Twilight's Library 4,833 members · 6,262 stories
Comments ( 36 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 36

Here are some rules about the use of the groups new approval seal. Here it is just in case you haven't seen it yet

A Larger One

A Smaller One

Now here are the rules for its use:

1. It is only to be posted in the comments of fics that are being approved for the Library.

2. This seal is only to be used by the Admins since we are the ones who approve the fics.

Credit for the Seal goes to to Mr Pones
Credit for the original Vector goes to Ambris

That's great!

Thanks for taking into account my worries and ideas! :yay:

Yeah arcum42 liked the idea so we decided to do it, though it is entirely up to the author if they want to post it in the Long Description or not :scootangel:

I do have a small question. If a story was added but no admin left a comment, does that mean it was approved or it was a mistake?

Is it alright, if we shrink it down for the long description? Maybe to about 225X300

If it was added to any folder other than the Incoming Folder than yes it was approved

Yes I didn't realize how large it was until I posted it on one of my own stories. I'm going to make a smaller version

I second this; the pic takes up a lot of space in the description so I hope it's okay that I sized it down a little

1381182 Yea it didn't look that big until I looked at it on a description for one of mine. I did some tests with Gimp and at 225x300 it doesn't lose any detail.

1381210 Welcome, this is what it looks like smaller

I like what you and 1381186 did. I think we can take advantage of both sizes. The larger for comments and the smaller for descriptions

1381240 Yea, the comment area it's not so bad if it's bigger. :twilightblush:

I tested your smaller one at it is perfect :scootangel:

1381261 Awesome :pinkiehappy: I tried to balance smaller size with out getting distortion in the image. That size was a good balance between the two.

If you do use this in any of the ways just stated we will call Liam Neeson and he will find you.

This group just got a billion times better. How on Earth did you get his number?

Can we have a “stamp” sort of approval thingy?
y'know, the small rectangle ones?

the ribbons look too big for my taste. :3

Sorry but this is what we are using :duck:

The use of imbedded images in the story discription is a violation of fimfiction.net rules

Son of a...I think we forgot about that rule. Then again I've seen people put art in the description before maybe they aren't to harsh about that rule. Either way thanks for pointing it out I''ve frantically got into contact with arcum42

1767594 Yeah... I am friends with two of the Fimfic mods, and was discussing this in a group. I do understand its all good intentions and such, but I figured it best that you all know what is going on

1767894 I see the story that brought the situation to the attention of the mods has removed the seal from the description as well. (I did message the author about this to let him know.)

Oh so we did get someones story removed...that makes me sad :fluttercry:

1767925 NO! You misunderstood... the author removed the SoA from the description, to comply with the rules.

From what I heard, they do not plan on having any stories removed, as long as the authors comply with the rules.

Oh okay that's good to hear. We're are trying to clean this up anyway I'm already PM'd half a dozen people I've approved before. We are restricting this to comments now.

Elric of Melnipony
Group Contributor

In an effor to make things easier, I've run the addresses for the seals through a URL shortener.
You now have less to copy/paste into the Insert Image function when you're leaving comments.

The large seal:
http://tinyurl.com/mbho6go

The small seal:
http://tinyurl.com/kaxbtuk

Well, that's a sad frownie face on me. :(

We are maybe trying to find a way to where authors can still boast they got in without violating any sight rules.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

1380971>>1770632>>1765942

After talking with arcum42, I'm gonna pm Wanderer D and ask him if he can put an announcement in his monthly group announcement thing about this. Here's what I was planning on sending as an announcement for him to use. How does it look?

--Sweetie Belle

The Twilight's Library Group Ribbon: Use and Misuse

Hi! I'm Sweetie Belle, and I'm stepping in today as official spokespony for the Twilight's Library group. Our groups getting sorta big, so you've probably seen us around. You've probably even seen this ribbon around, haven't you?

Well, if one of your stories is approved, you have the right to use that ribbon for your fic! Pretty neat, right? We thought it was. We even kinda suggested putting in the story description. It's fun, satisfying, and might even make somepony decide to read it! Almost like those Crusader capes I made.

Only, remember how Rarity got upset about the gold lining and yelled at me 'bout it? Yeah.

Take a quick look at the site rules here:

See that one circled? Even though images actually work in the descriptions rather then collapsing like everywhere else, they aren't allowed. (And why do they work there, I wonder?)

Well, we still have the ribbon. Use it on your user page, with the names of the approved stories, or put it in one of the chapters or the author notes. And you can use it in a blog post, or when posting in groups promoting your story. That shouldn't be a problem. But not in the description.

We fixed what it says on the group, but, trouble is there are a buncha stories out there with it in the description already. so that's why we wanted this as an announcement. If you have it in one of your story descriptions, Wanderer D or one of the other mods could end up talking to you about it.

And that'd make me sad. You don't want to see Sweetie Belle sad, do you?

--Sweetie Belle

Elric of Melnipony
Group Contributor

Looks good to me. I think that should do nicely. :pinkiesmile:

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Thanks. I may have kinda been inspired by Wanderer D's other blogs...

--Sweetie Belle

1771094 I do hope that everything can be cleared up without any problems.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 36