• Published 29th Apr 2013
  • 2,565 Views, 34 Comments

Trixie's Master - Infamous



Trixie's life has been nothing but a mess after her duel with Twilight, but things start to look up when she is offered a chance to be Princess Luna's student in Canterlot. Before she knows it, her entire life starts to change drastically.

  • ...
6
 34
 2,565

An Unexpected Appearance

“Gaze, as The Great and Powerful Trixie will astonish you with-” Trixie was suddenly cut off by a rock hitting her forehead.

“Boo!” “Go away!” “You suck!” were just the minor insults that ponies yelled at her while some started to pelt the unicorn mare with any object they can find on the ground. Trixie successfully dodged some of the object thrown at her but some still hit or grazed her. It appeared to her that the more she moved around the more she would get hit, so she ducked down on her makeshift stage and hoped they would stop soon.

But the worst hadn’t come yet when several ponies had set the stage on fire. With that Trixie spent no more time lingering around and she dashed off the stage and hid in some bushes to remain incognito. She watched as her stage that she performed on when she was just a filly, was being burned to the ground. Tears now forming in her eyes, blurring her vision of the spreading fire.

She remained hidden until everypony was satisfied and walked home. She peeked out from the bushes only to duck down again as ponies past her. She held in her breath and closed her eyes and prayed that the ponies couldn't spot her and try to attack her.

“I wonder where that stupid mare went?” one pony asked.

“Who knows. But for all I care, she could rot in a ditch along with her stupid magic tricks.” the voice came from the other pony. Trixie didn’t dare to open her eyes but could tell that the pair where stallions with deep voice, which only scared her even more. The stallion pair walked past her laughing maniacally.

Trixie opened her eyes once she heard the distant hoof steps of the stallions. She was so terrified that she was shaking the whole bush. She got a hold of herself and let out a heavy breath for she didn’t even breathe when she hid. Trixie slowly raised herself from the bush and looked around to check it was ok to move.

Right as she stepped out the bush she heard hoofsteps coming from behind her. She was shaking tremendously again and stood still. She was so scared she couldn’t move, well until she heard voices. She put her mind into full gear and ran towards the woods passing the burnt rubble that was once a stage.

She didn’t stop running until she could see the light of her house in the distance. Trixie came to a skidded stop in front of a small rundown wooden house. She reached her safe haven and plopped on the ground gasping loud for air. She lay on the ground thinking to herself. How could my bad reputation have spread as far as Baltimare? She got up from the ground and was exhausted from sprinting. She slowly walked inside her little home passing the tiny kitchen and stopping in front of a mirror.

Trixie’s eyes went wide when she took a good look at the damage done at her body. Her bonney body and face was covered with cuts and bruises, her beautiful bicolor mane had leaves and twigs intertwined in it and to top it of it all, a big gash in her forehead. She didn’t feel any pain, only blood dripping down her face and a major headache coming onto her. She remembered the hit when the first rock was thrown at her. She dared not to think about anymore when her headache finally came hard.

Trixie still stood staring at the mirror, her eyes filling up with tears once more. She grunted loudly as she threw herself at her small bed. She was now crying loudly with her teeth clenched. She suddenly punched her pillow repeatedly pouring out her anger at the defenseless pillow. She had punched her pillow so hard too many times that the contents of the pillow were spilling out onto the bed. She was still angry and the pillow didn’t help anymore so she lay back down on the bed crying once more.

It has been a couple of months since her duel with Twilight and ever since then, she’s been struggling to make money and sometimes to find food. At best she would get a couple of bits from ponies who hadn’t heard about her pathetic reputation and others would yell, glare, or shun her. It had been hard for her to make a living lately. She’s been bouncing around cities to make money but she would get little to nothing. She was tired of moving around so Baltimare would be her last and final stop.

She thought that for sure those ponies hadn’t heard of her here so she practiced her magic to perfection and put her best smile through her raising depression. But that only came out for the worst. Why. Why me! Why must my cursed reputation follow me everywhere I go!? She thought to herself.

“I’ll show you. I’ll show you all, especially you Twilight Sparkle. You just couldn’t let me have glory for a day could you? You think that you’re the princesses prized pupil and saved Equestria twice makes everypony love you? Well we’ll see about that. I’ll show you... someday.” Trixie said through her gritted teeth as she punched the destroyed pillow once more.

“Well what are you going to do about it?” came a voice from outside her little house. She shrieked into her sheets as she thought that somepony had found her and were going to harm her. But what puzzled Trixie was that the voice came from a proper mare.

With her curiosity growing, she climbed out of her bed and slowly walked to the door until she stopped. Two possibilities were going through her head right now and that was that a pony had found her and rallied up a mob and go to town on her or it was just a simple mare that overheard her talking.

