• Published 13th May 2013
  • 1,203 Views, 32 Comments

The Elements of Dueling. - theultimatebrony



What happens when ponies get sent to a yugioh playing Earth.

  • ...
9
 32
 1,203

Chapter 3

Flashback

Brett was riding his duel runner down the road, listening to Hyperdrive on his helmet's built in mp3 player. When the other guys and him split up he was lucky that two of the visitors landed in the city's turbo duel stadium. When the stadium came into view, Brett sped up to make it there before anyone noticed two talking ponies.

When Brett got inside the stadium, he saw two multicolored pegasi with three humans he didn't want to meet. The went by the name Wolfpack, though everyone knew they based themselves on the Triad of Terror from Yugioh Zexal. Heck, they even used magnet cards.

"Come on," said the leader, Grey, "Just duel us."

"I don't know what you mean by duel," a blue pegasus with a rainbow mane and tail said, "So just leave us alone or I'll make you."

"I don't think you have a choice. Husk!"

A large man grabbed the yellow and pink pegasus behind the blue one. He held one of her wings away from her body. The yellow pegasus began to cry and said something Brett couldn't hear.

"Hey, they said they don't know how to duel," Brett yelled, "Leave them alone."

Grey turned towards Brett and said, "We were told to come here and pick up these two by our employer, but I suppose we can defeat you first."

Husk put the yellow pegasus down and Brett ran over to her.

"The name's Brett," he whispered, "Your buddy Twilight sent me. Now are you hurt?"

"No," the pegasus said in a quiet voice.

"How do you know Twilight?" the blue one asked.

"She crashed during my friend's duel," Brett replied, "He's taking her back to his place to fix her leg, which was
broken when she fell from the sky."

"Hey are you going to duel us or not?" Grey said annoyingly.

Brett got up and sat on his duel runner, saying, "So how are we going to do this?"

"All four of us duel at once. We all start with 8000 lifepoints and if you get one of us to zero, we lose. Any
questions?"

"I got it."

The four duelists activated their duel runners and road to the starting line. The stadium's holoprojectors activated
and the clock began to count down. 3...2...1. When the clock hit zero the duelists sped off. Brett rounded the corner first
so it was his move.

"My turn first," he said, "I draw. I summon Solar Flare Dragon (1500 ATK)."

"1500 attack," Grey said with a smile, "We will defeat you easily if you have more like that."

"Why do the bad guys always underestimate the good guys? I activate double summon, allowing me to bring out
another Solar Flare Dragon. Now I set one card and end my turn, which means you get hit with 500 points of damage for
both my dragons."

The two dragons shot fireballs from their mouths at the Wolf pack.

Grey Lp: 7000.

Timber Lp: 7000.

Husk Lp: 7000

Brett Lp: 8000. Hand: 3

"I draw," the smallest of the group,Timber, said, "I activate Dark Strength Drain. Now your monsters lose all their
attack points." (ATK 0) "Now I summon Magnet Ape Epsilon in attack mode." (ATK 1700) "I set a card and end my turn."

Timber Lp: 7000. Hand: 3

"I draw," Husk said, "I activate Dark Ability Drain, which negates all your monsters' effects."

"Where did you get those cards?" Brett asked.

"Our employer gave them to us to insure the capture of the pegasi," Grey replied, "Now let us continue."

"I summon Magnet Crocodile Zeta in attack mode," Husk continued, "Now I end my turn."

Husk Lp: 7000. Hand: 4

"I draw," Grey said, "I summon Magnet Eagle Delta. Now I activate Magnet Fusion and use our monsters to
summon Electromagnetic Magnedragon." (ATK 4500) "Since in a battle royal setting no one can attack on the first move I
end my turn."

Grey Lp: 7000. Hand: 4

"I draw," Brett said. The card was Giant Trunade. But Brett had a card that could stall the duel for a win, Zerozerock. "I activate Ze-"

"Summon me," a serpentine voice said.

