• Published 12th May 2013
  • 642 Views, 30 Comments

Lost and Alone - Everfree23



Jacob goes to sleep one night after dinner, and when he wakes up, he finds himself a pony! What happened?

  • ...
34
 30
 642

Unstable and Confused

"Jacob? Jacob! Jacob, wake up! Are you okay? Jacob?" prodded Twilight, shaking a dazed and confused Jacob. "Yeah, yeah. What happened? Last thing I remember I was standing here, and then, I started feeling sick, and now I'm here? Huh?" Jacob moaned. "Jacob, listen to me. I did some tests, and you're unstable. You're going to be very sensitive, and you may feel sick at times. Come back to the library as fast as possible when you do, or if you're far away, just take one of these. They aren't as effective, but they'll work." Twilight explained, placing a pill bottle in Jacob's hoof.

Jacob nodded, and walked down the stairs with Twilight into the basement, where a mattress lay on the floor. "You can stay here. Just remember Jacob, you're unstable!" Twilight warned, leaving the room. Jacob flopped onto the mattress and sighed. He didn't want to be unstable, and he wanted to go home. He pulled himself onto his feet, and walked out of the house into Ponyville. He glanced around dully, not seeing anything interesting. He fluttered up into the air, sighing with boredom and grumpiness as he did so.

It was so unfair! Not only did he have to be a stupid pony, but he had to be an unstable one! What was a boy to do? After all, he was only 15. He hadn't gone to college, he hadn't graduated, and now he would never be able to do any of that. He would never see his family again, and he would never go on a date with Emma, and he would never see his dog again, and - his thoughts were interrupted by a sudden blow to the face. It wasn't a hard blow, but it was a blow, never the less. He felt claws in his cheek, and he started to get dizzy. His stomach started to twist up. I have to get back to the library! Jacob thought to himself, racing off to the library.

"Twilight!" he shouted, bursting through the doorway. Twilight bounded down the stairs. "Instability?" Twilight rushed. Jacob nodded, and passed out. When he woke up, he was lying on his mattress in Twilight's basement. "W-what happened?" he muttered. Twilight trotted down the stairs with a worried look on her face. "Jacob? Are you awake?" she asked. "Yeah, yeah. I'm gonna head back outside, I just need some fresh air, that's all." he murmured, getting up and trotting upstairs. Twilight followed him. Suddenly, a knock on the door.

"Oh, hey Fluttershy! What's up?" asked Twilight, opening the door. "Oh, um, hi Twilight. Is there a, um, green pony here? With purple hair, and an, um emerald cutie mark?" Fluttershy asked. "Oh, you mean Emerald Spark? Yes, he's here!" Twilight smiled nervously. She didn't want ponies really talking to Jacob that much. She didn't know quite why, it was just something about it that made her feel...oh, what's the word again...jealous. Something about Jacob made her feel tingly inside. He really was a handsome stallion, with his soft purple hair and his perfect lime green coat. She knew that someday, their eyes would lock in love, and they'd wed, have two foals, both unicorns, named Dawn Shine and Night Shimmer, and live happily forever.

"Oh, well, can I talk to him? Please? If it isn't too much trouble?" Fluttershy asked. "Um, sorry Fluttershy, but he's feeling a bit sick right now." Twilight lied. "No I'm not! Who ever it is, I'd love to talk!" Jacob shouted, smirking as he did so. "I'll be right over!". He ran up and shoved Twilight out of the way. "Hi, my name is Emerald and - Whoa..." he melted as he stopped Fluttershy. Her long pink mane puddled on the ground, and her smile could give a fire a sunburn. She truly was beautiful. "Hi, my name is Emerald Spark. What's...what's yours?" he gushed. Fluttershy blushed. "Um...my name is...um...Fluttershy." she whispered. "Sorry?" asked Jacob. Suddenly, a spark went off in Fluttershy. The way the sun was coming down on Emerald's pale lime face and glittering blue eyes was just perfect. The way he lightly tilted his head in the doorway of Twilight's library was irresistible.

The way his smooth, fresh voice asked for her name was all just so incredible. She had never felt love like this before! She wanted Emerald to bend down on one knee right there and take her hoof in marriage, the wedding would be in the meadow , with the most amazing flowers and critters, and then, they would have a filly, just one, beautiful filly, named Meadow Lark, and they would be happy for the rest of their lives. "My name is Fluttershy!" she grinned, flapping her wings with delight. "I just came over to apologize for earlier, when my bunny scratched your cheek. I'm so sorry, I never meant for that to happen.".

"It's fine, really!" blushed Jacob, pressing his hoof to his cheek. "It doesn't hurt too much anymore, just a bit of...well...stinging.". "Oh, well, that's good, I think. Hey, do you want to, um, maybe, go to the meadow? We're, um, having a picnic. You can come, if you want, that is.". Twilight booted Jacob out of the way with a jealous huff. "Sorry Fluttershy, but I don't think Jacob really wants to go on some little animal picnic. Bye, Fluttershy!" she breathed, slamming the door. "But - I - " Fluttershy stammered, then turned and walking away.

Jacob's thoughts whirled. "What the heck was that?!" he snapped. "I don't want you talking to her anymore!" Twilight shot back. "Why not, Twilight? Why not?!". "Because...because...because..." Twilight's eyes began to well with tears. "You don't know why! You just don't like other ponies talking to me because you're selfish! You'll always be selfish! You don't care about anybody but yourself!" Jacob was enraged. He didn't care how much he was hurting Twilight. "I don't want you talking to her because...I made you! You're my creation, and I own you! You're nothing but a human living a lie, and you'll only ever be a pony forever! You'll never be a human again, and nobody will ever respect you like they used to, so just shut up!" Twilight spat. Jacob was stunned. His face twisted up in an expression of hatred and disgust.

All hope and color seemed to drain from his world. His thoughts seemed to mush together into a big blob of confusion, he looked around his, and could barely see through the pure hate clogging his mind. "Twilight, make me a unicorn. Now." he breathed. Twilight sighed, and a horn appeared on Jacob's head, and his wings vanished. Without a word, he galloped down the stairs and used magic to carry his mattress, pillow, and blanket. "I'm leaving!" he screamed over his shoulder, tossing his bottle of pills over his shoulder. "Jacob, wait! I didn't mean - " *SLAM*. The door shut behind Jacob as he left. He walked for a while, until he came to a dark alleyway. Finally, after hours, he dropped his things and fell to his knees. The ground was wet and dirty, but he didn't care. He was angry, he was upset, he was sad, he was thirsty, he was hungry, and he really had to go to the bathroom.

He looked at his surroundings. The walls were brick, the ground was asphalt, and a big green dumpster was up against the wall to his left. Three garbage bags sat beside it. after hopping into the dumpster and using the bathroom in it, he decided to find something to eat. Dear god, I'm starving. What can I possibly find to eat here? I'm in an alley full of garbage. he thought.