• Published 17th May 2013
  • 4,512 Views, 183 Comments

Crossover Into Chaos - dabestgamer



A crossover of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic with Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's. After an encounter with strange individuals, Twilight finds herself in another world...

  • ...
10
 183
 4,512

PreviousChapters Next
Turn 13: Birds of a Feather

“Lieutenant Callos… what are you doing here?” Crow questioned.

“Merely checking with the doctor regarding you and the other members of Sector Security, and making sure that there as many able-bodied individuals as possible,” Callos answered. “Nothing more.”

“Right…” Crow stared at the lieutenant, suspiciously.

“And don’t worry. You’ll have your answer by the end of the day. You can count on that.” The lieutenant walked out of the room.

“Well, then. Shall we get started?” the doctor asked.

“Sure,” Crow responded.


“So you don’t know what this compound is?” Yusei asked.

“No. I don’t. I’ve seen a few of these substances before,” Twilight replied. “Except…”

“Except what?”

“I don’t know of any sort of concoction that requires the use of all of these items together. And this one… I feel like this one is the most important one. I’ve never seen it before, so it might be the reason I’m seeing all these other normally unrelated substances here.”

“Do you know what it says?”

“Not yet. I’ve started to remember what these characters say, so it shouldn’t take long to figure it out.”

“All right, then. I’m counting on you. We need to figure out as much as possible.”

“Got it. Leave it to me!”


Crow moaned as his eyes began to open.

“What the…?” Sitting up, he scanned the area and saw nothing but pitch-black darkness. “Where am I?”

Attempting to stand, he found himself stumbling as he rose up.

“What’s this dizziness I’m feeling…?” he mumbled to himself. “And this place… it can’t be real.”

“You’re right about that, Crow Hogan,” a deep, male voice responded. “It isn’t real.”

“What?” Crow glanced around once more.

“But at the same time… it is.”

“Where are you? Show yourself!”

“Very well.”

Hearing footsteps coming from behind him, Crow turned around to see a man in a black robe.

“Couldn’t have picked a better wardrobe, could you?”

“This is the dress of me and all of my colleagues. And I’m here… for you,” the man said.

“Here for me?”

“You could be a valuable asset to us. We could use a strong Duelist like you, the Signer who once fought alongside Yusei Fudo.”

“So you know about that, huh? Then again… this is all just a dream, so I’m not really surprised you know that and my name.”

“You still think this is a dream?”

“You’re saying it’s not?”

“As I said… this place… it is both real and not real… meaning… anything that happens here could potentially have consequences in the real world.”

“Whatever… but what makes you think I’ll join you? I’d never turn against my friends!”

The man raised his left arm, revealing a Duel Disk.

“A Duel, huh?” Crow said, noticing a Duel Disk on his own left arm as well.

“You’ll be coming with me… even if I have to force you,” the man stated.

“And if I say no? I could just simply refuse to Duel, and you’d have no chance of recruiting me.”

The man snapped his fingers. Three figures appeared behind him, one tall and two children.

“What is that?” Crow asked.

“You should recognize these three… after all… they are your closest friends,” the man said.

Crow paused for a moment, staring at the figures. “Wait a second. Leo? Luna? And… Jack?! Does that mean… Jack is…?”

The man chuckled as the figures vanished.

“Wait!” Crow shouted.

“It seems you have something to gain from defeating me after all,” the man sneered.

“Use my friends as hostages, will you? Fine, then… you better hope that you are just a figment of my dream… because if you aren’t… I’m sending you to a world of hurt!”

“Very good. Let’s not waste any time, then.” The two drew five cards from their respective Decks.

DUEL!
Crow (LP 4000) VS Enemy (LP 4000)

“I’ll go first!” Crow declared. “I Summon Blackwing – Shura the Blue Flame!”

Blackwing – Shura the Blue Flame
LV: 4
ATK: 1800

“I end my turn.”

“My turn,” the man stated. “I Summon Dark Wing Galee.” A dark-feathered eagle appeared next to the man.

