• Published 13th May 2013
  • 1,202 Views, 32 Comments

The Elements of Dueling. - theultimatebrony



What happens when ponies get sent to a yugioh playing Earth.

  • ...
9
 32
 1,202

Chapter 6

"What do we do now?" Twilight asked.

Evan walked over to James and his fallen cards. He reached into the pile and pulled out a single card.

"What are you doing?" I asked, "We should be getting the Equestrians back to my place before someone notices that they're not holograms and you're stealing the guy's cards?"

Evan tossed me the card, it was Number 107. Then he said, "Just in case he comes back after us. Now we should go."

As we hopped on our duel runners, I called out, "Don't head to my place in a group or else someone might notice."

Everyone nodded and we all sped off, the Rainbow flying into the clouds and the rest of the ponies and Spike holding on. When I got back to my house, I took Twilight up to my room and Spike began to explore daytime television.

"Where's the rest of your family?" Twilight asked when we got inside my room.

"Out shopping," I replied, rummaging around in my closet until I found a device that looked like two game mats stuck together, "Aha! There you are."

"What's that?"

I grabbed my duel disk and began to press some buttons on my device, "It syncs up with dueling devices and acts as a miniature holofield."

"Interseting. What do you plan to do with it?"

"This," I put Aqua Serpent on the duel disk. Then I summoned my fin-shaped disk and removed my deck, saying, "I'm going to remake my deck. So ask Aqua Serpent any questions you might have."

"Why would I want to ask it anything?"

Because you are an extremly curious mare and I've been alive longer than Equestrua has existed.

"Exactly," I said, pulling a large box of cards from my closet.

"Well, there are a few questions. Why did you work with Discord?"

He agreed to keep out of the deep seas and not to hurt my sea ponies.

"Sea ponies are real?"

"What are sea ponies?" I interrupted.

"Imagine a pony but with a fish tail instead of hind legs."

"Okay. What other questions do you have?" I decided not to get into a conversation about mermaids.

"Do you have an idea about who has the last elemental?"

When we were trapped, we agreed to choose hosts that were friends, so Tyler should have been the next bearer. If Darkness has forced Wind upon someone, it would have to be a pegasus, a griffon, or one of the seven and a half billion humans on this world.

"Why would just those three groups get it?"

Each sentient species is affiliated with an element. Pegasi and Griffons are with Wind. Sea ponies are with
Water. Earth ponies are with Earth and Unicorns and dragons are with Fire.

"So who are humans with?" I asked, my deck now complete.

Humans are, for lack of a better word, strange. They are unaffiliated with an element and therefore can control
them all.

I was about to ask something else when Spike called out, "Erik's friends are here!"

I put Aqua Serpent back in my deck box and got up. When I turned my legs collapsed and I fell on top of Twilight. When we landed, my lips came in contact with hers.

I got off of Twilight, my face feeling like it was on fire, and said, "Are you alright."

"Yeah, I'm fine," Twilight's tone told me that she was surprised but not angry.

"Maybe we should keep this to ourselves."

Twilight nodded, "I agree."

As we walked downstairs, I began to inwardly converse with Aqua Serpent, "Did you do that?"

Nooo. I could hear the sarcasm in his voice.

"Just tell me before you try to take control of my body so we don't do that again."

When we got outside, Brett stepped up to me and said, "I challenge you to a duel. I've been itching to have a crack at your new card."

"I was wanting to finish our duel," Twilight said.

I thought a moment before saying, "Spike, get over here. We're having a tag duel."

We all walked over to the soybean field near my house, Brett and I explaining how to play the game and the rules of a tag duel. Spike and I would be a team, as would Brett and Twilight. Each team would start with 16000 lifepoints. Teammates could use eachother's monsters for summoning but could not see hands or facedowns.

When we got to the dueling site, Brett asked me, "How do I make a duel disk appear out of thin air?"

"Just focus," I replied as I summoned my disk.

Brett closed his eyes and his arm burst into flames. When the fire disappeared, it left behind a duel disk shaped like a dragon's wing. I took no time to marvel as I threw my holoprojecor into the air, everyone else folowing suit. Brett
and I drew five cards and Twilight and Spike assembled there duel pads and drew.

"I draw," Brett said, taking the first move, "I summon Solar Flare Dragon(ATK1500) and I end my turn."

Brett and Twilight Lp: 16000. Brett hand: 5.

Erik and Spike Lp: 15000.

I shielded myself as the dragon fired at me and Spike.

"Why did we take a thousand points of damage?" Spike asked, "he only has one of those monsters."

"It takes 500 points away from each opponent," I replied, "So it took 1000 out of our combined lifepoints. But I'm not going to dwell on that so I draw. I activate Water Hazard which allows me to summon Oceans Keeper(ATK1500). Now
I summon Atlantean Heavy Infantry(ATK0). Because of his effect I can summon Abyss Soldier from my hand. Now I activate Star Changer to make Atlantean Heavy Infantry level three. I overlay my level three Oceans Keeper and Atlantean
Heavy Infantry to xyz summon Number 17: Leviathan Dragon (ATK2000)

"Why didn't he summon his Elemental?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Erik always has two plans," Brett replied, "Don't you?"