Either way she would have to face the mysterious mare for she knew that Trixie was awake and heard her. She cautiously opened the door hoping not to get jumped by ten ponies, but nopony was there. She stuck her head out the doorway to see that there was no angry mob. No, there was just a mare sitting in front of her house looking up at the stars. Trixie cautiously made her way to the mysterious mare until she was a couple of feet away before she decided to speak.

“Who are you and how did you find me?” she said with a serious voice but looking around for any movement. The mysterious mare said nothing but just turned to face Trixie and could only smile as Trixie gasped and quickly bowed her head.

“Pr-princess Luna, what are you doing here? If you don’t mind me asking.” Trixie said as she corrected herself.

“Is it so hard to believe that we just fly away from home to admire the stars and moon we raise in the sky?” the alicorn replied as she returned to gaze up at her night.

“Ok, but why are you here? I mean nopony comes to these parts of the woods and nopony comes to check on me not like they know where I live or anything.” Trixie replied as she raised her head to look at the princess.

“My night,” Luna started as she took in the crisp night air “My night lets me see everything that happens in Equestria. Such a marvelous thing. We get to see what goes on whether it’s good or bad. And my stars showed me your predicament.” the Princess of the night said as she slowly made her way toward Trixie.

“Oh? Whatever do you mean princess?” Trixie replied with a nervous chuckle. Luna had made her way to Trixie and just stood there towering over the exhausted unicorn.

“My stars tell me that you are troubled, confused, lonely, and angry. They also have showed me how others treat you with hate and anger. Am I right?” Luna said circling Trixie making her even more nervous.

“Well,” Trixie started as Luna finally stopped circling her and faced her once more with a raised eyebrow. "Well, how would you know what it's like to be hated as you walk down the street, to be treated like you’re nothing, like your some trash! What would you know about being alone? What would you know about going home and be glad that you survived the trip through endless mobs! What do you know about going three days or more without eating! You know nothing about me!" The disgruntled mare said, looking down at her hooves with her cheeks wet with tears and her teeth clenched.

Luna, closing the distance between her and Trixie, put a hoof on her chin and raised her head."I may not know what is like to be hated or to come home starving, but I do understand two things. Your loneliness and your anger towards others." Luna said with sympathetic eyes.

"How could you know about being- oh, right..." Trixie said as she remembered that was the reason why Luna became Nightmare Moon.

"I've been watching you for quite some time Trixie," the alicorn said as she sat on her haunches next to Trixie.

"For how long?"

"Ever since you first came to Ponyville and then so on.”

“Then why are you here now? Is the life of Trixie is so amazing to watch that you came to get my autograph?” Trixie said as she backed away from the princess and scowled.

“I do not take pride in enjoying watching others suffer. Besides I came here to ask you a question.” The princess said as she walked towards Trixie again.

“O-ok, what is it?” Trixie said changing her tone.

“Trixie, you’ve showed me that whatever life throws at you, you’re willing to get back up on your hooves and do something better. When Twilight Sparkle outdone you the first time you came to Ponyville, you ran away but searched for a way to become stronger. Even though it wasn’t the wisest of decisions, you put an unbelievable effort into it.

“Your personality doesn’t have room for kindness but when you weren’t under the amulets control anymore, you did the right thing and apologized even if your whole being told you otherwise. Some ponies turn the other cheek while others assaulted and harassed you, but yet you do nothing but ignore them and continually try to make it in this world.”

“What are you getting at?” Trixie said with a cocked eyebrow.

“Trixie, how would you like to be my personal student in Canterlot? You would stay at the castle rather that degrading house, you would be training your magic with me, eat meals with me and my sister and never starve again, be entitled to the most private and exclusive places, and you won’t be alone anymore.”

The unicorn stood there, mouth agape and flabbergasted. The princess just offered her to be her student. On other occasions, the only thing going through Trixie’s mind would be how this would be a perfect opportunity to dig up dirt and get revenge on Twilight but no.

The only thing she was thinking of was the last thing Luna said. You won’t be alone anymore. The thought stayed in her mind while she was imaging waking up for a reason and not dreading on what’s going to happen next. Trixie lowered her head while a faint smile appeared on her face.

“So what do you say?” Luna asked as she smiled as well.

Minutes passed as the unicorn raised her head and said “Yes.”

“Very well.” Luna said as she walked away from Trixie and to a small tree. She raised her head towards the sky before yelling something that Trixie didn’t understand. As she was trying to comprehend what Luna said, she didn’t even notice Luna’s carriage drop to the ground accompanied by her personal night guards.

“Coming?” the princess said as she was already in the carriage waiting for her student. Trixie snapped back into reality and quickly made her way onto the carriage and then they were airborne with a single hoof raised from the alicorn.

“Now first order of business,” Luna started, as she looked Trixie right in the eyes. “Even though you are my student, I am still a princess and demand respect. Understand?”

“Yes princess.” Trixie said repeatedly shaking her head.

