Give Blueblood Some Character! 593 members · 437 stories
Comments ( 215 )
  • Viewing 151 - 200 of 215

3334953 Yeah, it's supposed to be honey, and she wants him to try some.

It is a little mysterious as to the exact requirements for ascension.

Really, from what I've been told so far the book is kinda very meh. I personally treat it like the IDW comics: Take what you want, leave the rest. Until it's in the show proper nothing is set in stone.
And I rather like for her to be a natural Alicorn, not a fated oneā€”like her and Shining Armor's baby girl is supposed to be.

Incidentally, I wonder how those two will get along...

Who else wants to see "Uncle Blue" spoil his little Alicorn niece absolutely rotten?

3335911 ooh! Ooh! Me! *raises hand*. I do!!

Somepony needs to teach her "The Snooty Trot" after all :rainbowlaugh:

3336234 lol. I know, right?

There's also the idea of her getting sick of mama's fun time and wanting calm and snobbiness. :pinkiesmile:

Celestia & Luna are just two of Blueblood's aunts. One of his other aunts, though, is almost as famous and beloved as the Princesses of the sky.

I am talking, of course, about Daring Do.

Many were the adventures he had with her as a colt, being her plucky young sidekick; rescuing her in the nick of time from traps, getting kidnapped by the villains, accidentally getting an ancient artifact stuck on his horn so that a local tribe worshiped him as the chosen one who needed to be sacrificed to their god... ah, fond memories. Why, he even earned his cutie mark out in the wilds, just like his dear aunt! (notice how they're both compasses? :pinkiehappy: )

Sadly, a colthood of running around ruins and escaping death at every turn do not make for much schooling in the way of refined behavior. Give him some brandy & cigars, and he can regale you with tales of his harrowing adventures. Drag him to a fancy, dull dance party like the Gala? Uh...

He knows something is supposed to happen when a date comes across a puddle... but what? And that cake thing was pure reflex. He's had WAY too many things thrown in his face in an attempt to kill him to do anything but block. (the "just been groomed" line was him desperately trying to come up with an excuse & failing. Badly)

3339804 Hm... Again, this may simply be my headcanon, but I just don't see a good relationship with Daring Do, partly because, well, instead of getting authority and help involved in her adventures, especially when a crazy creature intends to control the sun, she was content to work on her own... and write autobiographical stories under the guise of fiction.

... Lady, this creature has demonstrated itself to be a threat to the nation. I'm pretty sure you can lay off writing a book about your encounter with him and GET ROYAL ASSISTANCE!!

Blueblood, befitting a royal, values perfection as he perceives it. Even if he was Daring Do's bastard foal, in his more mature days he would likely come to HATE her for how she's been, for YEARS, putting his country at risk.

Then again, this could also expand upon his dislike of the Wonderbolts, for all their crap about either not following basics, approaching a problem head-on and it blowing up in their faces (twice, in fact), and their penchant to value raw talent over ethics. Disgraceful, he says.

(As for the compass thing, I did my own connections to say that Luna is his biological grandmother, because the stars were used to guide and shape maps, while the compass rose was to guide. Under that logic, however, Daring Do could be in the family, though.)

Ladies and Gentlecolts, feast your eyes on this. The last two panels in particular.
Now we know where Blueblood gets it from.

Had that idea in my mind today:

Blueblood was strolling the Palace corridors as per usual of his habits, when he saw his lunar grandmother on her bed covered in slimy slug-like things. Blueblood exclaimed in disgust, "Gran, what. Are. You. Doing?!"

Luna looked at him with pitiful eyes and told him, "I'm sick, grandson. I have a fever."

Blueblood gaped at her. "Gran, you are covered in LEECHES!"

Luna stared back at her grandson as if he had just told her that he is white-coated. "I know. As I told you, I have a fever and I am using remedies to pull out my bad blood. There is no need to tell me obvious things."

3348471 Damn that pairing to Tartarus.

The last panels two panels, though, yes. So much yes.