"I use the effect of Abyss Soldier," I continued with a sly smile, "I discard Friller Rabca to return Solar Flare Dragon to your hand. I end my turn."

Erik and Spike Lp: 15000. Erik hand: 0

"I draw," Twilight said, "I activate Ancient Rules to summon Dark Magician (ATK2500) I set a monster and two cards and end my turn.

Brett and Twilight Lp: 16000. Twilight hand: 1

"I guess I go now," Spike said, "Because Twilight has a monster and I don't, I can summon Hieratic Dragon of Tefnuit in attack mode(ATK2100). Now I tribute my monster to summon Hieratic Dragon of Eset(ATK1900) and because I tributed Tefnuit, I can summon Hieratic Seal of the Sun Dragon Overlord from my deck(ATK0). Now, I use the effect of Eset to
make it level eight. I overlay my monsters to xyz summon Hieratic Sun Dragon Overlord of Heliopolis(ATK3000). I use his effect to remove one overlay unit, discard a monster, and destroy Dark Magician. Now attack Twilight directly!"

"Spike, wait!" I called, but the dragon already fired his attack.

"I activate Negate Attack," Twilight said with a smile, "The battle phase is over."

"That was close," I said.

"Why?" Spike asked.

"Because, she has a Magic Cylinder and a Sakuretsu Armor in that deck. Just try to be careful."

Spike nodded, "I set two cards and end my turn."

Erik and Spike Lp: 15000. Spike hand: 2.

"Looks like I'm up again," Brett said, "I activate Card Destruction. Now we have to discard our hands and draw the
same amount," Everyone did this but me, "I activate Message in a Bottle to bring back Solar Flare Dragon, Flamevell
Archer, and Flamevell Dragonov in defense mode(DEF1000)(DEF200)(DEF200). Now I'll summon another Solar Flare Dragon(ATK1500) and activate Harmonic Waves to make Flamevell Archer level four."

"I activate Dust Tornado to destroy Harmonic Waves," Spike said.

"I activate Mystical Space Typhoon from my hand to destroy your tornado," Brett said, the two tornados cancelling eachother out, "Now I overlay my two Solar Flare Dragons and Flamevell Archer to xyz summon Elemental Beast:
Hyperion Dragon!"

When Hyperion Dragon was summoned, the mark on my left arm began to glow. I looked over to see that Evan had nit yet excepted Quake Lord and therefore had no marks.

"I activate Spellbinding Circle to keep your monster from attacking," Spike called.

"That still does not negate his effect. I detatch one overlay unit to destroy your Hieratic Dragon and gain his attack
until the end of my turn." Hyperion Dragon(ATK3000). "I activate Zerozerock and end my turn."

Brett and Twilight Lp: 16000. Brett hand: 3

"I draw," I said, hoping for a good draw, "I summon Codarus(ATK1400). I overlay Codarus and Abyss Soldier to xyz summon Elemental Beast: Aqua Serpent(ATK2500)."

When I summoned my monster, the hair on my arms began to stand on end. The air became humid from the fire and water clashing.

"I use the effect of Aqua Serpent to destroy your monster by removing one overlay unit."

The air around the battle got even more humid when my monster used his effect. So humid, in fact, that I had to remove my visor because it was fogging up.

"I end my turn."

Erik and Spike Lp: 15000. Erik hand: 0

Twilight drew a card, "I summon Spirit of the Pot. Now I use the Pot of Greed to draw three cards with the effect of my Spirit. I activate Temple of the Kings so I can activate traps the turn I set them. I set and activate Call of the Haunted to bring back Dark Magician(ATK2500). I attack Leviathan Dragon and end my turn."

Erik and Spike Lp: 14500

Brett and Twilight Lp: 16000. Twilight hand: 1

I wasn't afraid that the lifepoints of Spike and I was down to 14500. As long as I had Aqua Serpent Spike we were safe.
Spike drew, "I just set a card and end my turn."

Erik and Spike Lp: 14500. Spike hand: 2

"My turn. I just set a monster and one card.
Brett and Twilight Lp: 16000. Brett hand: 1

"They're probably setting up for something big," I thought, "Spike's card is most likely Xyz Reborn, Call of the Haunted, or Monster Reborn."

"I draw," my card was Posiden Wave, "I set a card and attack that facedown." It was Flamvell Poun so Brett added a monster to his hand. "I end my turn."

Erik and Spike Lp: 14500. Erik hand: 0

"I draw," Twilight took a deep breath, "I use Monster Reborn to bring back... Hyperion Dragon!"

Twilight, no!"

When the card was summoned to Twilight's side of the field, her coat began to catch fire. I took off the jacket I was wearing and began to smother the flames.

When I was done I looked up at Aqua Serpent and yelled, "You said unicorns could control Fire!"

I should amend my earlier statement. They can control it if they are chosen.

I just removed Aqua Serpent from my disk and began to take Twilight back to my house. Behind me Pinkie Pie yelled, "Seriously Quilltip. Why do you keep interrupting good duels?"

Author's Note:

o