• Published 10th Feb 2012
  • 847 Views, 23 Comments

Night-Mares (Redux) - Cloud Shimmers



A friend of Twilight's from when they were Foals has nightmares ever time he falls asleep

  • ...
3
 23
 847

Mischief

Rainbow Dash and Noble were on a mission, a drunken mission, but an important one none the less. They were going to steal paper from Twilight so they could right down 'the best pick up line ever'. Noble had his key to the library, which took a few tries to get to work in the dark and the cold.

"Noble,"Rainbow Dash whispered, "Why do you have a key?" She asked, trying hard not to slur her words.
"I've got the guest room!" He said loudly as he unlocked the door, "Rainbow Dash, please we are trying to be quite!" He shouted at her, luckily not waking Twilight or Spike.

"Oh, what was I doin?" She asked confusedly. Noble just shook his head,
"Her desk is right there, I'll go turn on the lights in the guest room," He said in a normal tone, clearly Noble wasn't a quite drunk.

"Got it!" She loudly whispered, "I'll steal some lights while you turn on the paper!"

Noble just laughed as he went down a hallway

----------------------------------------------------------------

Once the two had completed there appointed tasks, they sat down at Noble's desk.
"Okay, the best pick-up line ever," Rainbow Dash said with a quill in her mouth, "What was it?"

Noble looked at her, "Your hot!" he reminded her. As he finished his statement his head fell onto the desk, "Hello, desk!"

"Y-O-U-R," Rainbow Dash spelled out, "H-A-W-T." She spat out the quill, "Done!"
Noble was still rubbing his head on the desk, "Why are we doing this again?"

Rainbow Dash tried to make a Timeline of the nights events on the paper, "Drink- Noble- Drink with Noble- Drunk with Noble- Nobles says I'm hot- and oh." She gave the colt a look.

"Oh, yeah." He remembered, "But when did we get drunk?" That's how wasted he was.
"Not the point," Rainbow got in the colt's face, "you said I'm hot."

"Yes Rainbow Dash," he agreed, "I said that your hot, I meant it to."
Rainbow Dash sighed, "Ya know, usually when this scenario happens, both ponies end up regretting it."

Noble chuckled, "Rainbow, I regret most of my life." He gave her a wink.
"Twilight won't be happy," She reminded him.

"Twilight probed my brain, and broke my heart ages ago," He said stubbornly, "I don't care how she feels."
Rainbow Dash dropped her act, "The why don't we get on with this?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Noble, for once, didn't have any bad dreams that night. Even if he did he didn't remember them. His eyes opened slowly, but he shut them when he realized the terrible pain in his head.

"Yeah," Rainbow Dash whispered, "Those drinks make you crazy the morning after."
Noble kept his eyes closed, "What day is it?" He asked in an innocent voice.

Rainbow Dash checked the alarm clock next to Noble's bed, "Saturday." She said in a relieved voice.

"Oh thank Celestia," Noble whispered, "Can we just lay here all day?"
Rainbow Dash giggled, "Sure, why not." she gave him a kiss on his muzzle. "After all, I'm pretty 'exhausted' after last night too."

Just as the two lovers got back into comfortable sleeping positions, they heard a knock on the door.

"Noble, It's Twilight can I come in?" The unicorn asked.
Noble was freaking out, the hangover hadn't been helping either, "N-no, I'm really sick." He got up and went to door, "Terrible, just awfully sick, don't get to close." He warned as he faked a cough.

Twilight felt sorry for her friend and levitated a platter over to the door, "I feel so bad about last night, so I mad you breakfast in bed!" She smiled as she pushed past him into the room, "I'll just set it right he-" she saw the cyan pegasus in the bed.

Rainbow Dash awkwardly lifted a hoof in a wave, "H-hey Twi, ugh, good morning?"
Twilight's feelings began like so: Confusion-understanding-anger- RAGE!!!

Noble saw the look on Twilight's face, he saw Spike walking just outside the door, "Spike! Buddy!" he said quickly.
Spike looked up, "Oh hey Noble-" he was interrupted by Noble ushering him out the front door.

"Male bonding, Let's go fishing!" Noble said quickly, making sure he wasn't being pursued by Twilight.
"But, we don't eat fish." Spike questioned Noble's sanity.

"Spike," Noble said, "That library is about to become a battlefield of words that nopony your age should hear."

Spike was confused but he quickly made up his mind when he heard Twilight scream something along the lines of 'How Dare you, you bit-' the rest was cut off when Noble slammed the front door behind them.

----------------------------------------------------------

Twilight had been arguing with Rainbow Dash for about two hours now, and for once, Rainbow was being the sensible one.

"How could you do this to me?" Twilight screamed.
Rainbow Dash sighed, "What did I do, Twilight? Steal Noble from you? I told him what would happen if we continued and it was HIS choice." She pointed out.

"But he still-" Twilight was interrupted by Rainbow Dash raising her voice.
"Cares about you?" She began, "Of course he does, or he did until you pulled that mind magic on him. Whatever you feel, you need to put aside. Noble chose to spend the evening with me, and you know what?" The unicorn shook her head. "I'm not too sure it will be a one night stand. Twilight, I know you feel bad about this but it is your own fault! You pushed him away."

Twilight took a deep breath, "Your right, Rainbow. I just thought that he would never change, he did so much just for my attention when we were foals. And I just assumed," She began to cry.

Rainbow Dash held her friend, "Whatever this is, you need to talk with him about it, tell him why your so sad and what the problem is." Rainbow Dash couldn't believe half the words she was saying, this was really good advice.

"Again, your right." Twilight sobbed, "I was just shocked, I'm sorry I took it all out on you." Twilight got up and smiled, She knew what she had to do.