• Published 14th May 2013
  • 1,828 Views, 26 Comments

Perfect Triple Dating Plan - PurpleFire18



Three mares form a plan together. Their goal is to confess their feelings for their respective 'special friends'. It is much easier said than done, after all who can plan 3 dates at the same time?

  • ...
2
 26
 1,828

The Plan

The morning sun shone brightly across the land as Ponyville's ponies start to perform their daily duties. Well, all except for three young mares who instead enjoy a nice breakfast in the local restaurant. It was a simple meal, a muffin, waffles and milkshakes, though they certainly needed it for the conversation the mares were having.

"Then the Doctor said he didn't even eat meat and said that was a strange question...I just don't know what went wrong..." Derpy looked down at her muffin with a depressed face.

"Relax, Derpy, you just couldn't say the right word." DJ Pon-3, or Vinyl Scratch as she let her friends call her, put a hoof on Derpy's back as she attempted to cheer her up. "So you made 'Do you like me?' into 'Do you like meat?', big deal! I have the same problem with Tavi. Last time I tried to say 'I really like you, Tavi' I ended up saying 'I really like your music, Tavi'. I don't even like all that boring sound she makes with that over-sized violin!" She began laughing at herself as she put a foreleg around Derpy, trying to get her to laugh as well.

"I don't think that's helping her, Vinyl." said Bon Bon. "And it's called a cello."

"And you of all ponies knows, Bon Bon?" Vinyl asked with a slightly frustrated tone.

"When you live with Lyra, you tend to hear a lot of complimenting and mocking about Octavia's style and instrument." Bon Bon replied with pride.

"Hey, tell your marefriend that nopony mocks Tavi's music!" said Vinyl, serious and pointing a hoof at her friend.

"What? But you JUST did!" Bon Bon said, confused.

"So how is it going with Lyra?" asked Derpy, not wanting her friends to start arguing.

"Oh, it couldn't be better! We are like candy and chocolate!" Bon Bon smiled attempting to put up a facade of triumph. However her nervous eyes betrayed her, and didn't go unnoticed by the DJ.

"I assume that's Bonbonish for saying 'we are so far away from being together and I just came up with the worst metaphor ever', Bon Bon?" Vinyl was about to laugh again when Bon Bon glared at her. "What?"

Derpy looked at Vinyl and sighed before looking at Bon Bon again. "What was the problem this time?"

"Well...I was going to, really, but then the doubts came to me. What if she doesn't like me back? What if she likes another mare? What if she's not even into mares? Oh no, it's happening again!" Bon Bon began panicking as she imagined the situation all over again. However, thanks to her, the doubts came to her friends with the same intensity.

"Eww, you're gay?! Back off, you freak!" Lyra's voice resonated in Bon Bon's mind.

"My, Ditzy, please don't hate me for this. I just...do not think we are right for each other." Derpy could hear the Doctor's voice crushing her hopes in her head.

"Oh, Vinyl, dear, allow me to explain in very long and complicated words the reason why we cannot be together." Vinyl's mind was invaded by hypothetical words coming from the voice of Octavia.

In almost perfect synchronization and to the surprise of the restaurant's waiters, cooks and everypony eating, Bon Bon and Derpy began screaming in panic at the thought of rejection, though Vinyl handled it better, or at least wasn't screaming externally. Once they stopped screaming Vinyl decided to take the role of the bravest pony around.

"Ok, mare up, ladies!" she said as she put her hooves on her friends' shoulders. "We need to get serious here! If we live with the doubt we'll just have a cardiac arrest when they hug us on our birthdays. And we don't want that, right?" Both mares shook their heads and she continued. "We need to have THE talk with them as soon as possible!"

"What?! But we can barely handle rejection in our minds!" Derpy protested.

"Do you want to have those feelings burning you from inside forever?" the DJ asked, and as she expected Derpy didn't respond. "Look, I don't want to be rejected either. I love Tavi more than anything, even if we have our pointless arguments and differences in taste, and I just plain hate having to hide it from her. I'm sure you both feel the same way about the Doctor and Lyra, and have the same problem. I know I'm shy when it comes to these things, we all are, but we have to do something, and fast." she turned to look at Bon Bon. "Don't you agree, Bon Bon?"

"As much as I think you are just being impulsive like you always are, you do have a point. What about you, Derpy?" Bon Bon looked at the pegasus, expecting her friendly stare to get her friend to understand.

Derpy's eyes seemed to be looking everywhere as her cheeks started to feel warmer. Grabbing the first thing in front of her, that is to say, her muffin, she put it in front of her face, apparently hoping it would hide her from Bon Bon's eyes. "I'm not here!" she said in a higher-pitched voice than normal. Her friends simply stared at the "muffin mask" and they both brought a hoof to their faces.

"So what is your plan, Scratch?" Bon Bon finally asked.

"Not MY plan...OUR plan!" Vinyl answered as she used her magic to remove her glasses. "Tonight, we all are going to get our mares and stallion, or at least get the consuming doubt out of the way! All we have to do is-...please get that muffin off your face, Derpy!"