Brett looked at his extra deck and saw a glow. He pulled out a new card and smiled.

"I summon Fire Kraken. Now I overlay my three level four monster to build the overlay network."

A flaming vortex appeared in the sky and Brett's monsters flew into it.

"I use my beasts of flame to summon the ancient diety of fire. Come forth, Elemental Beast: Hyperion Dragon!"

A large, humanoid dragon came out of the portal. Its body was cracked with flames coming out and its wings were composed of fire. But its attack.

"No attack points!" Grey laughed, "You use three monsters to summon a monster with naturally no attack points."

"Don't underestimate a monster's power just because its attack is low. I activate giant trunade, which takes down your spells."

"So?"

"Now I activate the effect of my dragon. I can remove one overlay unit to destroy your monster and gain its attack until the end phase. Go, flame absorbtion."

Grey looked strangely unconcerned as his monster burst into flame and was absorbed in to Hyperion Dragon.

"Attack Grey directly."

"I can use the effect of Magnetic Balance from my hand, discarding it to negating your attack."

"I activate Double or Nothing, doubling the attack of my monster and letting me attack again."

A large flame grew in Hyperion Dragon's mouth.

"Nova Burst!"

Grey Lp: 0

Grey was hit by the flame and his duel runner released steam as his lifepoints dropped to zero. Brett drove back over to the pegasi.

"That was awsome!" the rainbow maned one said, "You got to show me how to do that."

"Thanks. Can you both fly?"

"I'm Rainbow Dash, the greatest flyer in Equestria."

"Well you're on Earth and we haven't heard of Equestria. Can your friend fly?"

"N..not very well," the yellow pegasus said.

"Then hop on," Brett said, "What's your name?"

"Fluttershy," she said in a low whisper.

"You can trust me."

Fluttershy flapped and landed on the back of the duel runner, holding as tightly as she could to Brett.

"Lets ride."

End Flashback

"And that is how I got the card," Brett concluded.

"Strange that he was chosen to bear the elemental of fire," I thought. Then I said, "Congrats on the duel. I can't believe that you took out the Wolf pack with two turns."

"Me neither. Now who are our other visiters?"

"I am Rarity," the white unicorn said in a European accent.

"Mah name's Applejack," the orange pony with a stetson said. Then she shook my hand with so much force that my arm was nearly dislocated.

"I'm Pinkie Pie!" the pink pony yelled. Then she pulled a cannon out of nowhere and launched confetti."

"And I'm Spike," the dragon said, "Twilight's number one assistant."

"Can you show us that cool dragon Brett?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"I have a better idea," I said, causing everyone in the room to look at me.

We went up to my room and I put my Yugioh disk in my DVD player (I never bothered to get Blu Ray) and set up
episode one.

"This is a fictional creation that is a series of moving pictures," I explained.

"We know what a movie is," Rainbow Dash said, "Now start it up."

"Wait," Twilight said, "Do you have some parchment and a quill?"

I pulled some paper and a pen from my desk and Spike took them.

"What do you want me to write?" he asked.

"Dear Princess Celestia. We are all fine and acounted for. We have landed on a planet called Earth and we have
found two of the hosts of the elementals. They appear to be on our side. The strange thing is that the creatures are not ponies and call themselves humans. Also the elementals and our Elements have taken the form of cards that they play with called Yugioh. I am unsure if we can access the powers of the Elements of Harmony though the elementals can be used during this game. Please write back if you have any information on Earth or a way to get back to Equestria. Your
faithful student, Twilight Sparkle."

When Twilight finished, Spike roled up the paper and blew fire onto it, causing it to turn into smoke.

"Why did he do that?" I asked.

"Spike can use his fire to send my letters to the princess," Twilight replied.

"Interesting."

I turned on the episode and left the room, motioning for my friends to follow.

"Did anyone else notice the tatoos on their sides," Evan asked before I said anything.

