Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18
sgtnolisten
Group Contributor

In one of my routine checks over this group, I have discovered that we finally have one graduate!

Let us all give a big round of applause to "Equestria In Human" by jpfluttershy for finally reaching the 500 views mark!

Great job every Brony!

toafan
Group Admin

Well caught. I'd noticed that some relocation was necessary, but hadn't gotten around to it. (To busy reading :facehoof:)

I unfortunately do not have an applause gif. However, it is deserved.

Everything in the 400-500 category is currently "a graduate", except for "To Get a Life Once Lost".

When the 90% upvote rule is taken into account, there's a bit of a bloodbath. Some of those fics no longer qualify for inclusion in this group.

Seriously, views aren't the best measure in any case.

Other things:

In the 301-400 folder, The Fiddler's Lament appears to no longer exist. (Which is a pity, since it sounded interesting.)

In the 201-300 folder, my "Just Winging it" should be in the 301-400 folder, but would need to be moved to the 401-500 folder in a couple views. (As will my "Making Friends", but that ones in the right folder right now, anyways.)

"To get a life once lost", in the 0-100 view folder, has 488 views!

To Get a Life Once Lost is also in the 400-500 listing simultaneously... and it doesn't qualify for either, because 14% of its votes are downvotes.

Periphery
Group Admin

I've sorta been leaving The Fiddler's Lament there for posterity. There was another fic I enjoyed a while back that got unpublished, and I didn't notice until after I'd already removed it from the group, intending to shift its folder. Anyway, if you really want to read The Fiddler's Lament, I saved a copy of it I could try to figure out a way to send you. Want me to toss the text into a PM? It might lose a tiny bit of formatting, but nothing critical, just some indents, divider lines, and one or two bits of italics, I think.

Yeah, whoever added that story just stuck it in every folder. It's one of those fics I'm waffling about, trying to decide how strict to be with those that drop below 90%.

Sure, if you still have a copy around. Though the description feels vaguely familiar. I have to wonder if I read it at some point...

322381 As of the new feed system, it says my novel has 1,409 total views, but retains an overall constant 83 right now. :twilightoops: Should I remove it from this group?

sgtnolisten
Group Contributor

3703795 Taofan is the one you should ask. He's the creator of the group.

323418 So what do you think?

toafan
Group Admin

zzHmm? What? What?

No, I'm not.

Probably? I haven't seen it, so I can't give you a definite answer. With a name or a link I could, though. (I didn't spot it in 0-100 views and I'm not digging through all of your stories to guess which you're referring to.)

To overgeneralize where I shouldn't, if you think your own fic doesn't belong here then you're probably right. But it's always possible that someone disagrees with you!

"Equestria In Human" by jpfluttershy

:rainbowderp:
Equestria in Human by ocalhoun.

I can't find jpfluttershy's version.
I can haz linky?

3704923 Okay. I was just confused and tired last night. :twilightoops: Thanks for the answer. I'll keep it here for now since it retains a constant 83 (it must've added all the chapters or something...)

I'll shoot you a link via PM since it has the mature tag.

sgtnolisten
Group Contributor

3704967 This post was a good while ago. I can't be sure that this story is the one I talked about since, if it is the right one, he's changed his pen-name.

But here you go.

Equestria in Human

toafan
Group Admin

Ah, that would explain it.

Looks fine to me. Last I knew, FimFiction reported chapter-with-most-views, and then also all views across all chapters. It's possible that's changed, but I don't have any reason to believe so. It's also possible one is unique views, and one includes people re-reading.

Either way, I'm like 95% confident that the 83 is the number we'd use to determine eligibility.

I'm convinced that, once upon a time, it used to be possible to see how many views a given chapter has. I'm not sure how you'd go about it now, short of loading every chapter page and looking at the viewcounter. You're on your own there.

(Incidentally, that fic is in solid violation of the votes rule. Since I'm officially ignoring this group, I'm not going to touch it--unless you ask me to, and then there would probably be a bloodbath as I hit all offenders.)

3705427 Okay. Must be maths in the works. :twilightsmile: At least we figured it out.

Ah, that explains why I couldn't find it at first.

322381 Hey, my story just reached 102 views. Does that mean it gets moved to another folder? :pinkiehappy:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18