"Derpy is not here!" Derpy attempted to keep going with the act until Bon Bon took a big bite of the muffin, big enough to render the "convincing" disguise useless. "Hey! That was mine, Bon Bon!" Derpy said angrily.

"Well, you were not going to eat it!" Bon Bon talked with her mouth full, enjoying not only the muffin but also Derpy's reaction. She swallowed and before Derpy could try to say something she spoke to Vinyl. "You were saying?"

"Right...see, we should plan individually for each of us. But since most of our ideas don't end well, I thought we may need outside help. That means, you two will help me plan my idea, me and Derpy will help Bon Bon, and then me and Bon Bon will help Derpy!" Vinyl was proud of her idea and laid back on her chair placing her forelegs behind her head. "This is truly a plan of-uh...what do you call that thing where it benefits more than one?"

"Mutual benefit!" shouted a filly from somewhere in the restaurant.

"Ah, yes, that! Thank you!" Vinyl shouted back, though at nopony in particular.

"What are you, a dictionary?" said a different filly, her voice coming from the same direction as the helpful filly's.

"In any case, let's start with me." Vinyl leaned in and began speaking to her friends as if they were plotting something secret. "I was planning on taking Tavi on a stroll through the park today. What do ya gals think I should add?"

"Well, for starters, don't bring up anything related to your different music tastes. Also, since you are taking her out on what can be called a date, if she wants to get something to eat, do not let her pay for it," Bon Bon began, "No matter how much she says it's alright, you don't let her pay."

"Gotcha, candy! What about you, Derpy?"

Derpy replied after much thought. "Avoid showing off or trying to impress her every second. It's gonna be hard, but you have to do it. And try not to make your intentions too obvious, don't make her feel uncomfortable and if she stays still staring at something you don't find interesting, let her do it and wait for her."

"Well, that does sound hard...I think I can handle it. Alright, what are your plans for tonight, Bon Bon?"

"Movie night! Lyra rented some horror movies. What do you girls think I should do?"

"Get scared and cling to her in fear!" Vinyl joked, but her joking attitude vanished after she noticed Bon Bon was actually paying attention to that. "I was kidding, Bon Bon. You should try to remain brave and hope that she gets scared to cling to you. If you cling to her then that will be too obvious."

"And if the movie is sure to be scary make sure not to eat too much before or during the movie. And, if you know something's gonna jump at you like those cheap but always successful jump scares, look away and cover your ears." Derpy added to Vinyl's advise.

"Ok, sounds good. Now, let's go with you Ditzy. Do you have time or do you need a foalsitter for your girls?" Bon Bon said in with a slight tone of sarcasm.

"Actually, Sparkler and Dinky are invited to Ruby Pinch's party tonight, so you can say I have free time. I was thinking about inviting the Doctor for dinner at my house. Suggestions?"

"Yeh, don't make muffins as the main course!" Vinyl laughed, but the glare of her two friends made her realize that was unnecessary. "Alright, sheesh. You spend more time with the Doctor than anypony else, you surely know what his favorite food is."

Bon Bon thought for a moment until the idea came to her. "Oh, and don't make it awkward. Talk to him about anything, just not about the obvious. Try not to sound shy, he's likely going to notice something is wrong."

Derpy smiled at her helpful friends. "Sure, I'll do that."

For at least two more hours they discussed more plans. From buying chocolate for the stroll, to sneaking in a romantic movie, to an "I love you" muffin. The number of plans and ideas the three friends came up with was very high, even if they knew that most of them weren't possible. like an idea involving moving everything to the Crystal Empire to get help from Princess Cadence. When it was clear that it was time to go so their roommates and family wouldn't notice their absence, Vinyl took six strange earrings from a small box, with every two of them decorated with a muffin, a candy and a disc respectively. She explained they would enable them to communicate with each other if they needed more help during their dates, the earrings serving as phones of sorts, and would be activated by touching them with a hoof, so if they talked quietly it would go unnoticed. Glad to see that Vinyl thought of something great once again, Bon Bon and Derpy took two earrings each while Vinyl kept the remaining ones. Testing them went smoothly. they worked perfectly. They were now ready to face the day with their perfect plan.

"Alright girls, I'll take off now. I'll talk to you before my date to check up on you." Vinyl winked before putting her glasses on.

"Alright, take care Scratch! You too Derpy!" Bon Bon looked at Derpy with a reassuring smile.

"Thanks, have a good day you two! Just be sure to remember everything we discussed!" Derpy laughed along with her friends before each of them walked away in their own direction. This plan couldn't fail them, tonight, they would get their chance and not blow it. Each of them would get their special somepony or at least find out why their feelings were not reciprocated. Hopefully the first one, that IS the plan after all.

Author's Note:

This chapter was better in my head. If any of you have read my other stories you can possibly tell I am not the best at using a better variety of words.
Please give constructive criticism, I am still learning and want to be good.