Dark Wing Galee
LV: 4
ATK: 1600

“Dark Wing, you say?” Crow said. “Is that some kind of Blackwing knockoff?”

“More like… distant cousins,” the man replied.

“As if. Your wannabe Blackwings don’t stand a chance against the real thing.”

“Say what you will, Crow, but they will be responsible for bringing you to us.”

“Only if you beat me.”

The man chuckled. “Dark Wing Galee’s monster effect activates! When it’s Normal Summoned, I can Special Summon a Level 4 or lower DARK Winged Beast-Type monster from my hand or Deck! Come, Dark Wing Low!”

Dark Wing Low
LV: 2
ATK: 1100

“I now activate the Continuous Spell Dark Flock. Once per turn, when a DARK Winged Beast-Type monster I control attacks, it gains ATK equal to the ATK of all other DARK Winged Beast-Type monsters I control until the End Phase.”

“What?”

“Dark Wing Galee, attack Blackwing – Shura the Blue Flame!” the man commanded.

Dark Wing Galee
LV: 4
ATK: 1600 + 1100 = 2700

“Hold it right there! From my hand, I activate the effect of Blackwing – Kalut the Moon Shadow! When a “Blackwing” on my field battles, I can send this card from my hand to the Graveyard to increase its ATK by 1400 until the End Phase!”

Blackwing – Shura the Blue Flame
LV: 4
ATK: 1800 + 1400 = 3200

Crow’s creature was struck by the man’s eagle, only to counterattack with its own talons and vanquish it.

3200 – 2700 = 500

Enemy
LP: 4000 – 500 = 3500

“And now Shura’s effect activates! When it destroys a monster in battle, I can Special Summon a “Blackwing” from my Deck that has 1500 ATK or less with its effect negated! Appear now, Blackwing – Gale the Whirlwind!”

Blackwing – Gale the Whirlwind
LV: 3
ATK: 1300

“How do you like that?” Crow said.

“Not bad,” the man replied. “I’ll Set two cards face-down and end my turn.”

Blackwing – Shura the Blue Flame
LV: 4
ATK: 3200 – 1400 = 1800

“Then it’s my turn! Since I control a “Blackwing” monster, I can Special Summon Blackwing – Bora the Spear!” Crow declared.

Blackwing – Bora the Spear
LV: 4
ATK: 1700

“I activate the Counter Trap Feather Pulse!” the man interrupted. “This negates the Summon of your monster and destroys it.”

“What?!” Crow watched as his new winged creature was destroyed.

“Then, I increase the ATK of a DARK Winged Beast-Type monster I control by the ATK of the destroyed monster until the End Phase.”

Dark Wing Low
LV: 2
ATK: 1100 + 1700 = 2800

“In that case, I tune Level 3 Gale the Whirlwind with Level 4 Shura the Blue Flame!”

3 + 4 = 7

“Darkened gales, become the wings which will soar to heavens! Synchro Summon! Blackwing Armor Master!”

Blackwing Armor Master
LV: 7
ATK: 2500

“Battle! Armor Master, attack Dark Wing Low!” Crow commanded, his beast thrusting its fist into the owl. “Armor Master’s effect prevents it from being destroyed in battle, and all Battle Damage I take involving it becomes 0.”

The man scoffed.

“And then… at the end of the Damage Step when he attacks… I can put a Wedge Counter on the monster it battled!”

Dark Wing Low
LV: 2
ATK: 2800
Wedge Counters: 0 + 1 = 1

“I’ll Set two cards face-down and end my turn. With that, the ATK that Low gained from Feather Pulse disappears.”

Dark Wing Low
LV: 2
ATK: 2800 – 1700 = 1100
Wedge Counters: 1

The man chuckled.

“What’s so funny?” Crow asked.

“Nothing. You aren’t too bad, Crow. It’s a good thing we’ve decided to take you in,” the man replied.

“‘Decided’? Last time I checked, I haven’t agreed to anything.”

“You don’t have to agree. You will be ours.”

“What was that?”

“It’s my turn! I activate the Quick-Play Spell Hand Destruction! Both of us must send two cards from our hands to the Graveyard and draw two more.” The man grinned upon glancing at his drawn cards.

