Spilight 689 members · 444 stories
Comments ( 43 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 43

Which do you prefer and why?
Yes, I know this is a Spilight group, but, as we all know, there is the occasional Spilight love triangle. So, pick your poison.
Personally, I'd chose Sparity. Now I'm still against this ship, but I've become rather used to it. Besides, on the logic scale, it's higher than Flashlight. I mean, a pubescent teen sees a hot girl and develops a crush. Said crush working out is a bit illogical given Rarity's personality type, but hey, whatever. Besides, you just sort of expect it after awhile.
The only time I really have a problem with Sparity is when it's shippers say it's better than Spilight. They both mirror each other with the only difference being Twilight and Spike have a closer bond and more history together.
So why didn't I chose Flashlight? Well, despite the fact I have yet to read a Flashlight Spilight love triangle, (and I always love a new spin on Spilight) the logic of this ship is painful. Think about it. Twilight is the most logical of any of the mane six, constantly over analyzing every single detail. So I'm a little confused as to how she would instantly fall for someone (who's still a human) without any consideration. Then she leaves the human world without seeming to give a damn about him, but instantly develops a crush of his parallel universe double. This goes against her character entirely. She would have very quickly realized the shallowness of her actions, and showed no interest in the other Flash. She doesn't even know him! She only knows his double! So what the hell?!
The logic of this ship makes me want to do this.

I'm sorry I kinda ranted. I'm just really anti of this ship.
Well, that's about it. Just promise to use logic.

Logic.

3035955 I love Sparity. I'd take it over FlashLight any day

Max
Max #3 · Mar 8th, 2014 · · ·

Spilight all da way

3035955 Pfft, it isn't even a hard choice: Sparity.

3035955 I agree with you on Sparity being of higher quality. Ass Entry simply doesn't have personality and Rarity can at least become a good mate material if she were to simply grow up a little and realize what she is doing, like for example manipulating Spike out of his birthday present...

easy Sparity by miles

Neither! :twilightangry2:
i choose the third option: SPLIGHT! :moustache::heart::twilightsmile:

Because I dislike Rarity and despise flashlight.

Sparity. Without a doubt.

3036093 Not implying, stating facts :twilightsmile: I mean really, the element of generosity if it means being generous to herself... this is the best explanation I have ever heard for behaving like a b**ch towards others.:moustache:
Truth be told, the only real generosity we see in Rarity's behavior is in the very first two episodes of MLP season one where she literally sacrificed her own looks for someone's else sake... but those were written by L. Faust herself so I guess from the writing cast only she understands what it means to be generous.

3036131 True, but that was obvious lie :rainbowlaugh: The point is she didn't have to do it but still did it...which was about the only single time she actually acted true to the element she is supposed to be. Other times her generosity is simply doing something to either build up her own ego or gain something or is not generosity at all (like with Spike digging up mountain of gems for her so she could 'generously' give him a tiny portion of them).

3035955 Sorry for derailing topic, I'll be quiet now :twilightsheepish:

I agree, I support Sparity. I've yet to know anyone who likes Flashlight. Seriously, Flash never appears in season 4 as of yet. We've even SEEN Twilight in the crystal empire again. How can anyone support such a ship if the show doesn't even knowledges him as a character?!

I will always take Spilight. But if I had to pick I would rather go with Sparity. The less reminders of Equestria Girls "shutters" the better.

3035955 I hate Flashlight with a passion.
I'll pick anything else but that ship. :flutterrage::twilightangry2:

3035955 I'm really tired of people bashing Sparity because it's a 'cliche' ship and it's worse than their lardass of a ship and blah blah blah.

I honestly, do not see ANYTHING wrong with Sparity. I don't care what the fuck anyone digs up, I don't see anything wrong with it. Most people that hate it usually follow headcanons or they see one minor thing and blow it out of proportion. It's honestly tiring. It's not even that they say they don't like it and move on, but the fact that they just have to parade around and make it a complete pariah is what pisses me off.

I'm not saying I worship the pairing, but the amount of hate it receives is fucking annoying.

So a kid falls in love with a mare that her main job is to look pretty. Who wouldn't fall for that in real life?

I'm just tired of the hate. I really am. I'm talking to you, Overkill. 3036093

P.S How is FlashLight still a thing?

-YNA

3036828 I'm not going to argue on whatever the hell is it that you're spewing out of your keyboard right now, because I honestly don't care. What I do care, is why the hell do you feel that you should parade around saying that you hate the pairing? Do you think a nazi would go around saying "I hate Jewish people!"? No, he wouldn't. So why should you argue about one pairing out of the millions there are? You have a whole group and website filled with other pairings. Fuck off on Sparity.

3037034 And of course, stubbornness over logic in your case. I'm done with you. Case shut.

'Clap, clap, clap', well said my friend.

I don't like either ship, but if I had to choose I would go for Sparity.

Look dude, the only reason I don't like Sparity is because I've been where Spike is and I hated it. You bust your ass for someone, doing everything you can to make them happy, all the while the girl won't even give you the time of day. And then the bitch goes and fucks your friend, even though she knows you'd do anything for her. So whenever I see this happening in real life or fiction I get pissed off. Yes, my opinion is extremely bias, so I'm not the best to go off of. But I don't utterly despise this ship. I just have personal reasons. And honestly, here recently I've begun to become more neutral on this ship. I'm far more concerned with the Flashlight nonsense.
Speaking of Flashlight, the only logical reasoning I can see anyone shipping them is "fuck you its cute" or "Twilight finally came out of her shell." However, I can find several reasons to view this ship as completely detached from the show and pointless. So we have common ground there.

Fuck'em both. SpiShy x Twispike triangle FTW.

Not even a contest. Sparity over Flashlight all day every day, but Spilight forever.:twilightsmile::heart::moustache:

3037965 I'm surprised that hasn't been done yet. :rainbowhuh:

3038075 Seriously!!! That's a love triangle that needs to be done. Like, for real.

3038091 Hell, a Twispike love triangle with ANY of the mane six outside of Rarity would be a breath of fresh air. I don't even think there are any. :raritydespair:

I'd choose death before those.

3037965 FUCK YEAH!!! ... But now I don't know which ship I'd want more. :raritydespair:
Parallel universes perhaps? Parallel universes fix every love triangle. :moustache:

3043504 Why that's easy mah boi.

You must ship FlutterSpiLight.

3043565 And SpikeDash, AppleSpike, SpikeBelle, SpikeBloom, ScootaSpike, and occasionally SpikePie. Spike is my shipping whore...

3036093 And worse uses this feelings to use him, just look at the episode, Secret of my Excess and Rarity goes to Mane-hatten, I'll be digging that mare's grave if not others already dug them..... Flash however at least he defended Twilight at an accusation on Eq girls.... Still I prefer Spike over him to ship with Twilight any day....

3037965 I'll put that on Dragon Undefeated if you don't mind....

3035955 Option 3::twilightsmile::heart::moustache:

But seriously If I had to choose one, I'd choose the lesser of the two poisons in my opinion, Sparity. I don't like being reminded that Flash Sentry even exists. :pinkiesick:

Me to Sparity:

Me to Flashlight:

I perfer SpikeLight :moustache::heart::twilightsmile:
But if I HAD to chose, I'd go for Sparity

3054735 Wow... that story was horrible.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 43