"And you may address me as Luna. I do not like being called ‘princess’ constantly.” Luna smiled as she put a hoof around her new student’s neck as she was sulking at the fact at how the public would react. “There’s no need to worry. As long as you’re under my wing, the Great and Powerful Trixie will be popular and respected or even more than my sisters’ student.” she said as she gave Trixie a warm smile.

“Lulamoon,” she said under her breath. “My name is Trixie Lulamoon.” she said with a determined look in her eyes that pleased Luna.

“Ok then. Trixie Lulamoon, welcome to your first day as my student.” the alicorn said with a warm smile. With that, the duo enjoyed a quiet yet peaceful return to the castle in the luminescent night. Trixie looked back down to see her wooden house become smaller in the distance. As soon as it was out of sight she could feel her eyes drop and suddenly she was sleeping peacefully with a content smile on her face.


“You just don’t learn Trixie, I’ll ALWAYS be stronger than you. I’ll always be one step ahead of you. I’ll always be on top when you’ll stay at the bottom where you belong.” came from a certain lavender unicorn Trixie began to despise over the months.

“We will see about that.” Trixie retorted as she shot a magic beam towards her enemy, which was, deflect by a barrier spell.

“Humph, you still haven’t educated yourself with any other spells have you? Pathetic, should have known since you’re Luna’s student. Celestia is a much better teacher than yours.” the lavender unicorn said with a devilish smirk.

“DON’T YOU DARE TALK ABOUT LUNA LIKE THAT!” Trixie yelled as she began to charge up her magic for a single attack. The attack was drawing in everything, rocks began to float upward while the ground began to cave in. Lights and sparks emanated from Trixie’s horn as she was still charging up her attack. Her eyes started to sparkle and her purple irises began to brighten. Twilight could only brace herself with a multi-layered barrier.

Just when Trixie was going to fire off her attack, a hoof touched her shoulder. With her magic still charging she looked back at who dared to touch her during her most important duels she looked forward to in a long time. As she looked back she was greeted with a warm smile by no other than her master, Luna.

“Princess? What are you doing here?” she said still charging her attack but more relaxed at the moment.

“Trixie, wake up.” Luna said no louder than a whisper. Just before Trixie could say anything, her head jerked up to find several night guards looking at her and Luna’s hoof on the same spot on her shoulder where it was in her dream.

“How long was I sleeping?” Trixie asked rubbing her had slightly.

“Not that long.” Luna replied, walking at the carriage. “Now come so we can give you a quick tour of the castle and show you where you’ll be sleeping.”

Trixie quickly made her way out the carriage and by her teacher’s side to take the blunt version of the castle tour of her new home.


“And these are the royal archives. Now that you are my student, you have complete access to any information in here.” Luna said as she raised her hoof to the many bookshelves of scrolls and books.

Trixie, who was practically sleepwalking, only manage to take in bits and pieces of what the princess was saying. All she was concerned about was sleeping. She began to slowly shut her eyes and swaying slightly back and forth.

“So how do you find the castle? This is my first time giving a tour but I think I did a pretty good job if I do say myself.” the alicorn said smiling as she complimented herself.

“Trixie?” she said waiting for a response to see her student was asleep standing up.

“Well I guess we could hold off on the tour until tomorrow. Let’s get a good nights sleep.” she said as she walked past Trixie slightly bumping into her to wake her up. Trixie jumped slightly as she woke up with a snort. Puzzled at where her teacher was, she looked around anxiously like a lost filly at the market.

“Aren’t thou coming?” the princess said giving the old Canterlot voice a slip. The unicorn spun around at the voice to see Luna waiting for her at the entrance.

“Um, too where exactly?” Trixie replied as she made her way towards the prices.

“I shall show you where you will be sleeping.”

Trixie who was now by her teachers side, gave her a nod and they walked quietly down a hallway and a few stairs until they reached a golden door with stars and the moon as the handle. Luna pushed open the doors and walked into a huge bedroom with a bigger bathroom off to the side. The room was an oval with the bed laying in the back and the vanity and dresser off to the side.

The ceiling was an oval as well with stars and constellations embedded within it. The bed was king sized and had ten pillows on it with a big midnight blue quite that matched Luna's coat. The vanity and dresser were large as well standing off to the sides of the room. The room was magnificent but Trixie was only concerned with sleep.

"So? How do you like it?"

"It's...its amazing thank you,” the unicorn said with a big smile.

"There's no need for gratitude. I am your teacher and as a teacher I shall take good care of my students. Now, if there's anything else you desire, I shall retire to my bed chambers."

Trixie shook her head as she could only think of how big Luna's bedroom was.

"Very well, I shall see you in the morning." the princesses said as she closed the doors behind her and left Trixie alone to her thoughts.

Trixie stood in the middle of the room staring at big doors. She looked down at the floor with a blank expression on her face. You won't be alone anymore, still rang through her head.

"I'm not alone." she said to herself as a smile formed on her face. She made her way towards the huge bed. She got herself comfortable before she soon drifted off to sleep.

"I'm not alone." She muttered to herself as sleep slowly came her way.