• Published 13th May 2013
  • 1,202 Views, 32 Comments

The Elements of Dueling. - theultimatebrony



What happens when ponies get sent to a yugioh playing Earth.

  • ...
9
 32
 1,202

Chapter 5

I stepped back away from the duel field and my fin returned to being a mark, taking my deck with it.

"Who is that guy?" Twilight asked.

"James," I replied, "Evan beat him 2 years ago."

"I should have won!" James yelled.

"Are we going to talk or are we going to duel?" Evan said, his voice emotionless. Whenever he dueled, he acted like the machines he used.

The two activated their holoprojectorss and drew five cards.

"I'll go first," Evan said as he drew a card, "I set a monster and end my turn."

Evan Lp: 8000. Hand: 5

"I draw," James' voice was filled with rage and I had a vision of him as a red lantern, "I activate Pot of Greed. Now I banish two Photon Caesars from my hand to summon two Dark Photon Tsars."

"Dark Photons?" I thought, "So these are the power Darkness has given him."

"I overlay my monsters and xyz summon," he continued, "Number 107: Galaxy Eyes Tachyon Dragon(ATK3000)!"

As I saw his monster form, my body stiffened in fear.

"Are you okay?" Brett asked.

I nodded, remembering the time I faced the beast.

FLASHBACK

"Go Galaxy Eyes, tachyon stream of destruction!"

The blast hit my Dark Magician and my lifepoints dropped to 1500.

"Now, since I used my monster's effect, I can attack again!"

Before the light of the attack hit, I saw James' sadistic smile.

END FLASHBACK


James must have seen the scared look on my face because he said, "Ah, you still remember when I unleashed my beast upon you. Don't worry, Evan is getting something alot bigger. I activate Dark Xyz Evolution. This allows me to summon the creature Darkness gave to me so I can destroy you. I call forth Dark Tachyon Dragon(ATK4500)."

"Why do you want to destroy me?" Evan asked.

"Because when you beat me, you ruined my life!"

"How did losing one duel ruin your life?"

"It wasn't that you beat me, it's that you beat me in one move."

"How did he beat you?" Fluttershy asked, hiding behind Brett.

"Oh, I'll tell you how."

FLASHBACK




"Now my Photon Dragon, attack his facedown," James watched with a smirk as Evan's facedown monster was blown away. The crowd of students around the duel had grown tremendously. Most had never seen a duelist go more than a couple of turns and were interested.

"I draw," Evan said, "I activate Zenmailfunction to summon Wind- Up Warrior. Now I summon Wind-Up Knight. I overlay my monsters to summon Wind-Up Zenmaister(ATK2500). I activate Xyz crown, making my monster's rank its level. Now, I use Double Summon to bring out a Wind-Up Knight. I overlay my monsters and bring out another Wind-Up Zenmaister(ATK3900). I activate Fissure to destroy your monster."

"At least his monster can't wipe me out," James thought.

"I activate Limiter Removal to double my monster's attack(ATK7800). Attack!"

James Lp: 0

END FLASHBACK

"After that, all my friends left me. Now, Darkness has given me the power to take your friends in return for the Elementals. Now I activate Gift of the Dark One. This protects my monster from the effects of my next card, The Seal of Orichalcos."

Every human seemed scared by James' choice of card.

"Isn't that the card Dirk used on you?" Twilight whispered.

"Uh huh," I replied, "In the show it steals the loser's soul."

"It's good that this is real life then."

I just looked ahead.

"I remove one overlay unit," the dragon snapped at on of the dark orbs around it, "Now my monster deals piercing damage. Now attack with dark tachyon blast."

Evan Lp: 3300.

After the blast hit Evan's monster, it rammed into him and threw him against the energy barrier. My body was
racked with pain.

I touched my mark and thought, "Did you feel that?"

Yeah. Do you think-

"Maybe," then I yelled, "You okay man?"

Evan stood up and stuck his thumb in the air. His lifepoints were at 3300 and I was surprised that he could stand from the blast.

"You destroyed my Wind-Up Honeybee," he said, "That allows me to bring out Wind-Up Soldier(ATK1800)."

"I end my turn," James growled.

James Lp: 8000. Hand: 1

"I draw. I summon Wind-Up Warrior. Now I overlay my monsters to xyz summon Wind-Up Zenmaister."

"Maybe he doesn't have an Elemental," I thought to myself.

"Now," he continued, "I use Xyz Crown to make my monster level 4. I use my Double Summon to bring out my last Wind-Up Soldier. I overlay my monsters to summon Elemental Beast: Quake Lord(ATK3000)!"

A crack opened in the ground and the overlay units flew into it. From the hole rose a huminoid figure with sickle strapped to its back.

"I use my monster's effect. By removing one overlay unit from my monster, I destroy both our monsters and deal you damage equal to the number of overlays times 500."

I quickly counted up the overlays. Three for Dark Tachyon Dragon. Three for Quake Lord. That added up to
3000 points of damage. Six beams of light hit James square in the chest and he stumbled back. His shirt had a hole in the center, but he was uninjured.

James Lp: 5000

"So," James smirked, "You got my lifepoints down to 5000."

"I'm not done yet. When my monster is destroyed, he hits both of us with 3000 points of damage."

Two sickles came from the crack in the ground and swept the duelists off their feet. Despite only having 300 lifepoints, Evan seemed happy.

Evan Lp: 300

James Lp: 2000

"I set a card and end my turn," Evan concluded.

Evan Lp: 300. Hand: 0

"I draw," James said, "I activate monster reborn to bring back Dark Tachyon Dragon(ATK5000).

"I activate Xyz Reborn to bring back Quake Lord in defense mode."

"So, I can't attack without losing myself."

"Correct. I plan on ending this in a draw."

"Why would you do that?"

"Because I don't believe in dooming someone over the events of a duel. Even though you have sided with the wrong side, you deserve a second chance."

I didn't realize that Evan could be so deep and I respected him for trying to tie the duel. I would have justended the duel and felt guilty about it later.

"I end my turn."

James Lp: 2000. Hand: 1

"I draw," Evan inhaled sharply and I knew the duel was over, "I use Dark Hole to destroy our monsters. The duel is over."

A black hole formed above the duelists and the monsters were sucked into it. A shockwave was emmited and knocked them down.

James Lp: 0

Evan Lp: 0

Even though the duel was a tie, the Seal began to shrink around James.

"What is going on?" James cried. I could hear not anger, but fear.

The Seal moved to just around James and his eyes turned black.

"Hello brothers, long time no see," the voice I heard was the same that came from Dirk at the end of our duel.

Darkness, my marks glowed as Aqua Serpent spoke.

"Don't worry, I'm not taking this boy's soul. I'm just using him to talk. First of all, there is no longer a need to hunt for the last elemental. I already have it in my control," as he said this, I could see a dark shape leave from the corner of my eye.

"Not good," I thought.

"Also, I have to thank you," Darkness continued.

"Why?" I asked angrily. I had no idea why I felt so angry. Maybe it was his presense.

"Because, no matter how much dark energy this world posseses, I can't make a portal out. But, if you use the other elementals, I can slip through the portal you create. Although, if you don't return the ponies to Equestria, I have left enough of myself behind to wreak some serious havoc. That is all I have to say."

The Seal and the chaos disk disappeared and James dropped to the ground.

"What do we do now?" Twilight asked.

Author's Note:

Wow, another duel ends in a tie. Now, where is the next elemental, who or what was that shape, and Pinkie break the fourth wall. All these questions and more might be answered in the next chapter of The Elements of Dueling!