“This can’t be good…”

“I banish Dark Wing Norbi and Dark Wing Galee from my Graveyard to Special Summon Dark Wing Clofan from my hand!” A large falcon-like being emerged next to the man.

Dark Wing Clofan
LV: 6
ATK: 2100

“Clofan’s effect activates. Once per turn, I can Tribute a DARK Winged Beast-Type monster to Special Summon a DARK Tuner Monster from my Deck and increase Clofan’s own Level equal to that of the Tributed Monster. Come, Disharmony Feathers!”

Disharmony Feathers
LV: 1
ATK: 300

“‘Disharmony’…?” Crow mumbled.

“Low’s Level is 2, therefore… Clofan becomes Level 8!” the man continued.

Dark Wing Clofan
LV: 6 + 2 = 8
ATK: 2100

“I now tune Level 1 Disharmony Feathers with Level 8 Dark Wing Clofan!”

1 + 8 = 9

“Let the limitless chaos pour into your soul as you soar through the dark skies! Synchro Summon! Appear now, Disharmony – Dark Wing Serpent!”

Disharmony – Dark Wing Serpent
LV: 9
ATK: 3300

A large winged serpent-like being hovered behind the man Crow faced.

“A Level 9 Synchro Monster…?” Crow mumbled.

“I now activate the effect of Dark Wing Norbi. During the turn it’s banished, I can negate the effects of on your monsters! Armor Master!” the man declared.

“What?” Crow's Synchro Monster felt a powerful shock.

“Here I come… Dark Wing Serpent, attack Armor Master! At this moment, Dark Wing Serpent’s effect… when it battles, that ATK of the monster it's battling decreases by 1000 until the end of the Damage Step!”

Crow watched as his monster grew weaker.

Blackwing Armor Master
LV: 7
ATK: 2500 – 1000 = 1500

“I activate the Trap Mirror Force! This destroys all of your Attack Position monsters!” Crow stated. A barrier appeared between the two monsters, as the serpent let out a great roar, summoning a powerful storm-like gust.

“At this moment, I activate the effect of Dark Wing Oved in my Graveyard! By banishing it and my Dark Wing Clofan, my Dark Wing Serpent will be unaffected by all Spell and Trap effects until your next End Phase!”

“What?!” The gust shattered the barrier.

“However, during your next turn, its effects will be negated. Next, if the effect of a Trap Card you control resolves while I control a “Disharmony” monster, I can activate the Trap Card Disharmonic Balance! This lets me draw one card and, if it’s a Level 4 or below monster, it can be Special Summoned!” the man continued, drawing a card. “Come! Dark Wing Nacre!”

Dark Wing Nacre
LV: 3
ATK: 800

The powerful gust from the serpent’s attack vanquished Crow’s Armor Master.

3300 – 1500 = 1800

Crow
LP: 4000 – 1800 = 2200

“Nacre! Attack Crow directly!” the man commanded as the gust subsided. The smaller bird tackled Crow, knocking him down.

Crow
LP: 2200 – 800 = 1400

The man then grabbed the remaining two cards in his hand. “I’ll Set two cards face-down and end my turn.”

Crow slowly rose to his feet, stumbling once more. “What is this… dizziness I feel?”

“So it has begun,” the man sneered.

“What?”

“You will become one of us soon enough.”

“In your dreams. It’s my turn!” Crow declared, drawing a card. “I activate the Spell Card Against the Wind! I return a “Blackwing” from my Graveyard to my hand, then I take damage equal to its ATK! I return Blackwing – Gale the Whirlwind!”

As Crow retrieved his card from his Graveyard, he found himself nearly falling over.

Crow
LP: 1400 – 1300 = 100

Breathing heavily, he grabbed another card in his hand along with the Gale the Whirlwind card. “Since you control a monster and I don’t, I can Normal Summon Blackwing – Sirocco the Dawn without Tribute!”

Blackwing – Sirocco the Dawn
LV: 5
ATK: 2000

“Then, since I control a “Blackwing” monster… I can Special Summon Blackwing – Gale the Whirlwind from my hand.”

