• Published 6th May 2013
  • 1,435 Views, 20 Comments

The Rider Of Darkness - GaleWind

  • ...
5
 20
 1,435

Scroll 4

Scroll 4

After the battle, the girls decided to go back to the farm house to figure out what to do next. They were discussing many things on the way back but, the main focus was on ‘kamen rider shade’ and the elements of harmony.

“How in the hay was he able to do all those things!? First he made a copy of himself, than he was strong enough to crack the ground with one punch!” Rainbow shouted. The girls were trying to figure that themselves.

“I don’t know, Rainbow. I’m still trying to figure this out myself.” Twilight exclaimed.

“Darling, I think there are more important matters to deal with.” Rarity said.

“Yeah, how was he able to use the element of honesty like that?” Applejack proclaimed.

“I don’t know. I know the elements are still in Canterlot but, that was the element of honesty’s symbol on his helmet. It just doesn’t make any sense and we still don’t know who this ‘kamen rider shade’ really is.” Twilight said.

The girls were pondering this all the way to the farm with more questions than answers. When they got there, they heard a banging noise coming from the shed. They walked towards and noticed the door was lock from the outside.

“Hello, is anypony in there?” She said. There was silence for a second before they heard a voice.

“Twilight, is that you out there?” They recognized the voice as their friend.

“Echo Wave, how did you get in there?”

“I walked through town and decided to check the farm again. One minute, I’m looking through the shed, the next, the ground starts to shake and the door closes, locking me in. Can you open the door please?” I explained.

They unlocked the door, opened it and checked to see if I was okay. I told them I was fine and asked what that noise was about. They told me everything and wondered what to do next.

“Send a message to the vilotan siblings, Twilight. They might send back up.” Rainbow said.

“Hold on, Rainbow. Look, I know this is important but, we already have a problem on our hands. When I was at the bar, I talked to one of the residents if they saw Braeburn. He said that he’s been missing for four months and the last time he saw him was when he was talking to two vilotan ponies about an expedition.”

“HE’S BEEN MISSING FOR FOUR MONTHS!” Applejack shouted. The volume of her voice caused us to cover our ears and for Fluttershy to hide behind me.

“Applejack, I need you to calm down. Look, from what you girls said, that stallion the ‘rider’ took down was one of the two to last see him.” I explained while trying to calm down Fluttershy.

“Thank you.” She said with a small smile.

“You’re welcome. Listen, it’s been a long day and we all need the rest. Let’s try to eat something and go to sleep. Tomorrow, we’ll see if we can’t find some more clues or that other vilotan pony.” I proclaimed. They agreed and went inside the house. I saw Applejack lookout at the farm and I went up to her.

“I hope he’s okay.”

“Applejack, I’m sure Braeburn is okay. Besides, he’s an apple and you did say your family is known for being tough.” I said trying to reassure her. She gave me a small smile and a hug which I returned.

“Thanks for helping me, sugarcube.”

“What are friends for?” I said as we walked back to the house.

We were able to make a few things from the apples on the farm. After we ate, the girls went to sleep and I quietly left the house. While I was outside, I saw the sun disappear below the horizon as night began to come. I was in deep thought as to where they could have taken Braeburn and hoped that he was okay. I was brought out of thought when I heard wings beat.

“That was quite the show you put on in town.” The voice said. I turned around and saw Zepha land behind me.

“I’m not in the mood for your jokes, not now.” I said with a blank expression.

“I just wanted to lighten your mood a bit. I know you’re worried about your friends.” She said. If you get past all her jokes, she really cares for others. I told her everything up to the point to when she arrived.

“You really do go all out to help your friends. I think I might be able to help you though.” She reached behind her back and pulled out an item I didn’t think she would have.

It was Braeburn’s hat.

“Where did you find this!?” I proclaimed as I looked at the hat.

“On the way here, I came across a buffalo in the desert north from here. He was injured badly so, I took him to a nearby cave. I was able to treat him but, most of those injuries were too old to heal. He told me to take this hat and look for help.” She explained. If this buffalo had his hat, than he must know where he is.

“Zepha, take me to him.”


Zepha flew me to where the injured buffalo was. I left a note for the girls when they wake up telling them that I went into town as I grabbed my bag and left the house. The flight took time and when we got to the cave, the moon was high in the sky. When I saw him, I was shocked at what I saw.

The buffalo was malnourished and he had wounds all over him. His clothes were in rags and both his arms were bandaged. His brown coat was covered in dirt. I heard him groan and he weakly opened his eyes.

“Did…you bring help?” He asked weakly. Ne tried to get help but, I stopped him. When I laid him back down, I noticed scars of his back.

