• Published 14th May 2013
  • 1,829 Views, 26 Comments

Perfect Triple Dating Plan - PurpleFire18



Three mares form a plan together. Their goal is to confess their feelings for their respective 'special friends'. It is much easier said than done, after all who can plan 3 dates at the same time?

  • ...
2
 26
 1,829

Bon Bon's Date

Bon Bon stood by the big TV in her house, checking everything would be perfect for movie night. She checked the volume of the TV while watching different shows until she thought it was at a good level. She checked the screen positioning and the angle of the TV, it had to be just at the perfect angle for Lyra and Bon Bon to see the whole picture and not miss any detail. She cleaned the screen thoroughly, no particle of dust had to be on there tonight. She finally checked the couch's details. It had to be comfy enough, clean enough and well positioned for them both to enjoy the movie. She thought it was funny, it was Lyra's turn to pick the movies, and she had picked the horror genre, while Bon Bon would have rather picked action movies or comedy movies with a nice romantic subplot, but no, her roommate's favorites were the science fiction, horror and crime movies, with the romantic subplot being very low in the preferences. Nevertheless, this was the night she would confess her love to that adorably strange musical unicorn, so she had to please Lyra at least for the moment.

"Hey Bon Bon! We're out of snacks!" Lyra walked in to see her friend checking on the couch. "Uh...I'll go get some, alright?" she said, somewhat puzzled at Bon Bon's actions.

"Oh, sure, we don't want movie night to go without snacks!" Bon Bon replied, having finished checking the couch.

"Alright, the usual?"

"...make sure not to eat too much before or during the movie." Bon Bon remembered Derpy's words and thought. "Nah, just get me...chocolates and cookies," she finally said.

"Chocolate and cookies? Bon Bon, this is horror movie night, it must be done the way Celestia intended, and that is with salty, crunchy snacks!"

"Please?" Bon Bon made her face too adorable to resist, or at least that is what she hoped.

"...Oh, alright." Lyra walked towards the door. "Be back in half an hour!" she said as she opened the door.

Bon Bon wished her friend good luck as the door was closed, leaving her alone. She looked at the rented movies near the TV. None of the covers were exactly appealing to her, and titles like Foal's Play, Dead Silence and Puppet Master didn't make it better either. "Why did she have to pick toy-themed movies?" she asked aloud.

"Girls, I'm going out in ten minutes, how are things going on your end?" Bon Bon heard Vinyl talk through the earrings, and put a hoof on one of them to answer, but her pegasus friend beat her to it.

"The girls just went to the party, I'm going to get the Doctor soon," said Derpy, heard as clearly as if she was there.

Bon Bon finally had the chance to talk. "Lyra went out to get snacks for tonight, everything's going good so far."

"Alright, I'll catch you just before I leave." Vinyl's voice was suddenly cut off as well as Derpy's.

Bon Bon was happy to know she'd have her friends by her side, figuratively, through the night. She patiently waited for her marefriend, or rather, her future marefriend. She sat on the floor and looked at the door, and she spent the next ten minutes in that until her DJ friend called again.

"Girls, going out now, wish me luck!" Vinyl said quickly and almost whispering.

Bon Bon was quick to put a hoof on her ear to answer. "Good luck, Scratch!" she said, and she noticed Derpy said it at the same time. She silently laughed at this as the door opened.

"Store was empty, came out fast." Lyra walked in on her hind legs, holding bags of food with her forelegs. Bon Bon was both happy to see her and puzzled by her walking. "Got you cookies like you asked, but they were out of chocolates and-...What?"

"You're...walking like that again," Bon Bon said, not amused.

"If humans can, why can't I?" Lyra put the snacks on the couch. "It's almost sunset, wanna start the movies now?"

Bon Bon swallowed. "Of course!" she said. "Which one first?"

"How about Dead Silence?" Lyra asked, levitating the movie over to her.

The pony puppet and the decaying hoof in front of it on the cover didn't make it easy for Bon Bon to accept, but she had to. "Alright, whenever you want!" she said trying to sound ready and brave.

Lyra got the movie into the player and turned on the TV. She sat on the couch in her special, unique, "human-like" way, while Bon Bon sat like ponies are supposed to, both of them leaving the snacks between them. The movie started and Lyra smiled excitedly, while Bon Bon was already hoping it wasn't long.

Half an hour into the movie and there was already a decent amount of things Bon Bon didn't need to see all her life. Seeing puppets become possessed by a ghost and then killing ponies would surely give her nightmares, and eating half of one bag of cookies wasn't going to help her. Only Celestia could imagine her relief when Lyra paused the movie.

"Hey I gotta go to the little fillies' room, don't even think about watching more without me!" Lyra got up and trotted out of the room.

