of it.

“That looks like a good place to stay…” he figured, pushing his Runner towards the new destination.

Yusei stopped as he saw the front door of the cottage open.

“Have they already come here…?” he wondered.

To his surprise, a bear and several smaller animals emerged from the doorway and rushed towards him.

“What’s with them…?” he mumbled.

The animals seemed to glance at the unconscious ponies on his Duel Runner before glaring at Yusei.

The bear raised its claws into the air.

“Not good,” he thought.

The bear roared before he was stopped by a hoof, turning all eyes towards it.

“Don’t…” the pegasus spoke.

The animals' eyes shift constantly back and forth between Yusei and Fluttershy.

“Don’t… hurt him… please…”

The bear hesitated before bringing his paw down. It approached the Duel Runner once more, this time to pick up the ponies that lay on it.

Yusei chuckled. “I’ll be sure to thank her later,” he thought, following the animals into the cottage.


“I see…” Twilight said.

Silence.

“This is about my Duel with Callos, isn’t it?” questioned Yusei.

“Yes, it is,” she sighed.

“Uh… Duel…?” Fluttershy asked. Quickly glimpsing at Yusei and Twilight, she turned toward the stairs. “Oh, uh… I’ll just… come back later.”

“What if I didn’t have enough magic, Yusei?” Twilight asked. “What if I couldn’t save her right then and there? She could’ve died.”

“I know,” Yusei replied.

“Then why?!” the alicorn cried. “Why would you take such a huge risk?! Did you even think about what would happen if I couldn’t save Fluttershy? If I didn’t have enough magic to do anything? You could’ve—”

“There wasn’t really an alternative.”

“What does that mean?”

“If I had ended my turn and done nothing, Callos might’ve won. He already had you and Fluttershy captured; all that was left was me.”

“But…”

“With only 500 Life Points left, I was past the Speed World 2 safety line. He would only have needed to draw a Speed Spell; with that, he would be able to remove four of his Speed Counters to use Speed World 2’s effect to inflict 800 damage to me. Even if he didn’t, he might have found a way around my Shooting Star Dragon’s effect and my Scrap-Iron Scarecrow. Any other case, I would just be stalling until either of the two scenarios I just mentioned occur. And when one loses a Turbo Duel, their Runner would automatically come to a halt. At that point, we would lose all hope of saving our friends.”

Twilight remained silent.

“I’m sorry, Twilight,” Yusei hung his head. “I’m sorry that I placed your friend’s life in danger, but I did it because there was a chance she could be saved… and because any other choice would’ve been worse.”

Silence.

“I don’t take such high risks unless it’s absolutely necessary. Maybe there was a better option, but there wasn’t any time to think of any.”

“Couldn’t you have just… I don’t know… done nothing? Not even end your turn?”

Yusei shook his head. “No. The Duel Runners would see that as either an implied ending of my turn… or forfeiting the Duel. If I had cancelled the Duel, Callos would still be holding Fluttershy captive… and maybe even you as well.”

“And my other friends? What if Callos had them?”

Yusei was silent.

“You had no way of knowing if he had them captured in some other cards! What if he still has them?! What if…” Her own tears stopped her. “Weren’t there sparks flying out of his Runner?”

Yusei flinched. He recalled the condition of Callos’s Runner all too well.

“If he still had them… my friends… they could be…”

He knew she was right. The possibility existed. There was nothing he could say.

“Yusei,” the alicorn sighed. “Just go.”

“Twilight?”

“Please go. I need some time to think.”

Yusei hesitated. “All right.”

His eyes met Fluttershy’s as he traversed the stairs. He could instantly tell that they were filled with sadness, fear, and—most of all—uncertainty. Without a doubt, she heard every word that was spoken. She didn’t fully understand every detail, but the main points of the conversation she understood well enough.

Yusei walked past Fluttershy toward the window at the front of her cottage. “It’s a miracle that we even managed to save her,” he thought. “If we had failed… it’d be an understatement to say that things would’ve been much worse. I wouldn’t dare let any of them go through that. No one should have to suffer the loss of family or friends because of someone else trying to achieve their goals.”

He glanced towards the town in the distance. His eyes catching something, he brought out his binoculars from the compartment in his Duel Runner and rushed to the window.

“This is bad,” he said, lowering the binoculars.

“What is it?” Fluttershy asked.

“I’ve been seeing dogs covered in armor all over town, and three of them… are heading our way.”

Author's Note:

Oh look at that. Upload after New Year's. :twilightsmile:

Short chapter is short, but starts off the next arc of this story. Wee.

Could be better, but I do what I can. :derpytongue2:

PreviousChapters Next