Blackwing – Gale the Whirlwind
LV: 3
ATK: 1300

“Gale the Whirlwind’s monster effect activates! Once per turn, I can halve the ATK and DEF of one of your monsters!” Crow’s small feathered creature flapped its wings hard once, creating another gust that struck the man’s serpent.

Disharmony – Dark Wing Serpent
LV: 9
ATK: 3300 / 2 = 1650

“Next, from my Graveyard, I activate the effect of Blackwing – Vayu the Emblem of Honor! By banishing it and a non-Tuner “Blackwing” monster from my Graveyard, I can Special Summon a “Blackwing” Synchro Monster whose Level is equal to the total Level of the banished monsters! Appear now, Blackwing – Silverwind the Ascendant!”

Blackwing – Silverwind the Ascendant
LV: 8
ATK: 2800

“Then I tune Level 3 Gale the Whirlwind with Level 5 Sirocco the Dawn!”

3 + 5 = 8

“Darkened squalls, become the wings that soar from resolved hope! Synchro Summon! Soar, Black-Winged Dragon!”

Black-Winged Dragon
LV: 8
ATK: 2800

“As expected of you, Crow Hogan. Summoning two Synchro Monsters with 2800 ATK and weakening my own in one turn… not bad at all,” the man said. “I activate the Continuous Trap Singular Battle! At the start of your Battle Phase, if I control at least the same number of monsters as you, each of my monsters can only be attacked once!”

“Fine by me! Silverwind the Ascendant, attack Dark Wing Nacre!” Crow commanded. His humanoid monster raised its sword and struck the small bird, destroying it.

2800 – 800 = 2000

Enemy
LP: 3500 – 2000 = 1500

“Go! Black-Winged Dragon! Attack Disharmony – Dark Wing Serpent!” His dragon fired a blast from its mouth. “Noble Stream!”

“I activate the Continuous Trap Chaos Barrier! Once per turn, I can banish a “Disharmony” monster from my Graveyard so that a face-up “Disharmony” monster I control won’t be destroyed! I banish Disharmony Feathers!” A barrier appeared to intercept the dragon’s attack.

“However, you still take the Battle Damage!”

2800 – 1650 = 1150

Enemy
LP: 1500 – 1150 = 350

“With that, I end my turn!” Crow concluded. “Just a little more…”

“It’s been fun, Crow Hogan… but I’m afraid this ends now,” the man said.

“What?”

“It’s my turn, and I activate the Spell D.D. Down. Since I have five or more banished DARK Winged Beast-Type monsters, I draw two cards from my Deck. However, I cannot Summon a monster this turn.”

“That won’t do you any good. Since your big, bad snake in the sky isn’t strong enough to take on either of my two monsters, even with its effect of weakening the monster it battles.”

Dark Wing Serpent
LV: 9
ATK: 1650

“Summoning a new monster will not be necessary. I activate the Spell Card Chaos Overtake. Since I control a Level 8 or higher “Disharmony” Synchro Monster, I can destroy one monster on your field, then you take damage equal to its ATK. Good-bye, Black-Winged Dragon.” A lightning bolt shot out from the image of the man’s Spell Card at Crow’s dragon.

“No, you don’t! I activate the Trap Card Guard Mines!” Several spherical mines appeared in front of Black-Winged Dragon.

The man smiled.

“When you activate a card effect that would destroy one of my monsters, this card negates that effect and you take 500 points of damage!”

The mines exploded, halting the lightning bolt.

“I win,” Crow grinned.

“You think so?”

“What?”

As the smoke cleared, Crow saw the image of another Spell Card on his opponent’s side of the field.

“From my hand, I activate the Quick-Play Spell Damage Control. Since I control a Level 9 or higher monster… when you activate a card effect that would inflict damage… you must destroy a monster you control of your choice… and the damage is inflicted to you instead.”

Crow froze in place, wide-eyed.

“That’s right. Your loss is inescapable now. No matter which of your own monsters you choose to destroy, victory will be mine.”

