• Published 9th Feb 2012
  • 2,398 Views, 190 Comments

Love at First Charm - Creative Charmer



A new stallion comes to Ponyville, and he has captured the hearts of the Mane Six. Unfortunately, things get worse when each pony wants him

  • ...
13
 190
 2,398

Part 11 - Let the Clamor Begin: 3/3

"Creo!!" Creo jumped from being startled, and turned his head to see Pinkie Pie right next to him, having popped out of nowhere, as is her usual fashion.

"Oh, Pinkie," he said as he tried to catch his breath. "I didn't expect to see you pop out of nowhere."

"Well, it wouldn't have been a surprise if I didn't!"

"Yeah, that's true," he then placed his hoof on his chest as he continued to breath in and out.

"Are you doing anything right now?"

"No, not much; just making sure my heart is still working."

"Oooh, that sounds neat!" she said with glee.

Creo just stared blankly at Pinkie Pie. "...is there something that you wanted, Pinkie?"

"Well, I wouldn't want to keep you from checking your heart, but I came to find you because I wanted you to taste test my new baked goods I made at Sugarcube Corner!"

"Actually, Pinkie, I—"

"I know you'll absolutely love them! They're a brand new kind I made up myself! Cupcake muffins! The deliciousness and fluffiness of cupcakes and muffins put together into one tastylicious treat!" she licked her lips several times while thinking of her delectable confection.

Creo then made a sigh of disappointment. "Look, Pinkie, I'd really like to try out any treat that you've made—"

"Really?!" she said loudly, her eyes shimmering with elation.

Creo paused for a moment, feeling uneasy about his answer. "...but I really haven't the time."

Pinkie's smile abruptly disappeared, her eyes lost their glimmer, and her ears drooped downwards. "You...you don't want to come with me..?" she replied, absolutely disheartened.

"No, no, it's not that. I'd really love to try some of your treats right now—"

"You would??" she exclaimed as her whole face perked back up and she excitedly wagged her tail.

"Oh, why did I have to say that?" Creo asked himself in regret as he put his hoof on his face.

Pinkie grabbed his leg and began pulling on him. "Let's go before the cupcake muffins get cold! Otherwise they'll be less good than how good they are now!"

Creo planted his feet against the ground to try and keep Pinkie from taking him away from the other ponies, all of whom were still feuding. Suddenly, a call came from above the two.

"Hey, Creo!" Creo and Pinkie Pie both looked up to see Rainbow Dash flying around overhead. She landed on the ground next to them. "It's about time I found you! You gotta see these new flying tricks I came up with! I know you'll think they're awesome!"

"I'm sure they're amazing Rainbow Dash, but—"

"He's coming with me to try out my new baked goods!" Pinkie gleefully interrupted.

"Well, actually, I—"

"I'm pretty sure he can do that any other time, Pinkie Pie," Rainbow said, cutting Creo off. "My stunts are way too good to keep waiting."

"Well my treats are even more too good to keep more waiting!"

"Huh?" Rainbow said in confusion.

"What?" Creo asked, bewildered.

"You heard me!" she responded gruffly.

"Well, as good as your treats are," Rainbow started to say "I know Creo would much rather watch my cool tricks than eat some little cupcakes," she grabbed Creo's front leg and tugged him towards herself. "Isn't that right, Creo?"

"Well, I—"

"They're called cupcake muffins!" Pinkie shouted as she grabbed Creo's other leg and tugged him towards herself. "And I know Creo wouldn't choose anything over eating something tasty and delicious and yummy!"

"All three of those words mean the same thing," Rainbow retorted.

"That just means they're three times as great!"

"Well, it doesn't matter because Creo's coming with me!" Rainbow pulled Creo to her side.

"No! He's coming with me!" Pinkie pulled him back to her side.

"He's coming with me!"

"He's coming with me!"

Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie continuously pulled Creo back and forth whilst arguing at the same time. Creo was getting the worst of it, though, as getting his legs constantly yanked on was not a pleasant experience. Creo knew he had to make them stop, as his legs were already feeling like they were about to come off! "Girls, please stop this fighting! If you pull on me anymore, my legs are gonna tear off!"

Rainbow and Pinkie both gasped when they heard Creo's plea, so they both immediately released his legs, which snapped back to his body, causing him to fall down onto his back.

As Creo lie there, dazed, Rainbow and Pinkie turned their heads to each other, each staring daggers at the other one. The two ponies then moved right next to each other in face-to-face confrontation.

"Now look what you've done!" Rainbow Dash shouted. "You hurt Creo by pulling on him so much!"

"You pulled him, too!" Pinkie Pie retorted. "And you made him more hurt than I did!"

"Did not!"

"Did too!"

As the ponies did their back-and-forth, Creo struggled to stand up straight, still feeling a bit dazed. After shaking off the dizziness, he saw his friends arguing once more, and without delay, attempted to intervene.

"You just can't realize that Creo likes me better, can you?"

"I guess I don't!" Pinkie sounded firm in her answer, but then realized what she had just said. "No, I mean I do! And he doesn't like you more than me!"

"Girls, please!" Creo interrupted. "I don't like either of you more than the other. I like you both equally. I could never choose a favorite among friends, and all this fighting shows why I would never want to," he said sadly as he shook his head.

Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie both still remained silent as they did when Creo began speaking. Creo looked at their blank faces, and he felt that maybe he had finally gotten though to them.

"...wait..I just remembered!" Pinkie Pie blurted out. "Creo told me that I was one in a million! That means he likes me more!"

"What?? No way! Creo said that I was one of a kind, so that means he likes me more!" As the arguing started up again, Creo's face drooped with the dejection that had just encompassed him.

"A million is way more than one kind!"

"That doesn't make it better!"

"Does so!"

"Does not!"

"Does so!"

"Does not!"

Creo backed away from the feuding ponies, feeling even more helpless than before. Even this time when he was actually able to get a word in, he still was unable to cease the onslaught of bickering between his friends. Creo looked around, seeing Rarity and Fluttershy still going at each other, as were Twilight and Applejack. This whole catastrophe was like a plague; a plague that infects the mind so it can see no reasoning and will only want to fulfill its own desires. With the nonstop fighting, it seemed to Creo like this would be a plague with no possible cure.