The New Lunar Republic 1,790 members · 768 stories
Comments ( 125 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 125
KaBar42
Group Contributor

Do you all even understand what a republic is?

It's not a lawless mob, also known as democracy, and it's not run by the people. It's run by those who are elected to represent the people.

If you all want great examples of republics, look to the US, or Rome before it fell to the nobles.

But what Flec is doing, no, this is not how a republic acts. And anyone supporting him has shown that they don't understand how republics work either.

So my suggestion, withdraw support for Flec, because what he's proposing is a popularity contest. Or as James Bovard once said:

"Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch. Freedom comes from the recognition of certain rights which may not be taken, not even by a 99% vote."

I do not support Flec, at all. And if this group really wants a republic, y'all need to start acting like it.

3844524 This is the equivalent of the dysfunctional family fight over Thanksgiving dinner. I'd suggest that you sit back and enjoy the teendrama.

ALL RIGHT!! Yes! Someone else who sees what I see!

KaBar42
Group Contributor

:nahdisagree: I like getting political.

You realize that the leaders in the Roman Republic were elected by the people as well, and held votes in which the majority would win, right? Flec is doing nothing wrong. He is fixing everything.

KaBar42
Group Contributor

They won, not by popularity contests where 51% got you elected, but where laws were put into place on the number of votes required to elect you in.

The president doesn't win if 51% of votes go to him.

Flec isn't doing anything to help the group, he violated the law (the group's founder). And that's the ultimate power in a republic, the Law. Not some shit that demotes everyone else that was promoted by the law, Misfortune, and then claims he's doing it for the group. He's a fanatic who doesn't understand republics.

3844552 the group is going to fall apart before then

3844542 Then enjoy. As I mentioned on another thread, I get to deal with adults making complicated decisions all the time. :ajbemused: It's educational watching high school/college students doing the same. :rainbowlaugh:

Exactly. The laws said that the winner had to have the majority vote.

By the way, you're wrong. If 51% of the votes go to one candidate, that candidate wins. It's happened before.

If you don't like what Flec's doing to the NLR, why don't you just leave? If I didn't have a reason to stay here, I'd leave.

KaBar42
Group Contributor

By the way, you're wrong. If 51% of the votes go to one candidate, that candidate wins. It's happened before.

Are you goddamn retarded? No. It's more complex than: "Oh! You got 51% vote! You're president!"

Come on man! This is basic 8th grade American history shit!

If you don't like what Flec's doing to the NLR, why don't you just leave? If I didn't have a reason to stay here, I'd leave.

{Apologies}

It's more complex than: "Oh! You got 51% vote! You're president!"

Explain to me how it's more complicated than that. Apparently nothing I say can be right, so I'd love to hear your reasoning.

I'm sorry I mostly just use this group for stories. Any one feel like summarizing what's going on so I don't have to sift through a bunch of threads.?

Tony Montana
Group Admin

3844524 Um, you do realise that none of the admins in place atm are elected, right? At least not the admins before flec seized power; it was a single-party dictatorship. And like the ones in Eastern Europe in 1989, it's time for them to go.

There maybe hope yet...

KaBar42
Group Contributor

I will cede to that one point, upon further research, I will cede that it does appear to be majority vote, although I could have sworn I read it was somthing like 2/3rds majority. Man, eighth grade was years ago.

I will apologize for the retard bit as well. That was uncalled for and I was wrong in my stance upon further research. But I stand my point,l Flec isn't helping the group.

KaBar42
Group Contributor

A republic is run by law.

A group's law is the founder.

The founder is the law.

Flec violated the law.

You failed.

Thank you for apologizing. Anyway, I continue to argue that he IS helping. He is setting up a way of running the group that will allow the group members to be more involved. How, kind sir and/or madam, is that NOT helping the group?

KaBar42
Group Contributor

Because, FIMFic wasn't designed to be run like a government. It's not feasible. This is a popularity contest.

As an admin of a few other groups, I do not let people vote for the admins because that tends to turn into a crapshoot.

I'm not going to force him to adopt my practices, mainly because I can't and wouldn't anyway. But admins run group based off their ability, not who likes them.

Tony Montana
Group Admin

3844611 Then it's not a Republic. A Republic consists of ELECTED members to represent a group. If they aren't elected even indirectly, it's not a republican form of government. I know, I took AP US Government, I scored a 5 out of 5 on the Exam and ace'd the class. You need to realise that this is not a Republic if there are no elected representatives.
3844584 In response to this, it's the electoral college that determines the President in the US, not the people. In 1876, Samuel Tilden won 50.9% of the popular vote yet lost the Electoral College due to a shady backroom deal that secured his opponent the Presidency. Do we really want that type of corruption in the NLR?

