• Published 10th May 2013
  • 1,146 Views, 13 Comments

The Amazing Adventures of Vinyl Scratch and Octavia Melody - aricaitlyn



Octavia Melody and Vinyl Scratch go on adventures. What else could you want?

  • ...
2
 13
 1,146

2 - The Note, The Cake

About two hours ago, Vinyl had stepped outside for a little stroll. She needed to clear her mind. She had also picked up a surprise on the way home: a delicious and moist apology cake from Sugar Cube Corner. It wasn't a complete fix, but it was definitely a start.

Vinyl stepped inside and turned left into the foyer. The floor had been swept, but the photograph sat on the table, almost naked without its frame. In the other room, Octavia was sprawled across the couch, napping. Vinyl placed the cake box on the coffee table and quickly scrawled a mediocre apology letter. It was cheesy and it was rushed, but it was truly empathetic. She finally folded the note in half, taped it to the cake box, and headed upstairs to bed.


The next morning, Octavia woke up and her first sight this morning was the cake box. She peered closer and saw the note on top, written in Vinyl's undeniably messy and misspelled hoof-writing.

Dear Octavia,

I'm really sorry that I broke the frame and scratched that sentamentel sentimental photo. One of the nights you played first chair cello in Canterlot, I decided to throw a party. It got a bit out of hoof. Word of advice: never trust Rainbow Dash with the stereo. Never ends well.

But, honestly, if the photo meant so much to you, I'll find a way to get it retaken. Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye.

Your friend,

Vinyl Scratch

With tears of happiness welling in her eyes, Octavia began to shake her roommate from dreamland. "Vinyl!" she exclaimed, but with not as much force as last night.

Vinyl yawned, a little peeved that she was shaken from an amazing dream. "I'm up. What is it?"

"Would you like to share this cake?"


"So, Oct," Vinyl began, picking at her slice.

"Yes?"

"I met your sisters last night."

Octavia's ears perked up. "Really?"

Vinyl nodded. "Yeah. They're the ones who sold me the cake."

"Well, I haven't seen them since Pinkie earned her cutie mark. After that, we all sort of...branched off."

"So, why don't we invite them to dinner?" Vinyl suggested.

"Well, that would be a great idea, but I've got no way of contacting them." Octavia replied.

Suddenly, Vinyl pulled a large book out. The book had many pages, displaying the contact information of nearly everypony in Equestria. Vinyl began to flip through the pages, then stopped at the page that she needed. "I've found it!"

"That's great, Vinyl! But what exactly did you find?"

Vinyl began to read the page. "There are two addresses here: one for Sugar Cube Corner, and one for the - Rock farm? You guys worked on a rock farm?!"

Octavia nodded and chuckled a bit. "Yes. It was pretty dull back home."

"But you're still willing to see your family to retake the picture?"

"Yes," Octavia repeated. "No matter how dull."