"No hurry!" Bon Bon yelled. In reality she didn't want to continue, but if it would give her the chance to get Lyra, she would go through it. She patiently waited for Lyra to come back, but during the wait the fresh memories of the movie's scary scenes attacked her mind. Suddenly there was a noise behind her, and against all possibility her first thought was that a puppet was behind her. She trembled with fear as she asked herself whether or not to look. Gathering the courage to do it after ten seconds of trembling and sweating, she looked behind her, ready to see an evil puppet, but instead saw a wall. She sighed in relief and decided to call her friends. "Um, girls? I got a problem!"

"You, don't, say?" Vinyl sarcastically replied. Apparently she was going through something as well.

"YOU have a problem? The Doctor needs a doctor!" Derpy said, which made Bon Bon silently laugh at the irony of the phrase. However the phrase meant that the Doctor was likely sick, and Bon Bon could only think of one way it could have happened.

"What did you do, Derpy?" Vinyl asked.

"Nothing, I swear!" Derpy said defensively.

"Derpy, please, what did you do?" Bon Bon asked, forgetting that just seconds ago she was scared out of her mind.

"...I left some...bad muffins on the table and offered one to the Doctor," Derpy replied with regret.

"Oh, Derpy. Do you still have the candies I gave you when you got sick?" Bon Bon asked trying to calm her down.

"Oh, your Fix-it-all Candies! I love those things!" Vinyl said. "Derpy, if you got one, give it to the Doctor, he'll feel better than my fans during parties I'm invited to!" she added.

"I think I have one somewhere...what was your problem anyway, Bon Bon?"

Bon Bon remembered her situation and her irrational fear of evil puppets returned slowly. "Oh, yeah. Lyra rented that movie with the puppets, and she took a break to go to the little fillies' room. But my problem is, I don't know if I want to keep watching this, I just looked over my shoulder to see if there wasn't any evil puppets behind me! What do I do?!" she said desperately.

"Easy girl, easy! All you gotta do is-" Vinyl's voice was suddenly interrupted.

"Vinyl? Vinyl?!" Bon Bon began to panic. "The puppets! The puppets got to her I tell you!"

"Bon Bon...?" Derpy sounded confused.

"All of you thought I was crazy, but now the movies are real! We are all doomed!" Bon Bon was clearly not in her right mind, and Derpy noticed this quickly.

"Bon Bon, you think Lyra is crazy, you are not acting any better yourself."

"She is obsessed with humans, I am obsessed with the safety of everypony! Totally different-"

"Who are you talking to, Bon Bon?" Lyra's voice was heard close to the room.

Bon Bon quickly snapped back to reality. "It's Lyra! Derpy, go help the Doctor and I'll find a way to survive myself, I'll talk to you after the movie!" she whispered quickly as she let go of the earrings, just before Lyra walked in. "Me? Nopony! There's nopony else in this house except you and me, Lyra!"

"...You're right, must be imagining things." Lyra sat next to her friend and she resumed the movie.

The movie was at a part that simply screamed "Jumpscare Incoming!" so Bon Bon, remembering her friend's advice, covered her ears and prepared for the incoming moment. However, when the protagonist was about to open a certain door, the tension was already too much to handle, and Bon Bon had the urge to yell at the TV screen.

Vinyl's voice was once again heard through the earrings. "Sorry about that, what's going-"

"No! Don't open that door!" Bon Bon yelled, but as expected the TV couldn't hear her and the moment she feared happened. Bon Bon screamed for two seconds while Lyra simply screamed for less than one.

"But the Doctor is inside! I have to open it!" Derpy said, unaware of who Bon Bon was talking to.

"Derpy, I don't think she means you. Alright, I'll go all in soon." Vinyl said, apparently amused, before stopping again.

Though deep down Bon Bon was relieved to know Vinyl was alright, her heart was racing thanks to the movie. It took her a twist ending and a confusing epilogue to calm down. Dead Silence was over, and Bon Bon was certainly glad. To her bad luck, there were 2 other movies left to watch, but she wasn't going to let Lyra know she was scared.

However, luck wasn't on her side, and through the entire second movie, Bon Bon was just paranoid. A toy being possessed by an evil pony's spirit through an ancient zebra ritual seemed like a forced situation, but Bon Bon was still jumpy because of the other movie. Thank Celestia she survived it, but now she had two scary movies in her mind, and it was already nighttime. When Lyra put the last movie in, it was the last nail on the coffin. Bon Bon didn't survive the first scary scene, and all of her repressed fear was released at once.

"AH! Stop it! Please! STOP!" Bon Bon threw her forelegs around Lyra and held her close as she trembled and cried.

Lyra was confused, Bon Bon wasn't usually the one to jump to these kind of actions. "Hey, hey, it's ok, Bon Bon." She put a comforting hoof on Bon Bon's head as she paused the movie. "It's just a movie..."