“What happened to you?”

“Five years ago, my tribe went towards the town for apple pies but, when we got close enough we saw something that frightened. We saw creature that look like dark spirits of legend. The residents didn’t notice them which scared us so, we left.” He told us. I then realized how he was there five years ago.

“Your part of Chief Thunderhooves tribe, aren’t you?” I said.

“Yes, my name is Steelstrike and I am one of the warriors of the tribe.”

“What happened after you turned around and left?” I asked.

“Ten nights after we left, we were surrounded by the creatures. I saw some of my fellow warriors fall while we defended the women and children. They had this one creature that looked like a scorpion and it released flames from its tail and another that looked like a walking boulder. We were captured and imprisoned for years in a giant cave. They barely fed us to keep us too weak to escape or fight back.” He explained. I asked Zepha to pass me the hat and I showed him it.

“Who gave you this hat?”

“The pony known as Braeburn gave it to me. Four months ago, they brought him to where they held us. He was injured and Little Strongheart went to help him. Last night, I found an exit big enough for me to escape. I told the chief and he gave me his blessing and I promised I would bring help. Braeburn gave me his hat to show to someone for help.”

“Where is this cave?”

“It is north from here. Please…you must…save them.” He replied weakly. His strength left him and passed out. I stood up with determination burning in my eyes. No one harms my friends or their family and gets away with it. I turned towards Zepha and asked her to take me down from the cave that was ten feet up from ground.

“Look after him; I got some friends to save.”


I walked for what felt like four miles until I saw a large cave entrance. I walked inside and my blood just boiled. I saw buffalo behind steel bars in chains. They saw me and begged for help. I searched the many cages until I found the one I was looking for. I saw a large buffalo with a headdress that has lost some of its feathers. Beside him was a smaller, female buffalo with a weak, yellow stallion’s head in her lap.

“Who are you?” The chief said.

“I’m here to help.” I said trying to give them fate. I heard a groan and saw Braeburn move.

“Don’t harm yourself, stay still.” Little Strongheart replied. He slowly opened his eyes and saw me.

“Echo Wave, is that you?” He asked.

“Yeah, it’s me. I’m here to get you all out of here.” I told them. However, before I could pick the lock, a bolt of fire hit the ground in front of it. I turned around and the ‘scorpion monster’ and fifteen rezythes armed with swords.

“Are you the one behind all this?”

“Yes, my name is Infernox and you are not leaving here. Well, at least not alive.” He said with a voice laced with venom.

“Echo, get out of here!” Braeburn yelled as best as he can.

“Don’t worry. The only ones leaving is them.” I said. I pulled out the umbra driver, set it in place, pulled out the handle, placed the crescent gem in and slammed the handle back in.

“Henshin.”

The shadows surrounded and when they receded, I was fully transformed. The buffalo were stunned by this change and Braeburn’s eyes went wide seeing this.

“Echo, is that you in there?” He asked. I gave him the thumbs up to reassure them that I’m here to save them.

“Ah, so you’re the one that destroyed my partner. I must ask before you are killed, why are you really here?” He asked. I pulled out the handle, took out the orange gem, placed it in and slammed it back in.

“Honor Ground.”

The ground shook and my gauntlets appeared from a cloud of dust around my arms. I slammed my fists together in front of me and simply said two things.

“No one hurts my friends and gets away with it. Now, prepare for your judgment.”

“Fine, get rid of him.” Infernox ordered. The mindless soldiers followed and charged at me.

“COME ON!!!” I yelled. I punched the closest one and shattered it on impact. I blocked two attacks and destroyed two more. The process continued until only five remained. The captives were in a state of shock by the battle they are seeing. I slammed my right fist into the ground and rock spikes sprung from the ground and skewered the remaining guards. I ducked behind one of them to avoid a fireball. Infrenox rushed me and tried to impale me on his tail I dodged the first couple of strikes and grabbed it. I drew my sword and sliced it off. He yelled in pain but, used his fire to blind me for a second. When my eyes refocused, I saw him run away on a zerger. I used my sword to draw a circle in the ground and a six-pointed star inside of it. I placed an archaic symbol in the middle of the star and the whole circle began to glow.

“What are you doing?” Braeburn asked.

“Getting my bike.”


Infernox was a good three minutes away from the cave on his zerger (a red ATV) he thought he was in the clear when he heard a second noise. He turned around and was scared when he saw me closing in fast on my own zerger (a gray triumph Bonneville with a wolf based design). I drew two daggers and threw them at his back tires causing him to crash. I was close enough when I pulled the handle out and slammed it back in.

“Honor Ground, Exceed!”