3349691 Also, yes, for hilarity.

3349965 What did you like?

3350078 the whole scenario stemming from chronological culture difference.

Brain-movement! Have we talked about his parents much at all yet? Whether the general headcannon is that they're dead, alive, or nowhere to be found because they're wanted dead or alive,
(Image of two well-dressed ponies slinging pies out in Dodge Junction,
"Stop, y'all are under arrest!"
"I say, you'll never apprehend us whilst we live and breathe, local law enforcement!" *Fling!*
*Splat!*
"Oh yes, you tell them, darling! That sentiment exactly!" *Fling, fling!*
*Splat-splat!*)
or just doing something that perpetually keeps them away from home? I know it might make the most sense to play it however best suits the story, but what would you guess, canonically? :derpyderp2:

3363688 I guess the pair are... doing what you described. *shrug*

... and now I've got this idea that they did that to Blueblood all the time as he was growing up. Every day, coming home from school... splat! Mom and Dad, crouched behind the couch, giggling as they prepare to hit him with another pie the moment he wipes his face clear...

It would explain his quick cake-dodging reflexes, certainly!

3368367 ... I APPROVE THIS HEADCANON, NOT THAT IT NEEDS APPROVAL!!

3298809 I just had a thought come to me the other day.

What if Blueblood's talent is giving direction? To be more specific, leadership?

Being a royal that would make sense, he would be expected to be seen as a leader after all. But with the Princesses ruling the country, what does he actually lead? Does he have a small population he commands over or is there something else?

And if that answer is nothing would he then suffer from Cutie Mark Insanity Syndrome?

And the jerkishness is a result of that? Dang, he'd be stuck in a positive feedback loop then.

My initial head canon was based on a similar idea, though without the cutie mark problem. When I first read your comment, I initially thought that such would be a bit exaggerated, but considering how apparently easy it is for ponies to get it, I suppose it's very possible.

Would tie somewhat into some of the prevailing characterisation 'styles' I've seen too.

3528083 And we've seen what happens when CMFIS (Cutie Mark Failure Insanity Syndrome, I forgot the Failure part) can do to ponies like the main six. You will love me anyone?

If he is indeed a leader with nothing to lead I can see him becoming depressed or off-putting or worse depending on how he takes it.

3528728 I'm sure he does something important, but since the show doesn't exactly teach us Equestrian politics, we're probably not about to see exactly what all of the government ponies do. Whatever he's doing though, it's obviously not been enough to earn him some wings, although hell if I know what the requirements for that are.

His cutie mark is a compass, it could be something like giving direction to other ponies like you mentioned before, or maybe he handles Equestria's land management or something. Who knows.

3529624 Sadly the issue is we don't really know him at all. Is he suffering from CMFIS? is he a jerk? Is putting on an act? Is he just ignorant?

Sad to say we don't know.

It's for that exact reason that I've tried to write him with many different characterizations from story to story, something's bound to be canon if we ever see him in a speaking role again.

That, and speculation can be pretty fun by itself. :pinkiehappy:

I found this today on a blog!

More possible awkward if it was Celestia that first instilled him with an urge to go out and quest for things, that urge quashed by life in Canterlot, Rainbow that brought him back to those more idyllic times with her usual Rainbow-ness.

---
"Just over this ridge, I can almost smell that long-hidden hoard!"

Watching her mane flow in the wind, he couldn't help feeling it would look a little better longer. Perhaps ethereal as well...

"C'mon, time's wastin'!"

Catching up, he smiled to her. "Would you mind, um... If I wore an eyepatch?"

"What?"

"An eyepatch. See, when I was a colt, Auntie and I played sailors. She was the first mate on the S.S. Alicorn, and I was a notorious pirate captain." Blueblood paused, putting a hoof to his chin. "Perhaps I could find and resize my old hat as well."

Rainbow Dash tilted her head. "That... that explains so much."

Oooh... there's an idea.