"I can't do this anymore, Lyra!" Bon Bon said helplessly. "I didn't want to watch such movies in the first place! There, I said it!"

Lyra attempted to wipe off Bon Bon's tears. "If you didn't want to watch these movies, why didn't you tell me? You know movie night's meant for both of us to enjoy it, and I can always rent other movies, it's not like we are short on bits," she said, trying to get her best friend to calm down.

"I wanted to watch whatever you chose with you. But they were so scary I couldn't...I...I just wanted you to be in a good mood tonight so that I could-" Bon Bon stopped herself before finishing her sentence.

"So that you could what?" asked Lyra, intrigued.

Bon Bon didn't answer. Her mind now had the worst case scenario, but even worse than how she had imagined. She thought Lyra would not only reject her for being a fillyfooler, but would also leave her for being a coward. Without thinking twice, she got off the couch and ran to her room in tears, away from a confused Lyra. She didn't know why, but when she was inside, she locked her door and jumped on her bed, burying her face on her pillow and crying. She could hear Lyra knocking on her door, calling for her and attempting to open it herself, but she didn't move from the bed and after a while, Lyra was gone. She finally calmed down afterwards and decided to stop the plan before making a fool out of herself again. She gave up, and decided to talk to Lyra in the morning like nothing happened, and like nothing would ever happen, no matter how it hurt her.

"Hey girls, how did everything go?" Vinyl asked. She sounded tired, but Bon Bon didn't pay attention to that.

"Could have gone better. You?" Bon Bon said, trying to sound as calm as possible.

"I got attacked by squirrels...I...I couldn't do it...my plan didn't work out for me..." Vinyl's voice cracked.

"I'm sure it can be fixed, Scratch." Derpy tried to reassure her friend.

"I can't, Derpy, I'm too shy...enough about me, what happened to you?"

"I left to get one final spark of courage...I almost started crying before you called, I just can't get myself to say it!" Derpy almost began to cry.

"Well, I just gave up. Trying to confess during horror movie night is not a good idea, at all." Bon Bon said with resignation, her own depression not letting her try to comfort her friends.

Vinyl was heard once again, though this time, it sounded like she had been reborn. "Ok girls, last advice of the night. We are not going to bed tonight without having our love confessed or our hearts broken. Next chance you get, DO IT!"

"What? Scratch? ...Scratch?!" Derpy tried to talk to Vinyl, but no sound was coming from Vinyl's end.

Bon Bon herself took off her earrings, confused as to what to do now. After much thought, she came to the conclusion that she was making a fool out of herself simply because she gave up. Her love for Lyra pulled her through scary movies, arguments between Lyra and Octavia where Bon Bon and Vinyl were usually caught between and many awkward moments caused by Lyra's strange obsession with those creatures she called humans. She loved Lyra, and it was worth one last shot. She got off her bed, unlocked her door, and trotted to Lyra's room. She found her playing her lyre, and she seemed sad. "Lyra...?"

Lyra stopped playing the second she heard her friend. "Oh, hello Bon Bon...look, I'm sorry...I should have asked you about the movi-"

"Forget about the movies Lyra...let's just forget what happened there." Bon Bon approached Lyra and gave her a tight hug, which Lyra returned quickly.

"...I still want to know one thing...what were you going to say? You said you wanted to watch those movies with me so that you could...what?" Lyra asked.

Bon Bon looked into Lyra's golden eyes as she opened her mouth to talk. However, instead of talking, she acted. To Lyra's surprise, Bon Bon kissed her right on the lips. And to Bon Bon's own surprise, Lyra kissed her back, the initial shock only lasting a moment. After their lips parted, Bon Bon's face was a deep shade of red and her voice messy. "L-Lyra?"

Lyra herself was blushing. "Bon Bon...you really should have done this sooner."

"W-What?"

"I mean, I would have made the first move a long time ago but you didn't look like the fillyfooler type!"

"I thought you would be the one not int-"

Bon Bon was interrupted by a magic force levitating her off the floor and placing her gently on the bed lying down, and soon afterwards Lyra lied down next to her. No words spoken, they continued to kiss.

"This is really the best movie night ever!" Lyra said excitedly.

"Well, except for the nightmares I'm surely going to have," Bon Bon said jokingly.

"Aww, you poor thing. How about you let me be the Princess Luna of your dreams tonight?" Lyra asked before kissing Bon Bon's nose and cuddling with her.

Bon Bon couldn't be happier, though at the same time felt a little stupid. She was afraid for so long and now it turned out she could have had Lyra a long time ago. Her plan worked, even if it didn't do so as expected. When the night reached its middle point, the new couple had drifted off to sleep in each other's arms. Even if she was going to have nightmares, Bon Bon didn't care as long as her Lyra was with her.

Author's Note:

This one took a long time to write. I'm not satisfied with how it came out, but if I kept writing I'd have never finished.