KaBar42
Group Contributor

I ceded to the point. 3844608

And I explain on the gov, bit further. 3844631

It's not what he did, it's how he did it! It could have been so much simpler if he did this AFTER reconstruction was done! But no, he chose to do it now. That's the main reason I don't support him or whatever he does. He didn't think.
Will you shut up about Eastern Europe in 1989?! This is the tenth time I have see you talking about it!

Please understand, one to three times is okay, but you keep comparing us to it and it's getting bloody annoying!

Tony Montana
Group Admin

3844640 All I'm doing is driving the point home. Trust me, if the elections go through, you'll keep hearing that comparison.

Then I really hope this election gets killed.

Tony Montana
Group Admin

3844656 Well, I doubt it will be since M1SFORTUNE has yet to do anything and many admins are asking him to let them go through since they're not fighting it.

I would like a list of these admins please. I want to ask all of them why they would agree to this.

Tony Montana
Group Admin

3844670 Why should you care? Were you even an admin at any point? If for any reason, they're fed up with trying to deal with us and aren't wanting to see the group die, unlike a few on here who legitimately couldn't care less about the members or the group.

No, but does that matter? I want to know why, simple as that. I mean that is, if those admins exist.

Tony Montana
Group Admin

3844684 Read what I added.

I have a feeling you're talking about Nexus and Striker.

Tony Montana
Group Admin

3844684 Also, M1SFORTUNE has been on today and has done nothing about flec. His inaction should be evidence in itself that he's willing to let the election go through as he has realised that this change is needed on top of several admins stating that they will not fight this vote. If you really don't want a vote, leave. Because at this rate, it's going to happen and I'll work my ass off to get my nominees in power including Cupid.

KaBar42
Group Contributor

I'm sorry, but if I may butt in. Did you know that Cupid has stolen valor, claiming to be a marine once? I may have a screencap of it, I'll see if I can find it, but it was on his deviantart, unfortunately it was edited out.

Tony Montana
Group Admin

3844715 I'd like to see that, please.

He posted
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

KaBar42
Group Contributor

Let me see if I can find it, it was few months ago.

If I can't find it, I've got a bunch of people from Rage Reviews who can back me up.

KaBar42
Group Contributor

No, he actually had it on his DA bio that he was an ex-marine. I called him out on the fact that no real marine says they're an ex marine. And he marked my comment as spam.

Tony Montana
Group Admin

3844728 Um, if you're talking about what the guy posted above you, then that's not stealing valour, that's a popular meme that many have posted and reposted.

I don't care about the vote really. I just want Flec to recognize why he shouldn't have been this drastic with it. He did this shit when the group was in desperate need for attention from all the admins, and he DEMOTED all of them when we needed them most. This vote can continue AFTER the group is not a complete mess.

KaBar42
Group Contributor

No. 3844736

I'm still looking for that screencap. It may be a few hours because I can't find my screencap so I need to contact someone else to see if they have it.

WHAT "reconstruction"?! No one was reconstructing anything!

Tony Montana
Group Admin

3844709 I was actually talking about Striker and you. When you guys basically said "fuck the members". And yes, I screen captured it.

Tony Montana
Group Admin

3844749 We'll talk when you can provide it to me. Until then, it's just a baseless claim and accusation much like the deal with Fragment.

First, what I may or may not have done in the past has no effect on the present. Second, I never claimed to be a marine. I am far too young to be a marine.

KaBar42
Group Contributor

And I understand that. I am still looking for it.

First, what I may or may not have done in the past has no effect on the present.

Riding on the coattails of men who risked their lives does have an effect.

Second, I never claimed to be a marine.

Yes you did. Don't you remember the comment calling you out on DA that you proceeded to mark as spam and quickly edited your bio?

I said it once and I shall say it again: Fuck. The. Members.

I've seen too many groups die because of this same shit. The members don't know what they discuss, but I promise you, if they did they would also hear legitimate reasons as to why they do what they do.

Tony Montana
Group Admin

3844782 Then I'm glad you were never an admin. That way of thinking is harmful. Oh btw, Nexus has already stated that he won't fight the election. So if you're unhappy with the way the founder and admins are dealing with flec, leave and establish your own group. These elections look like they're going to happen whether you want them to or not. If Cupid gets elected, then he gets elected and there's NOTHING you can do about it.

3844801 or me, but most likely we both get picked, 1 admin can't run a group this size

Tony Montana
Group Admin

3844805 Yes, but I was referring to the fact that they seem to loathe the idea of Cupid being an admin.

3844816 and not me, they don't want me either.

All right, that's it. You have run out of my patience.

I DO NOT CARE ABOUT THIS GOD DAMN VOTE! I WANT FLEC TO UNDERSTAND THAT HE DID THIS AT THE WRONG TIME! WHAT DID YOU NOT HEAR ABOUT THAT?!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 125