The dust from the ground encircled my right leg. I jumped off my bike and into the air. I flipped forward and launched forward.

“May the Earth, Obliterate this evil.” He yelled in agony as I made I connected. The impact caused his zerger to explode and leave a crater as impact zone. I jumped out and landed on my bike. I took one last look and rode back to the cave as the sun began to rise behind me.


I got back to the cave and saw that all the buffalo were out of their entrapments. I noticed Zepha and Steelstrike and guessed that they must have released them. I pressed the pad on my driver and my transformation cancelled. I walked towards Chief Thunderhooves and the others to check on them.

“No thanks can explain how grateful I am that you have saved my tribe. We are in your debt.” He said. I looked around and saw Braeburn propped up against a wall with Little Strongheart next to him. He saw me coming towards him and gave a small smile.

“Well howdy, Echo Wave. Thank ya kindly for rescuing us.” He said.

“No problem. The girls and I were close by and we were looking for you.”

“How were you able to do all those things? You look like a super hero.” He said.

I began telling him everything about what has been happening or at least the rundown of it. When I finished recalling my tale, all the buffalo were around me with shocked faces.

“So, those royal siblings are really the bad guys my cuz and her friends have beaten and they put a spell on all us ponies that makes us see them and their monsters as ponies.” He said.

“That’s basically all of it.”

“I go to get back to town to let them know I’m alright.”

“I don’t think that’s a good idea. Listen, if you saw them for what they really look like than they must have informed them of it as well. It won’t matter if you try to pretend.” I said.

“Than what am I supposed to do?” He asked. Honestly, I’m not sure myself. I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around to see Zepha hand me what looks like a map.

“What is this?” I asked. I unraveled it and saw marks across the portion of the desert.

“I think they’re locations of other facilities like this one.” She said. They were spread far apart to what looks like the four corners of the desert. I wonder…

“Chief Thunderhooves, are there any more buffalo tribes other than your own?” I asked. The chief was in deep thought before he answered.

“Yes, including my tribe, there are a total of six. I know each one of them.” He said. If there were more buffalo in this predicament, than I think I know how to help them. I walked to what looks like an armory.

“How many of your warriors are left?” I asked.

“Before, we had sixteen. Now, we only have seven.” He replied sadly. I took out seven swords, axes and what remains of their bows & arrows. I took out the book and turned to the page I was looking for. I began the enchantment and the weapons began to glow. When the light faded, I was left winded and the weapons had archaic runes etched into them.

“What did you do?”

“I enchanted these weapons to work just like mine. You should be able to fight when you’ve recovered.” I explained. I saw what looked like the chief’s staff and grabbed it. I cast three different spells on this one and the runes were etched along the side. When I was finished, I stamped it on the ground and was engulfed in a small dust cyclone. I stamped it again and the dust receded. The buffalo were shocked at first but, it then turned to confusion. I gave it back to the chief.

“What was that?”

“I imbued your staff to be able to grant weapons the same attributes as the ones I enchanted. Next, I gave it the ability to cast an illusion of a dust cyclone while you are moving and a dust storm when you’re resting by stamping it into the ground. Lastly, I made it so only you can use it. You control it with your thoughts and can make the illusions as big as you want.” I explained. He looked at the staff and the weapons and then back to me.

“Why are you doing all this?”

“Chief Thunderhooves, I only ask that you listen. I am granting you these so that you have the ability to fight back and free the other tribes. I know you are peaceful but, you must understand that I may need your help one day. In order to free everypony from this evil, I need help from others.” I said. He looked at me for a moment and then to the others. They all shared the same look and he looked back at me.

“Although we are peaceful, we know when the time to fight is close. Know that when you need us, we shall cross the land like the wind to aid you but first, we must rescue our fellow clans.” He proclaimed. I smiled as I reached into my bag and pulled out a black diamond and a piece of paper and gave it to him.

“This gem will allow you to write on this parchment and send it to me to keep in touch.” I said. He nodded and we shook hands in agreement. He went to tend to the others and I was about to leave with Zepha when Braeburn and Little Strongheart approached us.

“I decided I’m gonna stay with them and help rescue their friends. Take this note to applejack telling her I’m fine” He said. I noticed that the two were holding hands and didn’t need any more ideas for his other reason to stay. I pressed a button on the throttle and my bike lost its wolf design and it changed from gray to white.

“Okay, be careful and you might need this.” I said as I gave him back his hat. He took it and placed on his head with a smile.

“Take care of my cuz and her friends. Next time, I give y’all a proper welcome to ‘AAAPALOOSA!” He yelled. I chuckled hearing a bit of the old him.

“Count on it.” I said as me and Zepha left for town on my bike.