Humans Aren't Bastards 4,068 members · 211 stories
Comments ( 19 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 19

I think it's relevant to the whole...meat thing we've seen in so many HiE fics

616321 If they could talk then they could think. If they could think then they wouldn't be fucking food. But they can't, they can't, and they are.

Wouldn't eat it. It'd just give me indigestion.

I think the general rule would probably be along the lines of, "don't eat it if it can ask you not to."
This assumes that the animals talking is something new though, if it was always like that then I guess they'd still be food.

The mind that thought of this is a mix of madness and genius....

616325 Glad we share that viewpoint.

616326 So provided it was y'know a pig like that in the pic... yes er no?

Don't talk to your prey,:ajbemused:

616348 I'm afraid if I did I would catch a bad case of the stupids.

616325 Ya mahn, lez take 'dis an' get totally blitzed mahn!
Where's my gun!?

616334 My rule is to not eat members of a species that can A) Perform algebra and geometry, or B) Study Immanuel Kant. So if there was an entire species of pigs that had such low levels of intelligence, to the point where their instincts for self-preservation are hindered by their idiocy, I'd eat em'.

616350 And don't sleep with the boss:scootangel:

If they were smart enough to where they could talk, then that means they'd know what was up when a farmer approached with a gun. That's good--fear makes meat taste better.

616361 What if it was chicken?

616334 Yeah, 616350 He's right, What kind of predator are you?

616355 Stupid isn't contagious... it's just an STD.

Mostly depends on the availability of food. Also how stupid they are. Really, killing the one that taunts predators is doing the species a favor....

In Equestria I would focus on eating meat, meat is more reliable than plants, plants push predators away after death Animals do it while they are alive.

If they start preaching "four legs good" at me, onto the dinner table they go.

Bender: Who wants dolphin?
Leela: Dolphin? But dolphins are intelligent.
Bender: Not this one. He blew all his money on instant lottery tickets.
Fry: OK.
Leela: Oh, OK.
Amy: That's different.
Farnsworth: Good, good.
Leela: Pass the blowhole.
Amy: Can I have a fluke?
Hermes: Hey, quit hogging the bottle-nose.
Farnsworth: Toss me the speech centre of the brain!

I'm trying to avert this in one of my works... the human avoids mentioning meat-eating because he THINKS the ponies won't like it, but then they reveal that most of their actual *pets* are meat-eaters and they're used to it.

As a hunter, I can indeed confirm that animals don't talk and therefore are fair game.

They sure do sound weird though. The last deer I shot kept making this noise "Nicht schiessen! Nicht schiessen!" Crazy animal gibberish.

If it said 'YOLO' even once in its life time then I wouldn't eat it.

I'd probably catch cholera or something.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 19