What if, over the course of a thousand years, the Elements of Harmony had been stolen from the old castle? What if Celestia couldn't investigate it herself (she couldn't abandon the throne, after all) or demand their return (can't let anyone know how important they really are)? What if she knew a certain colt who would do anything for her and had a special talent for finding things? A certain colt who would travel a lot, on diplomatic missions or as her representative for random political functions?

I see a sort of Dragonball / heist movie thing, where a young Blueblood has to find and grab all of the elements before time runs out. Discreetly, legally, nicely if possible... or sneak in and steal 'em, if it comes to that.

Maybe toss a bit of resentment in at the end when he finds out that "restoring the elements to their resting place" wasn't what would stop Nightmare Moon and save the world, it was just setting the stage for Twilight and Friends to do it. (I saved the world! Well, I helped save the world. I made it possible for someone else to save the world.)

I'm picturing a sort of H.R.H.'s Clandestine Corps-ish scenario in which Blueblood, codename: Nephew, (or something like that) goes around doing things completely unnoticed, doing minor stuff to make canon events possible, like scouting out the Crystal Empire or periodically visiting the Tree of Harmony to get rid of any monsters that might have decided to live in the cave. Might explain why there seems to be so little danger in Everfree, too.

3609186 Hm... Interesting. His Mark does suggest scouting and planning out.

"Agent Blueblood! The latest "Friendship Report" from Twilight Sparkle indicated only a minimal increase in bonding between her and the other elements. If Equestria is to be safe, we must ensure maximum rapport!"

"I understand, my liege! I shall direct Agents Flim & Flam to the area to instigate a high-pressure bonding exercise, that will encourage teamwork and helping one another out!"

"Excellent, Blueblood. Now, what's the status of the Everfree?"

"Nothing truly dangerous, but enough wild creatures to discourage casual exploration. The hydra is finally over the scale rot it was suffering from, but the timber wolf population is getting high enough that we may need to relocate some of them..."

That would make for an interesting fic...

He uses illusions and an oddly Sean Connery accent to create the identity of Cobalt Lifestream, Celestia trusts him with secretive missions, taking down Cultists, terrorists, body-guarding the Elements if they think a threat is present...

Maybe have him go after Chrysalis after the wedding, take her out before she can do anything else.

Rarity didn't fully understand what had been going on in Canterlot since arrived to participate in the celebration of the anniversary of the defeat of Nightmare Moon. Her reservations were changed to another room when reports of a small gas explosion rang out (She didn't know that hotel even used gas heating), a pony walking behind her suddenly dropped to ground like he'd been struck, dropping an umbrella (She'd heard an odd 'pew' sound at the time, did that have something to do with it?) and all throughout the newspapers reports of a cult on Luna's mad persona persisted. But here she was, speaking to a handsome blue stallion with a platinum mane at the celebration party. She'd seen him about the city all day, but never could catch up with him until now. And his accent...

By Celestia's Left Flank Cheek, it made her quiver!

Meanwhile the disguised Blueblood kept speaking in his well practiced accent. After all, no one expected the lazy prince to be a spy for the government; meetings and briefings with her highness could be disguised as 'family time' or 'another browbeating lecture.' Of course making Rarity's Gala night miserable was on orders as well (To bring the Elements closer together, he was told. Somehow.) but tonight he was on guard duty, and the cultist were doing their damnedest to kill the beautiful mare.

The bomb in the hotel was child's play really. How unfortunate that it suffered a 'premature detonation.' The clean up crews would need a fair amount of bleach for that one.

And then there was the stallion with the umbrella with a hidden pellet gun in it, complete with a poisoned pellet. Clever attempt, but it was interesting how fast you could drop a pony by telekineticly squeezing the right blood vessel. He suspected the gentlecolts in interrogation would have fun with that one.

And he suspected that they wouldn't stop there and try again, right under the princess' nose. How odd he would now have to charm and seduce the mare he was once told to be a flankhole to.

Well he was a spy. He'd charm her dress off and leave it in a heap by the floor, spend the night to ensure her safety then leave. Maybe leave a note behind. He could keep guard on her from there and mix his bushiness with pleasure.

Prince Blueblood. Cover Name: Colbat Lifestream. Call Sign: Sun Child.

Celestia opened Blueblood's bedroom door, finding her nephew sulking inside. "Why are you sitting here all alone and sad?" she asked her nephew with worry. Blueblood grumpily looked at her and muttered something under his breath. "I'm sorry, Vladimir, but I didn't catch that," said Celestia. Blueblood sighed.

"Grandma Luna has given me a royal grounding," he answered. Celestia bit back her chuckle and asked him for more information. "Apparently, she's a big supporter of the Canterlot Canters and found out that I support Canterlot City."

Celestia couldn't hold back her giggle at that. "Oh Vladimir, that is not a valid reason for her to give you a royal grounding," she said with twinkling eyes.

Blueblood angrily replied, "How in the name of our sweet royal flanks was I supposed to know that she supports a rival hoofball team?! Gran is very subtle about her favourites!"

Celestia's brow rose at that. "Really? Luna, subtle? I don't think her and subtlety even mix." Immediately, there was a cry of triumph with the use of the Royal Canterlot Voice.

"GOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" There was also sounds of loud hoof slamming.

Thump. Thump. Thump-thump-thump. Thump-thump-thump-thump. "CANTERS!!!!"

"See?" Celestia said with a smirk.

She takes her hoofball very seriously!

One wonders how oblivious he has to be not to notice her rather obvious preferences :rainbowhuh:
That clinches it. He just didn't know approaching Rarity would be seen as flirty. Or the eyebrow waggle with the rose in his mouth. Completely innocent. That's what those hero-types do on the covers of all those magazines Cadenza thinks nopony will ever find under her bed, right?

I imagine the confusion stemmed from a number of exchanges like this:

"You're a fan of hoofball as well, Aunt Luna? So am I! Are you excited to see Canterlot in the running for this year's championship?" I think Canterlot City has a real chance this year!

"Verily, nephew! I can't wait to see Canterlot crush the opposition!" The Canters' are a shoo-in this year!

Weirdly enough, this is Fancy Pants' fault. He bought the Canters team from their original home in Seaddle, and moved them to Canterlot. Now there are TWO teams in the city, with practically the same name. Very confusing.

Bear in mind that I call the original football 'football'. Just so there won't be any confusions.

... and now I'm imagining the Luna and Blueblood are having a similar confusion about hoofball. Luna is using it like European futboll while Blueblood was thinking american football, and the teams they're fighting over don't even play the same sport!

Making Blueblood really grumpy, since Luna didn't even listen when he tried to explain the difference, only declaring "If thou are not WITH us, thou art AGAINST us, traitor! To thy room with thee, to think over what thou hast done!"

... So... I read the fic "A New World, A New Way", the big ol' Pokemon cross-over fic, and while it was... charming at first...

... My opinion nose-dived when the fic got into the 'comical' abuse of Blueblood, starting with him, not familiar with the situation of why these Pokemon are around, but very reasonably PANICKING upon the sight of a Houndoom... and then he's written as the typical 'always in the wrong prejudiced ponce' baddie that lazy writing lends itself to. And when he, not knowing of the situation at large, asks Luna for help, he's scolded heavily, instead of calmed and explained to, because of course Blueblood can NEVER develop as a character. -_-

4116578 That actually makes Luna seeming very uncaring and abusive towards a member of her family if his only 'crime' was genuine ignorance on what the strange new creatures doing in Equestria and how have they arrived there.

4116719 Then later, the author has Blueblood, being 'ignorant' essentially be in the anti-Pokemon camp... Considering Arceus took his ability to speak away for a while, his aunt Celestia laughed at his misfortune brought on by that mouth, I can't blame him.

Reviving this old thread, I am starting to like the headcanon that I saw in deviantart that Sunset Shimmer is Celestia's biological daughter. Technically she would also be Blueblood and Cadence's aunt.:rainbowlaugh:

I wonder how their familial relations be like.

4817476 Question is if he's younger or older than his second-gen aunty Sunny.

That doesn't have to mean much. My former roomie has an uncle who's about a year younger than him. They treat each other like siblings or cousins. Well, it sometimes creates an awkward situation when talking with folks who don't know their exact relation to one another...:raritywink:

I wonder if Celestia kept Sunset's origins secret. That seems a bit heartless for her, unless she gave the foal away to a really loving family. Maybe there's a strange belief that succumbing to carnal urges is bad for the mental health of an Alicorn ever since Luna gave birth to her own line and Celestia didn't want her daughter to grow up with that hanging over her head. But again, I can't see Celestia be this cruel, even with good intentions. She's not like that.

Oooh... What if she's the product of infidelity? Like, her father was in a strained relationship because his wife couldn't have children. After it turned out Celestia was pregnant, she talked to the father and his wife and they desperately wished to adopt Sunset Shimmer. So, with a heavy heart, Celestia agreed.

Compulsive scene-writer on a time limit that I am, I will restrain my reaction to this:

Sunset: "So... we're like, family?"
Blueblood: "That sums it up, yes."
Sunset: "I'm technically a princess already?"
Blueblood: "As much as I'm a prince, whatever that counts for."
Sunset: "Cool beans."
Sunset: "I kind of live in the other world now, so..."
Blueblood: "I think that makes you an emissary of sorts."
Sunset: "Good to know."
Blueblood: "Was there anything else?"
Sunset: "Not really. Catch you later? Like, whenever we're in each other's respective worlds?"
Blueblood: "Indeed."
*They hoof-bump*

...It STILL went longer than I meant it to!!

4819243 That was a very awkward meeting.

4817844 Blueblood could be slightly younger.

Cadence trotted in the corridor to her little brother's room with a noticeable bounce on her hooves. She reached Bee Bee's door and knocked it using her signature knock that only those closest to her know. The door opened revealing Vladimir Blueblood working on his latest batch of paperwork, grumbling about needing to go on holiday to exotic places. Cadence came next to Bee Bee and whispered to his ear, "Bee Bee, in about eleven months or so, you are going to be an uncle." Her brother just nodded and grunted his approval while he kept his full attention to his work. Cadence glared at him and used her magic to lift Blueblood up from where he sat and moved him away from his paperwork. Those do not matter right now.

Blueblood glared back. "Do you mind? I was in the middle of a very important parliament work! The House of Nobles will not be pleased with my slacking!" he told his sister angrily. "What do you want to tell me that warrants me to pause on my work?"

Cadence frowned at him for a moment but let her LBBFF's rudeness slide for now, for she has a more important surprise to tell him. "Bluey, what I wanted you to know is that Shining Armour and I are going to have a foal. So in about eleven months, you will become an uncle," she said. Cadence giggled, "Imagine this, you will be called 'Uncle Vladimir', or 'Uncle Blueblood', or 'Uncle Bluey', or even 'Grumpy Gus' by your niece or nephew!"

Blueblood stared at her with a deadpan look at first, but his face soon broke into a large smile akin to a certain pink pony. He jumped with joy. "WOOOOOHHHOOOOOO!!!!!! MY SISTER IS HAVING A FOAL!!! I AM GOING TO BE AN UNCLE!!! YES!!!" he yelled as he bounced around his room like a pinball. He stopped mid-jump as he realised what else his BSBFF said. "Wait, 'Grumpy Gus'? I take offence on that," he grumbled.

Noice!

... Though I'm wondering what might've happened if Cadance instead put some paperwork regarding the birth of a new royal in front of him...

Blueblood: "(Groaning) Cady, the royal-birth form goes under 'a' if the foal will be an Alicorn, not 'h'. That's for 'horned creatures' in general. Princess Celestia changed the form just two days ago, at about the time you talked to Auntie. I'm vey sure she mentioned something like that to you."

Cadance: "(Stares) You dense motherb*cker."

• Viewing 151 - 200 of 215