“No… this can’t be…”

“So which will it be?”

Crow screamed. “I destroy Silverwind!” The winged beast exploded next to him. Another lightning bolt shot out from the new Spell Card at Crow. “Black-Winged Dragon’s monster effect! When I would take effect damage, I place one Black Feather Counter on my dragon instead! Damage Drain!”

Crow’s dragon opened its mouth to absorb the bolt, its feathers turning red.

“However, for every Black Feather Counter on your monster… its ATK decreases by 700,” the man stated.

Crow groaned.

1 * 700 = 700

Black-Winged Dragon
LV: 8
ATK: 2800 – 700 = 2100
Black Feather Counters: 0 + 1 = 1

“Dark Wing Serpent… destroy Black-Winged Dragon!” the man commanded. His serpent-like being roared once more, creating another powerful gust. Crow shut his eyes and turned away. “Dark Wing Serpent’s effect… decreases the ATK of the monster it battles by 1000 until the end of the Damage Step.”

Black-Winged Dragon
LV: 8
ATK: 2100 – 1000 = 1100
Black Feather Counters: 1

The gust knocked the dragon over, vanquishing it. Crow fell over backwards onto the ground. He opened his eyes slightly as the man stood over him.

1650 – 1100 = 550

Crow
LP: 100 – 550 = 0

“I… won’t…” Crow started.

“You won’t give in?” the man finished. “I’m sorry, but you’re in no condition to be resisting anymore. You belong to us now.”

Crow’s eyes closed as he felt himself slip away.


“I think I’ve got it!” Twilight shouted, full of glee.

“What is it?”

“It’s—” She found herself interrupted by the sound of an approaching Duel Runner.

“Hey, Yusei,” Blister greeted.

“Blister,” Yusei said.

“Sorry I took so long. Getting out from under Martha’s nose wasn’t exactly easy.”

“Right. I know how that is.”

“So have you made any progress with that data I recovered?”

“Well… I’ve managed to translate most of what it said,” Twilight began.

“And?”

“It seems like there’s a list of ingredients for some kind of… chemical. Normally, these items wouldn’t be used together… but this one particular compound is probably what allows them to interact with each other.”

“And that would be…?”

“It says… ‘Collective… Mind… Fluid’?”

“Collective Mind Fluid?” Yusei repeated.

“That’s what it says. I have never heard of anything like that back in Equestria…”

“So, in other words, we still have absolutely no idea what Sector Security is up to, do we?” Blister asked.

“I guess not…” Twilight’s ears drooped. She then felt a hand on her shoulder. She turned her head to see Yusei’s smile.

“Don’t worry about it,” he said. “It’s not much, but at least we have a clue. It’s better than nothing.”

“I suppose you’re right,” Twilight smiled back.

All of their heads turned as they heard the sound of more approaching Duel Runners.

“What’s that?” she asked. “Blister, did you… bring others with you?”

“No, I didn’t,” Blister answered.

“That could only mean one thing,” Yusei said. “They’re here.”

“Who’s ‘they’?”

“Sector Security,” Yusei replied.

“WHAT?!” Twilight exclaimed.

“We better move,” Blister suggested.

“Right.” Blister and Yusei moved towards their respective Duel Runners and put on their helmets, each with a cart filled with supplies attached to them. “Hop on, Twilight.”

“That looks a bit… tight…” Twilight noticed.

“There’s no time. We need to go now.”

“Right…” Twilight flew and squeezed herself onto Yusei’s seat behind him.

“Hang on tight.”

“Okay.”

“Stop right there!” a voice called.

“That voice…” Yusei mumbled. He, Twilight, and Blister turned their heads to look behind them. Out of the group of officers, only one stepped forward to approach them. “Crow?!”

The single officer stopped in place. “Yusei Fudo… you’re under arrest.”

Author's Note:

Not exactly lengthy like the previous chapter. But meh.

Also... I believe I can now officially say this: Remember that "storm" I mentioned a few chapters ago? It has now just begun.

Enjoy the ride.

PreviousChapters Next