Give Blueblood Some Character! 593 members · 437 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20

Good evening everypony.

As all of you no doubt know, every pony has some sort of special talent unique to them, and them alone. Now the question is, what is Blueblood's talent? I'm just curious to see the other variations on our good prince out there.

Here's an unusual one a friend of mine came up with:

His talent is being the center of attention.

The star is being "a star." That is explicitly his talent, with all it's impressive celebrity-creating self-centered implications.

I might troll this. My own fanfiction has it meaning that he has a comprehensive knowledge of many things; he can find his way through anything. Of course, this also relates to physical navigation, maybe an explorer or a diplomat? Or it could just be a really weird throwing star.

4441375 I always thought he was cartographer and sailor. *shrug*. See my avvie.

Let me see how many theories I can remember just of my own stories...

-Always finding what he's looking for.

-Skill with direction, to the point of being able to dodge borderline Matrix-style and move with incredible speed to maneuver somepony else to catch a flying cake for him.

-For lack of better words, being the embodiment of choice.

-A near-perfect understanding of what goes where, allowing him to navigate bureaucracy with almost ridiculous speed and efficiency.

-(Not depicted yet) Given a second to think about it, picking the perfect choice of words to steer and control conversation, or even just really tick someone off.

Do all of them make sense? Maybe not.

Oh, and, since it's actually on-topic, and I like complicated cutie mark meanings...

In the fic I'm writing that co-stars Blueblood, his cutie mark... it's going to be insinuated that it's for being self-centered, but it's really for inspiring others... but he's lost his way to pessimism and cynicism, so the only effective result for it is that the magic it grants him, which is perception/glamour magic... which means that the overall result is it's for mostly being self-centered.

Interesting. I've always seen him as sort of a counterpart to Twilight. While she represents Harmony, Blueblood represents ambition.

Another interpretation is for it to represent a talent for festivities. But where Pinkie's parties are exuberant and joyful and Cheese Sandwich's shindigs are crazy fun, Blueblood has a knack for high-brow, classy get-togethers. Such as an airship christening, for example.

4441554 *You suddenly hear the sound of mysterious chuckling. A feeling of having prophesied is in the air.*

From perspective...

Many of the fans who have seen Prince Blueblood know one thing: That his activities with Rarity never came across as being ignorable. This, combined with his background, have caused fans to attribute to Blueblood the talent of Donald Trump. That's right, my family sees the Donald as being talented at two things and two things alone. And those two things are getting rich and loving himself so much. Ask a typical MLP fan what Blueblood's special talent(s) are, and that will be a typical reply. And that's how I see typical fan view of Blueblood. I would like to see your perspective and your take on the one I talked about.

I think in terms of complexity, I enjoy interpreting his cutie mark as a compass rose, though I've never been big on making him skilled with maps or directions. I always wrote him as being an ambassador, who's almost always abroad. Traveling to Saddle Arabia, Zebrica, or the Griffon Kingdoms to deliver trade invoices, treaties, and other such things. He goes where he's needed, delivering the will of Celestia (and to a lesser extent Luna) to the nations at large.

My version of him has his Cutie Mark representation being two things:
The Compass Rose of a navy stallion, or as a heavily-redone "Eye of Balance" that his faction signifies as a divine Icon of the Universe itself.

I see Blueblood's talent being navigation, since his CM is a Compass Rose (it's like Daring Do's without her extra circle).

Him being at the Airship christening thus makes sense. It's probably one of his ships.

... I could see him being a very effective diplomat.

And not just in the "can schmooze" way... but also in the way where he could switch to demanding, when it's called for.

My plan for Blueblood's talent is that he is a master at directions (vectors) and guidance. Which in my canon, Blueblood is the captian of Equestria's Scouting and Expeditionary military forces. He uses his skills for pathfinding, map making, and magical combat.

A bit ironic, considering one of my rules for writing Blueblood is "He sucks at magic, so no complex spells." :derpytongue2:

Hehehe. My Blueblood isn't good at magic, but he's 'good' at magic. He can't perform complex spells, but his talent gives him a level of mastery over the fundamentals which makes it seem like he is much of a sorceror than he is. I always try to give Blueblood a reason to be a cocky ass. But I'm having a bit of a writers block right now.

For me, I've always written him off as being pretty terrible with his magical side, largely due to the fact that I write him as being part Earthpony on his mother's side. The only spell I use for him other that the usual lifting objects and such, is the ability to burst his speed over short distances, such as crossing a room with a flash.

While it goes with the 'direction' thing that you don't write, I sometimes wonder if he has a 'finder' talent akin to what happened to Rarity as a filly. She found gems.

He finds other ponies and non-pony citizens. XD

4441375 Maybe he writes Romance-Adventure novels under some pen-name?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20