"Rarity told me they were called cutie marks and represented their special talents," Tyler replied.

"Uh, guys," I interrupted, "did the ponies have a strange card with them?"

My friends pulled cards from their pockets and I pulled out Twilight's card. Then I told them how the ponies and the dragon got here.

"Does anyone else think that we stepped into an episode of Yugioh?" Tyler asked. Everyone nodded. Then he said, "So who will be taking which pony?"

"I think that we should take the ponies we found, but Spike also stays with me," I replied. I heard my stomach growl, "I also think I'm going to ask Mom if she'll order pizza."

I went downstairs and heard the sound of a bus pull up in front of the house.

"Oh no," I thought, "Addy's home."

Addy was my younger sister. If she found a bunch of ponies in the house she would go all fan-girl on them (she really likes those sorts of mythological creatures).

When she walked inside she said, "Hey bro. Did you see that huge duel over at the high school? I heard that one of the participants got sent to the hospital."

"Yeah," I replied, rubbing my neck, "I was sort of the guy who beat Dirk in that duel and sent him to the hospital."

"Wow! You got to tell me about that!"

"Uh, give me five to talk to Mom."

I walked into the kitchen where Mom was on the phone.

"Yes. That would be three large cheese pizzas and two large meat lover's pizzas. Thank you," Mom hit the end call button, "I was just ordering dinner. Was that what you were going to talk to me about?"

"Yep," I replied. Then I heard a scream from upstairs.

"What was that?"

I ran upstairs and found Fluttershy on the floor with her hooves covering her eyes. I looked on the television screen and saw Blue Eyes White Dragon.

"Does she have a thing with large dragons?" I asked Twilight, who nodded.

"I'm sorry, I didn't realize. But don't worry, everything will be alright."

We finished watching the episode and watched another episode and a half before my dad and the pizza guy pulled into the driveway. I waited until the pizza guy drove away before leading my guests downstairs.

When my dad saw the ponies he said, "So your mother wasn't pulling my leg."

Over dinner Twilight and I explained our predicament and the living arrangements we agreed on

Whan we were done Dad said, "Does anyone know why my son has been chosen by an extra-dimensional beast that is taking the form of a card?"

"I'm not sure," Twilight replied, "It might just be because Erik was the nearest one using a water deck."

"As long as you try not to get hurt," Dad said to me, "you can help these ponies and dragon."

When dinner was over it was 5:00. My friends left and took five of the ponies with them. I took Twilight to the shed and let her in.

"I'm going to resize some duel pads for your friends. Do you want to watch some more Yugioh?"

"Sure," Twilight replied, "Though could I see an episode with those xyz monsters, as long as it doesn't spoil the series."

"Ah, you want to see the Zexal series. Have you been thinking about the kind of deck you want?"

"Yeah. Are there a large number of magic users?"

"Uh huh. You like to do magic?"

"Yes. I am the personal student of Princess Celestia and my talent is magic."

"She's the student of her country's monarch," I thought, "She must be extremely powerful."

"I may have a deck for you," I said.

I pulled my spare deck out of a duel pad. It was my old Spellcaster deck I used to use. Twilight took the deck from me and began to look through it.

"What's this?" she said confused, "Is this Exodia?"

"I forgot I had those still. You can keep them, I'm not really interested in using it."

"Thanks."

I put on Zexal and got to work. After I resized the duel pads, I made some pony and dragon sized duel visors. I figured they'd come in handy for the new duelists. When I was done with everything I sat down and watched the show with Twilight.

After Kite's duel with Yuma I looked at the clock. It said 10:00.

"It's time to go to bed Twilight," I yawned.

Twilight and I went back inside and up to my bedroom. Spike was sleeping on the spair blankets in my closet.

"Where am I going to sleep?" Twilight asked.

"You can just sleep in my bed until we figure something out, just don't tell my parents."

"Thank you very much Erik!"

Twilight lied down in my bed and I beside her and I went to sleep.

Author's Note: